MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)

3 posters

Go down

Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  Empty Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)

Post by Storm Sky Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Base Ability: Back in Nom: Plants that Storm creates put out hallucinogenic spores within a 20 feet of themselves. If someone inhaled them, they are susceptible to Storm causing them to have hallucinations. Hallucinations are a product of Storm using his illusory abilities through spores, creating plant based delusions that only the person afflicted by this can see. These delusions are counted as plant element but not illusion when used in this fashion. Because they are hallucinations, they cannot be dispelled by striking at them, for they are a product of the mind. Storm is not immune to the spores.
Base Ability cooldown: N/A

Tier One
1st Skill: Mind manipulation Tier 1: Storm makes his or any "Shadow crafted entities" spells, projectiles, and/or body(s) seem closer or further away then they truly are. Limit is up to 10 feet away from the actual spell or projectile per character tier (50 feet). Cooldown: 2 posts
2nd Skill: "Blink" 182: Storm can "blink" anywhere he chooses, instantly putting him where he wants to be. 5 post cooldown.
3rd Skill: Power Sensory: Storm can, by simply looking, tell what primary elements someone has, and their character tier.
4th Skill: Illusive healing: Storm can control how much pain his body feels.
5th Skill: Power Mask: Storm can mask his own character tier, making it seem he is much weaker than he really is

Tier Two
1st Skill: Back in Nov volume 2: Hallucinations can now cause damage. The damage they deal is based on what the hallucination is copying. For example, a mimicked illusion spell that didn't cause damage before now causes damage based on what it was mimicking. This is mental damage, and when a person is cured of the spores, the mental does not go away, but it doesn't count towards physical damage. Their "Mental Endurance" is their highest skill based stat (Magic or Synth), and that is treated as endurance in the hallucination. Instead of being K.O'd they would fall into a deep sleep, meaning they wouldn't wake on their own accord, instead would have to have another do so.
2nd Skill: Mind manipulation tier 2: Storm can stop a person from seeing the Hallucinations for however long he sees fit, but once he resumes the hallucinations, everything is back, relative to where they were to the person seeing them. IE if a shadow clone was 1 foot in front of them, then the hallucination was stopped, they walked 3 feet and it was resumed, the shadow clone would still be 1 foot in front of them. While stopped, duration's of abilities do not decrease.
3rd Skill:  Rear vision: Storm now has 360 degree vision
4th Skill: Magic Master: All of Storms cooldowns are reduced by 1 post per every other character tier (so 3 posts). This cannot reduce the cooldown past 1

Tier Three
1st Skill: Illusion master: Storms spell/abilities cost reduced by 25mp per character tier (100mp)
2nd Skill: Burning Man: Storm now has access to Fire as a primary element.
3rd Skill: Back in Nom volume 3: Anyone who has inhaled the spores all see and interact in the same hallucination. That being said, not everyone takes damage from the hallucinations as stating in volume 2, just the one that the "damaging" ability was interacting with. Storm can choose to see and interact with hallucinations others are having with his minds eye, or can choose to see reality. Storm is the only one who would automatically know that he was in a hallucination instead of reality.

Tier Fourth
1st Skill:Mind Manipulation Tier 4:  Storm can now, in close quarters combat, make it seem that the attacks are coming from different directions, such as slashes that are diagonal seem and look as if he was slashing horizontally, etc.
2nd Skill: Time Wizard: Storm now has access to time as a primal element.

Tier Five
1st Skill: Plant manipulation: This gives Storm the ability to control everything about plants, IE where they grow, how fast they grow, how they grow, and can even control them with acute precision. When Plants are burned, the spores range is doubled. Also, now the "Mental Endurance" stat is based on their lowest Skill based stat (Magic, Synth) and that number becomes their "Mental Endurance" stat.

P.S Typed on phone, so please forgive spelling/grammar errors

Last edited by Storm Sky on Mon May 23, 2016 5:49 am; edited 10 times in total
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Directory : My Profile

Back to top Go down

Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  Empty Re: Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)

Post by Harlow Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Your base ability should not solely be a description for a tree. It should have a clearly defined effect.

1) We no longer allow percentages. You will have to use solid numbers.
2) Some abilities may scale with your tier.

Here are some following examples, and general knowledge to help you reconstruct this tree appropriately.

