MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
The Skill-Tree That Never Was EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

The Skill-Tree That Never Was

2 posters

Go down

The Skill-Tree That Never Was Empty The Skill-Tree That Never Was

Post by Hugh Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Base Ability
Much Ado About - The user cannot be magically located nor detected, because anything that would normally allow someone to track him in such way simply does not exist. Senses enhanced magically also do not detect him, but senses that are naturally heightened, do.

Base Ability Cool Down
Passive

Tier One

1st Skill
Loud - The user cannot be put under a silence effect that is not borne from the Nothingness element.

2nd Skill
Not It - The user cannot be the target of any spells or abilities that must specify him as a target.

3rd Skill
Who - Anyone capable of observing Hugh cannot retain a memory of him for longer than 24 hours unless the user specifically desires someone to. The very memories of him are made of Nothing, and eventually dissolve without the will to survive. The mind of someone affected will restructure their memories with that involved to make sense without him, as his existence is censored.

4th Skill
Isn't - The user can become intangible and invisible for two posts: the nature of this ability is born from Nothingness, so it can only be pierced through by an ability from Nothingness as well. Cooldown: 6 posts.

5th Skill
Begone - The user's attacks slowly decay objects and living matter; or more accurately, they erase them. Each attack does minor displacement damage.

Tier Two

1st Skill
Through the Hide - The user focuses on his next attack, before unleashing a powerful blow that completely passes through any armor or barriers and strikes the bare skin of his victim. Cooldown: 4 posts.

2nd Skill
Beget - The user, with a touch, completely dissolves an object up to the size of a door, leaving no trace. Only items with strong magical protections can feign off this erasure. Cooldown: 2 posts.

3rd Skill
Not - The user dissolves his own being, re-assembling himself up to 10 meters away. However, this is simply an image constructed of pure Nothingness - Hugh remains in his original spot, invisible, for two posts. Cooldown: 3 posts.

4th Skill
Reformed - The user can regrow lost body parts by exuding pure Nothingness from his body. One limb can be formed every 10 posts - up to twenty appendages can be formed every 10 posts, instead, if desired.

Tier Three

1st Skill
Eating Auras - The user releases an invisible wave of Nothingness that lasts 3 posts which dissolves aura-like magics in a 30 foot radius, at the very least keeping them at bay from affecting him. If the Auras are not actively fed magic, they dissipate. Cooldown: 6 posts.

2nd Skill
When - The user's magical influence cannot be detected, much like he cannot be detected. This includes when he negates abilities or affects someone with a status ailment or debuff.

3rd Skill
Maybe Not, Not - The user exudes an aura that causes magical constructs and summons to dissolve or be dispelled back to where they came, be it the ether or another plane of existence. The aura extends one hundred meters in any direction, lasting three posts. After whence, everything dispelling or dissolved returns. Anything with a duration has 3 posts removed from its remaining time.

Tier Four

1st Skill
Iota of Those Without - The user can call and control even very powerful Nobodies, as he is a Nobody of the highest caliber.

2nd Skill
Unaware - The user is dealt damage by enemies as if they had no positive buffs, if they have any, and deals damage to enemies as if he had no negative stat buffs, if he has any. This ability does not change he amount of increased damage inflicted by stat changes.

Tier Five

1st Skill
Limitation Creation - The user can call upon Nothingness to create Laws That Shouldn't Be, which manifest in a 300 meter radius. These laws are much like the laws of gravity, matter, and light - they are known to anyone affected by them immediately, and no one escapes their grasp, even the user. Each Law has a different effect, and must be active 3 posts before being switched to another or off. Only one Law can be active at a time. If the user switches the Laws off, he must wait 10 posts before activating them again. Following the Laws are mandatory, and are neigh-impossible to break: an ability of Nothingness of equal caliber is the only thing that can cancel out these Laws. The Laws are as follows -

--Merlin's Folly - MP cannot be used.
--Eidolon's Slaughter - Summons are unable to be called.

When this ability is activated, two arms comprised of pure Nothingness jut from Hugh's back, each one holding a small orb colored a cloudy gray, the only discriminating feature on each one a glowing 'M' or 'E' respective to the corresponding Law with the same letter at the beginning of it's name; the magic of the Laws come from these orbs, and they are physical extensions of Hugh's self. When an orb breaks (a moderately difficult task within itself) or the user looses contact with the orb (either dropping it or having the arm severed, the arms being much weaker than his regular ones, with only a T3 Endurance), then that Law is no longer usable. If that is the current Law active, then the other one is activated in 3 posts, unless Hugh decides to dismiss the remaining orbs. If connection with an Orb is lost for any reason, it cannot be restored for the entire topic.

Last edited by Hugh on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 9 times in total
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

The Skill-Tree That Never Was Empty Re: The Skill-Tree That Never Was

Post by Game Master Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:50 pm

"Who" would be relegated to a Moon-element ability, since Moon is the element that deals with Memories.

"Dissolve Into Me" is not going to be capable of erasing memories for that same reason. Also, the less wiling a person is to break contact would be relative to the character affected, since that's an in character choice they have to make.

