MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis]

2 posters

Go down

Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] Empty Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis]

Post by Lorencia Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:29 am

It was around dawn when an unknown gate suddenly appeared out of nowhere on the sandy shores of the surface kingdom, which the creator of the gate had trouble remembering the name of. The gate swung open, revealing two figures who walked out into the beach. They both came from the Castle of Dreams, having spent a night there to prepare for their trip. Lorencia, the energetic Nobody stepped out first, holding her key-shaped staff topped with a large ruby which gave off a dim glow. The other person with her was a companion she just met out of chance, who offered to travel with her, hoping to recover some of the Nobody's memories back to help in his search for a Keyblade wielder.

They were on a mission to find a cafe. But not just any cafe. It had to be the one where Lorencia first heard about two Keybladers who could help her companion. The only problem was, she couldn't quite remember which cafe it was, or even which world it was from. Edis picked which world they were to search for first, and Atlantica was the one he chose. Specifically, the land kingdom, which Lorencia still had no clue as to what its name was. Perhaps asking around could help. There should be people out and about at this time.

As soon as her companion stepped out of the gate, it would automatically close and disappear. "Well here we are, the surface kingdom of Atlantica. Its beach at least. Want to take the lead, Edis?" she asked, shouldering her staff.
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis] Empty Re: Cafe Search, Part 1 [Edis]

Post by Edis Rehtona Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 am

"There is never going to come a time where I enjoy these stupid portals."

That was Edis' only response to entering and exiting the portal into the surface of Atlantica, into a kingdom he had never before visited, hoping to find a cafe he had never seen before in his life with a girl who had very few memories from her time in this cafe, all to find out the location of the two Keyblade wielders in the worlds. Obviously there were more than just these two men, or women, but two people from the same world was too grand a chance to pass up. If one wouldn't help Edis, the other may, and from that he would discover the powers within him and unlock his own Keyblade: that was the purpose, the endgame. The only reason Edis was with Lorencia was to gain leads to his own quest, not out of any kindness or wish to help her. Helping her was currently in his best interests, so naturally he was inclined to aid her in restoring her memories, but if that ever changed well, Edis had never been one with a great many friends.

They had reached the beach just on the outside of the surface kingdom of Atlantica, and Lorencia asked if Edis wished to take the lead, to which the young man nodded, lit a cigarette, and strode towards the gates, hoping to gain entry into the kingdom, his sword: Imitiation, strapped to his side. He wasn't able to tell that something was wrong, but as he approached the gate he noticed that something was odd. The gates were open and the guards were nowhere to be seen. He knew the kingdom was a peaceful one and welcomed all, but only fools left themsleves unprotected. However, it may have been the way of the people, and Edis dismissed it at present as he continued in towards the centre of the kingdom. It was only when he reached the centre, standing before a great fountain in the main square that he turned to Lorencia, having not seen a single soul in their entire journey through the world.

"Where is everybody?"
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Directory : The Directory
Timeline : The Timeline

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:42 am

Lorencia trotted close behind as they followed the path up to civilization. She had to say, this place was less sparkly than Val's place. Amazing how a few coats of glass makes things that much more appealing. She knew of course that the glass was there for security reasons, but the sparkle and glimmer of it made it look like something out of a dream. Which... well, she guessed it fit the name. Speaking of names, she went around looking for people to ask about this Kingdom's name, but strangely, they haven't come across someone as they made their way into the city.

Reaching the gate, there were still no one there, not even the guards. Edis asked the question anyone would ask when met with isolation, and sadly, Lorencia had no answer to that. "I could have sworn this place was livelier," she said, walking into the city, her heels clicking against the cobble road. The sound seemed to reverberate in the emptiness. "Well, I see a cafe down there!" Lorencia pointed to a building with a number of tables were set up outside. She went off ahead and peeked in through the glass, but the inside was just as bare of life.

She tried the door, but it was locked. No problem for her. She simply tapped the mechanism with her staff and the lock undid itself. "Hello~ Anyone home?" she called out as she stepped into the now-unlocked building.

No response... Placing her hands on the counter, she lifted herself up and pulled herself halfway over the counter to see if anyone was hiding behind it. No luck with that either. Shifting her weight and twisting her body to the side, she flawlessly transitioned into a cross-legged sitting position on the counter. "No one here," she reported. "This place is lonelier than the Nobody capital. Now we'll never know the name of this kingdom"
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:14 pm

"I could have sworn this place was livelier,"
"Well, I see a cafe down there!"

At those two sentences, Edis froze on the spot, mostly from the word café, as a small part of him though it could be the café but alas, as they ventured over towards the empty café, Lorencia did not in any way change or act any differently to her normal self, even after unlocking the door and letting herself in, trying to get a response from anyone that could be in the building, but she got no response, only the wind sailing by her, ignoring her pleas as she tried to find life in the barren kingdom. It seemed like no one was home, like no one had ever been home as Lorencia positioned herself on top of the counter in the café, both her and Edis trying to work out if anyone could be near, to no avail.

And yet all that Lorencia wanted to know was the name of the surface kingdom, as Atlantica was both the name of the water and the underwater kingdom, while the name of the surface kingdom had been lost long ago, with only a handful of people currently knowing it. Unfortunaltey for both of them, no one was here to answer any of their respective questions. And it was then that Edis heard a large rumble, and went outside to check, before shouting at his partner.

"Lorencia, I think I know why we can't find anybody. You may want to come have a look at this."

In this case, this was referring to the colossal beast Heartless that was crushing buildings with his feet, standing at easily twice the height of the buildings themselves, a true behemoth, and a terrifying foe, one which Edis couldn't wait to destroy, as he drew his weapon: Imitation, and prepared to fight.
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:07 pm

Lorencia was idly kicking her feet, waiting for some sort of response from Edis. But instead of that, the whole place seemed to rumble as something big stirred outside. Edis hurried out and called back to her, saying that she had to see what he saw. Well technically he was shouting it, but that was besides the point. Hopping off the counter, Lorencia walked through the door and looked up to see the large beast Edis was mentioning. "It looks kinda cute, don't you think?" she said with a chuckle.

