MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Envy EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Envy EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Envy EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Envy EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Envy EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Envy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Envy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Envy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Envy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Envy

5 posters

Go down

Envy Empty Envy

Post by Greed Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:27 am

Envious Ambition
For every other character tier, Greed gains an additional Mana Pool, whose maximum capacity is divided by five. Aside capacity, these pools are treated as regular mana pools. However, each pool is a separate target for effects that drain MP, effects that recover MP, etc.

Tier I

1st Skill
Greed's mana pools are immune to negative effects.

2nd Skill
Greed is able to concentrate on multiple spells and their castings at once, allowing him to cast one additional spell per every other character tier simultaneous to any spell he would have casted (or any action that would take his concentration).

3rd Skill
Greed may give or be given any amount of mana.

4th Skill
Whenever one of Greed's MP pools enter cooldown, their maximum capacity is increased by 10 per character tier.

5th Skill
If all of Greed’s mana pools are at maximum capacity, but would otherwise gain mana, the additional points become his mana pools' maximum capacity. He may only gain the points in one pool. The new capacity lasts until the end of the topic.

Tier II

1st Skill
For every character tier, Greed’s mana pool’s maximum capacity are increased by 25.

2nd Skill
Costs involving mana are reduced by 20 per character tier. These abilities are always treated as if they were cast from their full cost for the purpose of effects and how it interacts with other spells and skills.

3rd Skill
All of Greed's cooldowns are decreased by one per character tier. This effect applies after all other effects that modify cooldowns are applied.

4th Skill
Greed's abilities can have up to two additional effects.

Tier III

1st Skill
The additional pools are now at the half capacity of his original.

2nd Skill
Greed's spells are immune to negative effects.

3rd Skill
Costs involving mana are reduced by 30 per character tier. These abilities are always treated as if they were cast from their full cost for the purpose of effects and how it interacts with other spells and skills.

Tier IV

1st Skill
Greed gains the ability to cast spells on the fly, much like he can create Synthesis Items. The ability also confers the user's Moon element and its power over memory, making him able to destroy the knowledge of spells he knows and free the ability slot they fill at the same speed he could create an item or spell.

2nd Skill
Greed may cast a spell without paying the appropriate cost: it still functions as if the full cost was paid.  Cooldown: 5 posts.

Tier V

1st Skill
The additional pools are equal in capacity to his original.

Last edited by Greed on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 7 times in total
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Directory : Everything About Greed

Back to top Go down

Envy Empty Re: Envy

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:25 pm

The base ability is moot, since we generally do allow individuals to change and update the spells they have as an expression the the knowledge behind magic is ever changing, unless this specifically exists to treat spells as though they were Synth items in terms of how they are slotted in which case, I will need to confer with other staff first.

The text of the first skill confuses me. Are you meaning to say that you convert the spell you touch into a Synth item?

I feel as though I've already given you floating charges in another tree. Is this accurate?

I'm not going to let spells you cast be treated as Synthesis Items.

I'm not inclined to let you have a skill that just makes you immune to silence and stunlock-effects, as well as potentially a large portion of the punishment meta all at once. I would suggest narrowing down what the items aren't affected by.

You will need to explain the second skill much more clearly.

There is no third skill.

Stipulations on the first skill are as follows:
The summon can be banished or dismissed from within Greed
Synth Items made from Summon Abilities are destroyed when the summon is destroyed.
You can not automatically kill a summon by eating it, and if absorption into the forge means that it must be destroyed, then we will stop the problem by saying you will not be able to absorb it.
You will not have access to the Summon's Abilities. That gives you the powers of a summon that is potentially beyond the normal reaches of Tier Five just for touching it.

The issue I take with you making your Synth items indestructible is that you are making characters into synth items. This carries the implication that these characters can not be damaged, and if they can be damaged then they can not be killed since they are unable to be destroyed. This raises a problem.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 pm

The base ability would allow a spell to be crafted mid-battle, identical to how synthesis items can be crafted by Greed's other Skill Tree. Also makes modifications function on the same "on the fly" speed.

Yes, but Greed still takes the full effects he normally would of any spell he comes in contact with.

The ability you are thinking of allows him to gain charges by consuming Synthesis Items with charges. This just adds a base amount to that floating pool.

Edited.

Edited.

Edited.

Edited.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:19 pm

The flaw with that comparison comes in Synth vs Spells. Synthesis is the result of skill, but yields an end result that is physical in its properties. It makes sense that a physical item is destroyed and replaced. A spell represents pure knowledge. Destroying it is not as easy as just striking it from a list. It is not that the spell can be crafted mid-battle. It is that the spell has an inherent amount of danger and practice to mastery, as without testing and experimentation even the most powerful of mages would endanger themselves. By creating these abilities off-screen, they avoid this inherent danger.

Moreover, at T4 a person lacks the abilities to see what goes into making magic like a person at T5 does. A person at T5 can just inherently break down the composition of Magic Abilities, which makes this base feasible for them. I find the concept of a person handling raw power without understanding its magnitude or its scope and treating it with an equivalently appropriate care that they would normally give mostly non-reactive or even predictably reactive materials used in the crafting of weapons ludicrous when that same person lacks the required minimum training. Basically, in handling any kind of spell you weren't familiar with because you don't have a process that can analyze it on par with a person who has T5 MAG, you would hurt or even KO yourself because you had no idea what you were handling. I also wouldn't enable you too see spells on par with a T5 Magic user without being a T5 magic user.

For the reasons outlines above, the second skill in Tier Three will not be feasible for you.

In most cases, taking control of a summon costs an equivalent amount of DP.

I'm iffy on preventing them from going to the underworld, and in my view a Heartless could steal their heart as easily as any Keyblade could release it.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Revamped.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 pm

I won't be doing the entire approval, as it's based on my tree, but quick notes in regards to the meta:

Iowa's gauges were divided by three, because he had three pools. Therefore, you need to divide yours by character tier like Aquas.

Mana pools are not sentient, therefore, cannot concentrate for you.

You may only gain 125 MP per skill tree.

Tier III, Skill 2, may be a T2 skill.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:28 pm

The reason it was added to the skill-tree is because these pools differ from regular ones in that they are sentient and capable of holding concentration (which is why their concentration can also be broken). While normal pools cannot, ones with a skill invested that says otherwise should be allowed imo. It's neither unreasonable nor game-breaking, imo.

Everything else was edited accordingly.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 am

Given that your pools are more powerful than a standard pool it will capped to three. Currently, as Aqua is a low tier, allowing her base ability to behave differently allows me to observe it grow and see how it affects her playstyle, which will affect how I see it going forward.

Thus, by letting a lower tier character experiment with the concept balance is not threatened in a substantial manner. As for you, you will be held to the standard of other current tier fives unless Aqua's ability proves fair and superior, at which point you will be free to upgrade this ability.

MP Pools are also not sentient. That would make them alive. If this were the case, then they could be killed and taken permanently from the character. While you may be willing to explore such a drawback I am not.

Also, the mana pools aren't being targeted for silence. The character is. Something that just occurred to me which is quite important to consider.

For reference, you should really fill the other two slots at T3.

Any spell cast due to the second T4 skill is still regarded as a spell, but as it costs no mana is not subject to effects that would inhibit, prohibit, or prey upon mana usage.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Edited in compliance.

Also, I'm unsure what happened to those T3 skills. Filled in, regardless. Also, the fourth skill in tier two has changed.

Also edited in compliance.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:57 pm

APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Claiming for Mercy (Greed's Seeker), replacing all instances of 'Greed' with 'Mercy'.
Mercy
Mercy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum