MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open)

Go down

Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) Empty Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open)

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sun May 03, 2015 7:54 am

There was the strange scent of salt in the air, the cool wind blowing against the buildings and people wearing long-sleeves and hats to ward of the slight chill of the sunless day. Clouds had pulled themselves over the sky as though tucking it in for the afternoon nap it did not want or need. Somewhat forcefully did the corridor of Darkness pry open the space of the world, allowing something even darker access the realm of Radiant Garden.

It stepped out clad in armor covered by thick, tattered red robes. Beneath the cloth the armor shone a glistening black, its material the very rare orichalum. Never clear whether metal or mineral, the material was indestructible, immutable, and magic resistant. But perhaps more striking than the torn red cloak or black armor, more attention grabbing than the belts that seemed to hold the two together, was the mask. A white, expressionless mask with no mouth, and eyes that defied traditional expression.

This same visage had descended upon the world once before as a shadow, murdering political figures, nobility, those with power and those in charge. He was the one who mete out the harshest kind of justice. But now, he ventured to this world for his own study. He was reconfirming himself- what he did had to be right. It let him hold onto himself. It let him remind himself who he was, exactly. He was no longer Hayden. He was Hayden's Heartless. He was a Seeker of retribution. And he would have that retribution in due time.

He had not come to feast on hearts. He had not come to devour the world. He had come to see its progress like some kind of neglectful parent occasionally checks to confirm that their child hasn't choked on a toy block. He was immediately pleased to see that what the man who provoked the destruction of Disney Town said seemed untrue. Radiant Garden was still in one piece. It hadn't descended into riots and chaos, and if it had then they got reorganized quickly repaired the damage. However, signs of repair were scarce aside from typical civilian business.

A grin slid across his face beneath his mask. He stared over the city with a kind of pride in his work. But he was not done. Magi had more agents, and Hayden would find them. He leapt from rooftop to rooftop, landing quietly about them as he approached the castle that loomed over Radiant Garden. He wondered who the new leader might possibly be? It would be good for him to find out.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open) Empty Re: Fiction Sees the Real (Axis, Open)

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am

While far from sudden in the distance a collection of noise started in faint. Mechanical with a touch of whimsical dinging at the end. Each time it sounded the volume at which it spread only grew louder until it was the sole source of attention. Odd to the situation there was sound and yet no visible source or rather not at first. Moments passed without a viable answer until finally from the ground a small orb of golden energy rose up from the stone cobble below.

Up shot the orb propelled by a cylindrical force of similar energy. As if meaning to make contact with something it burst towards the sky and within seconds sank back down into the ground from which it came. It was followed almost immediately after by another and then another. Until their frequency was patterned in sequence. It seems something had set the town's security system on alert. The Claymore protocol was active and more than ready to hunt down whatever threat it sensed from within the borders.

In another corner of the world an alarm of a different kind made the unusual activity a priority. From within the confines of a darker location where the only light came from circuits scattered across the walls and floors. A lone figure was immediately discouraged to be interrupted by a flash of red and obnoxious ring that demanded them to drop everything and go. A nuisance indeed but a call to be answered as well. With a distressed sigh the figure rose from their spot and made swift to the console unit at the other end of the room.

A click here, a click there. With a few taps on keyboard made of holographic projection the alarm was silenced from within the room. The circuits which had been flashing a vibrant red now returned to their original intense shade of blue. On screen a live video feed did appear revealing the sights and sounds of confused townsfolk and a security system at work. Not good, there were few reasons for that system to be acting up. All of which made the woman shiver slightly at the thought.

Now aware that something unwelcome threatened the peace. The woman turned from the screen dismissing the feed as she did. With each step away bits of pixelated energy clung to her person until she was all but engulfed. At which point she vanished in a flash of light. Out into the streets of town she reappeared, the pixelated pieces dispersing as she kept moving forward. Her arms wrapped together behind her back as there was a steady stride in her step. Though her expression was calm in appearance her emerald eyes peeled every inch of the area as she passed by.

If there was someone or something here she would find it. For the safety of her people this was her duty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Tue May 05, 2015 6:08 pm

He didn't attempt stealth as he leapt from rooftop to rooftop. While he landed softly as armored feet simply patted lightly against the clay-tiled rooftops, this was due to practiced habit rather than attempted silence. He jumped once more before landing, a sudden chill crawling up his spine. When he had come to this world he felt it- a distant, distinct kind of presence. Power that was familiar to him, yet were he not self-aware would be afraid of. He could feel the words floating through his mind without language to give it shape or form. