MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] Empty SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY]

Post by D10 Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:02 am

Clank, grind, spark, clank, clank, clank. Tick. Tock. The gears turn and the clock corresponds, every micro-movement reacted to instantaneously. This clock moved quickly, as not only was it counting down the remaining days but it also counted down when a timed breaching charge was to infiltrate a large carrier ship. It was jetting along the empty space, far from the reaches of civilization. Bandits were common among the parts, and were far from greenhorns to the jacking business. Except they were when it came to the cargo on board. Once the ship was breached, the pilot triggered the deck to depart and detach from the ship, leaving the cargo floating with the bandits on board. This segment became an assault ship and jettisoned away.

This was a month ago.

Resuming to the present, talks of cargo being left and disappearing bandit regulars from a black market-space inn/tavern mix had bred rumors. What were these cargo-runners holding in their ships and leaving behind? The market bustled and the bars rustled, noise everywhere and all of it about the missing bandits. Beings of all kinds, structures and manners communicated as if this was their own little planet. This Market was known as SOL-44, the 44th of its kind within the Sea of Skies. Many SOL stations were like it, but the black market was unrivaled by the other stations. Within the station was a snow-haired boy, robed heavily and accompanied by a robbed Hek. The black figure of no detail made sure he was masked, only equip with a pair of knuckledusters. D10 hung his Datadisc on his side, watching out for anyone taking the risk of pursuing him. The duo walked among the crowd, unnoticed despite his unusual appearance. The beauty of SOL-44 was that unusual things were the usual. The isoloid was on the hunt for a few key ingredients and a man,

This man was a dealer that had sold him bad parts while knowing a bit too much about him. D10 needed to know more about his creator and the original Isoloid. D1 was still a very real threat. Hek turned his head to his master, speaking regardless of the lack of mouth. "Ten, what are we looking for?" D10 looked back at his Ally, his eyes full of naivety and curiosity. "I don't know, really. I see grotesque, gross, grueling goblins greeting each other. Looking for less abomination, more humanoid nation. The man was trollish at worst, human at best. Or is it the other way around..." He scratched his chin, sharply turning his head to the sound of a brawl coming from the closest modular bar. A large pig-like man used his beefy arm to grasp a purple, scrawny man with many folds in his skin. His hand became armored by his suit, allowing him to repulse the purple man into the wall. Hek was wary, watching the pigman stumble into the hallway, tremors accompanying each step. Spitting on the purple man, the pigman called over his boys. "LOOKS LIKE WE GOT OURSELVES A TECCHIE IN THESE HERE PARTS! Come on boys, come take yer share!"

And with that, D10 vanished. Hek sighed, preparing himself to face the pigman who was stunned by the boy's sudden disappearance. A very tall, squid-like being slithered around the pigman's left and a cowboy-themed, trollish man was on his right. Looking at the trio, Hek awaited any sort of command and just stood there still. The pigman approached him menacingly, lifting his arm and bashing the side of Hek's head. The figure spun throughout the bazaar main hall, knocking down many a grotesque alien and landing in a food stand. Standing up, he did not respond as all the angry faces turned to the troublemakers. Walking away, D10 resumed his presence alongside Hek. "That was interesting, but we really should find those parts first." Hek scoffed, "We really should find out who that man is." And you really shouldn't forget I'm here. D10 shuddered at the sound of Occam ringing through his ears. When they finally entered a junker/tech bazaar zone, D10 knew to make note. "No worries. I won't forget."

Last edited by D10 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY] Empty Re: SOL-44 [INVITE ONLY]

Post by Changeling Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:04 am

*CRASH!*

The sound of bursting metal and shattering glass had people turning their heads towards a beaten-down cyborg. A quarter of his head was mechanical with the classical red eye scope while his left arm and the lower part of his right legs were only stubs where the replacement arms once were before being ripped off in his flight towards the outside of his dwelling. He was alive, but all the air from his lungs were knocked right out.

Tracing his path of entry, the bystanders saw a trio walking out. The one in front had a full-faced helmet on with red scopes and indicator lights. Behind him on his flanks were two women. One had green eyes and was wearing her blond hair in a pony tail while donning a business attire with a red tie and red glasses. The other had bluish-grey eyes and was wearing a coat with white fluffs on the collar. Additionally, she had an old-fashioned sniper rifle slung on her shoulders.

The first two people were new faces to the scene, but they knew their way around a black market, and were no strangers on how to act. However the last one, she was known pretty well around those parts. Her name was Nastasha. She was a captain of her own ship. A pirate. She was tough, and extremely dangerous. Rumor has it that her crew was wiped out, so it only seemed natural to the bystanders to think this was the start of her new crew, but that was far from the truth. It was his crew. Even though he was new around those parts, he knew how to make people think twice about getting in his way. As demonstrated by him through shooting a bandit that raised a gun a little too close to their direction.

"I'll ask again," Zulu said, crouching in front of the man they had just thrown through a wall. "Where is the capsule? You know this lady with the white hair, right? Well she tells me that someone stole from the wreckage of her ship. And we found your prints on the case holding the capsule. Now this points to you as the main culprit. Where is it?" The battered man was cowering in fear, attempting to buy himself out of the situation. No dice. Zulu patiently waited for a proper answer while slowly crushing the man's other arm with a progressively tighter grip.

"Was he always this friendly during black market negotiations?" Nastasha asked Rose, who simply shrugged.

"No. He was way worse. Trust me. He knows how to break the toughest nut. If this goes on, you might just see one of his methods." Their conversation was in part to instill fear while warning the poor sap of his fate should he not cooperate. And it was clearly getting to him. It won't be long until he breaks down.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Loud noises from not-so-far away alerted Hek, who gripped his fists in reaction as he looked in the direction of wherever the sound came from. Behind the two, the trio harassing the purple man had been executed in public by a few angry bounty hunters. Relieved by this, Hek noticed his master was already gone. "Oh dear, master Ten is already getting himself in trouble." Meanwhile, D10 walked with his hands in his pocket, hood up and dodging the odd structures populating the bazaar. Parts flung as people fought but what he was more interested in was the larger commotion attracting the many eyes of people, some actually having many eyes. For a few people, he turned invisible and actually slipped through everyone. Hek had to struggle pushing his way through without angering anyone, ready to fight if need be. When Hek finally stood next to his master, he whispered over at the isoloid.

"Can you please slow down, Young Master?" D10 blinked at Hek, uncloaking and shrugging as they watched the trio interrogate a man. D10 once again vanished, shifting through the world around him and flying a bit up to view the scene from above. He was completely obscured from all forms of detection, as if he was a ghost. Forming a sitting position, Hek tried signalling him to come down. From deep within D10, Occam chuckled in his prison cell, intrigued by the scene below. Well, isn't this interesting. Don't be too hasty with your touch, Ezekiel. I don't think they are as ignorant as others when it comes to these matters. I know, Occam. But I just...I want to know. I want to see what they see. So many eyes, and I want to look through them all. D10 had to resist approaching, which he did. For a few seconds. Landing near the trio, he made his presence known and lifted a hand for an awkward greeting.

"Hi, I heard you had something stolen? Mister, it's not good to take things, you really should tell them." Hek broke free from the crowd and was ready to enter a fit but maintained his calm. D10's eyes switched from their green to white, and a stronger presence made himself known. This was the intrigue of Occam taking over, switching to a more imposing figure. "If you need the information, I can readily and easily help you." Hek felt a bit of a panic as he noticed who it was. A rod extended from the outstretched palm of Occam, forming a 2-meter pike. A cube was inserted into the rod, known to D10 and crew as the LTM, a leeching module that would deal even more pain to the man. Occam commanded the Combat Aegis to mask his body, blue threads lighting it up and illuminating him through the robe. MEM Active. LTM Active. I like this, Ten. You do good work.

