MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Partner Character System EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Partner Character System EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Partner Character System EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Partner Character System EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Partner Character System EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Partner Character System EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Partner Character System EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Partner Character System EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Partner Character System EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Partner Character System

4 posters

Go down

Partner Character System Empty Partner Character System

Post by Hugh Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:55 am

I think we should have a system for Partner Characters - characters directly related to the story of the 'main' character of the account, like a companion. We could have up to two, like in the story, but they probably shouldn't be as powerful as the main character, much like the system from the previous site we all came from.

Maybe limit them to T2-3? With a limited number of slots and only 1 skill-tree, regardless of race? I dunno, just some thoughts I had before going to school, so sorry if this idea isn't fleshed out or anything.

Suggestions? Or is this just not a great idea, giving one player / account to much power, etc.?
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Partner Character System Empty Re: Partner Character System

Post by Hikari Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:42 am

Uh... Why? We already have an infinite amount of character slots.

I really don't see what implementing a partner character system would implement that such wouldn't allow. You can already tie characters together in your story and if you want to cap them out at a lower tier than normal I'm sure that'd be fine. So I don't really see what this would add when it comes to storytelling and/or combat.
Hikari
Hikari
Light's Grace

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:52 am

I actually have been considering a partner system.

It isn't about the infinite amount of character slots. Partner characters are a potentially enriching accessory to the primary character they are designed for. Whether it be for story or combat, designing a partner character gives people the chance to create an ally or allies that specifically help their character in combat. After all, another way to make up for lack of versatility would be to compliment your weaknesses with a team of characters.

Basically, just like Summons, Skill Trees, and abilities they'd be accessories. To story or combat would depend on how they were designed. While it is arguable that you could make alternate characters, building a party out of your alts is a time consuming process when you could have one or two subsidiary characters bound to a single account that grow directly alongside you.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:09 am

Maybe refer to it as a 'Party' system, like in the games. If you really wanted to mold it after KH, only be able to have two party members with you. You get two party members that can travel with you anywhere, and one party member from each world that cannot leave that world.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:52 pm

So what is the current stance / progress on this?
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:00 pm

Once the templates are created and finalized, we'd need to discuss staff allotments and it would be ready for testing. There will be a unique template for Partner Characters to make them feel more like accessories than characters on their own to encourage a dependence on the account's Main Character. There may also be ways that Party Members could graduate into their own characters in the future. With luck, we can finish them tomorrow.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down