MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
The Night Life [Private] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
The Night Life [Private] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
The Night Life [Private] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
The Night Life [Private] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

The Night Life [Private]

2 posters

Go down

The Night Life [Private] Empty The Night Life [Private]

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:21 am

The Night Life [Private] Ariannerosse_zpsevfobkbh

It was another day for her. While the footsteps of the daily routine echoed above her, Andeline sat patiently beneath the cobblestone streets in the heart of the waterways. She knew these tunnels all too well, and had even contributed to many extra ones that allowed her to traverse the city limits with ease. The complex network of drainage was her own, personal subway through all of Traverse Town. It wasn't an ideal way of getting around, but it was her own special method. It allowed her to be near to the city she loved, close to it, but not a part of it. No, that time had long since passed.

It was getting late in the evening. During this time, people rushed from their work, back to the safety of their homes, before it became too dark. Yes, in the dark there was no safety, at least for the normal townspeople. The Heartless, as they were rumored to be called by other places, crept and crawled in every shadowy place once the sun set. Vicious beasts, set to devour the innocent, they had no hearts to feel the suffering they caused and were the bane of the night life here in this world. Andeline herself had come across too many to count through her years alone, but she relished it so. The power she had over all her surroundings, the water, was more than enough to destroy anything that crept through her beloved villa. A silent figure of protection, she had kept as many souls as she had been able safe from the looming jowls of  the dark.

And so patiently, she waited for night to fall. The woman personally hoped there wouldn't be too many stragglers today; she still had to stop by the café and see if they still had anything left in their bins to take for dinner. Her stomach growled for some leftover morsels, but she ignored the nagging pain. Her priorities were focused fully on seeing everybody safely home. Of course, Traverse Town was a large collection of buildings, districts, and in so being, Heartless. Andeline digressed she couldn't always make it to everybody in time. The fountain in Second District had become a memorial to the fallen over the years, and despite her desire to remain alone and underground, she still made the time to take a moment for those who had fallen into the abyss.

There were some times where Andeline hoped that, perhaps, those souls weren't dead after all. It was a silly thing to think, but it allowed her some respite from some of the failures she'd had. She was only one soul, and couldn't be vigil through the entire expanse of the city. What she could do, she did with all of her might, limited by her circumstances though it was.

Many a person would complain about living in such a state, but Andeline had long become used to it. In fact, sometimes she wondered why it was people were so attached to their houses, or the objects in them. There were some times where the nights were cold, or the rain came in great amounts, but it was nothing that she didn't become used to with time. It wasn't much to many people's standards, but the waterways had become her home...and she rather enjoyed it. There was many an occasion where Andeline did wish she had munny for a kitchen and food, but the café bins were always free, albeit a little unsanitary. Still, food was food, and even in its condition, it was quite delicious.

Soon the minutes passed, and the clamor of the daily rush subsided. With a small smile, Andeline made her way over to the southern side of the tunnels, creeping through the ankle-high waters stealthily. She could almost smell the leftover brisket calling to her, but first she'd have to find one of her exits to the surface and check to see if anybody was staying out late.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

The Night Life [Private] Empty Re: The Night Life [Private]

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:08 am

The late folk would find her, this night, it seems.

A lone figure walked the back alley of Traverse Town. Unlike many who dwelt here, this man in blue walked in the world's shadows without fear. The young man's blue coat billowed behind him in the gentle night breeze, cyan eyes glittering in the dim light. His body language told of simple confidence; he was comfortable in the area, familiar with it. Although everyone here would regard him as a stranger. It didn't really matter to him. He'd been a citizen here. Raised a family here. In another time, another life.

Walking down into the water without hesitation, the man aimed to head down into the waterways. Not a place many go, willingly. Especially not those as well-dressed as he. But, this was the quickest way he knew to get where he was going. 

He was lit in the streetlights, still, his features undisturbed by the surprisingly white light of the overhead lamps. His cyan eyes shone, now, reflecting light, and his white hair and mocha skin surprisingly flattered by it. However, before he entered, he noted an individual coming toward him. He stopped then; you never could be too sure with people, especially ones you can't readily see.

"Hello?" He asked, simply, waiting for a reply.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:41 am

Of all the things she'd expected to hear down here in her dominion, another voice wasn't one of them. At first, she thought it one of the many she'd heard in her head over the many years of her life, but this one seemed to be less of a familiarity. It wasn't entirely alien, but there was a certain way the others had felt when they'd been speaking that was absent from this. Andeline whirled around as quietly as one could in the water, poised to take out any sort of threat she might encounter. If someone else were down here in the waterways...There would surely be more to follow, and that simply wouldn't do.