"I think we have a similar goal in mind here."

Alpha, ETA on control?
I cannot estimate sir.
Alpha, you can't let him be reckless like this.
Sir, weren't you just trying to do the same thing.
But I...I didn't want to show them my toys! They're mine!
So childish. If we have an issue, I'll make my exit. Hek can help deal with the escape.
So inconsiderate. Hek is one person!
Not even. He's your puppet and you don't like your toys shared or broken. Selfish.
...You're right.
Thought so.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:48 am

A growl of annoyance escaped the interrogator as someone casually went up to them, sticking their nose into other people's business. A loud crunch could be heard and the cyborg was screaming out of pain as the bone in his arm turned to powder. Rose put up an invisible, yet impenetrable (even to those who are intangible) bubble around them, excluding the one who claimed to want to help. This was not his business to get mixed up in. And she knew that if he touches one hair on their target, Zulu would have killed him where he stood.

The spatial bubble was as much for his safety and for their workspace peace. But the interruption had spoiled it for Zulu, unfortunately for their target. "Nyx," he said, standing up, leaving the target to look up at him questioningly as horror was laced in his eyes. A blob of dark matter trailed down Zulu's arm. It looked sickly as the tendrils twisted together to merge into a featureless face with a gaping mouth.

"About time..." it hissed. It's tongue shot out and pierced the downed cyborg in the head. For the time being, he was alive, yet paralyzed. Nyx had integrated herself to the man and accessed all his memories until she found what she was looking for and passed the knowledge over to Zulu. Nyx released her grasp and sent another tendril to pierce the chest. There was no blood this time, but when she retracted her tentacle, the tip was wrapped around a jewel-like construct, shining a dim light. It was the man's heart, and she consumed it as would any other heartless. She retreated after having her fill, back into Zulu's being.

Zulu turned to Nastasha and gave her a nod to begin disposing of the body. No one could know what the corpse knew. It was suddenly frozen as if it were left in the snow for days. Ice crystals formed around it before it suddenly vanished from sight, sent to a place where no one would find it. Even if someone were to stumble upon it, with how low Nastasha set the temperature, the brain would have been too damaged to have anything recovered.

This was when Zulu turned to the rude individual who ruined their session and glared. "Stay out of our business. Your 'help' is not needed, so move along."

With the body gone, Rose disabled the forcefield and the three of them reentered the building where their victim was thrown out of.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:38 am

Occam shook his head in distaste and disappointment, with Hek walking up to him and poking his shoulder. Occam shot the artificial a look and took a step forward before the trio were to enter the place from before. Hek gripped the isoloid's body tightly, realizing that if his master wasn't in control the person controlling the body was not his master. A loophole. "I suggest we make ourselves scarce and hidden, Occam. I am designed to protect Ten. Not you." Occam huffed in a fit, storming off before becoming invisible. When he eventually relocated himself in the open market, D10 suddenly took lead. "You really shouldn't be so assertive." And your curiosity is more safe? D10 viewed a core of some sort, turning it about and leaning to listen to its inner workings. "No, but," D10 made the core shrink and slipped it into his inner coat pocket when no one was looking, "I do think that you were too prepared to show off our stuff. My stuff." 'Stuff' such a stupid word. Come on, find the parts. We do need to blow a hole in that safe of his.

D10 kept looking around and pick-pocketing things, shrinking them with his abilities and stuffing them in his pocket. Occasionally he'd turn around as he walked and phased through a few rushing customers. Whistling, he would feel something grip his hood and toss him away into an empty store room connected to the open market. Tumbling, D10 stabbed his spear into the ground to stop his momentum. A huge, burly figure would clamor in with two others. It was the pigman and his crew, and they were not happy. "Oh. An abandoned store. And no one looking. And we're alone. And I don't have to hide, do I?" "Shut the hell up you tech-scum! I'm gun knock the word out'cher mouth!" The pigman lunged at the isoloid, who simply phased to the side and tapped the pigman, making him vanish. Looking in terror, D10 shifted over to the other two and did the same. Tap. Tap. Vanish. Little would the residents of SOL-44 know, they were floating in space. Breathless. And soon...

Lifeless.

D10 exited the store to hunt down the last part he needed and saw Hek waiting with his arms crossed. As they walked around the bazaar, they had almost all the parts they needed for their bomb, in fact enough for two. Except both were missing a critical piece and that was an energy source for the core. Stumbling around like blind and clueless dogs, the two eventually passed the area they found the trio cautiously. Peering to his left, he saw a black-clad man smoking with his own prosthetics. Panic. Panic wasn't programmed into him, but it just coursed through his cadaver. D10 saw Weiss. But in that moment, the black-clad man disappeared. Hek didn't notice, but saw the genuine human emotion being revived within the body-ISO mixture. It vanished as soon as D10 became aware of it.

The two artificials were silent until they came upon the bazaar's tavern, the Creaky Gear. It had a vintage Neon sign with flickering letters. D10 looked up at the sign with his visor-concealed face, illuminated by its tracings. Hek kept his lack of features hidden, looking left and right. "So you really want to do it this way." D10 sighed and shrugged. "We're going to blow a big hole wide open and I don't think this will be on our list of concerns. Comparably." D10 walked into the tavern, viewing all the drunken beings of different origins. All had unique and varying intricacies in their biological design. But one in particular was what D10 needed. An Anglerfish-like being with two large bulbs of energy connected to danging antennae. Grabbing the fishman, he thrusted him to the ground, grabbed the bulbs, and tore them out. Immediately he went invisible and flowed through space into retreat. When everyone looked, they saw a seizure-struck fishman painfully dying.

Screams disrupted the nearby portion of the bazaar, the duo walking away. Gradually D10 removed pieces he collected and expanded their size. Assembling and warping together an explosive device, he shrunk it once it finished. It had a slot for the power source to be inserted, which meant that as soon as it received power it would prime. Once both were hidden and prepared, the duo headed for the bazaar's exit into SOL-44 main hall. Weiss' office was located twenty floors above them, and those below that were about to be disconnected from those above.

Meanwhile, somewhere in those upper floors lurked a predator unbeknownst to the people below. If D10 didn't jettison the bottom portion, those predators would tear all these people apart. Despite their awfulness...well actually that's a pretty good reason to kill them. But D10 wasn't trying to be radical, he was trying to preserve SOL-44's resources. Besides, the bottom floors especially had something he needed that he knew Weiss also wanted but couldn't have.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:33 am

"The capsule. Our... friend extracted its location, correct?" Nastasha asked suspiciously. That... thing seemed like a parasite, and if it did have that power... well, she wasn't so sure the man in front of her was the same man she knew all those years ago. Sure he acted like it, but... what if it was all that thing's disguise? What if he was already dead and this parasite was simply emulating him? There was no sure way about it. But...

"Yes. And it's well hidden behind this panel," the nanosoldier said as he tore a section of the metal wall off like it was made of paper. Sure enough, it lead to a hidden stairway going down.

Rose peered down the dimly lit basement. "I was beginning to wonder where the secrets were. I don't sense anyone down there, but we should still be careful."

Heeding her suggestion, Zulu made his way down with his gun raised and pointed towards areas most likely to be filled with surprises. Fortunately there was nothing like that. The basement was well kept. The lack of dust on any of the crates suggested that this was quite a busy outpost in the black market. Though it was surprisingly large, the sheer amount of crates and other containers made the room feel a little claustrophobic. "This is the capsule?"