"I wouldn't mind having something like that as a pet. But I guess its instinct to kill and consume hearts would be a problem, and taking it for a walk would require a really large field... not to mention how to keep it fed... Still, you can't deny how cute it is with those chubby cheeks. It looks like a bull dog in a way. I want to go pet it!" Shortly after saying so, a gate opened in front of her, which she quickly jumped into before it closed and disappeared just as quickly as it appeared. The gate opened up again slightly above the Behemoth, and Lorencia jumped down on its head. She then sat down and gave the Heartless a gentle pat.

Despite her recklessness, she was keeping an eye out for any type of retaliation from the Heartless, but since she had no heart to consume, the Heartless shouldn't be interested in her unless she attacks it. At least that was her guess anyway.
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Cute, not the word Edis would have chosen to describe the Heartless before the two, but Lorencia was always partial when it came to anything the resembled an animal, and this thing, which apparently looked similar to a bull dog but Edis couldn't see it, did fit that criterea. But petting it was not what the dark haired man would consider a smart plan, not that it stopped his partner from disappearing behind Edis and reappearing on top of the beast's head, petting it like one of her mysterious pets. She was certinaly a handful, and surprised Edis by her audacity, but he knew she wasn't a total klutz, and trusted she knew what she was doing.

Besides, it's not like the behemoth cared much for the Nobody sitting on top: the very little weight probably left him without even noticing she was there, and its focus was obviously on the Somebody in front of it with a heart. After all, Nobodies lacked hearts, and Heartless lived to consume them. The trinity was all present now: one of the three great races, and the Heartless clearly wanted to make it two. It charged at Edis, moving at an impressive speed for its size, and carrying with it enough momentum to crush the black haired man without even slowing. It seemed time for Edis to use a new trick he had yet to show anyone: one of his stronger abilities. Taking one last inhalation of his cigarette and blowing out a large volume of smoke, Edis tossed his smoking utensil to the ground and spread his arms wide. From everywhere under his clothes, having no clear origin but existing nonetheless, came out a large volume of smoke, covering the entire area they were in in the gas and stopping both the Heartless and Lorencia from being able to see anything more than 7m in front of them. Inhaling the smoke would cause them to feel weaker, which the monster couldn't help but do due to its size and its movement. It stopped when the smoke came, trying to understand why it couldn't see, panting from the run as it did so and drawing some of the smoke into its lungs, weakening itself as desired.

The only one who could see details through the smoke was its creator, who knew exactly where both Lorencia and the behemoth were in relation to himself. The smoke acted as his eyes, seeing throuh touch almost as he knew what to do. Turning both of his arms into thrusters, Edis propelled himself high into the air, much further than Lorencia or the Heartless could detect. Normally, if he was that high up, he would slow his fall with those thrusters, but not this time. He let gravity take its toll, and began to fall, being positioned directly above the behemoth. As he fell, he drew his sword, Imitation, and in an instant he held a two handed axe, held high above him as he fell towards his foe. As he got close, he brought the axe down on the Heartless, the force from that slowing his fall as he sliced directly through the skull and right down the middle of the creature, killing it as much as a conventional weapon could, and sending it back to the abyss. Lorencia was not in contact with axe, and wasn't dead, but Edis wasn't sure if she had jumped off the beast, or was currently falling to the ground after its destruction. Regardless, she would no doubt be okay.

Imitation - Axe Form
Typhokinesis - Basic Ability and T2 S1 used
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:12 am

"Edis! It has such a fluffy head! You've got to-- WHOAA!" The giant suddenly buckled and took off, charging forward towards Edis. The sudden move sent her stumbling backwards, but she got a grip on the heartless before she could fall off, though she was then holding on for dear life. And then suddenly, a smokescreen appeared, causing the heartless to abruptly stop. She climbed back on top and sat down. "Hrm... where did all this smoke come from?" she asked herself.

She didn't get to wonder for long as the heartless buckled again with a cry of pain. Suddenly, it poofed into a dark mist, making her fall through, but she didn't fall to the ground. When the smoke clears, she would be seen in a sitting position floating in midair. Before she fell too far, she created an almost invisible platform for herself, designated only by a faint arcane circle. "Aww, it went away already..."

Lorencia hopped off and looked around for her staff, which fell from her hands when the behemoth charged. It must have bounced off somewhere. No worries though, a snap of her fingers and -- "A-are you looking for this, ma'am?" came a voice from behind. It was a young girl whose age might still be in single digits, give or take. She was holding the ruby-topped staff in her arms, which she had trouble keeping balanced. The Nobody crouched down, retrieved her staff and gave the girl a smile with a pat on the head. "Thanks!"

"Wow! That's a keyblade, right?" the young one asked, her eyes filled with wonder.

"Nope! It's just a key-shaped staff. A keystaff, if you will!"

"Oh... well, it doesn't matter, right? You still got rid of that monster! So it must be like a keyblade! Thank you, thank you so much!"

"Oh it was nothing," Lorencia giggled a little. "No really, I didn't do anything."

"But I saw you jump on it!"

"I guess I did... but I don't think that would scare it so much that it would leave... and then there was that smoke, so I couldn't see anything." She turned her head towards Edis, and asked, "Hey Edis, did you see anything happen?"
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:50 pm

After defeating the Heartless through the axe and the smoke, Edis descended to the ground, before feeling more forms in the smoke. He saw Lorencia, or more knew exactly where she was through the smoke: sitting on top of a platform higher in the sky than the ground itself, which made the young dark haired man smile, glad that she hadn't been hurt at all with his attacks. But as Edis started to walk over to her, he felt the presence of a small child in the smoke, rather small in her size and definitely quite young, as she approached Lorencia, carrying what appeared to be the latter's weapon of choice, the Keystaff. Edis stood close enough in the smoke so that he was still rather hidden but he could hear the entire conversation, smiling as the girl asked whether or not Lorencia's weapon was a Keyblade, and the young girl's remarks regarding the weapon.

Hey, who would've thought, the world actually does think it's a Keyblade. For a second I didn't believe her.

The girl then thanked Lorencia for defeating the monster, which is when Edis noticed them all. Gathered in the smoke, hidden inside houses and behind walls, the entire town almost stood there, all looking to see their savior, who they all thought was Lorencia simply because Edis had disappeared and reappeared to kill the Heartless, after covering the entire area in smoke. It wasn't particularly obvious that it was him, and it made sense to think that it was Lorencia, mostly since none of them had actually seen Edis yet. But his partner was not as sure, since she knew that she hadn't actually dealt any damage to the Heartless, instead being more upset that it had been defeated than glad at its demise. She really was a strange one.