If people began to come down here, it would mean eventually they'd find her. There was still a great curtain of distrust towards people in general that shrouded Andeline's thoughts, making her uncomfortable around them. It wasn't so much the fear of being betrayed as it was the worry that they would exile her even further. There was always the possibility that they would cast her out entirely, leaving her out in the wilderness for fear of her strangeness. Out in that untamned land, there was an even slimmer chance of being able to survive out there. The waterways at least provided a means for food, clothing, and shelter...out there...there was little to nothing.

Her heart raced, though differently than any encounter with the shadowkin--it was beating from terror rather than exhilaration. Was it merely another voice, returning to her mind? Was it an intruder? In either case, the woman worried for her safety. There was only one way to find out, of course...and that was to follow the source of the noise. Slowly, hesitantly, she opened her mouth and replied back.

"Who...who's trespassing?"

She wasn't sure if anything she could do with her strength would scare them (if anyone were even there,) away. She didn't want to hurt anybody who might've wandered down here accidentally, but if she had to keep herself safe...there might not be another option.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:56 am

He knew the sounds of fear when he heard it. Countless old habits came to his mind. Habits that he pushed aside.

He didn't know who this (by the sound of her,) young woman was, but the last thing he was trying to do was scare her. After all, she had reason to be afraid. The Heartless, chiefly. That, and, not all wanderers were the kind sort. With her in a dark, narrow place... Well, if he were her, he'd be afraid, too.

Taking care to move slowly, he took a long step back, putting himself further in the light. The white and black of his outfit were clearer now, and, the copious amounts of jewelry on his person... Rings, earrings, charms of all kinds woven into his hair... Outlandish. Unique.

"Don't be afraid! I'm a friend; I promise."

His smile was soft and genuine. He extended a hand, beckoning the woman closer.

...All the while trying to understand why she sounded so familiar.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:19 am

He stepped into the light, and immediately, she could tell he wasn't a local. He was one of those kinds of people...the ones the normal faces of the town called "The Lost." They often appeared after the vanishing of a star, suddenly and without cause, donning strange clothes and stranger mannerisms. Many of them became part of the town itself, forming into the community without a problem...others left just as quickly and mysteriously as they came, never to be seen again. Most of the people here in town simply didn't question it. They considered themselves polite to mind their own business, and those that appeared and stayed never spoke of the time before they arrived.

There was no mistaking it. The long, bleached hair...the odd clothes, the burnt hue of his skin that made her look a snowman in comparison...the jewelry in a manner that she personally considered in overabundance...A Lost One if she'd ever seen one. As she gleaned at his face, her eyes almost hurt looking straight into his; they were bright blue, sharp enough to pierce into one's soul, and yet there was some spark of a feeling she couldn't place that refused to allow her to look away.

She shifted uncomfortably in her raggedy outfit. By comparison, he was dressed nearly like a king. The only thing she ever wore were the clothes she'd managed to make herself, and none of them were decent. The frock and shawl she wore now were crudely stitched up from leftover twine and curtains she snatched from open windows. Andeline was quite sure she'd never worn a pair of shoes since she'd outgrown the ones she'd run away in, either. Still, in any case, it wasn't the sort of thing she wanted to be seen in...particularly by a stranger, and particularly by a stranger that appeared so...well...pleasing and interesting to look at.

However...there was still a stranger in her waterways. That was unacceptable, no matter how lost this one was. If one person came wandering back all and well, everybody would take it upon themselves to come down here...and that was the very last thing she wanted.
She did the only thing she could think of. Andeline carefully formed what water around her there was into the most intimidating shape her strength could manage, and held it there. Gathering her courage, she went and tried the most malicious voice possible.

"Begone from this place. I will not warn you again, mortal! I don't digest fleshy types well, but I will make an exception if you don't leave at once! None are allowed to traverse these passages."

If she could frighten him off, he was likely to tell other people about the thing he'd encountered. That, most assuredly, would allow her to live peacefully down here until she found some way of being normal again...if such a thing ever were to happen.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:41 am

"Fleshy!?! Well, how very dare you!"

His words spoke of indignation, but his tone betrayed him; she was trying to scare him off, for some reason. He really wished he could find a way to make himself non-threatening. ...The watery construct ahead of her caught him a bit by surprise. He didn't often meet hydromancers talented enough to animate water like that. 