"Yes, that's it."

On one of the shelves laid a rounded rectangular container. Just as thick as a briefcase, but about thrice as long. "Please, allow me." Nastasha pressed a hidden switch on the side, revealing a touch displace on the top panel. She entered a sequence and a beep was heard. Shortly after, the locks snapped sharply. Nastasha looked at Zulu and stepped to the side, saying, "It is all yours."

Zulu opened the container and halted abruptly at what he saw inside.

"Something wrong?" Rose looked over and scrutinized a disassembled katana. To be honest, it would be most accurately described as... completely shattered. From the looks of it, the katana was around the same tech level as Forge's standard a decade ago. There were plenty of missing pieces, but she recognized this weapon anywhere. This was the weapon Roy took with him when he broke free from the mind control chip.

"Where did you find this?"

"I told you I was a huge fan back when you first entered the mercenary business, though I already knew much about you before the whole turning into a cyborg thing."

"I never knew people looked that far back."

"Most never do. Then again, no one gave the Unaffiliated a second glance."

"So you collected the pieces after that incident with Xenon's pet? Quite the stalker, aren't you?" Rose butt in, nudging the other female.

"You'd have to be to hit your mark~"

"So that's how you roll, hmm?"

"Of course."

"OKAY! Let's get this off to HQ before you two start kissing." Zulu dropped a spider mine on the container, and the targeted retrieval system in their newly 'acquired' ship beamed it up for them. They would have taken the same system to return, but there was concern about its reliability after seeing the damage reports stashed in the captain's quarters.

"Shall we be off, or would you two like to stay in the station for a bit more?"

"We'll scout out this location for anything we might need, then we're off before we overstay our welcome. After that, you're taking us on a tour."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 pm

The isoloid wandered around, looking for a staircase of some sort, Hek in tow. Eventually they stumbled upon a strong door, D10 spinning around before tapping Hek on the shoulder. "Hey...Punch it." Hek turned to D10, and if he had a face he'd be looking at his master like he was stupid. "I have to obey, but are you REALLY sure you want this?" D10 nodded without hesitation. Hek hesitated, fidgeted, and slowly approached the door. Bouncing a bit, he built up a bit of adrenaline. "You better be ready to run." Hek readied his fist, but turned to D10. "Wait, why don't you just walk through it?" "But then I'll have to go alone! I mean, there could be a switch...But..." Hek sighed, crossing his arms. He signaled to the door and D10 trudged on over.

D10 phased through the door, cloaked. He noticed it was a mix between a quarters with multiple doors and the room holding the security staircase. Turning around, he saw the pad purposed for the door security. Flying around the quarters, he noticed a few guards lounging around, waiting for something of note to happen. The artificial boy wanted to chuckle at the fact that he was about to give them something to do. Returning to Hek, he peeked through the door. "Hey, there is NO ONE in here, break down the door." He proceeded to fly off and go up the stairs. Hek felt stressed, seeing as he couldn't actually sigh. Stretching, he wound his fist back, slamming it into the door and causing it to severely dent. It alerted the lounging guards, who armed themselves with their rifles. Another fist slammed against the door and its placement was extremely stressed. Another slam, another one. His Khaled-punches eventually loosened the door.

Little did Hek know, there was at least six guards on the other side. Gripping  the door, squeezing it to bend the metal, Hek tore it from its hinges and tossed it. Uncaring of the civilians behind him, he incidentally squashed a group of frail insect-like beings. One of them was a spider-person. Those spider people never die though, so it crawled out from under it and ran away. Suddenly, a torrent of bullets tore away at Hek's cloak. Once the cloak was shredded, the featureless figure that was Hek had been revealed. The guards kept shooting, but eventually stopped, noticing their bullets didn't do much. Switching to electrified ammunition, Hek was already closing the distance. He drop kicked one guard into the other, sending both of them slamming into a wall, causing quite the rumble.

The other guards backed up, looking at the ruthless figure walk to them. Shifting to the side, he dodged the terribly-aimed shots before gripping up two of the guards and slowly crushing their throats. Being shot by electrified ammunition just tightened his grip. Once he let go, Hek turned to the remaining guard shooting at him. Meanwhile D10 was already ascending the floors, watching guards run through him. Curious as to what as going on, he felt and heard a quite audible rumble and bang. Once he was a few floors up, he began snooping around and touching things to extract information from them. Walking up to a door, he placed a hand on it and flashes of people zooming through the now-abandoned area flickered through his eyes. Eventually, Weiss would pop up in the center of it all. A shroud of darkness grew in this slideshow and the people began to disappear. This door was to the office of a hard-working office man keeping SOL-44 pure. That was only a fragment. Walking through the office-like area, he found another door and touched it. A similar image flashed through his had, except this office belonged to a well-off daughter of a mercenary leader.

The daughter was in a management position in this area and used her seduction and manipulation to get her way. Weiss had a hand in her before her eventual...termination. That was also just a fragment. As D10 walked by, the image began gaining more and more details. The burden of his power was this, the influx of information. Door to door, the isoloid learned more about the people that once roamed this area. Just this small area alone had so much. Solemn-feeling, D10 stumbled before colliding his back against a wall. Sliding down, he shuddered with a look at his hands. Terrifying isn't it? The thought of knowing. The constant traffick of knowledge gifted to you. This man...did something. The dark presence that consumed those within...there is a reason it is barren. Ten, you have to push forward. I know you see them. I know you see their death. "But...isn't this was it amounts to? Separated from the worlds we all die eventually. Separated, isolated, consumed by the darkness another brings into our lives." You're right...but we aren't the same kind of being as these frail beings. We are evolved. We are more.

D10 eventually lifted his body back up, hesitantly walking down a hall leading to a door. Once he opened it, he came upon a staircase. Once he followed it, he found yet another strong door. This one had the words QUARANTINE across it, prompting the snow-haired boy to touch it. What he saw was terrifying, but he knew he had to finish what he started. Slowly treading through what seemed to be ravaged area, he had to turn on his CCMKIV's illuminating vision. The area, to the naked eye, was shadowed and dimly lit by the red emergency lights. Sparks came from the walls with loose wires dangling. A few walls had gaping holes in them. From what, the isoloid had yet to discover. But what he did see was images of one...no...several lurking creatures shredding away at those who once roamed. Turning his head, he saw a room entirely caked in blood and dried bones and flesh.

Taking one of the bombs, he put it into a small corner, adjusting it so the power would be given after a given amount of time. Flying as fast he could, rumbles and shakes and clatter alarmed the isoloid. He tried finding anything but doors leading to gruesome death by a creature that's features wouldn't come into full detail. Things must have been shrouded before the creatures were released. Coming upon a tightly sealed elevator shaft, he phased through it. Learning that this shaft was meant to access all floors, but that this floor was sealed off and reinforcements were applied to secure it. The real question was, where was the creatures that terrorized this floor? Planting his second bomb on the door of the elevator shaft, he let himself drop. Triggering both, an all-consuming explosion released a neon-colored energy that eradicated the matter that made up the floor. Knowing Weiss wasn't on the higher floors, he would be trapped with the civilians now that the explosion tore SOL-44 in half. Flowing through space, not subject to the torrential winds,

When he returned to Hek, the whole room he was in was banged up and the blood of the guards smeared against the walls. Some of it oozed down. Bodies and parts were spread around Hek, who simply sat and awaited his master to return with the head of a guard in his lap. Hek sat in a meditative position, turning his head to D10. His featureless face, that of a plain mannequin, locked views with his master. "I've eliminated the threat, master. You didn't need to lie to me." This Hek was much more apathetic, likely one of the underlying features D5 used to build him. It was cryptic, especially since Hek was based off of D1. D10 immediately shrouded himself to avoid people looking in terror. Hek looked at the crowd, no body language to express emotion. But soon after, everyone would be too distracted by a warning ringing throughout the station about critical damage putting things into a critical state.