Edis decided then to make himself known, walking out to face the girl and joining Lorencia just in time to be asked if he had done anything to cause the monster's destruction. With one arm on his axe as it rested over one shoulder, Edis just stood there looking confused and spoke,

"Eh, no, I didn't do anything. You saw me. I was well away from that Heartless, I didn't have time to do anything. As for the smoke, I've no idea how it appeared, maybe it was the Heartless' ability? Either way, the monster is defeated, and someone needs to take responsibility, you might as well be that someone."

Turning round to look at the girl, Edis continued, "It seems Lorencia here is indeed your hero, or heroine more specifically. Why don't you go get everyone and tell them. Spread the news, and let them know we'd like to talk to whoever's in charge here. Thanks, little girl."

The response was a tongue sitcking out as the girl looked to her savior for guidance on what to do, ignoring what this random man that had appeared was saying, even though she wholeheartedly believed what he said about Lorencia: she was their savior this time, she might as well enjoy the glory.
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:00 am

She couldn't help but tilt her head at Edis when he was clearly playing off his involvement in the creature's demise. If he were trying to keep it a secret, then he was doing it poorly, brandishing his weapon out like that. While signs pointed to him, she couldn't really say that he did it without proof. Like she told the girl, she was blinded by the smoke, and was too preoccupied with not falling off when the beast charged at Edis. But why was he pushing the credit to her? Did he think she needed to be given importance? That would be just silly. Nobodies need not be important.

She turned back to the girl, Lorencia said, "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not the one responsible for taking care of that Heartless. And it wouldn't be right to take credit which is not mine. That will only belittle my reputation."

"Oh..." The girl was clearly disheartened at Lorencia's words, especially after being told that the violet-eyed woman had been painted as a savior just a moment ago. Her shoulders were slumped, and she was looking down at her feet in disappointment. But a finger gently pushed her chin up, and she was once again made contact with eyes she was too naive to see were empty of the emotion the woman was outwardly shining at her.

With a reassuring smile, Lorencia said, "Don't be so glum. We might not be the ones responsible, but whoever it was is out there, right? So be happy that they are, and that they saved everyone here today!"

The girl seemed to absorb everything Lorencia had said, and started to smile again. "Yeah, you're right! If you want to talk to the people in charge, you can find them there." the girl pointed to the castle in the distance, just looming over the city buildings. "My mommy said the king lives there and that he's in charge!"

"Thank you for telling us. Now you should run along back to your mommy before any more monsters come out, alright?"

The child nodded and scampered away. Rising up, she turned to Edis, holding her staff behind her. "Well, we know where to go to find who is in charge of this surface kingdom. But... I can't help but think I forgot something..."
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Edis wasn't annoyed when Lorencia told the girl that she had had no part in the demise of the Heartless, but seeing the girl's face drop, even for just a moment before the Nobody spoke once more, it hit Edis in the heart. He hadn't given Lorencia the credit to patronise her or because he in any way felt she needed the praise, he knew all too well that she was not a Somebody, she was a husk of a human lacking in true emotion, even if she feigned feelings to seem more lifelike, he had done it for the benefit of the girl. This girl had seen a woman, almost like an older version of herself, do a task that many men in the kingdom were too scared to do. A strong female that the girl clearly instantly idolised, and Edis wanted the girl to grow strong from watching another strong woman fight and win. But it was not to be, as Lorencia debunked the hoax, however she then made an interesting turn.

She passed the credit onto a non-existent being, almost as if some phantom had appeared and defeated the beast, a guardian angel looking over the entire land and protecting those that needed saving. Honestly, Edis had half expected Lorencia to give him the credit for his kill, but he smiled when she didn't, and so did the girl, now feeling that she could be saved no matter what trouble she got into, which hopefully wouldn't be large enough for her to spot the lie. Or perhaps she would aspire to one day be that mysterious protector, there were so many paths this girl could take, and Edis knew her life would certainly change from this moment onwards.

She was also rather useful, letting them know that the leaders of the surface kingdom lived in the grand castle, which the girl pointed out for the two. It was a fairly obvious thing that the grandest building belonged to the biggest and most influential family: it was the same in many other worlds, with very few if any exceptions to the rule, but it was a definite solution to their problem, and so off they both went, towards the castle, but not before Lorencia stopped for a moment, under the impression that she had forgotten something. At this, Edis couldn't help but let a small smirk appear on his face.

"I dunno, I know you've forgotten the information on the two Keybladers in the café, other than that you mentioned earlier about the name of this kingdom? If it ain't either of those two things, maybe you'll remember on the way to this castle. Come on, let's go meet some more royalty."
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:43 am

"Oh yeah, the cafe... well that last one didn't stir up anything. There should be more around here somewhere," the Nobody said, looking around as they walked towards the castle. She had been silent while looking left and right as they passed buildings. But after a while, she spoke up again, saying, "I wonder how long that Heartless was here. We didn't see anyone until that little girl showed up, not even the guards. We didn't see much blood on the streets, so the people are likely to be okay, either hiding or evacuated."

She looked to the castle and stared at it intently. "Do you think we'll be seeing any more Heartless up there? With the city looking so abandoned, its almost like we're walking into a haunted castle. That smoke from before would definitely sell it as such, don't you think?"

As she was glancing around, she definitely caught glimpses of eyes watching from behind closed doors and in the shadows, but the silence in the world was deafening. All this place needed now was to have ominous clouds swirling above the castle, a wolf howl or two, and some stale mist drifting in the air, and this could be a ghost town, without a doubt. Wouldn't that be an interesting sight?

