MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Retributive Stopza EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Retributive Stopza EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Retributive Stopza EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Retributive Stopza EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Retributive Stopza EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Retributive Stopza EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Retributive Stopza EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Retributive Stopza EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Retributive Stopza EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Retributive Stopza

2 posters

Go down

Retributive Stopza Empty Retributive Stopza

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Ability Name: (Retributive Stopza)
Ability Type: (Targeted)
Ability Cost: (N/A)
Ability Cooldown: (M/a)
Ability Element: (Time)
Ability Description: ([i]This ability can only be used when SoR has over 15 stacks of Retributive Theory. This ability can only be used once per topic. Hayden designates a target, and expels MP from as many of his currently active MP Pools as he designates. Each MP Pool that is purged grants one stack of Retributive Theory. Hayden may designated individuals by target or touch who have been affected by this ability and release them from its effects prematurely. Doing so will grant him one stack of Retributive Theory for each post waived. For each pool purged, this ability's effect intensifies as follows:
  1. When one pool is purged, the target is time-locked for ten posts. They will not experience the passage of time in any fashion for these ten posts. Nothing that is inflicted or applied to them can be applied until after these ten posts are up, and everything that is inflicted or applied to them during these ten posts will be delivered unto them once these ten posts are up. While they are under the effects of this ability they take moderately increased damage from all sources and the benefits of healing are slightly reduced.
  2. When two pools are purged, the target is time-locked for twenty posts. They will not experience the passage of time in any fashion for these posts. Nothing that is inflicted or applied to them can be applied until after these posts are up, and everything that is inflicted or applied to them during these posts will be delivered unto them once these posts are up. While they are under the effects of this ability they take severely increased damage from all sources and the benefits of healing are moderately reduced. During this time period, damage resistance is ignored from all sources except armor.
  3. When three pools are purged, the target is time-locked for thirty posts. They will not experience the passage of time in any fashion for these posts. Nothing that is inflicted or applied to them can be applied until after these posts are up, and everything that is inflicted or applied to them during these posts will be delivered unto them once these posts are up. While they are under the effects of this ability they take extremely increased damage from all sources and the benefits of healing are severely reduced. During this time period, damage resistance is ignored from all sources except armor and further while an individual is under the effect of Retributive Stopza, Hayden gains a stack of Retributive Theory for each.

Last edited by Seeker of Retribution on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:42 pm; edited 5 times in total

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Retributive Stopza Empty Re: Retributive Stopza

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:05 am

Bump to 30 MP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:21 am

Edited

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:23 am

Approved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:09 pm

The following changes have been made
  • Changed name from Stopza to Retributive Stopza
  • Increased cost from 30 to 575 MP
  • Increased cool down from 10 to 30 posts
  • Increased duration from 5 to 30 posts
  • Elaborated further on the basic functions of Stop as to prevent confusion
  • Added that those afflicted by Retributive Stopza take increased damage and receive less benefits from healing effects while under the effect of the ability
  • Added that those afflicted by Retributive Stopza lose all damage resistance that does not come from armor
  • Added that Hayden is capable of freeing people from the effects of Retributive Stopza either through targeting them or by making physical contact

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:18 pm

Due to the nature of this possibly being able to one shot I am currently deiciding between the possibility of 1000mp and higher
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 pm

My math was that if I had just kept it at only stopping people, for this cost it would have been around 96 posts if scaled. That's before I increased the cool down, which probably would have been able to justify well over 100 posts of being stopped. Currently, being stopped for 30 posts is the equivalent of being stopped for 180 seconds, or three minutes. In a single battle, being hit with stop is already a huge detriment, and I could possibly insta-KO somebody with just five posts depending on what I have available to me. If mere possibility is enough to more than double the cost, then most time magic would be unusable by even the lowest tier of characters effectively. The main restriction of time magic is increased cool down, which this follows. If the cool down must be raised, that could be a point of discussion. But the MP cost is easily justified for what it is, I do wholly believe.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm

I understand your points and you make a fair assumption here, however the mp is a big condition especially with the element time and truth be told I believe time is an ineffective element for those of the lower tier

The math you have shown me makes sense especially with the past ability cost however due to the other effects needs to be increased

As well the cooldown needs to be increased as well possibly adding 20 posts
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:40 pm

I believe if I am to greatly raise the cost significantly then the cool down should remain. If I am to raise the cool down by twenty posts, then any increase in cost should be absolutely minimal. I'll need to know what you were thinking in terms of cost.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:42 pm

At most the increase will be 25-50 based on your arguemeng a and that's understandable
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:45 pm

I increased the cost to 650, and increased the cool down to 50.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Going to think on this one for the night
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:28 pm

Approved
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:42 pm

So... awkward. You approved this while I was editing it to be more thematically in line with what the rest of my abilities were doing.

Ha. Haha. Ha. Haaaaaaa.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Reviewing
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:53 am