A figure in the background simply stayed calm and smoked, looking in D10's direction. A crowd of terrified aliens of all proportions ran by and he disappeared. Weiss was not happy.  "Hek, we need to get out of here. But I can't be seen with you." Hek nodded, the isoloid disappearing into the crowd in his unarmored state. trying to find the docking bay where the ships were held. As he passed through the crowd, images of these beings with families they have to support or the cruel crimes they committed or how they have to do bad things to do what was necessary for them and their family. It was black and white and grey and all the colors that mix to make these shades.When he approached the entrance, D10 turned back, wondering if he should leave Hek behind. Something that surfaced was...how much he reminded him about what D5 told him. D1 was a monster...so was Hek, too, a monster?
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:00 am

A set of blueprints, some black market weaponry, a few contraband 'performance enhancers', and some funds. Just a few of the things the trio took while scrounging the storage area. Nastasha expressed her surprise on the lack of material, saying that sites like these often held so much more. Someone must have been busy buying from the man they just froze and sent to space. She wasn't worried about it though. This sort of thing happens everyday in these hellholes. And she would know, she has taken part of a number of 'raids' but witnessed even more from a distance with her scope. It had become her entertainment.

Having taken everything worth a space in their ship, the three decided to take to the streets and see the station. With the white-haired sniper being their guide, they were introduced to a number of people they could talk to if they ever needed any extra hands or weapons. People she trusts enough that is. Zulu reciprocated. This was the way to make connections, to build a bridge of certainty between two parties that may eventually find themselves wanting to kill each other, not necessarily because they hate each other. But that was the life of a mercenary whose loyalty belongs to the highest bidder.

Somewhere far off, they could hear a fight, but paid it no mind. Just for fun, Rosetta located the source of the disturbance and sensed that a number of people belonging to a single side was getting shut off rapidly. She reported this when they reached a low point in the tour, usually while they were relocating. At first, she was uneasy being around so many strange creatures. It's true that Haven had a lot of strange beings, but these aliens were... grabbing so much more of her attention. The fight she was tracking was but a tiny distraction.

Suddenly, a loud explosion was heard and the whole station shook. "It looks like someone separated us from the top."

"Judging from the panic, I think it's time we took our leave."

"Agreed."

"Yes. The rumors of abominations built for mindless murder is not one I'd like to confirm right now."

The three made their way to the shipyard and entered their ship. It was medium sized, a fair balance between a craft built for dogfights, and one for shipment. Plenty of space for a squadron and supplies. Felt rather empty. Nastasha took command of the pilot's seat while Rosetta kept an eye on the radars, air traffic and surveillance. Zulu on the other hand directly integrated himself into the ship, taking his seat and interfacing with the machine. He didn't wrench away any control from Nastasha or awareness from Rosetta, but he made sure nothing was wrong with the ship. Zulu gave the all clear and soon they were off.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 am

Unable to find his ship, probably due to someone stealing it, D10 boarded a random ship. Little did he know, this ship belonged to the trio from before that attracted so much attention. As he was ready to take the pilot seat, D10 could hear voices nearing the ship. He instantly resumed his invisible state, Thankfully, his cloak masked his entire physical presence so they wouldn't be able to hear him and his worried panting. He wondered if Hek was going to follow suit, but he was seemingly busy. Back where Hek sat, he became surrounded by guards. The artificial being danced around, tearing off one guard's arm and knocking out another with it before fluently switching to a handstand and spinning his legs to strike the midsection of several guards around him. Going along with the momentum, Hek would bring his legs together to swing like a pendulum and fling himself into a spinning position in the air. Descending upon a heavily armored, grotesque guard, he planted both his feet and broke the guard's back, giving them a right angle in their body.

Hek turned to look in the direction D10 left, feeling something sting him with electricity. Looking down, he looked back at the source and grabbed the young guard by the throat. Walking with the guard in his hand, he saw all the people running as rumbles throughout the ship told of something other than the ship descending. Looking down a nearly empty hall, a man dressed in black with cybernetic limbs could be seen smoking. "Weiss." Hek spoke, while he had no features sound still exuded and rung throughout. The guard looked down at Hek, clawing at the figure's hand. "No, please...no...D-don't do this!" Snap. Dropping the now-limp body, Hek brandished his knuckle dusters. Almost instantly he was upon Weiss, with the floor underneath where he originally was now being dented from the force of his acceleration.

Weiss waved a hand and the metal tore from the ground, forming a shield. Hek slammed both his fists on the shield of metal, forcing it into Weiss and pinning him on the ground. The metal shield tore in half and was forced left and right. Weiss stood up and brushed himself off. "Ah, well, I see how this is going to be. You decided to ruin my suit." Pointing a finger at Hek, several gears and trinkets behind the artificial being wound together and formed a large, crude, cyberpunk ballista of sorts. A metal rod was loaded, and the black-haired villain just sidestepped the shot that impaled Hek, pinning the figure to the ground. Hek squeezed the rod, tearing part of it off to free himself and then removing the rod from his body. The hole would seal up easily, allowing him to continue on. "It is my prime directive to finish you Weiss." Weiss, frustrated by the figure's resilience and not knowing why for once, opened up a portal of darkness.

"It will need to be for another time, slave of the Dataloids. Another time." Hek tried chasing the man, but he had already vanished and the portal closed. Hek moved to the docking bay, but D10 was nowhere in site. Likely the ship he boarded had already taken off. Though, as soon as Zulu's ship would take off, if one were to look behind them the upper half of the station would show grotesque, varying beings all with multiple tentacle-like appendages that would simply swim through space. One would even come for the ship. Thankfully and sadly at the same time, this was not the worst of what was on that station. The beings would be the size of a very large gummi ship, and their bodies released a corrosive gas that would float in space, eating away at the station and bit by bit destroying it.

D10 would eavesdrop on the conversation happening around him, knowing that he could not be discovered so easily. But he really meant no harm, though the voice within was a bit more hostile. Oh dear, not them again. Be careful Ten, I know you could likely take them out but you never know. They are very dangerous, you can tell just by what they did to that shopkeeper. I know, Occam. I know.

Last edited by D10 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:16 pm

"Yeah. Those abominations? I think they're confirmed!" Rose reported, bringing up a feed from behind them on the big screen. There were some monstrous beings wiggling their way in space, and they didn't look like they'd make great pets. A number went for them, but the shields held up nicely. But the bounty of these things though. Zulu was sure that a certain girl may want some time alone with these things, see what makes them tick.

"'Tasha, open the weapon hatches. Shoot them down, Rose. If we can, we'll bag a few and forward it to our contracts."

"You were always the opportunist. Very well, weapons primed. Try to keep casualties minimum. Some of those people still owe me money."

"Roger that."

As Rose switched over to the weapon controls and fired upon the incoming creatures, Zulu checked the ship's logs from when they were on the station. And he wasn't happy with what he found. He delved deep into the mainframe to trace the pressure of the intruder's feet as he walked around the ship. But about the same time they neared their craft, the intruder disappeared. He was last spotted in this very room.

Behind the ship, the abominations kept following the ship, leading them to a fiery end via powerful lasers and good old fashioned bullets. The rear weapons, at the rate they were firing without stopping, would have melted them by the minute mark, but thanks to Nastasha's powers, it was like they never even fired.

"Rose, how are those squids doing?"