With the atmosphere as it was, she had to keep her guard up. They were out in the open and a juicy target for an ambush. There was also that nagging feeling that something just wasn't right. Why was a Heartless that big alone? Surely there would be little ones scuttling about around here too, right?
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:27 am

Unfortunately the café they had just been at hadn't, as Edis had expected, generated any new memories for Lorencia. Obviously it would've been ridiculous to think that the first café of the first world would've held the answers they sought, but nevertheless they journeyed towards the castle, hoping to talk to whoever was in charge of the land. But there was something wrong with the kingdom, Lorencia noticed it too. Even after that Heartless was defeated, there were no guards, no people, no life almost save for that girl and her crowd, and the wandering eyes that peeped out of shop windows and doors, fixated on the two walking in the main street towards the castle in the distance. There were no signs of any conflict, which seemed strange considering a Heartless of the magnitude of the previous beast would've caused a lot of damage had it been free to do so, which got Edis thinking. "What if that behemoth from before was simply following orders? Not attacking until it sensed our presence, almost as if it was the guard of the kingdom..."

It seemed ridiculous, but the Heartless had only attacked Edis and Lorencia, ignoring everyone else and all the kingdom before they had approached by the looks of things, as they walked down a well kept housing area. Lorencia was just concerned that more Heartless would appear, which seemed incredibly likely considering the first boss type Heartless was never going to be the only one. Heartless were drawn to other Heartless, especially defeated ones, as they wished to take the heart their brothers fell to. But then Edis smiled for an instant, his smile hidden behind the smoke from his newly lit cigarette. He wasn't planning on telling Lorencia about his ability to manipulate smoke soon, but eventually she would see it if they came across any more enemies, which they no doubt would.

And then, as if on cue, as the two reached the entrance to the castle, they appeared. 15 Heartless, 5 sets of 3 by the looks of them, all much taller than Edis and Lorencia but not nearly as big as the behemoth, still being around maybe 7 feet tall. They all looked like they used elemental abilities, with their colors reflecting their elements: fire, ice, thunder, light and darkness. The light Heartless made Edis raise an eyebrow, a creature of darkness controlling light just looked out of place, but regardless they were here to destroy the two trespassers. Edis brought out Imitation, still in its axe form, and held it in both hands behind him at the side, as he scanned the area. They were surrounded, with the Heartless both on the ground and atop the roofs of houses, eagerly waiting to fight. And then they did, as the one's on the roofs jumped towards them and the ones on the ground ran for them. In terms of size and momentum, neither Edis nor Lorencia would want to get hit by them, even if they were just charging. This would indeed be fun.
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:54 am

"Then that would mean someone's ordering them around." Her thoughts immediately turned to Cort. Surely someone like him was bad news, and they had to deal with them as soon as possible. They were stopped by a group of heartless, which were much different from the ones she usually encountered. A new, breed! Well, this was interesting, to say the least. Still, just as she did with the Behemoth, she walked up to one of them which was on ground level and looked to be aligned to Ice, casually saying "Hiya!" while she waved a hand. But then the creature screamed at her before the rest jumped from their perches to attack. The one Lorencia greeted raised both its arms before attempting to smash her down.

However, it hit a sort of force field before it could reach the Nobody, who didn't even flinch. Holding her staff out to her side, upright with it an inch off the ground, she said, "Not in a talking mood, are we?" She tapped her staff on the ground before a huge pillar of fire erupted underneath the Heartless. "I don't think this is the right way of making them warm up to me..." she said before turning around to see a group of three charging at her. One was another Ice heartless, while the other two were the Magma and Darkness ones. There were sure to be some out of her field of vision, but those three were the immediate danger.

Under the cover of the pillar of flame, three fireballs shot out and hit all three. While two recoiled, the Magma heartless didn't even flinch and continued to charge. Being playful, Lorencia waited until the last moment before hopping out of the way. As she did so, the flames stopped, revealing the Ice heartless still recoiling from the heat, but because the charging one had too much momentum, the two crashed into each other.

What was left hovering above where the pillar of flame used to be was a sphere of fire, which was currently resetting its sights to new targets.

Used:
T1, 5th skill: Null Surface
Flame Sentry
Dragon's Breath
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:07 am

If anyone was likely to get Edis killed, it was no doubt going to be Lorencia, who once again went up to the obviously hostile Heartless with a smile, saying hello and no doubt wanting to pet the creature, before the rest all jumped and dashed to their opponents. The one in front of Lorencia raised its fists in an attempt to smash her, but then it hit something, something that must've been a barrier of sorts, with Lorencia barely reacting to the Heartless, before summoning a pillar of fire to deal with the Heartless, then being stuck with three more coming to fight her, which so would no doubt have no issue dispatching. Edis stood there for a moment, not moving. Fifteen heartless in total, four of which were now being fought by Lorencia, leaving another eleven: one ice Heartless, two darkness, two magma, and three light and thunder creatures. They seemed to follow a pack mentality, rarely going for a one on one combat and opting more for taking our their opponents by surrounding them. And, expectedly, six of them did exactly that, leaving five unaccounted for and no doubt waiting for their chance should their comrades fall. Six Heartless, two light, two thunder, the final ice and a magma, all at varying points around Edis. Luckily, Lorencia was far enough away that she wouldn't be caught in what Edis was planning, or see what he was about to do. As much as it was one his strongest supplementary abilities, he had to admit it was disgusting to have to see, some would even say horrifying.

The Heartless didn't wait to see it, as they all dashed towards Edis from all over, some from above and some from the sides, not allowing the man to escape in any way. As a plan, it was pretty intelligent for the Heartless, and it might've been able to catch out anyone else, but Edis wasn't planning on running at all, rather he was right when he wanted to be, as he activated an ability of his, Haemophilia, and proceeded to bleed a lot. All of the blood in his body escaped through his mouth, ears, and nostrils, culminating on the floor, and being absorbed by Edis' weapon, which had now become a double edged scythe, the blades turning red in colour as the blood was consumed by the weapon. At the sight of so much blood, the Heartless recoiled for a moment, but the blade of the scythe wouldn't be able to reach them until they were much closer, to they proceeded towards their foe. The scythe could reach around two metres at it's fullest point, but at four metres out, the red color in the scythe blades disappeared, and the heads of each of the Heartless separated themselves from the body, as the creatures fell to the ground, completely destroyed, leaving only five more, of which two seemed ready to charge at Edis, with the other three seeming to go for Lorencia. The blood was now completely gone, so these final two before him were going to have to be taken care of in a different way. Edis was confident they knew what they were dealing with now, which meant this next battle would be a bit more fun than taking out six of them in one swoop. It took a lot of preparation to do what he had just did, but it was boring to take out so many without a lot of leg work.

