MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Unmatched Guile EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Unmatched Guile EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Unmatched Guile EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Unmatched Guile EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Unmatched Guile EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Unmatched Guile EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Unmatched Guile EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Unmatched Guile EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Unmatched Guile EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Unmatched Guile

3 posters

Go down

Unmatched Guile Empty Unmatched Guile

Post by Serenae Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

Base Ability: Serenae gains the ability to blend seamlessly into her surroundings, unable to be discovered by any traditional or augmented senses. She is able to maintain this state indefinitely, but can only enter this state as long as she is currently unable to be sensed by any characters. Serenae can still be affected by spells and abilities that would cause AoE damage, which would remove her from this state.
Base Ability Cool Down: 5 posts

Tier One
1st Skill: Serenae cannot be selected as the target for any spell that requires targeting.
2nd Skill: Serenae gains the ability to fly and levitate at will. By extension, she can pair this with her high speed and agility to increase her maneuverability in combat exponentially.
3rd Skill: Serenae gains heightened senses and is now able to detect and track characters exceedingly well. She can mark characters, giving them a lilac glow(that only she can see) which she can see through walls. This form of detection is counted as a sense of it's own, not an augmentation to sight. She can see marked characters up to 1 mile away, though may have difficulties doing so due to how small the person would appear a mile away. If Serenae were to be afflicted with blindness, this ability would be rendered unusable for the duration.
Now You See Me: If Serenae is struck by an attack of any form, her body exudes a potent cloud of smoke, breaking line of sight, muffling sound, and overcoming smell. This opens opportunities for her to counter attack an opponent or a chance to escape. The volume of smoke is approximately 125 cubic feet(5x5x5 feet).
5th Skill: Serenae's DP is increased by 1 per 2 character tiers, starting with 1 DP increase at tier 1 and ending with 3 DP increase at tier 5.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Serenae's maximum MP is increased by 25 per character tier.
2nd Skill: Serenae is now immune to auras.
Silver Tongue: While active, Serenae becomes incredibly persuasive to anyone she communicates with, whether that be through telepathy or speech. This effect works increasingly better the lower the person's character tier is compared to Serenae's.
4th Skill: Serenae gains a moderate speed boost. For every successive attack she lands, the boost stacks onto itself.

Tier Three
1st Skill: Serenae designates a point. All characters within 15 feet of the point she selected are transformed in a way of her choosing. This can be complete transfiguration into an object ranging from tiny(ant) to moderate(elephant) in size, a physical change deforming them, gender swapping, or any other physical changes. All characters in the selected area would be subject to the same effects, chosen at the time of cast. This leaves the characters affected alive and with personalities that are magically expressible through whatever natural means they have, or an artificial means(IE Beast's Castle furniture) if they don't have a natural one after transfiguration. If an aspect of them is changed, for example shrunk their arms or made their hair grow ridiculously long, their body mass would adjust accordingly. The effect lasts for 5 posts and the cool down starts once the effects end. Cooldown of 10 posts.
2nd Skill: Any spell Serenae casts is effectively calculated as having it's normal strength and buffs. Her spells are treated as though their costs were not modified.
3rd Skill: Serenae's Speed gains a severe boost. While on MP cooldown, Serenae's Agility is boosted by the same amount.

Tier Fourth
1st Skill: Serenae gains the ability to completely metamorphose herself. She can adjust any aspect of her appearance, including eye color, hair length, height, gender, body shape, age, and any other physical changes. By extension, she can shape-shift into various other forms with no benefit other than altered appearance. She is adept enough at doing this that it takes fractions of a post to change her appearance.
2nd Skill: Upon casting a spell, Serenae restores 40% of the effective cost of the spell. This amount is rounded up to the nearest 5 MP.

Tier Five
1st Skill: Full plant control. Of like everything plant. Generating, growing, killing them, manipulating, anything plants can do. This includes creating plant matter from thin air with which to use. Any plants directly under the effect of this ability are much more resistant to hazardous conditions, including freezing, burning, lack of air, lack of light, etc. Their hardiness is returned to normal upon no longer being subjected to this ability. Serenae can generate any genus and species of plant she is aware of existing.

Last edited by Serenae on Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 16 times in total
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Directory : Character Directory
Timeline : Character Timeline

Back to top Go down

Unmatched Guile Empty Re: Unmatched Guile

Post by Game Master Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Base Ability needs a cool down. How would a person remove you from invisibility?

Abilities that make you unable to be targeted may not be toggled off.

No flight that augments speed in Tier One.

You aren't going to get an ability that auto-corrects spell power at Tier One.

I denied a similar skill to the one that allows you to change your elements abilities, and ultimately it had to change its form. I am not allowing you to bypass elemental immunities.

Silver Tongue is a roleplay based skill and unless you are actually good at persuading people, don't expect them to listen. In the same vein, you would not be able to convince a person to do something they normally would not do. If a person chose to ignore the effects of this skill, staff would not necessarily be able to call them on it.