"Took down three so far. More are coming."

"They're thinning out. I think we're almost good to begin extraction."

"Understood. Prepping stasis pods."

Zulu acted as if nothing was wrong, but he didn't like the idea of stowaways on his ship. They would have to be dealt with after they get their prizes.

I cannot sense this intruder now, but as we approached this ship, his heart was that of the boy who interrupted our... interrogation.

And you didn't tell me before we boarded?

I saw no reason to.

That is fine. We'll see if we can't use him somehow.

And if we can't?

You can have his heart.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:21 am

Afraid of the supposed beasts tormenting the space and clawing at escaping ships and pods, D10 was relieved to hear that the ship he had boarded had been taking them down. He leaned against the wall, remaining in his intangible and concealed state. He didn't know how they'd react if he had revealed himself. Looking to the end of the ship, he had wondered if the satellite outpost still had Hek within its walls. The re-imagining of D1, Project Hecatonkheies. An all-consuming, heartless creature who would kill on command. Maybe it was D10's fault that the figure had resorted to such monstrous force, but regardless had a language about him that his body spoke. Him? It. Him. D10 couldn't decide, the thing was a monster. But wasn't D10 equally monstrous? A leech of knowledge. A leech and molester of privacy.

D10 felt the ship, flashes of the soldiers going through his head but only giving the concrete knowledge of the security system knowing he is, or was there. They likely suspect he is still in the ship with him, but his cloak kept him safe so far. As the torrent of monstrous creatures lessened, there was a sudden explosion from the space station that released heavy waves of them. In fact, the bodies of those that remained had parasites floating out of them. They would infect other ships and even would start floating towards the ship they were riding in. The sad part was, they were not easy targets to hit and flew just like the larger creatures. The torrent of the creates and infection of the spore-like parasites had trapped many a ship, with the parasites eating away at the metals.

Alpha, what am I supposed to do? Those things are going to close in any moment now!
Don't worry, sir. You'll be safe as long as you don't allow yourself to be touched.
But these people...I can't let them go like this.
Sir, please rid yourself of the impractical emotions you're emulating. We have more important manners. Like Hek.
That little abomination...
Hek isn't...don't-
No, not him. He just reminds me of D1. That...That monster used to be...Nevermind. What about Weiss?
Yeah, he's going to be after us from now on.
No worries, sir. Weiss may know of us, but he hasn't made contact so he couldn't possibly.

In an undisclosed location far away, Weiss had sat on a throne-like seat within a dark and damp room. He smoked a cigar, keeping it held with his locked, bionic fingers as he typed away to transmit to the ship D10 was in. Taking a few puffs of the fat roll kept lit by his breath, he awaited a connection to be established. As the room lit up, it could be seen that the crew aboard were torn apart, so he likely was using a ship that had already escaped as a proxy. Closer inspection for the viewer would indicate that the crew were employees of the maintenance crew for SOL-44. Weiss would try to contact Zulu's ship, it'd be up to them to allow the transmission. D10 noticed it immediately noticed it immediately, picking up on the signal.

Meanwhile on one of the beasts, Hek rode one, steering it to stray away from the ship's lasers as the other beasts were slain. The more Zulu's crew killed, the more parasites released. Half of them had already consumed the crumbling SOL-44. The isoloid leaned out of the ship, phasing through it and his eyes widening as he realized what the parasites. "Occam...Is that..." Occam, viewing through D10's eyes, shuddered at the same realization. D10's eyes turned silver and shining, still concealed so that nothing heard him or noticed him. "Zachary...How could you..,? Weiss? No..." Leaning back into the ship, Occam had stared at the crew, revealing himself but remaining intangible. "Answer the transmission. The man on the other side is the cause of all this. And don't think about attacking because as quickly as I came into view I will disappear and if you want to know what the abominations are coming to destroy this ship and how to stop it, I suggest you answer the transmission." Panting, Occam had taken a risk even though he knew there was an easy escape plan.

At the very least, he kept himself intangible in case one of them decided to attack and was ready to immediately conceal himself if any one of them were to go for an attack. "I will also remind you that their numbers are growing by the second." The ships that were consumed fed the parasites enough to form trios of the monsters at a time, some ships only providing one and the larger ships providing as many as ten. Something attracted the majority to Zulu's ship, but Occam knew the only way to dissuade the hunt was to talk to their controller, Weiss. Occam...don't expose us like this! Don't be such a coward, D10.

Let's see if the mouse will take the cheese...Oh, dear child, I have come for you." Weiss spoke to himself while he awaited an answer.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 am

"Hey, G, doesn't this remind you of that Shrike-10 outbreak all those years ago?"

"Ugh, still have mixed feelings about being assigned to that job. Had fun with the slaughter, but the stench took weeks to peel off."

"Told ya not to go melee."

"Well I couldn't just let you fend off your share with just that peashooter of yours."

Even in situations most dire, the two of them spoke about the past like people would around a campfire. It amused the white-haired sniper. She knew they weren't afraid of death, but seeing how carefree they were in the current situation, it was baffling her. This must be their way of coping perhaps?

The console notified Zulu of an incoming message, which wouldn't be a surprise given his recent 'works' with a number of employers. "This ID isn't from someone I recognize. Nastasha, is this one of yours?"

"Nyet--No, that's a new one."

"Alright then. Prepare to establish a filtered connection. I don't want any eavesdroppers. Set it to the Grassland codec."

"Affirm." Nastasha rigged up the comms to a secure frequency so that their end wouldn't be picked up by anyone other than their caller. The tech she used was heavily modified, but still compatible to all systems receiving their signal.

As she finished the preparations, an intruder suddenly appeared, surprising both her and the gunner.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" Rose only glanced back as she was still dealing with the horde behind them. Nastasha kept relatively calm, having had stowaways in her ship before, but as soon as he'd make a move, she'd have spikes of ice impale him in his tender spot.

The boy told them to accept the transmission, but Zulu however rose and immediately fired upon the intruder's feet. "Can't you see I was already on that? Little brat. Now, given the circumstances, I won't hold your intrusion against you, but from now on, stay put and keep quiet or I'm sending you out the airlock, got that? And don't be relying on whatever powers you have boy. They're not going to save you from me." Holstering his pistol again, he sat back down and signaled Nastasha to take the call.

"What, we can't just throw him out right now? These creatures might bunch up if we use live bait."

"You've been hanging out with Bombshell too long."

Once the screen was brought up, Zulu saw the red decors behind the person he was now speaking to. "Interesting choice of internal design. Hope you're keeping an air freshener in there. So tell me, what's the reason behind your call, cyborg?"
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:13 pm

As soon as the shot was fire, a video feed would begin with a shrouded man waving his hands in frustration. Apparently he didn't like that those he contacted were shooting at who was really important there. Weiss, letting the cigar briefly illuminate the lower part of his face, exhaled to shroud himself even more. "Come on! Don't harm my precious target! Besides, I need to talk to that person there...assuming by the confidence, Occam? OH, how it's been ages." The raspy, gruff tone Weiss had showed signs of his aging lungs. Likely something he'd need to replace like he'd done with his arms and legs. "The ship is merely temporary, not quite my style. Not lavish enough. Now, I do understand that the, er, 'boy' if that's what you think he is, is an intruder and a stowaway. But really, he's the only thing keeping you alive. Sure, you have some beasts coming after you. But, it could be worse. Oh-ho, it could be...much worse." He was seemingly typing on a mounted tablet while he smoked, taking his hand and turning it towards them showing Zulu's coordinates and relative position to SOL-44's former position.