Haemophilia - 20MP
Imitation
MP Remaining: 280
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:11 am

While the two heartless which crashed into each other were slowly chipping their life away by staying in contact, Lorencia opened up a gate from under them, making them fall into a pocket dimension which was quickly closed up. The Flame Sentry she had called upon fired two shots at the Dark one while the third fireball landed on the second ice Heartless, momentarily stopping it in its tracks while it recoiled.

The Nobody opened a gate above the ice Heartless high up in the sky, and the two she had dropped into the pocket dimension fell. The magma Heartless was sandwiched between the two ice Heartless. Unfortunately for them, this wasn't a happy sandwich and the three basically evaporated themselves back to the realm they belonged. She turned around and looked for the Darkness-aligned brute, but found that it wasn't anywhere in sight. She did however see Edis decapitate at least six Heartless, which was a good sign that he was alright by himself.

As she moved forward, she found it hard to lift her legs, as if her own shadow was weighing her down, and there was a good reason for it. The last Heartless that had confronted her initially had sunk down and hid in her shadow, and was now attempting to keep her there while the final Light, Magma, and Thunder Heartless fired at her with spells of their element. Because they were still far enough away, the balls of light and fire their respective heartless shot at her were dodged while her feet were still held in place, and for the thunderbolt that was fired last due to its limited range from the caster, Lorencia was able to plant her staff in front of her, stabbing it right into the Heartless that held her. With her staff acting as a lightning rod, the dark Heartless took most of the charge with Lorencia only feeling a weaker shock. She was released, and without wasting any time, hopped back to keep clear. Five spheres which resembled wisps appeared around her, and as she charged through the horde, the wisps smashed themselves into the Heartless' heads with such explosive force that the Heartless almost immediately reverted into the dark misty smoke which indicated that the Heartless had expired. Temporarily, which was only good until they came back.

With the four down, there was still one sphere to spare, and it revolved around her. But she was tricked. Not all four of her latest attackers actually went down. The one aligned to Darkness was still around, appearing behind her and swatting her through in unfortunate building. In all honesty, she hadn't expected that. But what the Heartless should have expected that she wasn't one who went down easily. As it presumed that the Nobody was dead, it turned around and focused its attention to Edis, along with the rest of its dark-aligned kin. But this Heartless suddenly lurched forward, a new hole adorning its chest. It tried to keep itself within this world, but alas, it had expired.

Meanwhile, Lorencia had walked out of the dust cloud as if she were uninjured, holding a bottle in her hand which she held out towards Edis. "Hey look! I found wine! And its just like the one in the pantry!" she shouted, referring to the Castle of Dreams' pantry. Taking the bottle in hand, she looked at the label and confirmed that it was indeed identical. "I always wondered how these tasted..."

Null Spheres
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:25 pm

From the original fifteen that had first attacked both Edis and Lorencia, only two remained: two aligned to the Heart element of Darkness, the element from which all Heartless were stronger when using. These two now stood in front of Edis, as the formerly present Light, Thunder and Magma were dispatched with Lorencia, along with her own Darkness Heartless which had pestered her from the beginning. Whether it was simply Lorencia's stupidity or recklessness or whether it was something more, the darkness aligned Heartless had been the hardest to kill, and so Edis had to think of a much more careful way to take out these enemies than the rest he had defeated thus far, and he had already used one of his trump cards. That was his current issue in terms of combat power: he would only become stronger when he began to accumulate powers from other people, and currently all he had was the ability to create structures from glass, an ability that he had received from the Queen of the Castle of Dreams: Valerie Noria. As much as it was a useful enough trick, all he would really do at this point would be create a weapon made from glass, which would end up being weaker than Imitation so it was out of bounds. Having watched his partner throughout the fight though, Edis knew that, should he need to, there was the possibility of transforming into Lorencia and using her abilities, but that too came with its problems. For a start, being a Nobody as she was, her Heart Element was the element of Nothingness, an already unfamiliar and strange element that from no doubt many of her abilities stemmed. And her other main element, as Glass was to Valerie, seemed to be a type of fire much more advanced than the simple burning heat that Edis was capable of controlling, so even if the young man did become Lorencia, he would be weaker in all magical and elemental aspects, even if he would be stronger physically, Heartless were never easy to break with just your fists, although it would certainly make for an interesting fight.

No, unfortunately is was currently a bad idea for Edis to rely on any power but his own, and he had just used up his blood spill to make himself stronger combo, which was very inconvenient for the young man, who now stood with a double edged scythe on one arm, as he span it like one would a drumstick in their hand, making sure that the blades faced away from him so as now to accidentally impale and deal himself a fatal injury, as he watched his two darkness oriented foes, and as they watched him. The tension was palpable, so tangible that it could be cut with a knife, and then, in a flash, it was broken, and the beasts charged, with Edis standing still, rolling his eyes as the voice of his partner: Lorencia echoed around the otherwise desolate town, as she announced that she had found wine similar to that found in the Castle of Dreams. Her voice startled the Heartless, and they charged at their visible foe, hoping to ram him and take him to the ground as the apes that they were, no doubt planning on pummelling him into dust. Edis would not allow it though, as he ran towards them, ducking at the last second and still spinning his scythe above him, dashing past the two Heartless and slicing their heads off too with a clean, singular cut, giving them permission to join their brethren in the darkness.

With that, Edis looked over to Lorencia, walked over to her position, took the bottle that she held and, opening it with his scythe sitting to one side of the crater caused by Lorencia's crash, and took a few gulps, downing the entire bottle in one drink before handing it back to Lorencia, a devious grin on his face as he turned around, pointing his head and gesturing towards the castle proper, which they were now standing outside.

"Wow, that is some nice wine. I can definitely see why Valerie has some in her pantry, tastes like something very rare only the rich would be given the chance to sample. Anyway, let's press on, we have a job to do."
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:12 am

The heat of the battle aside, any flames still burning had burned out as the calm settled in. Lorencia attempted to open the bottle, but having never opened one herself, she was struggling. For a moment, she was giddy when Edis took the bottle and opened it. But pouted when the bottle was given back to her, void of any of its contents. "You're mean," she said, sounding like a defeated toddler. "Well I'm not going to be the one paying for this, nor will I help you pay for this."