Buffs

• At T1, abilities may only give slight increases, unless conditional. When conditional, they may give moderate increases.
  • At T2, abilities may only give moderate increases, regardless of conditions.
  • At T3, abilities may only give severe increases, regardless of conditions.
  • At T4, abilities may only give extreme increases, regardless of conditions.
  • At T5, I'm unsure what the term is, but it likely eclipses extreme, but would, generally, be a waste of this slot.

Cost Reduction

• At T1, you may reduce the cost of magic by 5 MP, per your character tier.
  • At T2, you may reduce the cost of magic by 10 MP, per your character tier.
  • At T3, you may reduce the cost of magic by 15 MP, per your character tier.
  • At T4, you may reduce the cost of magic by 20 MP, per your character tier.
  • At T5, you may reduce the cost of magic by 25 MP, per your character tier.

Another example of scaling would be your T1 Mind Manipulation: Storm's abilities may look closer or farther by 10 feet, per his character tier. This solely benefits you.

However, as I continue down the tree, I feel you should refresh yourself with the rules, and walkthrough, as they've changed dramatically since you've originally joined. And it is not my duty to hold your hand and explain the basics, when they've been clearly outlined. However, if you have any questions, I'm more than willing to answer, as there are a plethora of possibilities you may explore that have not yet been traversed.

I'd also suggest you look at other skill trees, in order to understand their power and scope, but that isn't required. Should be curious, let me know, and I'll PM you a list to look at.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)  Empty Re: Storms mind manipulation skill tree (removed)

Post by Storm Sky Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Well then you should tell me what's wrong with it, that is part of an approval topic, not to pm it. Tell me what I'm breaking in the approval topic please.

With that being said, edited.
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm

Since you're on mobile to make it less overwhelming, I'm going to handle this one tier at a time.

Your base ability still needs to be an ability.

T1

• Mind Manipulation: You may make this 10 feet per character tier.
  • Heart of the Dragon: Emotions aren't valid triggers for competitive. You can edit it make it either every time you are damaged, you gain this buff, or every time you deal damage, you gain this buff. Also, clarify that you gain a moderate boost.
  • Illusive Healing: You can make this a passive ability that allows you to control the amount of pain your body feels.
  • Chosen Power: I'd suggest, passively, every time you cast a spell, your spells, regardless of element, gain a moderate boost to their effectiveness.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Edited
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:43 pm

You still need a base ability. An actual ability. Not a description.

Before moving on, for Illusive healing, are you sure you do not want to passively, and completely, control the amount of pain you feel at any one moment? You don't need to change it, I'm just confirming your preference.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Okay apparently I'm not grasping what you are trying to say. And, that's what I'm saying.
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:47 pm

A base ability is like any other skill on the tree. It ranges around T3~ in power, although can be stronger depending on the ability itself.

Well, you have a cool-down, where with my suggestion you'd be able to passively, with no limits, control how much you pain feel at any given time. This means you can numb pain slightly, or entirely. Opposed to your current ability, which temporarily turns it off, and then it returns.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm

edited
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Bump
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Base Ability: Do you target an individual, or is this an area of effect? If it's the former, does it only work the post you afflict them, or is there an extension duration?

As of recent jurisdiction, we've decided people may invest as much as they want in mana cost reduction, however, they will never be able to make reduce a spell to less than half its original cost. You do not need to change anything, just keep this in mind when reducing abilities.

By investing three skills in pain reduction, you're severely crippling yourself. You can have one ability at T1 that says, "Through illusion, Storm may control the amount of pain his body feels." This would not have a threshold, and, with the T1 ability, you would be able to completely numb yourself of all pain.

Edit: We've decided that due to the half reduction ruling, you may make it a 20 MP reduction per tier at T1, 40 at T2, 60, at T3, etc.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 pm

edited
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

So, the general perception I have of the ability is that it just makes them think that they are in the path of the ability they've used, but it doesn't necessarily place them there. This does some more like a Tier One ability, and I'm not sure what would be a suitable replacement for you.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:38 pm

How it is is how it was intended.
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:00 pm

If you have no desire to change it, I'll not push the matter. If you should need to change this let me know.

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:06 pm

bump
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 pm

It should be noted that things such as Heartless, Programs, and Dream Eaters do not breath and thus would not be susceptible the negative effects of spores. While this is not poison, I will regard this as being a negative effect.

Please note that for dealing damage- does this inflict KO status? Knock Out represents a period of physical vulnerability, but their physical health does not deplete. So instead, what happens? Are they forced asleep, or do they fall faint? What is the vision here?

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Sky Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

edited
Storm Sky
Storm Sky
Death's Balance

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm

Approved

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down