I do not allow the destruction of Hearts on MH.

You would not be receiving their skill trees or Keyblades if this was successful.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:50 pm

But Nothingness deals with erasure - just as it can erase the ground without having the earth element, it should be able to erase memories, even if it doesn't have the moon element. The same with fire, water, etc. Moon shouldn't get special treatment nor should Nothingness be limited in such a way. If Nothingness can't do what it is designed to do then it's kind of moot, in my opinion.

The destruction of hearts part has been removed, as has the acquirement ability.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Short Version: My fiat is that Memory is a property of Moon element. It is not treating the element specially. Moon is considered an Advanced Element for a reason.

Long Version:

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 pm

I personally don't agree with that, mainly because a huge part of being a Nobody is loosing oneself when becoming one, and that in the canon their are instances that support that Nothingness can directly tamper with and erase Memories.

Castle Oblivion, doused in Nothingness by Aqua, causes people to shed memories. The only known person able to manipulate memories (Namine) was also a Nobody - while that bit of evidence can be seen as her using 'Moon', it doesn't take away from the fact that she was the only person to be able to do so.

More-so, it has been shown that the heart directly deals with memories, which means that Nothingness (an element of Heart), should be able to affect them.

Also, I don't understand the difference of erasure and applying non-existence to an object - me applying the characteristic of my element to something shouldn't be extreme.

Also, creating memories is very Nothingness - creating something from Nothing that shouldn't exist? It seems almost like a staple to the element. Nothingness is one of the raw creation elements, alongside Light and Darkness.

But, in the end, you do have the final say and interpretation of the elements and what they can do. While I would argue that this is me simply using the element in a slightly creative way, I can only protest to a point before it becomes detrimental.

So if you still feel strongly about how the elements work in your system, then I will concede.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm

I do feel strongly about it, because the evidence you have presented to me has already been reviewed by myself and others. Our interpretation was that Aqua, being heavily water themed, was likely tied to the Moon as well given it's relation to water.

It's largely based on interpretation.

But, you do raise one interesting point right here. "Also, creating memories is very Nothingness - creating something from Nothing that shouldn't exist? It seems almost like a staple to the element."

While no, it isn't a raw creation element in my eyes, this is a very valid thing to bring to my attention and it will be reviewed as such.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:53 am

Edited to the precedents set, changing only the final ability and restructing 'Who'.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:39 pm

First: the ability itself would need to be weaker. Since you didn't use this tree to create a limit with the base ability, creating what is essentially a limit break with the final T5 skill will not be allowed. It may instead be a limit. It will not affect the entire world, but a large area. The final ability can not restrict the use of drive points. It can restrict the ability to summon. Skill Trees will not be negate-able.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Edited.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Relooked this over. You won't be getting what you want out of unaware.

Debuffs that affect your strength will still affect your strength, and debuffs that affect your opponents strength will still affect their strength. Same for buffs. Same for Endurance.

Strength being increased or decreased affects damage output as a side effect. Unaware would not affect that.

Endurance being decreased affects how much damage you take as a side effect. Unaware would not affect that.

Unless the debuff or buff specifically specifies damage as being increased or decreased, it wouldn't be affect by this.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:58 pm

If it uses the word 'damage', then Unaware works, but if a buff or debuff specifies a stat, it doesn't? Apologies, I'm a little confused.

What if the ability stated "The user ignores any changes to an opponents damaging attack or ability that relies on Strength and any changes to their Endurance statistic, be they positive or negative."
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Hugh wrote:If it uses the word 'damage', then Unaware works, but if a buff or debuff specifies a stat, it doesn't?

Exactly.

Hugh wrote:The user ignores any changes to an opponents damaging attack or ability that relies on Strength and any changes to their Endurance statistic, be they positive or negative

Nope. You can't ignore how a person augments their physical traits, just as they can't ignore you if you were to do the same.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:35 am

Edited Unaware to fit your specifications on only being effective vs. damage buffs/debuffs, as well as my first two Tier 1 abilities, which I adapted to my new understanding of the limitations and allowances of the system.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 am

Hugh wrote:The user is dealt damage by enemies as if they had no positive buffs, if they have any, and deals damage to enemies as if he had no negative stat buffs, if he has any. This ability does not change he amount of increased damage inflicted by stat changes

You would still suffer as though you had negative statistic buffs. If somebody debuffs your strength, you wouldn't be able to hit as hard. Just as if somebody increased their endurance, they would naturally not be hit as hard.

Edit: I just set a similar precedent in another approval, so I'll let you know as well. In your T1 section, you can have one immunity. You can either not be targeted or be immune to Aura Effects.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:12 pm

That's what I intended when I wrote it; I apologize if it's not clear enough. Wording suggestion?

The aura immunity was changed to an effect.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:43 pm

There doesn't truly need to be a wording suggestion, as we've clarified the effect in the approval itself. I do try to keep misnomers and such to a minimum, but as long as we are at an understanding all it well.

We're all copacetic now. Carry on.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down