She set the bottle by the hole she went through before skipping back to Edis' side, although still a little pouty. They really had a lot of ground to cover by the looks of it. The front doors were locked, but that ceased to be true once Lorencia tapped her staff against the locks. After that, it was a simple matter of opening the doors. Like Val's castle, they were immediately greeted by a great hall with large stairs to the upper floors, and numerous doors for which they could break into. Yet unlike Val's castle, this place was seemingly empty.

"Hmm... This is a big place, and my leg hurts..." It had been hurting for a while, and if Edis were to look back, there would have been a few drops of blood trailing behind them. Due to the dark coloration of her pants, it was easy to miss. Still, Lorencia didn't seem to be too bothered. I know! Let's get a mount!" she said enthusiastically, before a rather large gate appeared before her. When it opened, there was only the faintest hint of light. "Nichooooole~ I need you to carry us, pretty please!" she called out into the darkness.

If one were to listen closely, they could hear some skittering against the earth beyond the gate, and in a short while, a few sets of red eyes glistened in the dark, coming closer. One spiny leg after another, a giant creature of nightmares emerged from the gate: A 12 foot spider with claws on the end of each leg and spines all over its appendages. It seemed to snarl at Edis before Lorencia said, "No. He's not food, silly."

She patted the nightmarish creature on the leg, and it lowered itself so Lorencia could climb onto its back, riding the spider like a horse. "Come on, Edis! Nichole's back is actually quite soft and fluffy. But be careful of the spines on her legs. Those aren't soft nor fluffy." The spider had an almost crustacean-like carapace, but had some areas around its body which had fur instead of a shell. It functioned as a way for it to detect air currents, but in Lorencia's case, its fur made for a comfy seat.

Lorencia was expecting an ambush ahead, what with the large area in front of them, and plenty of vantage points from the balconies. Calling Nichole out was a preemptive measure, though hopefully this measure didn't make Edis turn-tail and bolt out the way they came, as was most people's reaction to the brood mother. Maybe she should have called Terra instead...
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:10 am

They managed to get into the castle without any issues, after Lorencia had spent most of the journey from the site of their previous battle to the gates whining about the fact that Edis had tried all the wine and not given her any. Thinking back, it was pretty mean of the young man to do that, and a sliver of regret passed over him before he ignored it completely and continued on. If the only problem of today's adventure was that Lorencia hadn't gotten to sample the fancy wine, then the day will have gone well, regardless of if they are able to get any more information on the location of this café or not. Obviously, Edis was hoping things would go his way and Lorencia would have a black out moment of memory and say the name of the world where the café was located, but betting on that was a bad gamble, as it was something that could either happen at any time, or perhaps never, it wasn't a reliable way to get what he wanted, and he needed to get the power of the Keyblade, regardless of how or when. They reached the castle without any further battles, which was both a godsend and an interesting turn of events, with the lock on the castle gates being broken by Lorencia's Keystaff, again another reason why many people probably thought it was a Keyblade in itself. It had a similar look about it, and clearly had some of the lesser powers of the legendary weapon. Unfortunately, Edis doubted somewhat that it would hold the power he was looking for in the Keyblade, it was reserved for the blade alone.

Inside the castle, they took in the sight of the massive hall to which they first saw upon entry. It was very similar to Valerie's in Castle of Dreams in both its scale and beauty, although this one lacked a great deal of glass that coated Valerie's castle, as both an improvement and defence, but there was no one to be seen in this hall. They walked towards the centre before Lorencia decided she didn't want to have to walk as she had injured her leg. She opened one of her gates, calling through a mount she called Nichole. It was a fairly large gate, and after a few seconds Edis could hear... skittering? After a few more seconds of this, he saw eyes, not just two or three, but a great deal of them, and then he saw her. The giant, creature of terror called Nichole: a massive spider, which didn't seem to like Edis until Lorencia confirmed that the young man was most certainly not food for the 'mount'. Thinking for just a second, Edis had to admit the ridiculousness of the creature, coupled with its seemingly harmless name, was a perfect being for Lorencia, it complimented her unpredictable and heart-attack-inducing personality. The spider came down, allowing Lorencia to climb on top, as she warned Edis about the spikes on the side of the spider. Shaking his head, Edis began to climb onto Nichole's back, ignoring her as she watched him with all of her red eyes.

"You never cease to amaze."

They travelled on Nichole for some time before reaching the most illustrious and beautiful door in the entire castle, as well as being the largest. No doubt the entrance to the throne room, which confused Edis somewhat. Getting down from Nichole and putting his hand on the door to make sure it wasn't an illusion, he looked back over to Lorencia before speaking. "Something's not right here. This seems to be the entrance to the throne room, where the potential mastermind of the Heartless or the king of this kingdom would be. Regardless of which is beyond this door, you'd think there would be some kind of guards here. Something definitely isn't right, you ready for this?
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:04 am

"You're one of the braver ones, aren't ya? Most people would run away the moment they saw Nichole."

The giant spider skittered and clicked before moving down the hall. "Nichole says thanks for not screaming like a school girl. Her ears hurt when people do that," Lorencia wasn't sure if she could speak spider, but for some reason, she just had an idea what Nichole was saying. It may just be her being whimsical, but Nichole never objected to any of her translations before, so Lorencia simply rolled with her gut whenever the spider made those familiar noises.

The castle was big, that was for sure. It actually took them some time to get to the throne room. Edis spoke up, saying that the mastermind could be behind that door, and asked if she was ready for whatever was behind it. She nodded with excitement. "I'm ready for a fight, but with my leg hurting like it is, I'll stay on Nichole. I don't think I'd be able to stand for very long if I don't. Sorry." What a shame. She liked having to jump around while fending off attackers.

"Alright, Nichole! Let's bust through!" With a little wind-up, Nichole crashed through the doors, knocking them off their hinges with a loud bang. In front of them were two people, specifically a hooded person in black, and someone who looked to be the king, but upon closer inspection, his eyes seemed to be lifeless, yet he moved about like a normal person.

"Greetings, trespassers," the king greeted with a chilly voice which had an unnatural and eerie echo. As he said that, the walls in the room was suddenly covered in darkness, and even blocked the entrance. A number of Heartless of varying species, including the brutes they fought before appeared.