"She was the last one." He thought, to himself.

Shaking off that thought, reasoning that the past wasn't gonna do him any good here, he addressed the young woman, again.

"Look, seriously, come on out. 's getting to be the time of day that the Heartless come out; I wouldn't wanna see anything happen to you."

...Not that he couldn't handle a Heartless, or two.
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:00 am

Under her breath, she cursed. Damn these Lost...some of them were perhaps a little too worldly in that they simply couldn't be unnerved by certain things. A thought came across her that it was possible many of them had seen worse, though Andeline herself couldn't quite understand what could be more frightening than either Heartless or such a strange ability over the elements.

Indignantly, she allowed the water to splash back down, frowning deeply as she shuffled forward out of the shadows. If there were ever such a way to describe a ghostly figure, it was with her appearance. Years of being alone had left Andeline unkempt, to say the least. Her chocolate hair was slovenly, strewn about her knees and splitting every possible place, skin pale from so long away from the sunlight. Though not sickly in her size, there was an apparent lack of bulk to her that clearly showed a great many a day without too much to eat. Even her eyes, she had to admit, were darkened beneath them from undernourishment and little sleep. Far from the means of ugly, Andeline kept her appearance this way for the sheer sake of keeping people away from her. Today was hardly an exception.

At the stranger's commentary, she scoffed haughtily.
"Who do you think protects the common people from the likes of the Shadowkin? There's nobody strong enough to fight for my home than me...I can promise you that. Now...what do you want? I've no time to entertain guests...I've other things to do tonight besides deal with someone who clearly does not know when he is not wanted in one's home!"

She didn't dare to keep her eyes off of this stranger. There was no telling if he were truly friendly, or luring her into a false sense of security. And yet, there was a pang of familiarity that she couldn't quite shake off. He was too strange to be a friend of her childhood...so why was it he wasn't afraid of her, and why was it she had yet to beat him into a pulp?
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:16 am

...Oh, my.

...She looked as familiar as she sounded. But, just the state of her! No, no, no, this wouldn't do at all. He clicked his tongue in disapproval.

"Other things to do, huh? Like food?"

Something struck him about her. He wasn't just sure WHY, but, something about her was WRONG. He couldn't just let her stay like this.

"Okay, look, I get it. You're a strong, independent girl who don't need no man..."

...Did he REALLY just say that?

"But I simply cannot let you go on like this, now that I know about you. You're coming with me, and, we're gonna get you fed, warm, and cleaned up."

He took a couple steps toward the young woman, a warm smile on his face, gentle hand outstretched. 

"I simply won't hear any different!"
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:35 am

Andeline was taken aback at the sudden openness of the stranger. He was also giving her a look that bordered on stunned oggling. Why he was looking her over like that, she couldn't begin to fathom, but it was making her want to turn and flee. Perhaps he was able to see well in the dark, but there was no catching her down here in these tunnels.

She'd tuned him out, since he'd gone to the point of babbling nonsense, until she heard "you're coming with me." Instantly, she bristled.
"I don't care for what you will or will not hear. You've yet to answer my question and I am not leaving this place for any manner of feeding, warming, or cleanliness! I've neither the time nor the need for these things."

Practically snarling, she began to lock up, standing firmly in place as she glowered. Beneath the hair and gristle, Andeline was close to animalistic.
"I am not leaving, and I am certainly not doing so with you. You'll either state your business and be off or I'll have you leave the hard way."

She wasn't entirely sure what kind of damage she was going to be able to do to this man, if any at all. The woman wasn't the kind to openly threaten people, but this one was definitely becoming more and more of a bother as time went on. She didn't trust him--she didn't trust anybody.
Go. Go.

Andeline bit back a groan of pure agitation. On top of this bothersome man, she now had to deal with the specter's voice haunting the back of her mind. As if she didn't already have enough to deal with as it were...the night was approaching and there was no telling who was still out in these dangerous hours.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:33 am

...There. There it was.

He could see it. In her tension. Her agitation. She was filthy, cold, and starved, true... But, she was a warrior. Wound tight like the springs in swiss watches. Honestly, he was a little embarrassed that he'd taken this long to figure it out.

"I see. ...Well, I lived here, once upon a time. Call it an attack of nostalgia. But, if you're heading out for what I think you are?"

A flick of a wrist, a flash of light, and one of the man's most identifying features flashed into existence into his hands. A lovely, ornate golden Keyblade. They weren't uncommon, but, surely she'd know one to look at it. A small dial on his belt buckle he turned with his free hand, and a suit of armor, black and gold, materialized over his form. 