Meanwhile, Occam looked down at a projectile that didn't phase him, knowing it wouldn't have hit him regardless. When Weiss began speaking, he tensed up at the sound of the man's voice. While the ship was cutting down the beasts, a few began to grow dangerously close. Occam took a step forward, his fists clenching. "What do you want, Weiss?" The black-clad cyborg leaned forward, his eyes concealed by thick lense and a few tattoos hiding his features. "Well, I want this ship to deliver you, of course." Occam groaned as he realized that those piloting it were very likely to do so without any hesitation. "I see...Well, I think I already know their decision. Now, I'm assuming that if they deliver me, those...things will be taken care of?" Turning the tablet back to himself, Weiss typed away and the creatures hunted other ships. "There. Deliver him safely, they will stay away. Refuse to deliver him, and there will be more than what you see right now. Trust me, there's always more."

Ships imploded and exploded left and right, more of the tentacle-toting creatures being spawned from the ruins of metal. The station was rather large, so there is enough food in the form of ships and crews to sustain whatever the creature is. "Oh, how rude of me! Let me introduce myself, as I send these coordinates, I am the Engineer-" "Weiss. His name is Weiss." Chuckling to hide frustration, Weiss waved at his desired target. "AH, yes. Since we're sharing, I hope you know you my person of interest is very special. Especially since on board you have..." Occam tensed up again, a metal pike hidden but growing from his palm. "Let's not share that, alright?" Weiss nodded, taking control over the Isoloid.

"Alright, the coordinates for rendezvous are sent. Cutting transmission, I expect you to be there." Weiss sent coordinates to an empty space not too far away, which he flew his own ship towards and waited in anticipation. Occam crouched down for a moment, inhaling and exhaling. "Okay, I know you are going to do what he asked, but for your sake I hope you have your ship ready to jettison out of here. He is not to be trusted. I was going to recommend allowing me to use your cannons. If you aren't equip, use A-O-E, wave-firing, heat-based projectiles. If you noticed, they melt easy. They usually keep their distance from stars." D10 wanted to take control and hide himself again, but Occam kept a tight control over the duo. "If he ends up sending those creatures after you regardless of what you do, you need to make sure you can send some sort of burst. If you haven't noticed the ships crumbling out of nowhere, that's their design. You need to be able to kill everything in one shot otherwise what you don't shoot will just get closer."

Occam was nervous, and would on reaction likely cloak himself and hide if they were to attack. But for now, he kept himself intangible and safe. Don't worry, Ten. I have this handled. But...But you're just giving up and letting the bad guy take us! We could just fly away! Weiss will track us no matter where we go. Besides, I have a feeling that Hek will be following us. Meanwhile, Hek was tearing apart the creatures limb from limb as more and more spawned and surrounded him.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:58 am

As the transmission ended, Zulu simply sighed in annoyance. "Great. Another high-and-mighty type. Couldn't even get a word in." The cyborg flicked a switch on his command console and brought up the map with the coordinates of their meeting point. It wasn't too far away, not that anyone else would be within range to interfere anyway.

The boy gave them an oh so dire warning of an imminent betrayal. To that, the cyborg said, "As if I'd expect anything less. People with power hardly ever stick to the terms and conditions. Don't worry about us, we're prepared. Nastasha, set a course towards the coordinates Weiss gave us."

"Alright. I trust you know what you're doing?"

"Well of course." Nastasha gave him a nod and turned the ship to face the destination.

The ship went on a leisurely pace towards the meeting point, allowing Zulu to speak to his unwelcome guest. Normally he wouldn't get involved in anything that wouldn't affect him, but everyone who ever knew him knows that this wasn't the case at all. Being the center of all the information traversing the underground networks, and he minds his own business? Fat chance.

"So, this guy really wants to get his hands on you, eh?" he asked, not much excitement in his voice. Really, this conversation was just to pass the time. But come to think of it, didn't the other cyborg say that this boy, his precious target, was something special? After being exposed to the different worlds, Zulu started to find it hard to see the difference between what was special and what was not so.

If that was truly the case, it might be beneficial to hold on to him for a bit longer. Then again, Weiss could have something of value to trade for his cooperation. Perhaps he was looking at a new contract to expand the business here, and that was incentive enough. Still, it'll all fall down to how everything turns out.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am

Occam was wary of how the man would treat him if he were to reveal any information. Luckily he was in control, and not Ten who would fall into the hands of naivety and would spill information accidentally albeit through riddles and not plain talk. He knows exactly why Weiss wants them, why Weiss wants to take what his partner created and turn them into war machines. One day, D10 might achieve that status like D1 except in a controllable form, and that is what Occam is worried about. D1 was a dangerous abomination, and he believed that during the time, Weiss might have been the cause of all the failed Dataloids. The cause of all the trials and tribulations, but also the cause of the much delayed success, Ezekiel/Ten. Weiss wasn't simply a broker of information, he was also a learned man.

When asked about the man wanting him, Occam nodded briefly, pondering and pitter-pattering around. He was nervous, he needed to act fast when Weiss took him. He likely built something to trap the man. "Yes...Yes...He's a former acquaintance. He is wildly obsessed with me. I did good work for him, he's a rather involved and important information broker. Though, if you don't know him you likely aren't involved in the same portion of this endless sea. The only reason he cares is because he knows you know I'm important to him, that's why he'll betray you. But, uh, you likely know that already." Exhaling with his lips pursed, Occam leaned against the wall, gripping his hands together. He had a small spike grown from his hand still and discretly implanted several modules in order to combat the cyborg who wanted him.

He expected Hek to be following suit, someone who would be masked by his dark features in this empty space. Which he was, while also fending off the abominations that tried eating him. "I should mention my companion is likely following us. He is an odd creature, so don't mind him. Though, he'll likely not be too keen on this transaction." Occam also worried that his companion would be a bit too sharing for the sake of Occam and Ten's safety. Maybe that would play into the man before him keeping him. That would also play into increasing the threat of Weiss. "I don't resist because I knew it was not a hard choice for you as I mentioned...but what would actually help change your mind? Aside from Ten-uh-myself being so rude and boarding the ship, I do hope that I haven't done much to wrong you." Occam had his own form of social naivety, but being an ISO made it kind of a given.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:29 am

"Well you did force me to extract the information from that black market dealer using the quickest way when I had a much more torturous and longer plan in mind, which would have been fun, so there's that." He spoke in a way that seemed he was joking, but there was a certain harshness that would say otherwise, like a budding hatred towards the stowaway. "And since you entered our ship ahead of us, I can only assume you had your mind set on taking our vessel for yourself. Am I right? I'm not fond of people who think they can take anything from under my nose."

The mercenary leaned back on his chair and rested his head on his fist before giving a hand signal to Nastasha, who activated an isolation field around their ship which would cut off eavesdroppers that weren't on the ship with them. "But I'm a reasonable guy, and I'll let it slide since this is our first meeting. But I will need your cooperation in all this to make sure you stay on my good side."

"And if you really want me to change my mind, then there is one thing you can do. We have little time, so I'll get to the point. Make me an offer. If it's good enough, I'll consider not giving you to your... obsessive admirer." Zulu looked at the hologram star map he turned on while he was speaking and estimated that they'll arrive in a minute or so. "Tick. Tock."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:51 pm

"There are ways of extracting information that go deeper than what you need. You want to know how they taste a certain flavor of ice cream? Well, I'll know but I can't really describe it so there goes that point." Occam felt the man was trying to intimidate him, and directly he wasn't at all intimidated. Ten, however, would be in this situation due to his frail and ultra-curious nature leading him to caution in some social situations such as this. "Well, what would you if your ship was destroyed and there was another one right next to it? We-I-did, yes. You'd do the same thing if need be." Occam actually smiled, thinking about how the duo were undetected while cloaked. He could definitely vanish at this moment, but he'd be vulnerable to Weiss' technology. He could fly, but he couldn't travel light years like a ship could. Then an idea popped up in his head after being told to offer him a deal.