The spider struggled, but the darkness kept its legs from leaving the ground. "Nichole can't move!"

The hooded figure raised an open palm towards them as he conjured up a spell. Then the king spoke. "Don't move. Or we will end you. You are severely outnumbered."

Lorencia gripped her staff with one hand, and pat Nichole with the other. On the spider's underside, five dog-sized spiders were clinging onto their mother, but kept hidden inside the niches. Lorencia wasn't going to surrender, even with her injured state, but she waited for Edis to do something first. She gave him a look that tried to convey that she'd follow her lead, but tried to keep it hidden from the two people. "Well, looks like we walked right into a trap..." she'd say, stating the obvious. She looked at the king again, and just couldn't get past his dead-like state. He didn't look pale, in fact he looked to be at the peak of health, but there was something behind those eyes. Something foreign.

"I think the king is nothing but a puppet," she'd say under her breath before turning to the hooded figure. There was something about him that she didn't like.

"What are the two of you intruders doing in my castle?" the king asked, angered.
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:03 am

Edis felt sorry for Lorencia, who was slightly weaker due to her leg injury and was going to have to stay on top of Nichole for any fight that ensued through the doors. Despite her large size however, Nichole was pretty mobile and quick on her feet, so Edis doubted it'd cause too much hassle in a fight. Nichole also looked like she could fend for herself if it came to it, so there seemed to be no cause for concern. Lorencia used a lot of long ranged attacks too, so mobility wasn't always a massive necessity for her to fight well.

Nichole burst through the door, effectively breaking it off its hinges as the great wooden structures fell in front of the two, revealing the grand throne room before them. The room itself was grand, of course it would have been anyway, but it was shorter in length than first expected, with very little space between the two that entered and the two that were waiting for them. Gazing across at the two men in front of him, Edis noticed the king sitting on his throne, his position made obvious by his robes and crown, but his eyes, despite clearly alive as he moved, felt defeated and sunk in. He was not himself, and he was not in his own mind, as the other man made movements before the king did anything.

The king spoke, or at least, Edis assumed he was speaking because his mouth was moving, but words were lost to the man, who was now focussed on the black robed man standing next to the King. Edis noticed the Heartless swarming around, but made no movements, his ears picked up on Lorencia shouting and understood what she said, but it wasn't processed. The King's mouth moved, something about death? Edis didn't know. The entire world slowed down for him from the moment he saw the black robed man. Everything passed through him, as if he was a ghost, not really there, just an observer. It was clear they were trapped, but Edis moved forward, walking with his eyes fixated on the black robed man, who looked up for the first time, with only his eyes being revealed for seconds, a flash of red as he glanced briefly at the two before returning to the King, but that was all it took.

Forgetting the Heartless, forgetting Lorencia, forgetting everything about combat and fighting, Edis charged at the hooded figure, his heart racing and his adrenaline pumping as the Heartles leaped for him, closing around him. They landed on him, pummeling him into the ground as Brutes, Shadows, Soldiers and many others covered Edis with their bodies, as he disappeared out of sight under the crashing wave of his enemies. And then, the Heartless moved to reveal the unconscious, broken body of Edis. Except, he wasn't there, instead a Soldier had been brutalised by them all. Having become smoke, Edis had snuck through the cracks and was now standing behind the hooded man, his sword drawn and the edge of the blade against the man's throat as he whispered into his ear's.

"Command these Heartless to disperse to the darkness, and then remove your hood, or I will kill you where you stand."

T2 | S4
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 pm

When Edis charged and got tackled by nearly every heartless in the room, Lorencia raised her staff only to be tackled down by a couple of the soldiers, preventing her from doing much of anything while a third one wound up to claw her face off. But the spiderlings quickly overpowered the trio and began gnawing at them until they eventually gave in and returned to the land of darkness from whence they came.

Nichole was still stuck in place, and the most she could do was spit acid at the group of heartless that had been beating up one of their own thanks to Edis' tactics. The acid had done its job in taking out the weaker ones, but those that held up diverted their attention to the spider, that is, until they sensed the robed man in danger.

There was a blade at his throat, but he didn't look fazed at all. "You're a fool," came the voice of the king right before Lorencia fell off from on top of Nichole with an arrow embedded at her side. The spiderlings jumped off of their mother and put themselves between the nobody and the group of heartless that refocused on her.

"Ow," that was all Lorencia said as she sat up. Edis' threat had no effect, and his close proximity to the robed man could prove to be fatal as spines of darkness shot out from the man's back in an attempt to damage the person holding him hostage. At the same time, the archer heartless that had shot Lorencia showed itself peaking out from the ceiling and readied another arrow.

Lorencia wasn't pleased and sent a fireball directly at the archer, which upon collision caused it to fall. The nobody may have been injured, but that didn't mean she couldn't fight back.
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 pm

His foe cared very little for the sword pressed against his throat, , and at the same time as that had happened and Nichole had acted, Lorencia had been wounded, shot by an arrow into her side, as shown by the red stain starting to creep around her outfit, but the small spiders hidden beneath Nichole jumped out in front of Lorencia in case the Heartless swarm moved on her, as they now focussed their sights on the wounded one. Lorencia was fighting her own battle, but Edis didn't have the time to pay attention, as the hooded man was acting. Throughout everything, Edis had only been looking at one thing: his katana blade resting on the hooded neck of the man in front of him. It was a good thing he did too, else he wouldn't have noticed what was about to happen, as the hooded man erupted spikes from his back in an attempt to ward off his foe. Edis noticed the spikes begin to protrude, and felt the first enter his flesh before he was quick enough to turn back into smoke, having left the ability somewhat active, despite its dormancy. Covered in his own blood, Edis retreated from the man, moving back before reforming and cancelling his ability, before using some others of his.

The first method of attack was a simple enough one: level the playing field. There was a swarm of enemies here, and Edis decided he should give his opponents things to fight that weren't just himself, Lorencia or Nichole. A portal of darkness formed on the ground, and for a moment nothing happened. Then, all at once and without warning, nine of the Heartless focussed on Lorencia and the archer Heartless that had fallen and was getting up, disappeared. They just vanished into the darkness, and where they once stood their essence dissipated into the castle, as 9 Neo-Shadows stood between the Heartless swarm and the hooded man, causing the once imposing swarm to be surrounded by Neo-Shadows and spiderlings on each side. If Lorencia's spider beings were the first to move, the Neo-Shadows would join them in attacking. The tenth and final Neo-Shadow was at Nichole's side, using its power to break the grip held by the Heartless on the spider's legs.

