MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Nature's Gift EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Nature's Gift EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Nature's Gift EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Nature's Gift EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Nature's Gift EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Nature's Gift EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Nature's Gift EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Nature's Gift EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Nature's Gift EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Nature's Gift

2 posters

Go down

Nature's Gift Empty Nature's Gift

Post by Minfilia Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:47 am

Base Ability:
Nature's Gift
Minfila calls upon nature to aid her allies and herself, she causes a a gentle rain to fall from the sky along with a calm wind to caress the world and finally flowers sprout from the ground sending a sweet aroma in the air, Minfilia then gains an extreme boost to her magical effectiveness. Minfilia also gains minor control over nature being able to control vines and flowers, or even cause plants to decay.

Base Ability Cool Down: Last entire thread once used

Tier One
1st Skill: Tailwind: The winds around the world cause allies of Minfilia, along with herself,  to give a moderate Buff to SPE and AGI. (2 post cool down)

2nd Skill: Nature's Embrace: Flowers release a bright pink powder that, when inhaled by an ally, gives a moderate buff to MAG and STR. (2 post cool down)

3rd Skill: Cooling Water: A large rain cloud forms over the world and rains down a cool, healing water, it moderately heals allies over 2 post. (3 post cool down

4th Skill: Holy Nova: Minfilia uses the light within her heart and summons a shock wave that reaches about 15 ft around Minfilia causing any foe around that area to take slight light damage, but moderate knock back (1 post cool down)

5th Skill: Nature''s Defense: The Rain Picks up causing plants to grow at an extreme rate, The plants then cause a wall of thorns to appear at a designated area or wrap around a target. (Minfilia's Choice.) (Effect ends after 1 post) ( 3 post cool down)

Last edited by Minfilia on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 am; edited 5 times in total
Minfilia
Minfilia

Directory : Minfilia's Directoy
MAIN THEME: LINK
BATTLE THEME LINK

Back to top Go down

Nature's Gift Empty Re: Nature's Gift

Post by Marigold Darkson Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:14 am

BA: For your Base Ability, was there any form of damage or secondary effect you wanted to do with it? From what I've read, it seems like the only thing it does is grows flowers and that's it. Besides the growth of flowers and sweet aroma, you can add another effect that could make this ability Tier 3 in scope theoretically. Depending on how you want to play your character, I can give you advice via PM or Skype.

Tier One:
A discrepancy to get cleared, here on the sight, we like to use a more verbal than numerical value, for when we're boosting stats. For example, +5 would translate to a whole 2 tier boost, which isn't allowed. Instead, with how you're making the skills dependent on the Base Ability, which only lasts for a bit and can only be used once per topic, you can reword the benefits given from "+5" to "moderate."

After going through your abilities, I wouldn't say they're too weak, but you definitely can bolster them to make them a lot more effective for combat. Like I said, you can always contact me and I'll lend a hand where and when I can!~
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Minfilia Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Edited. Buffed: Natures Gift, and Cooling Water. Reworded: Tailwind, and Nature's embrace.
Minfilia
Minfilia

BATTLE THEME LINK

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:02 pm

BA: You can make this last the entire post, to be honest, since it does help you use your other moves. Just be aware that you should edit "extreme boost to her MAG" to, "extreme boost to her magical effectiveness." Once again, on this site, Magic works a bit differently. Rather than it be a broad aspect, its tied to the understanding and knowledge of your character. You're not boosting the stat itself, but rather the strength of your spells/abilities as a whole!~

Tier One:
Second Skill: You can make it so that this benefit only extends to allies and not just anyone, due to wanting to give yourself an edge to the opponent, rather than them having a free buff.

Third Skill: Depending on if you go with your base ability lasting for the entire topic instead of its set duration, you will need to add a cool down on this. Also, I'd say you'd need to cut down the amount healed to moderate. You won't need to increase the posts to get to that point, but the effectiveness for extreme is typically saved until Tier 4 or 5

4th Skill: How long would it take to flood the area and how much flooding are we talking about here?
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Minfilia Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Edited:

• Natures gift last entire thread (Not sure if that's what you meant, hopefully it was)
  • Cooling Water now heals all allies moderately over 2 post
  • Changed Monsoon to Holy Nova

Note: Sorry about adding these weird things to my abilities, used to my abilities being balanced in weird ways from other role-plays. And i'm not sure what you meant by entire post, like 1 post? or every single post I make while in the thread.
Minfilia
Minfilia

BATTLE THEME LINK

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:59 am

Tier One:
Now that you have the BA lasting for an entire topic, put small cool downs onto your skills. 1st and 2nd skills can be between 2-3 posts, with the 3rd skill being a flat three post cool down. Holy Nova can have its cool down be 1 post, since you seem more like a support class and would need to keep your distance from enemies. Everything else is fine.

Note: It is seriously no problem at all. Here, we want you try and attempt to get the most out of what you want to do and balance it accordingly. When I say entire post, I do mean the entire thread. Sorry for the confusion!~
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Minfilia Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 am

Edited
Minfilia
Minfilia

BATTLE THEME LINK

Back to top Go down