MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions)

5 posters

Go down

Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) Empty Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions)

Post by Game Master Sat May 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello all! Since Tyler is currently indisposed, I am going to be adding Community Staff duties to my duties as well. This is just a somewhat irrelevant preface to explain why he is not doing the tournament planning. I will also be using my roleplay accounts to attempt to interact more frequently with you, the members, as I dislike the notion of growing to distant from the community that we've built together.

Preamble Rambling:

At any rate, I have a few ideas on how these matches should be conducted. They won't be terribly interesting off the bat yet I'm afraid. In fact, most of these are pretty vanilla. I want to save the super cool awesome ideas for a little later down the line. To start:

Five different tournaments- one for each tier. Its really maddening when a tier one is forced to go up against a Tier Five. That's not a match, its a forgone conclusion. Most Tier Ones have cleverly designed trees and can still put up some resistance (I should know- I've seen every skill tree) but A Tier Five is utterly overwhelming. To keep it fair, and to better analyze the combat system in the most balanced manner possible we would segregate the tournament into a separate one for each individual tier.

Double Elimination Structure- each tournament would begin with one bracket- the standard bracket. All contestants start in that bracket, and it follows a pretty normal pattern. Two people fight, one person wins and one person loses. The winner advances to the next match in the standard bracket. This would be where the second bracket came in- the so-called "loser" bracket. People who lose their matches, if they wish to continue in the tournament, can opt into this bracket. The matches of the loser bracket progress in much the same way as the matches of the standard bracket, but there is a caveat. At the end of the tournament, there will be a winner from the Standard Bracket, and a winner from the Loser Bracket. These two will fight for first place. The loser will not place in the tournament.

Themes for Each Tier- each tournament would have a theme fitting for that tier. Tier one is supposed to reflect a normal person- no training, no extra cool things, just a person native to the setting. So, something like a psuedo struggle competition would be cool for them, whereas Tier Two would be a straight up normal tournament. Each tournament would take place in a different location, more suited to the power of the people fighting in it. Tier Three Tournaments would take place in the Coliseum, for instance, as it has proven to be capable of handling tier three characters just fine.

NO KILLING- It's a tournament, not fight to the death. You fight until you KO the opponent, and then you're done.

These are some general things I'm thinking of, and it should be noted that none of these are set in stone. And, yes, I did not discuss prizes yet. This is intentional. What the rewards are will not be a surprise, but they will only be developed after the tournament is completed as to adequately gauge what they should be.

What do you guys think? What should go into a tournamant? Should we have them at all? Do we need to wait longer?

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) Empty Re: Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions)

Post by Efeu Sat May 16, 2015 8:10 pm

I think we still should wait a little longer there is still that tier thing going on exept tier three got thrown in the mix so now its 1 3 and 5 tiers are the most doninte and tier ones don't really have a huge chance between a tier three and no chance between a tier 5 and tier three has little to no chance to beat a tier 5 so to be honest I think we should wait int ell the playing feilds change you now more balence out so we can have a little better chances for tier 1 with tier 2's and tier 5's have some one to really fight agents a tier four I mean what are the chances of a tier 4 appering right now from what I now there are no tier fours as of yet well tier 5's can fight tier 5's but yeah more verity in tiers but still Tier ones have a chance of going aggents a tier 5 but verity like tier 2 gets to go aggents a tier 4 like that we have more verity 3 goes aggents a 4 and so on

Efeu

Back to top Go down

Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions) Empty Re: Grand Tournament Planning (Suggestions)

Post by Game Master Sat May 16, 2015 8:14 pm

Zdynasty, I have addressed your concerns with this quote:

Game Master wrote:Five different tournaments- one for each tier. Its really maddening when a tier one is forced to go up against a Tier Five. That's not a match, its a forgone conclusion. Most Tier Ones have cleverly designed trees and can still put up some resistance (I should know- I've seen every skill tree) but A Tier Five is utterly overwhelming. To keep it fair, and to better analyze the combat system in the most balanced manner possible we would segregate the tournament into a separate one for each individual tier.

Unless the concern is just that there aren't enough people, that is something I forgot to address too: one person would be able to enter multiple characters into the tournaments.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominik Anatolijs Sat May 16, 2015 9:03 pm

This actually sounds really awesome. Really the kind of thing that will get us to be able to show off some of our abilities. Seeing that the summer rush will be coming soon, it should be interesting. However, I do think we should wait just a tad bit, allow some people to fit into any newly created characters and get a feel for the role play environment here. Nonetheless, I can't wait to see what this will bring~
Dominik Anatolijs
Dominik Anatolijs

Directory : Dominik's Hall

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasper Poe Sun May 31, 2015 12:48 am

Looks incredibly fun, I am totally interested in what this has to offer and what it has to lose. I honestly can't wait; I'm with Nicolas Cage on this particular subject.
Jasper Poe
Jasper Poe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jameson Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:59 pm

I would gladly participate in a Tournament. My RP-Fighting skills have improved since the last time I fought in one, and I would gladly help in whatever way I can.

I just need to get my original char up to it then. I won't be using Garth.
Jameson
Jameson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down