"For starters, since this will require it, a way out. I will need my companion Hek to be allowed to board the ship, he is most definitely chasing it. He will not be harmful as long as I tell him to remain docile. Now, what I can offer you is really difficult to determine when I know nothing about you. But, as any dweller of space can appreciate, information might suffice. But even then, I do need to know what kind of things you like. I can't gift to a kid who hasn't told me about his favorite action figure. I could even offer services from either Hek or I." Don't Occam! We are not...slaves. You are better than this! No worries, child. I can handle this. You won't be submitted to such tortures that the bags of flesh like to deal out. Ten groaned at the thought, but mentally so within the Spire as he was not the dominating conscience.

Extending his hand out, Occam kept one in the air, offering to shake the man's hand. "So, what do you say? I mean, think of the scope of this offer. But there is a catch, you need to let me take control of the ship and I will explain why if you are willing to listen." Occam knew exactly how to combat whatever Weiss would through at them, but he didn't know if this ship was capable of out-speeding whatever tools he had. "My only question is, how fast can this ship go?"
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 am

Zulu listened to the offer. Quite personally, he didn't like personalized gifts as an offer, since it often panders to his needs, which often ends up in him not getting much utility out of the offer. The first part of his offer was already covered by his very own heartless parasite, which at this moment hungered for a little snack. The ship thing, well, with his nanomachines, he could already do something of the sort, and it would be much more reliable compared to a stranger's own creation. And with the advent of teleportation, what would stop him from simply summoning another from a personal arsenal?

He continued to listen, and he wasn't very impressed. To make their proposed escape work, yet another person must join them. But when he mentioned information, now that was something that caught his attention, but letting him control the ship? Now that was simply pushing his luck.

"You are asking for too much for so little, as my crew are enough to cover much of what you offered. But still, it's more than the other party offered. I'm not too keen on letting you commandeer this ship, especially when you're friend is supposed to join us. Can your obsessing admirer detect you when you disappear? Because I might have an alternative solution that will give more time for our escape."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

Occam knew he'd need to give the man something to work off of if he were to trust him, and so far even he knew he didn't really offer much. Especially when he requested before even giving a solid return as a reward. Occam crossed his arms, thinking quickly. Whatever you're thinking... Occam extended his hand, staring at the cyborg. A part of the ship distorted and expanded, creating an extension and lengthening until it touched his hand. Then, he made the piece of the ship reform to its regular state, doing away with the extension. "There is a reason I requested I pilot the ship. But I understand if you won't." Pacing, he actually wasn't sure how much Weiss had over him. How vulnerable he was or wasn't, that was a mystery to him. "Take my companion hostage and say I escaped? He'll want to tinker with my companion."

Occam smiled while Ten was worried, afraid even. Occam was a sinister sort who ultimately only cared for ISO's and not abominations like Hek. Sighing, his eyes wandered as he carefully answered the cyborg's question. "I don't know. I'm going to assume not, because even though he has a lot of resources, I can hide from a lot of things including your ship which couldn't detect me at all". He kept his hand extended for a handshake if the cyborg would accept. "Unless you have a better plan, Hek can get aboard the man's ship and deal some damage. I'm going to kill him." Occam revealed his spear growing from his hand. He morphed it to form a trident, waiting for the handshake before disappearing. "Just remember he caused this...and he can do this to more resources. If what I offered before wasn't up to par, him being able to destroy a lot of stations in between the Worlds should be. They are critical resources because as you and I BOTH know, they are out of the eyes of civilization."
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm

"Hostage-taking? No, nothing so base." Zulu waved the idea off and looked towards her blond partner in crime then nodded towards the boy. Rose happily smiled and took something out of the bag at the base of her chair, then walked over towards their package.

"Hold on to this, will you?" she said gleefully, handing the boy a sack with three apples. Everyone could hear Zulu groan out loud. "What?" she asked teasing before she closed her eyes for a moment, and a second after that, she took the apples back and strut over to her chair.

"Listen to me, kid. I don't care if your friend would board that man's ship and tear it up panel by panel. In fact, it'll be a good distraction while we make our escape." He chose to ignore the fact that this person could bend this ship however he wanted, since it'll only earn him spite from the operator. "If Weiss can't track you while you're in your hidden state, then this plan of mine is guaranteed to let us slip out. You see, Rose over there can create a perfect clone of you. While you stay hidden, we'll hand the clone over to Weiss and make our escape after the transaction. Just stay hidden until we're out of harms way, and we're good. And don't worry about us getting lured to a trap, I have an insurance policy. If things go south before we're out of there, then I'll let you take command of this ship."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:13 am

Occam nodded, waving his head back and forth in reluctant agreement that a hostage situation would not work as it was simply too basic. Suddenly, there was an audible bang on the side of the ship. Signalling Zulu to wait a moment, Occam aimed his hand towards the source and Hek phased through, dropping to the ground and just lying there in a perfectly docile state. Occam assumed he wasn't anything involving exhaustion, but the limpness in form said otherwise. Hek just didn't move, prompting a blank face from Occam. "And...that's Hek. Just throw him onto Weiss' ship as an extra part of the package and he'll attack Weiss directly. But there's one problem with your plan..." Gulping, Occam knew he'd need to give Zulu something in order to formulate a better last-second plan.

"He'll know. I'm not...The clone if it truly is an exact clone of me, will die not long after boarding the ship. In fact, I'm not sure you'll be able to clone me at all. I'm...I'm not human." His eyes flaired, patterns of intricate circuitry being shown in cyan with dark indigo colors filling the spaces. "Sure I can hide from him, maybe, but he also isn't stupid. Even if the clone survives, he'll know. I guess the only options we have revolve around handing me and Hek over. Damn, we're approaching the rendezvous point soon. Alright...T'uhhhh....." Occam smiled, before disappearing almost instantly. Hek stood up in a worry, his head darting around. "Quick, hand me something sharp. I want something to stab him with when we meet him." The dull and bland voice Hek had was surprisingly audible for not having a mouth. Hek shouldn't really be talking...and neither should you Occam. Don't worry. Their lack of agreement to this plan will actually help sell it.
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 am

A chuckle escaped the cyborg as he signaled the pilot to drop the isolation field to allow transmissions again, but not before a perfect copy of their package appeared, holding the sack of apples, which Rose took, and taking a bite out of one. "The perfect taste. I did it perfectly, if I do say so myself." The clone was actually a spacial duplicate, taken from a snapshot Rose took when she gave the apples to the boy. Every property, every molecule, every dust particle on him, they were all there.

Zulu stood up and fitted a collar-like device to the duplicate, which beeped. This was a bomb, and at the first sign of betrayal from Weiss, and his precious target goes down. He'd still need to ensure that they don't get attacked immediately, after all.

Zulu began transmitting to Weiss' ship. "I got your target right here, and... his friend, I think. He looks drunk to be honest. Must have been affected by security system. You can have it if you want, but I'll warn you here and now. Any move towards betrayal of this delivery, and your package explodes. It's timed to disarm after ten minutes, so no funny business until then, okay? Understand that this is just a precaution."