"You could probably use a little bit of heavy firepower."
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Watching the sudden appearance of this weapon, to say the least, stunned Andeline. It was absolutely majestic the way it was brought forth, the eloquent forms it took, the sheer power that radiated from it...there was something, somehow, comforting in looking at the weapon, however odd it appeared.

There were rumors and legends about weapons such as this. Held only by those of pure heart, vied for by many a warrior, this blade of light was a symbol of strength and virtue alike. Its wielders once protected the worlds en masse...until their sudden disappearance. But again, such things were only written as bedtime stories for the young. Andeline had heard that selfsame tale herself as a child, but never thought in her life she'd ever encounter a true icon to it.

"H-how...?"
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 pm

The black, cloth-like mantles that made up the suit billowed gently in the evening breeze, it's semi-matte surface reflecting and diffusing the light which struck it. The various bits of violet crystal, however, fluoresced of their own accord, the facets bending the light ever so slightly. The weapon in his hand seemed to be a stark contrast. Gold, silver, mythril, and crystals, woven together in an expression of the night sky itself. The winged heart motif in the crossguard spoke, somewhat, of the weapon's nature. ...You know, beyond just what the shape itself would tell you.

"Oh, so, you know what this is?" He asked. 

Judging by her reaction, this time around, Keyblades actually were something special, still. Good. There was a lot of power in these weapons; better that they're not in the hands of every teenager with a tragic past and a hateboner for the Heartless.

"Good. That saves me some time explaining."

...Oh, he so rarely got to do this. Playing the role of the mysterious wandering master, wielding powers unimaginable by the common man. He enjoyed it. A flash of memory, however, meant that had to wait.

"Oh, my goodness, where have my manners gone?"

Twirling the weapon in his hand, into a reverse-grip, he bowed ever-so-slightly.

"It's my very good pleasure to meet you. Call me Simon."
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:01 pm

The armor, the weapon...both considered rare in a place like this. In so long of her dwelling here, Andeline had never seen anything like it before. She'd seen her fair share of strangers, but none with such potent strength radiating from them. Such a creation of light was surely what would quell the surge of shadowy darkness here in Traverse Town. The Keyblade, tool of Kingdom Hearts, symbol of hope and blade of protectors...had been little more than a fairy tale to the people of this world for ages. Yet, here it stood before her. A part of her soul hungered for such a power to be her own, but it was clear not anybody could take the strength of the Keyblade.

Narrowing her eyes, she nodded, slowly.
"I know of that weapon...I know of its wielders. I also know not all is as it appears."

After all, as the legend went, warriors vied for the light of Kingdom Hearts, and squabbled over it in a bloody conflict that would ravage whole worlds. There was no telling from which side he came from, but any aid to the side of Darkness was something she was far from welcoming towards. The same type of power that had swallowed up the great source of light, was the very same that threatened the town and its people she cared so dearly for. She would not allow it, not here.

"You have no business down here, Simon, and you're in my way," Andeline grumbled, brushing past him and his etiquette without so much as acknowledging it. "I've no time for you. I've got duties to attend to, and I don't want to see you around here when I get back, either!"

With a flourish of a hand, a spout of water jettisoned her upwards past the underground. Meanwhile, above the surface, a manhole shot several feet above its normal placement as the woman rolled across the cobblestone. The metal disk clattered back into its hole, ringing with the impact as it finally settled. Andeline's eyes scanned the area cautiously. There didn't seem to be anybody out in Second District tonight. The bitter nip of the winter air crept upon her skin, forming bumps in response. It had snowed but only a few days ago, and yet the streets were still mildly soaked from the encounter. Ice formed in pools and puddles, sending frost cascading across windows and lampposts alike. She could see every breath in the air as it vanished into oblivion. The chill made her body numb, but she hardly seemed to mind; Andeline was too occupied with the hunt.

In a cat-like tread, the woman stalked through the shadows of alleys, peering around corners cautiously and sprinting across open areas with an impressive amount of speed. The Heartless were not clever, and they were not strong, but they were often numerous and swarmed targets with urgency. Spotting where they were was difficult most times--they were not normal creatures--in the same way one might hunt game, one could not hunt down the Shadowkin. No, tracking them down required a sense of hearing rather than a trail...for the shadows left no trace of where their kind may have once lingered. The Heartless were not cunning...but they were quite keen with the art of stealth, and that above all things made them particularly dangerous.

