MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Black Year Skill Tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Black Year Skill Tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Black Year Skill Tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Black Year Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Black Year Skill Tree

5 posters

Go down

Black Year Skill Tree Empty Black Year Skill Tree

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

One: Hayden has a second MP pool from the one he typically uses to draw MP from. This MP pool has half the MP that his normal MP pool does as it's maximum capacity, and has a completely separate cool down. This MP Pool is affected by abilities, skills or items  that would also affect the main MP Pool as the result of their effect, such as Megaethers or their opposite if they were applied. Despite being separate, the Cool Down is also affect by abilities that target cool downs. He can only use one MP Pool at a time.
Base Ability Cool Down: Passive

Tier One
I'd Give You Everything: Each time one of Hayden's MP Pools is emptied, he gains a stack of Retributive Theory as defined in Prelude to Judgement.
Offered Their Hearts: Operating off of his Heartless physiology and native ability to posses objects of his choosing, Hayden can additionally now merge into and overtake constructs of any elemental alignments except for Nothing or Light, or constructs that are intangible. He can assume control of that construct, or merely hide within it. If the construct dissipates, Hayden will occupy the space it previously had been. While within this construct, his presence can not be detected through any method.
Allowed Them To Rust: Metal Objects that make physical contact with Hayden immediately corrode. Cool down: Two Posts
Give Me The Gun: Hayden's silence effects now also passively prevent summoning of weapons and summons. This does not apply to Keyblades. Cool down: Two Posts
Shattered Symphony: Hayden is Immune to Silence Effects

Tier Two
We Defined The Lines: When Hayden is in control of a construct: he may apply any touch based abilities to the controller as though he were making physical contact with them.
We Stole Your Heart: Hayden can now move between different constructs, as long as the same person is controlling them. Each time he does this, the controller takes moderate damage. Cool Down: Two Posts
It's All Coming Apart: Hayden can immediately purge all MP from his MP Pool, putting it into a state of cool down. The purged MP deals moderate AoE darkness damage to everything within ten feet of Hayden, including Hayden. Cool Down: 5 posts
To Own This Hurt: If an ability or effect triggers that would otherwise drain Hayden of his MP, Hayden's MP Pools will instead automatically purge and trigger an effect not unlike It's All Coming Apart, regardless of whether or not it is on cool down.

Tier Three
In All, We All: If an ability of Hayden's requires all MP to be purged in its written effect in order to be activated: once, that ability can be used a second time instantly to the same effect as the first. If it is a targeted ability, it may designate a second target when it designates the first target.
Pearl of the Stars: The Secondary MP Pool generated by One now has the same amount of MP as the base pool.
The World Burns Apart: Every time Hayden's MP Cools Down, the maximum amount of MP is increased by 50. This increase lasts until the end of the topic.

Tier Fourth
When Skeletons Live: When Hayden expels his MP from within a construct, Hayden usurps control from the controller of all of their active active constructs to the same effect that they would normally wield them with. He can still hide within them and direct orders while hidden. Additionally, while within a construct: Hayden can portal off the world from within them, and they will still remain divorced from their creator's control, acting in a manner that Hayden directs. Despite Hayden being in control, the creator of the constructs is regarded as the current controller. If Hayden attempts to take control of another person's constructs, the constructs he currently controls are dismissed.
Hush: Hayden's Dark Web ability from his previous incarnation has evolved to greater heights. As long as an enemy is either in the same body of darkness, or an area that Hayden has himself designated due to an area of effect ability, he can not only sense their location and movements, but they will be treated as though they are plainly visible to his eyes in most applicable instances, such as judging reaction time or discerning the nature of their magic. Additionally, when occupying a construct Hayden can sense the locations of other constructs, and may actively "listen in" on the controller's thoughts if they can control them mentally.

Tier Five
All That I Am: Hayden gains a tertiary MP Pool that follows the same conditions as the secondary MP pool outlined in the base ability, and is affected by all skills and abilities that would otherwise affect both the first and second ability in the same manner.

Last edited by Seeker of Retribution on Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:43 am; edited 5 times in total

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Black Year Skill Tree Empty Re: Black Year Skill Tree

Post by Zyvonia Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:47 am

To Own This Hurt: This refers to any spell that directly drains MP, right? Casting a spell, which drains you of mana, doesn't restore that?

