MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open)

2 posters

Go down

Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) Empty Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open)

Post by Hugh Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:37 pm

The first domino to fall under Hugh's control would be Destiny Islands.

Yes, even this world was infested with the Heartless. As he walked along the sandy shores, he felt the world pulsate under his feet, with each grain. Yes, there was Light. An almost paralyzing amount, in fact. But still, shadows persisted, as did the vile creatures that accompanied them. His Keyblade was at the edge of oblivion, waiting to be called and to purge the entire world of the monsters - and Hugh would have loved nothing better.

But first, the Chieftain and Hugh would have to talk about the current state of the world, may they talk with words or steel. Hopefully, the Chief would allow Hugh to simply go to the Keyhole and lock it, sealing it off from the rest of the worlds and banishing all of the Heartless from it.

Now, there were many, many ways to get the Chief's attention. Destroying his world would be sort of interesting. Perhaps summoning the Dragon King to devour the ocean. But, Hugh's better judgement got the best of him, and he simply began circling the island, stopping at establishments along the mainland and spreading word of a traveling swordsman who wished to have military talks with the Chief, 'Mifune'.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) Empty Re: Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open)

Post by Fade Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:01 am

Mifune had been quietly studying the island across from the waters, not the island-town. A place where kids and adults liked to go, but when he recieved word that a shady individual was searching fo him, he packed up and went home. Jason was currently waiting at the hillside into town. He appeard puzzled. Maybe he sensed something strange? Who knows but all Mifune could do was be nervous. He was just a teenager after all, he hadn't asked for this political shit. The officials just gave it to him and he accepted.  

Making his way into town he let Jason fall back. When he got up into village-ish streets he spotted the only character who didn't fit this world quite well. Mifune thought his skin looked kinda gross, but it was also cool. The way it held itself together made the guy look creepy though. 

"Yo, I'm Mifune. You've been looking for me right?" The boy walked over, he pulled a bag of jerky from a pouch warn over his person. It held some snacks and other things that Mifune took along with him when exploring. "Want a piece?" The boy offered the stranger as he held the bag outward. The chief was pretty hungry and it would've been rude to eat in front of someone if they too were hungry. The Chieftan always tried to be polite like that~

Fade
The Adventurer

Directory : Test of Mettle (Mifune/Open) Tumblr_njzdvl3ofQ1tzc02qo1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:48 pm

Hugh turned and lazily gazed at the boy, half-registering what he was saying. As the Nobody's eyes rested on the bag of jerky, he held back a scoff, then spoke. "I don't eat." The words sprinkled into the air as dry as sand, as tough as rock, as rough as gravel. He looked over the boy with distaste - a young simpleton with seemingly no experience and no guard. Behind his eyes, no wisdom sparkled, no intelligence gleamed, no passion flared. The boy just existed, which stoked flames of anger from Hugh's fresh heart, his apathy pierced by rage.

Hugh turned and walked towards the shore, closer, so that his feet were in the water. It was an enjoyable, familiar feeling - but the water was also frightening. The abyss seemed like a cemetery, deep and eternal, strange yet familiar - it had a welcoming chill about it.

"Mifune, what would you do if the world came under attack right now? What if, lets say, I were to want to take your throne and shut off your world from the others? All of the Heartless, Nobodies - gone. The world would finally be at peace, and the people would never have to worry, in a snowglobe as pretty and pristine as delicate glass. What would you say to that? Is your throne, your people, or their freedom most important? Cower, or fight... or perhaps you're just a yellow-belly pretending to be a big 'ol leader." Hugh said, his back completely exposed to Mifune, his guard dropped intentionally. Hugh wanted to know if the threat and insult would stoke some action from the boy.

Last edited by Hugh on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing color)
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Fade Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:54 pm

The shady guy would respond, his answering being a no. He said he didn't eat? What was life without food (e.e)... Mifune couldn't think of it. Life was all about taking risks for the teenager. But it was more than that also, and recieving only the highest quality of enjoyments was what he undoubtly preferred. 

He liked being Chieftan it was no lie. People loved him. He didn't have to claw at recongnition like he did in Olympus. And too peak off everything... All the stresses that worried the common man were no longer his. He had responsibility, sure. But food was a luxury, Mifune was slowly learning to favor these luxuries. It was greedy of him yes. But he was no role-model; matter of factly he was just a kid. All of his opinions would be biased, it was the spoken truth.

So... it didn't take long for the boy to feel a bit offended when this outsider led him to the waters and threatened him with questions. The Chieftan was a good person, he always kept the peoples best interests at heart. So closing the world off from destruction would be in their benefit. But then he would lose his luxuries, his recongnition... Hmm, a trick question? Mifune concluded that it was. He answered with the most honest thing he could muster. First he scooped up jerky though and stuffed it in his mouth from the bag.

"I would tell you no... I would not let you take my people or my political title away, because inside I truly believe that I am enough to protect them. This is a peaceful world, it isn't attacked often, not even by heartless. Nobodies? As far as I know they don't eat hearts, they aren't a threat. Plus I have an army. I can defend them without your help. If your implying I resign, then you had the wrong idea bruh. I'm no pushover." The Chief ate another bite or two of jerky, as he turned away to walk on back to town. "You ask which is the most important? My people's freedom, freedom to travel the stars and do what they please. While also being taken care of. That in my mind is most important... So I think you have your answer stranger." Mifune felt both annoyed and confused. He cared enough about these people. He provided them safety. He didn't need someone else to steal his glory and life to do the same. What kinda person asks someone that? 

Obviously Scar-face back there, Mifune shrugged it off and walked on towards the hill to town. (e'.'e)

Fade
The Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Hugh realized that the boy was just a boy, and as a boy, he was ultimately stupid. He turned, swiftly and silently, to find Mifune walking away, his back turned.