So far, however, there seemed to be no sound in the air when she put her ear to the wind. All was strangely calm in the districts for now. The creatures of darkness were not always in Traverse Town...their visits were not daily, and they followed no strict pattern of arrival...keeping vigil was simply part of what the woman considered as her duty. Perhaps she was not welcome in the normal lives of the citizens, but she would always consider herself their guardian.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:36 am

(YOU should feel bad? It's been weeks since I posted!)

Huh. Well.

He couldn't really blame her for being so terse with him. She had, in her mind, a job to do. He wasn't certain of the wisdom of turning down an ally, one who could really be of help, but, he was in no place to judge. He'd been young and stupid once, too, convinced that the lone wolf path was the best one. Best to leave the youth to the business of the young. Not even thinking to banish his armor, he began walking out to the main square; maybe he could still get a late-night bite. His slow wandering, looking rather carefree, led him out into the First Discrict, where he sat in the open-air patio of the café. Which was closed, but, he seemed too lost in thought to care.

It had been a long, long time since he’d been there, but, he could still remember the moment like it was yesterday Sitting there, with his old friend and fellow regent, MCP Jet, talking shop over bottles of beer and rice wine, only to be joined by his late wife. …Sad as the memories could still be, he still treasured the good times. Simon actually laughed out loud, remembering how the blood drained from his face when he realized Pinky was-

…The sound of laughter died in his throat as realization hit him. The waterway girl… A blue-eyed, brunette hydromancer… But, more than that… She was almost an exact copy. …But, then, why didn’t she recognize him straightaway?

…Reincarnation! Of course! He’d known many in his life with the same problem! Until you really get used to it, memories don’t always carry over well. And, some people NEVER get used to it! It was her, he was sure of it! And, he knew a way to find out, too. Memories are never truly gone. Much like drowned worlds… They merely sleep.

Springing up from his chair all at once, upending the table, he dashed out into the center of the First District. A few small buttons on his belt depressed, and, his armor flashed, briefly. When the light dissipated, brand-new silvery add-ons had been affixed to it. Claws on the hands and feet. An overhelm styled after a dragon. And a pair of animate wings, and a similarly animate tail, affixed to his back. He beat his wings, hard, launching himself into the air. Each wingbeat carried him higher and higher, until he could soar over the city with ease. From his birds-eye viewpoint, he began scanning the ground beneath him, flying slowly through each district. There weren’t that many people out. It couldn’t be TOO hard to find her…
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:53 am

In the similar manner of a predator, Andeline stalked through the alleyways near Second District. Her senses were sharply attuned to the movement of every little thing around her; the lights above, the bustle of the wind, the echoing nature of her footsteps. The Heartless were a quiet species...they lurked in the darkness, silently looming after their next victim. To find them before they struck took caution, care, and awareness...

Andeline breathed a sigh of relief. There were no people out tonight. It seemed it was too cold, even for stragglers. Though the air nipped at the skin through her clothes, she felt it well worth the effort. So long as she were still able, she would ensure these beasts had no fill of the innocent here. She had hoped, over the years, that her efforts would enforce their ilk to leave Traverse Town for good...but despite her best, still they crept, consuming the hearts of those who wandered foolishly in the dusk.

Her ears remained on guard, keeping close tabs on every breath she exhaled, and the quiet calm of the night. So far, there had been no incidents to speak of. Perhaps tonight would be a serene one...it would offer her at least enough time to find something to eat, she hoped. The pains in her stomach were not so easily ignored after the second day without a meal. Still, there was too much work to be done to think of it. Her priorities were lined to place others well before her own means.
Right. It's what a Guardian does. It's our way.

Andeline ignored the voice, returning silently to her duties. The clamor of an alley cat scurrying across her path caught her interest, but what such thing could startle it? It hadn't been her approach...she'd been too far away to trigger a response.
It was then that a shadow, quick as lightning, zipped overhead. To the wary eye, it appeared a form of black bat, a monster of the skies. However, its shape was different than any manner of Wryvern that she'd ever seen before, and the flying specimen of Heartless, while taking similar form, weren't nearly as quick to move. No, this was some other manner of threat. The woman's heart beat nervously, almost in her throat with the anticipation of what may have come next.

She was too far from any grates to access the water, and as far as she knew, no manner of ordinary weapon could harm these creatures. The Heartless were a mystical lot of monster...what could harm man, could just as easily passed through their kind without so much as a scratch. The Moogles had yet to inhabit Traverse Town at this point in time--Andeline had no manner of weapon to defend herself with. Her heart struck with a twinge of fear. While brave she may have been, she knew it was foolish not to have fear, too. Fear was what kept you alive.