Then there was Edis' own move: which he was already employing. Having touched and come into contact with his main foe, Edis changed, becoming the hooded man and staring into his black hood with those self same eyes that stared at Edis now, betraying no emotion as the man witnessed the transformation. Now, Edis had the upper hand, to an extent. He could still use some of his own abilities, but he could only use abilities that he saw the man using, which still left him open to a counterattack, but he had ways around that. All he had to do now was draw blood from the man, and then he could really take him out. Getting so excited about the battle, Edis honestly forgot to remove his own hood to check out who he was facing, and if it was the man from his past.
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:29 am

Lorencia blinked, seeing a number of the heartless disappear just like that. 'I guess they ran off?' was her first thought. Then suddenly, more popped in, but didn't attack. The one closest to Nichole was going to be her next target, but it... released the spider? Well... all right? Strange as it seemed, the older heartless seemed distressed when the new group appeared.

It was rather difficult to walk around with an arrow in her side, but no matter how much she tugged it, it was stuck there. It must have been barbed... Terra wasn't going to like this injury one bit... She could hear the nature spirit now, chastising her for being careless once again. While Lorencia stabilized herself, the now free spider raised her front legs and brutally impaled the hostile heartless, and her brood followed their mother in the attack, spraying webbing and bitting the heartless. The heartless which just arrived joined in, attacking the other heartless. Was this Edis' doing? Despite her possibly fatal injury, Lorencia had the time to muse about how awesome that was.

She looked towards her partner, only to see two hooded figures and no Edis in sight. They seemed to be fighting. The king suddenly writhed in pain curling up as if he was having a heart attack. One of the hooded figures burst out laughing, his voice distorted with an uneasy echo. The enemy heartless, or at least the ones who survived the combined attack of the spiders and the friendly heartless, sank back to the darkness to retreat. "You will never know what he knew," he said, taunting his mirror image, as if there was a great secret he couldn't risk letting them know about. The hooded figure then grabbed the imitation by the arms and started to draw dark energy from him, all the while chuckling.
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Edis Rehtona Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:53 am

Once freed, Nichole wasted no time in exacting her revenge against the Heartless that had both trapped her and impaled her master, and the spiderlings seemed to agree with their mother wholeheartedly. As such, both the spiders and the Neo-Shadows of Edis' began to attack the Heartless, taking out a sizeable chunk of their forces, the Neo-Shadows ripping the clawing through their enemies and, although sustaining some damage themselves, for the most part they all didn't feel much in the way of the pain of the attack, which gave Lorencia a brief moment to pause and look towards Edis, and the fight he was currently waging.

Two hooded figures, the original and Edis' Doppelganger, now faced each other, with Edis seemingly having the upper hand. That was the true power of his Skill. Not only did he take on the form of whomever he was facing at the time, but he was stronger, faster, more agile than them too. The only thing that the original had on Edis was their abilities, which Edis could simply copy and use with extra strength, or their Synthesis items, which Edis had no control over, not that the hooded man seemed to have any anyway.

Then the original laughed, and all the hostile Heartless still around dispersed into the shadows, leaving only friendly Heartless, the spiders, Lorencia, Edis and the hooded man himself. Almost 15 on 1 at this point, which seemed strange if not for the fact that the man was clearly planning something. He then spoke to Edis, as the king began to writhe in pain the man used his own voice, a deep voice that echoed around the castle interior. His words were an enigma, with no meaning clearly trying to rile Edis up. But the young man didn't have time to think things through as the hooded man grabbed him by his arms, and started to suck out all the dark energy from his Doppelganger, all the while laughing in victory.

For a moment, it looked like Edis was going to lose, and all his energy was going to be taken from him, but then something changed. Edis, who had stayed quiet from the moment his arms had been grabbed, spoke, in a whisper that the whole room heard, "You do not know me, and you do not control me." At the ending of his sentence, he acted. He was stronger than the man before him, and could lift him with relative difficulty if it came to it, in an attempt to get him off, but that was not Edis' plan. Laughing in the same way the man had done, in the man's own voice so much that the hooded man fell silent, Edis copied his trick, and began to draw energy from the original, holding back onto the man with a stronger grip than the man could break free from. The smug look of the man turned to fear for a brief moment, and Edis let him pull away after sufficiently draining him, only to send him flying with a single punch of their combined strength, knocking him out instantly but not killing him.

Once this was completed, Edis regained his original form, and smiled at Lorencia, a smile of 'there was never anything to worry about' despite their now finished battle. As the hooded man fell unconscious, the king almost seemed to wake up, getting to his feet and standing straight, with a posture much more notable of his position than previously, and with his skin a much healthier colour as he spoke.

"On behalf of this whole kingdom, I must thank you both for your help. That man came to us with promises of power and wealth that I, in my weakness accepted, allowing him to take control of both me and the kingdom, and allowing the Heartless threat to run amok. I must ask, what are your names? The world must know who it was that saved them from the darkness."
Edis Rehtona
Edis Rehtona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorencia Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:46 am

((OOC: I'm deeply sorry. I honestly forgot about this... you know you could message me on skype if I take over two weeks to reply : P))

As the maniacal laughter fest transpired, Lorencia simply stood there in confusion. What the heck was actually happening here? One of the hooded figure sapped the power of another, and then the other... copied it? She was just guessing, but the second figure got the upper hand and had knocked the first unconscious. Finally, the king awoke. Suspiciously looking healthy. This can't be right... Lorencia remained cautious, not letting her grip on the staff weaken as the king spoke.

While she smiled back at Edis and the king, her look towards the latter was one of heavy scrutiny. Upon waking up, the king began talking about how all this came to be. Offered power, he was duped into accepting a deal with the heartless, which caused him to fall under their influence. But... she couldn't help but think that something was off...

She kept her distance. She didn't believe someone could recover so quickly... unless there was a catch... "My name is Lorencia."
Lorencia
Lorencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down