Where Skeletons Live: Can you do this to only one or to any and all?

Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 am

I would fiat that it would, but I'm under the impression that spells that do that have a longer cool down since I'm not sure that cheap spells can destroy more MP than they use. It sounds feasible, but if I were just casting a 50MP spell that drained 50MP only to have it instead give me that 50 MP, it feels rather pointless.

It would apply to all party members, as long as they meet the conditions required.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:09 am

So does it?
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

I said yes, but I also said that it was probably futile anyway.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 pm

I would say that that can't happen.

And if I could deny this for hypotheticals, I would.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Alright, so I'm pretty sure I misunderstood what you were saying. The skill only acts upon abilities or affects that have an effect onmy MP. Not abilities that cost MP. If it acted upon abilities that costed my MP, I would have specified as much within the original wording. In this instance, the ability is not acting upon the MP, but the MP is acting as a catalyst for the ability to be triggered. As such, I would not gain it back or achieve a spell of no/neutral cost.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyvonia Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:58 pm

Unfortunately, I cannot deny people for being idiotic.

Approved...dumbass.
Zyvonia
Zyvonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:59 pm

Love you twosome bby.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue May 12, 2015 4:57 am

To Own This Hurt: If an ability or effect triggers that would otherwise drain Hayden of his MP, it instead restores it by an equivalent amount.

This is too powerful for T1. Base immunities are T1. Adjust accordingly.

Shattered Symphony: Hayden is Immune to Silence Effects

You are only allowed 1 immunity at T1, keep that in mind if you reduce the other to an immunity.

We Defined The Lines: Hayden designates a moderately sized area. Any individual within this area has their damage resistance boosted by a moderate amount. In exchange, they become marked by Hayden while within the area and due to this mark can be targeted by his abilities despite immunities. This mark is not visible. This effect lasts for five posts. Cool Down: Ten Posts

Immunities should be the end all be all, otherwise, the system promotes a convoluted mess. There are inherit ways to get around immunities, invalidating the immunity shouldn't be one of them.  And even if you allow this, as you do have the final say, this is too powerful for tier 2.

Your other tier 2 abilities are also too powerful. If you gave It's All Coming Apart a limitation, it might be able to stay in that tier.

I'd suggest making I'd Give You Everything a tier 1 skill, where you gain 20 MP per tier (or however that works now, unsure if it's a lower number), as to make room for any adjustments you may need. It would also, potentially, allow you to gain more MP overall. You're also missing a skill in tier 2, which can help you compensate for any potential changes made, such as moving To Own His Hurt.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Tue May 12, 2015 6:30 am

Edited. I moved a few abilities around to see if they were acceptable.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue May 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Because it is tier 2, To Own His Own Hurt would only be able to restore your mana pool, not increase it past its maximum.

Otherwise, this is approvable. Post for confirmation of intent.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed May 13, 2015 4:49 pm

I will ask for clarification on my end: do you mean the normal maximum of the pool, or the maximum of the pool established during the topic by other abilities that increase the cap?

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed May 13, 2015 4:56 pm

The latter.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed May 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Alright. We should be good to go.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:27 am

Edited, open to suggestions.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:40 pm

When Skeletons Live, the barrier created, aside the stipulations in the scale, follows the same limitations a normal barrier does, correct?
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:52 am

It do

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:25 pm

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:46 am

I wanted to note the ability changes as I did in the other tree, but I'm exhausted. I apologize for being lazy here.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:37 pm

When Skeletons Live: Needs a cool down to prevent being able to be spammed on every person(s) constructs. Also, I will have to say that a person regains their constructs after an undetermined amount of time after the topic ends.

Other than that, this is
APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm

A construct is an entity generated or created through use of a spell or a skill, or potentially created through synthesis and controlled magically or supernaturally. I wouldn't be able to keep the entities any longer than they would exist normally, nor would my possession of them prevent the creator from creating new constructs that were in fact under their control.

If I may, it would seem more logical that if I tried to use Skeletons Live on constructs created by somebody else after having already used it to gain control of another's, I would lose control of those constructs or otherwise see them dismissed instead. Does that sound fair, or would you prefer/add something to it?
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Sounds fair enough.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Awesome. I will edit it at a later point today.
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down