With surprising quickness, the gutter churl ducked behind a group of crates for cover, making sure she didn't corner herself. Knowing your exits, and when to exit, was just as important as knowing how to swing a blade. She dare not make a sound, staying stock still. Her breath slowed to near nothingness, controlled and precise, so that she might not give away her position. Whatever dared to stalk the skies, should it dare to land, would soon know not to trespass on her grounds.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:46 pm

There!

He couldn't be sure of what it was from this height, but, SOMETHING down there moved. Folding his wings against him, the Foreteller entered a rapid dive, heading straight for the center of the square. Normally, his decent would be more graceful, controlled... But, right now, appearances be damned. If he was right, someone very, VERY important was in this town. And he couldn’t lose her. Not again. Dust kicked up as he landed, heavily, and was just as easily dispersed by a wingbeat. His silver and black super-armor, he realized, may come off as a bit intimidating. The massive, draconian shell which covered him dissolved into nothingness with all due haste. So, there he stood. Vulnerable, and without any real sign of hostility. He called out, softly.

…I know you’re here, miss. Come out, I’m not going to hurt you. I just… …There’s something we need to discuss. Something important.

Simon was no fool; from the way she acted before, he knew she was far too paranoid to just take him at his word. He needed more. …So, it was time to test his theory.

I know you’re curious! How I looked so familiar, even though you’ve never met me, before!

…If he was right… …And, he truly hoped he was. But, if he was right, that would get her attention. …Assuming she was actually in earshot. For all he knew, he could be about to be ambushed by a Heartless. …Of course, most any Heartless, he could deal with. He wasn’t concerned with those monsters, now. His concern was the one who hunted them. Simon cast his gaze to where he’d detected the movement.

I trust I have your attention?
Simon
Simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raid Controller Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Ah, there it was, whatever it was. Andeline felt her body become rigid with the precursor for a strike as the creature landed. It was bulky, large, brimming with viciousness and--

And it was the gods-damned suit of armor that Simon man had been wearing. Under her breath, she huffed in annoyance. There had been ample amount of people, both men and women, who'd tried to pursue her in the belief that merely because she was hungry and homeless, that she was vulnerable...or willing to do near about anything for a meal.
She was neither, and reminded anybody who mistook her for such quickly. This man however, she knew was stronger than she was. She could sense it, like a strange, ominous aura. There was no fighting him, particularly without a weapon to combat the Keyblade he held, and no water to focus in his direction. For the moment, she was nearly as helpless as the people she was attempting to protect.

He began jabbering on again, and the woman rolled her eyes. This one was not a soul for giving up so easily, was he? Dressed in the way he was, powerful as she felt he could be, was there simply no way to get a woman for his own other than preying on ones such as herself? Or was he so infatuated with the dirty and underfed? In either case, Andeline was not willing to comply. Whether or not he was actually going to hurt her, was irrelevant. She had other things to do before the sun came back up, and he was wasting her time.

“I know you’re curious! How I looked so familiar, even though you’ve never met me, before!”

That took her aback. Yes, he had seemed....prosaic to her. Why had not crossed her mind. She didn't care to think on it. How, though, had he known that feeling? She knew she hadn't expressed any sense of wontedness towards him; if nothing else, she'd gone well out of her way to ensure he'd never come looking for her again. Could he have so easily read the expressions on her face to tell of her wondered interest when they'd first ran into one another? Could one be so easily attuned to the feelings of others so quickly?

Still, there was no time for waiting around. There were three other districts to tend to. But he was blocking her path. Under her breath, she cursed. Andeline was quite sure she couldn't run past him; she was slow to move as it were, despite her light weight. Even if he were as strong as she, there was a low chance of her making it...but as he clearly was not, she knew there was only one way to go beyond this point...and that was to go through him.

Sullenly, quietly seething with annoyance, Andeline rose from her covert spot, and trekked over towards the man. The expression she wore was near short of a death glare.
"If you are so insistent on following me where'er I go, keep with me and talk as you please. Keep me from my rounds, and the blood of any soul I miss saving'll be well on your hands for slowing me down." She peered over his shoulders, towards the Third District.
"What are you going on about? Speak quickly, and move quickly as it were...the night is still young."

With that, she began sprinting towards her next destination, eyes keen for hunting her prey, and ears hoping she'd not have to listen too much longer to his gentleman's jabbering.
Raid Controller
Raid Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down