Fool.

Raising a single finger towards the Chieftain's back, he unleashed a wave of magical energy in the form of a small beam, Hugh's mighty Sword [-50 MP, +1 Magic Counter]. He refrained from activating the matrix of electricity, his engine, because he saw no reason for overkill. The attack shouldn't kill or even hurt Mifune too badly, but that was assuming that the boy was on the same level as Hugh was constitution-wise. A world leader should be on the same level as the Nobody - but the attack would still hurt someone on his level to some extent, and it would indicate that the fight had started.

The beam traveled moderately slowly, but still quickly enough for the beam to move the distance between them in a moment - if Mifune somehow was able to sense the attack, for he could not see him, Hugh would simply move his finger to follow him and the beam would catch him, if everything went as planned.

Hugh was sad that the buildings behind the chieftain would also be destroyed, as the attack would continue after the target. Too bad.

(450 MP Remaining, 1 Magic Counter)
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Fade Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Everythingh happened so fast... Mifune had been walking practically normal until it happened as the power slapped his skin he emmited magic to empower his endurance for the rest of the event. Obviously this stranger had turned hostile, but their was no time to move. He had to mentally expended some power to increase his endurance and that was all he could do really. The impact of the beam sent him flying into a nearby building, he literally broke the wooded door/wall down, he hadn't been knocked out but he was shocked beyond what he should've been. His head ached.

No..

His head buzzed and was dazed but he didn't really feel the pain there, too much was elsewhere. The surprise attack had certainly been a cheap one the only logic was that his body blocked off pain with other pains... Mifune was tryin currently to willing his body to move. It took a second though he tried to raise up, he felt a rib broken amd his arm had twisted painfully, probably broken as well. He kinda just stood there in the rubble of the buildings front. "Ow... ow! ouch." He winced in confusion, in pain. Mifune's eyes were angry as he searched visually for Hugh. A fiery hatred was foming for the douche, though nonetheless... Moving wasn't an option currently.

Fade
The Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:40 am

Hugh scoffed and stepped out of the shallow waters the shore, disappointing at the leaders lack of ability. He expected Mifune to come back swinging or something, anything but just laying their. Well, not everyone could be somebody strong. Some people were just destined to be Nobody's.

Hero's Triumph echoed into existence, flashing with a brilliant light before the sand - it tugged Hugh's essence towards another island, nearby but too far too swim. His Keyblade was tossed in front of him and transformed into the Glider, the knight jumping onto the vehicle and heading towards the islands with the World's Heart.

--

Eventually, Hugh found himself in a cave. Hero's Triumph screamed, practically: This was the location. This was where it resided. Entering the poorly lit domain, Hugh found himself in an empty expanse - moldy, cramped, and vacant. The world had a poor choice of location, in Hugh's opinion. He preferred somewhere nice, like the beach, or a canopy, basically anything that wasn't a dark, damp, cave.

Either way, Hugh grasped his Keyblade, prepared to do the job at hand.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:03 am

The creature struck at Hugh's side, his peripheral viewing the oddly familiar creature as if it were in slow-motion. In a quick pivot, the Keyblade slashed in a wide arc, tearing the flesh away from the chest of the Heartless and causing the smokey blood to begin flowing as it filled the chamber. The being screamed in agony, its essence being spilled onto the ground. Still, it regained its footing, charging again for another battering.

With a simple motion, Hugh dropped his chest towards the ground and thrust Hero's Triumph into where the heart would be located on a somebody, where the Nobody stored his own heart. Light flashed and illuminated the entire cavern, but still the stain of darkness pressed forward, moving towards Hugh and further impaling himself against its own bane. As it got within arm's distance, it raised a claw high, as if to swipe, and brought it down at a decelerating speed. By the time it neared Hugh's face, it was more of a grab. The clawed appendage gripped Hugh's face, hard, and they held eye contact for some time, the light growing brighter as the pureblood began to melt away. The grip was so tight, in fact, that blood was drawn from Hugh's cheeks, though they were harmless scratches.

The eyes gave a sense of familiarity, as did the face. It reminded Hugh of his own, if not disfigured and grotesque, his hair not burnt unevenly from acid. Flashes of the Nobody's day of birth came rushing back, his true day of birth - seeing this creature, cowering, conniving, craven, crude, cruel, and seeing himself. He urged to forget - a fool, he was, to seek power from Darkness, a man in pursuit of power. The Heartless, Azmot, scurried off, but Hugh remembered. All of the seeking he had done, all of the power he craved, and he felt nothing for it, or anything else. Hugh sat in a dark alleyway, pleading himself to forget, to escape, to not be haunted by the stains of his memory, his heart. And so it was. Through sheer will alone, the erasure of his past took form in repression, and the element that birthed him morphed his face into something unrecognizable, so that he would never remember; if he could see his face, he would remember all he had done.

And in remembering it, Hugh sought escape. He couldn't just forget, again. Hugh pondered resolution as the Heartless faded into the light, oblivion, peace. Oh, he sought peace. As he thought, the felt Hero's Triumph press against his chest. Death was peace, in a way. Not knowing was peace, in a form or fashion. Ignorance was bliss. Hugh just needed an out - he was angst-ridden in any form, it seemed. Hopefully, he would escape this curse eventually.

I guess I won't be saving any worlds, Rone. Sorry.

The Keyblade ripped through the muscles surrounding his heart and pierced the organ they protected, turning so that he could 'unlock' it from this accursed vessel.

Little did he know, his heart would be a stowaway, new in itself but lacking an origin. So, it went with its sibling, finding the namesake of Hugh's dark counterpart and settling their, for the time being.
Hugh
Hugh
Azmot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down