MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Blood and Water EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Blood and Water EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Blood and Water EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Blood and Water EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Blood and Water EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Blood and Water EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Blood and Water EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Blood and Water EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Blood and Water EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Blood and Water

3 posters

Go down

Blood and Water Empty Blood and Water

Post by Charlotte Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Angelic Presence: The user in this skill tree gains their own Meta Designation: Celestial Being. Negative Statuses cannot hold on the Celestial Being. If an ability that inflicts a Negative Status Effect is used on an ally in range, then the entire ability is reflected back to the caster. The Range is fifty feet. This is an aura effect.
Base Ability Cool Down: N/A

Tier One
Zone of Purity: Heartless within the Range of Angelic Presence continuously take Moderate Light-Elemental damage while in this area.
Baneful Presence: Creatures with the Heart element of Darkness within the Range of Angelic Presence deal slightly reduced damage against the Celestial Being and its Allies.
Shun the Night: Any creature of Darkness afflicted by a debuff due to the effect of Angelic Presence sees that debuff's duration increase by an amount equivalent to the base ability's reduction.
Light's Hand: Angelic Presence affects Debuffs in the same manner as Negative Status Effects.
Lockdown: Any enemy within Angelic Grace's range can be afflicted with a stun effect lasting two posts. Cool Down: 3 posts.

Tier Two
Light Compels: If the Celestial Being makes any form of contact with an individual, they can trigger this ability. That individual takes slight damage, and is immobilized for two posts. Additionally, the character afflicted is under the effect of a mental daze, and will find it difficult to use magic. Cool Down is Four Posts.
Stone the Heretics: If the Celestial Being makes any form of contact with an individual who has the Heart Element of Darkness, they can trigger this ability. That Individual is turned to stone for two posts. In this form, they can not be destroyed unless additionally KO'd. In addition, they take moderate light damage ever post they are in that form. Cool Down is Four Posts.
Pull: Within range of Angelic Being, all enemies are pulled within ten feet of the Celestial Being. Cool Down: Ten Posts.
Burn the Witch: Within 10 feet of Charlotte, a burst of light erupts from the ground and deals moderate damage to those within range. It also stuns them for a single post. Being with a Heart Element of Darkness are turned to stone for a single post. Cool Down: Five Posts.

Tier Three
Stillness in Awe: When a foe treads within 10 Feet of the Celestial Being, cool downs do not reduce or increase for any reason. The Celestial Being is not prone to this fact. This is a Punishment Effect.
Absolute Territory: When a foe treads within 10 Feet of the Celestial Being, all damage dealt by a being whose Heart Element is darkness is reduced by a severe amount, while the Celestial Being and her allies gain severe damage resistance. This is Punishment Effect.
Divine Wrath: When a foe treads within 10 feet of the Celestial Being all attackers are dealt High-Severe Light Damage Each Post, and are inflicted with a one-post stun every two times this effect hurt's them. This is a Punishment Effect.

Tier Fourth
Holy of Holies: Light-Elemental Abilities are Absorbed by the Celestial Being on contact, including barriers and barriers with Reflective Properties. Buffs, Positive Status Effects, and the like, however, are not affected by this ability.
In the Full Light : Within 10 feet of the Celestial Being, a barrier of light is generated that encompasses the short distance. Entities and attacks may pass through this barrier, but only allies may leave it. Within the barrier all damage they would take is doubled. If an enemy makes contact with the edge of the barrier, they take heavy light-based damage. The duration of all negative effects applied within the barrier are doubled. (The Celestial Being is unaffected by either of these effects.) This barrier lasts for ten posts, and may only be broken from the inside. Cool Down: 20 Posts.

Tier Five
Divine Ascendance: Angelic Presence has it's range doubled. All abilities that use range in their effects have their range doubled. Effects that would otherwise stun a character now turn them to stone. Within the Range of Angelic Presence, the Celestial Being and allies gain a Regen effect that grants them moderate health per post. If all allies within Range are at full health, all enemies instead take moderate light damage per post. Individuals with Darkness in their Heart take severe damage regardless of allegiance. Finally, the Celestial Being is now under the effect of its own Aura.

Last edited by Charlotte on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Blood and Water Empty Re: Blood and Water

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:10 pm

Due to the nature of the approval, I'll be moving up one tier at a time.

Base Ability: You may either reduce the duration of negative status effects or reflect them. Even if conditional, you may not do both. I'd, personally, choose the latter. If this is an aura, it'd only affect your allies. If this ability solely affects you, then it isn't an aura. Separate skills may be applied to augment the base ability, allowing you to retain all abilities.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Wait...

Where's it say Auras can't affect the person who's GENERATING the Aura?
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:39 pm

I'd imagine it's similar to an AoE, where you're the epicenter. Being the epicenter means you're not effected, as you're the focal point of the ability. You'd need a separate skill to have those effects applied to you.

If Game Master wishes to overrule, he may.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:47 pm

I would argue that AoE Heals/Buffs usually include the caster in their effects. I feel like this would operate on the same logic.

I'll drop the self-effect, if you're insistent on it. I can just re-introduce it as a skill somewhere else in the tree. But, I'd like to feel out the rest of this, before I go changing anything else.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:15 pm

I've always felt the opposite, where you aren't affected by the effects of an AoE when you're at the epicenter. However, for the sake of versatility, and my main concern being the abundance of other effects, we'll see how the self-effect plays out.

For reduction, you'd only be able to choose endurance or character tier, not both. You may, however, instead double whichever you choose for reduction.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Cool. Left the self-effect struck through, in case it turns out to be alright.

Would it make a difference, aside from the number of posts, which I used? 
Like, would End-based be fundamentally different from Tier-based?
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:22 pm

It would only make a difference if your endurance isn't T5. Keep in mind what I said about reflect.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Fixed.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:42 pm

No problems with T1.

T2
Pull: This affects attributes, therefore, your mileage will vary based on the strength of this ability, against the strength of the opposing character and any other abilities they may be using.

Burn The Witch: Doesn't have the cool-down designated.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 pm

So, what power would Pull be working at?

What cooldown would you like for Burn?
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 am

It's a T2 skill, I figure that's generally self explanatory.

5 posts seems fair.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 am

Well, hell, if the pull fails, it's probably still be strong enough to knock 'em off their feet.

Cooldown added within seconds of this post.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:31 am

All T3 abilities can just be an addition to the aura, punishing foes for being within range of it. It doesn't need to be limited to just 10 feet.

However, if you wish to subvert aura immunities, I understand. Just clarify, and I'll move on to T4.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:24 am

Yeah, those are specifically not part of the aura, for a reason.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Holy of Holies I'd rather keep absorption, solely absorption at entry level. And while I'm fine with the barrier and reflective barrier stipulation -- as I feel absorption should generally be able to absorb defensive properties -- but I'm not okay with the disabling.

In The Full Light If it cannot be destroyed on the outside, then everything must be allowed to enter, including allies. You may double, not triple damage. Raise the CD to 20.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Take a look at the T4s again.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:19 pm

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:26 pm

If at all possible, I'd like to add something to the T5. Take a look.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:45 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content