Define Debilitating Effects because that is far too broad.

Noting that in order for you to track other characters, you would need to designate them as a target.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Edited.

Was not aware of that. Edited.

Will fix near the end of approval, may end up changing it's tier and/or functionality.

What tier would be required for that ability?

The one before let me select a primary element and absorb things of that element. This one is similar in functionality but adjusts my own spell elements. Contemplating changes.

My character style does inherently utilize persuasion, and I would be RPing around this ability. Given the rough nature and potential for godmodding(in the form of controlling another person's character), it wouldn't be effective in making people do things they wouldn't, only make them more likely to do things the way my character wants them to.

Debuffs.

Noted.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:05 am

I would say Tier 3 Minimum.

You are going to need to state Debuffs clearly in the ability.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:39 am

Multiple tweaks and changes made, needs re-evaluated. Should cover everything talked about so far.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm not allowing you full immunity to all Debilitating affects at Tier 3. That would include everything from a general stat debuff to poison to stop effects. That is far too broad an umbrella.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Edited.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:06 am

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Missed a slot before, updated now.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:57 am

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:00 am

Vetoing game masters approval. Serenae already had two immunities, therefore, cannot add an additional aura immunity.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:15 am

I completely missed that I had two already. Removed one and replaced it with what is now T3 S1.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:23 pm

You're going to need some limitations. For example, largest and smallest they can become? Also, the effect would need a duration before they revert. Keep in mind, cool-downs begin after the effect has ended.

Also, 10 feet is puny, feel free to make worthy of being an AoE.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 am

Edited. The small AoE was because I want it to be focused on a certain individual or small group of people. It also affects allies so if it's too large it can be a rather large handicap.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:05 am

That's fair, however, you're going to need more specificity.

What are the limitations of 'a way of your choosing'? Different sizes? What is the smallest size, and what is the largest size they can be? Can you turn them into animals and objects? You included gender and appearance, but can you change their body's composition?
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:24 am

All characters in the selected area would be subject to the same effects, chosen at the time of cast. For example if I said "Right leg shrunk by a foot", then everyone inside the area would be subject to their right leg being 1 foot shorter for the duration of the effect.

The size scale is based on visual size, so potentially anything from an ant(tiny) to an elephant(moderate) in size.

I could choose animals or objects, for example the furniture in Beast's Castle.

By body composition, I assume you're asking if I can make them larger or smaller and they'd maintain an appropriate density for a realistic object. In which case yes. For example, if I turned people into a full grown elephant they'd weigh approx 15 thousand pounds. If I changed an aspect of them, for example shrunk their arms or made their hair grow ridiculously long, their body mass would adjust accordingly.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:51 am

Edit in the information accordingly and you'll be good to go.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 am

Edited.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 am

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Updated.

T4 S2 reworked.

T5 S1 fleshed out to define the capabilities of the ability better.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:41 pm

To Clarify the 3rd Skill or T1, if you were to lose your sight it should be noted that even if counted as a separate physical sense, because it is dependent on your eyes functioning than obviously if something occurred that prevented that function (I don't mean a wall or a smoke cloud) this ability would still be rendered moot.

A reminder for you and others who would review this approval: that Silver Tongue is completely roleplay based, and nobody is forced or required to follow it. If you present something a person is opposed to, something a person wouldn't normally do, or even something a person slightly distrusts or dislikes if you can not in character provide something that could actually be persuasive, they will not be inclined to listen to you. This may have more leeway with NPCs, but in certain situations some NPCs will either disregard you if they aren't intelligent enough to understand, and some will be more loyal to their leader and their world. This is all obvious of course, but should be stated again just so that there are no misinterpretations.

For the fourth tier transformation ability, please note that while their is no stated volumetric limitation there are logical ones. For instance, Serenae could not shapeshift into a volcanoe. This is moon-based physical shapeshifting, and while its applications are great and broad to the point that I won't force a numerical limitation that compromises the use of the ability, I must state the obvious outright once more for use of others who observe this approval.

Everything else is in order. Unless there is something you or another approvalist would like to address, approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Clarified T1 S3. Should be checked to make sure the additional clarification is fine.

Any use of said ability would not allow me to sway someone's opinion to do anything they would be opposed to doing in the first place. It merely would allow me to, with permission from said player of any PCs, give myself the benefit of bolstering something neutral to a favorable outcome or favorable one to an even more favorable outcome. Said 'victim' would also need to be sentient and capable of communication.

Noted.. Uh, I was pretty sure that was obvious though. In all honesty the point of said ability is largely infiltration and concealment. IE disguise myself as a castle guard or a different PC.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 am

Unfortunately the edit doesn't change the ruling. If she were to be blinded, the ability clearly states that she sees the individual. If her vision is impaired, this ability is also impaired regardless whether or not it has already marked a person. This ability is tier one furthermore, meaning I won't let change from sight-based detection to a supernatural blind sense that ranges a mile radius.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenae Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:43 pm

Edited.
Serenae
Serenae
Master Serenae