He ended the transmission and waited.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:24 am

Occam sighed as they attempted to make a clone, ignorant to what it actually took to make him what he was. If they only knew what Weiss was capable of doing, at the very least he wouldn't be afraid of some explosive collar. He wondered if the copy was going to burn up any moment or if it was just a false doppleganger. Whether it was one or the other, Weiss would surely notice. Suddenly, a portal of darkness split open inside the ship, and a man clad in black had entered the room. Occam swiftly stood behind him, following his every move. Connected to his shadow, a hulking creature had come through. It was a being of darkness, and it made Hek enter a defensive position, which soon dropped as he realized that the hulking creature was much stronger than himself. Circling around the copy, Weiss tapped a finger on the collar and its technological components came undone. "Oh, did my precious prize not tell you that I'm a technomancer? It's a perk, comes with my philanthropy. I must thank you for all the help you've been in acquiring this prize. He...is so important to me. To the future of technology, too. I'll make sure you get a few samples of this new tech I've been working on when I'm done. " Weiss said with a smile, his eyes hidden behind the dark lense of his visor.

Putting his hands on the shoulders of the copy, he stared him in the eyes. "Oh, Ten, Occam, whichever you are right now...I've waited years for this monumental moment of taking you. Taking everything from you for myself. Taking back what that damn doctor never paid me for. Or thanked me. Nor did he ever credit me in any of his research for the work that I had done. The work put into you, and just as Zachary was...I am also a father of our Magnum Opus. Isn't that right Occam?" The copy would not respond for some reason. This made Weiss angry, causing him to grip the isoloid copy's face. Shaking it and giving a monotone, threatening grunt over to him. "Say something I know you're in there. You aren't buried for good. You know what I did and who I am. Remember me!" Letting go, he turned towards Zulu, the apparent leader of the ship.

"What is wrong with him? Why won't he respond?" Occam could see the anger on Weiss' face as he wondered why the copy was so docile, assuming it was the real thing. Making himself tangible, Occam touched Weiss and suddenly he disappeared through a vacuum of space. Making his presence visible again, he looked at Zulu. "We need to get out of here. Now." Weiss, floating through space mere miles away, roared in anger. Waving his hand, portals opened and heartless flooded out along with the metal-eating creatures from before. "What does this thing run on? Some sort of nanotechnology?" He put his hand on the ship, picking up something on nanotechnology but couldn't pinpoint what it was about. He still held his trident, tossing it over to Hek just in case Weiss boarded via portal again. "I told you it was not a good idea, there are other things wrong with the plan. I mean, how did you make this copy even? It has so many things not operating."

Touching the copy, it seemed to be a duplicate of him from a past time, a time where Occam was asleep and D10 was docile. That's why he was unresponsive. "Ah, clever. But, not. Hard to explain." He then signaled for them to do whatever they needed to do. It seemed as if some of the heartless where in ship form themselves, so they only had a moment to escape. Suddenly, a forced transmission came in. It was Weiss from another ship. However, this ship was much cleaner but still darkened. "Well, I wanted to be polite and not hack my way through but I can see that you tried lying to me. I don't like liars. I would have held off on the onslaught a little longer as a reward...but now I'm going to make sure you're crushed in heartless and my special creations! I know what you look like. My men will be in every nook and god-damn cranny in the sea of nothing that is space. They will know what you look like. If you survive, that is! And don't worry, they are programmed to take you in alive, Dataloid Number Ten." The transmission cut out.

Occam just stood there, looking at the trio with alarm in his face. Hek's blank face turned towards the trio as well. "I, uh, didn't know he controlled heartless."
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:18 pm

There was a sigh from Zulu as he watched everything transpire. He would have sold the situation as him subjecting the copy to a forced state of semi-stasis, but ahh, someone just couldn't help riling up the party. In response, Zulu simply shook his head. "And this is why I'd rather have stowaways knocked unconscious. or gutted. you just can't help but get in the way, can you? Alright Rose, toss up your shield. Max it." In the blink of an eye, their shield, Event Horizon, was up. It was completely impenetrable as Rose created a bubble of space with the edge stuck in one moment, and as such nothing could pass through, not even teleportation through tech or magic. Just one of her perks.

Zulu yawned at Weiss' threat. "Well then. Let them come. I'll enjoy ripping their flesh out bit by bit with pliers soaked in lemon juice. But you know, we have a few things in common, Weiss. In fact, I believe there might be something more to this." Zulu snapped his fingers and the bomb Weiss dismantled beforehand reconstructed. Zulu didn't even need to touch it. "There was a time that I was considered a technomancer myself. So I do hope that dismantling a bomb isn't your only trick." Zulu took off his helmet, and in the moment his face was hidden, he changed it to look like the person he was talking to, and in the process, changed his voice. "I'm looking forward to meeting your men, Weiss. Do keep in touch."

And with that, Zulu cut off all comms and returned his face to his set default when he put on his helmet again. "If he can control heartless, then we'll just use them against him. Like I said, we seem to have a lot in common." Just as he said that, there was a commotion from within the heartless' ranks. They seemed to be fighting against each other. In truth, Zulu used Nyx' power to dominate a small number of heartless and ordered them to attack their brothers. The ones he took control of had their yellow markings turn red. If and when they'd no longer be of any use, he simply switched to another target.

"Lean back, kiddo. This ship doesn't need to go anywhere for a while."

As the enemies' numbers swarmed the ship, they soon met the bump in the road when they couldn't even get past a section of space around the ship. "Hey kiddo, where do you want to go? I know I said I'd let you take command, but you completely and utterly foiled my plans, so I'm not trusting you with our ship. Just give us a place, and Nastasha will take us there in the blink of an eye. And I don't want to hear complaints. Just cooperate for once."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by D10 Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Occam, frustrated that the man kept calling him a kid, dragged his hand down his face and sighed. "He is not that stupid. He would have known if you put him in stasis. He would have known it was not me because he knows I am awake. You assume too much but know so little. If you would have gone with my plan, he wouldn't be so angry right now. His vendettas are powerful." Occam spoke from experience, and just as the commotion began, it quickly ended. "Look, I'm not a kid. I am much older than I appear and likely much older than you. My former colleague used to work with Weiss...He's changed himself to some form of heartless but his control over them is just as strong. That shield won't hold forever and more of those heartless will pour out. If you just let me adjust the ship, I can use whatever warp drive you have to get us out of here." Occam was worried, tapping his feet as the heartless and metal-eating creatures banged against the ship.

"I know you're angry, but stubbornness isn't going to get us anywhere. I know. I know that it didn't go the way you wanted, but that man wouldn't just take the clone he'd make sure it was what it was. He would have sent heartless and whatever after us anyways. I didn't know that he'd do this, I didn't know he was actually...one of them." Occam then remembered some of the last conversations he had with Zachary before the experiment occurred. His ties to Weiss were tightly nit, and that Weiss had transcended humanity but with a dark cost. Zachary was telling him Weiss had become a heartless long ago. "That's why he can control them...And you, or someone here must be one. Fascinating." Occam had been wanting to study the by-products of a somebody's death, something ISO's did not experience. However, there were more important matters at hand.

"I need to make it to SOL-65. It's one of few stations Weiss will not touch, and I have a few contacts I'm supposed to meet there. We will likely see each other again. Hopefully not in situations of impending doom. But first, you'll need to scrub the heartless off your windshield." The ship was too surrounded with powerful heartless that likely wouldn't die from a single blow. Projectiles flung across the forcefield as more physical heartless clenched. All of a sudden, one massive, uncontrolled heartless was summoned. But Weiss didn't care, he wasn't anywhere near there anymore. It had cannons that charged up and the front of it had a gaping mouth collecting energy. It definitely was larger than their ship. "I don't care if I'm sitting or not, I hope you have something to help against that."
D10
D10
The Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next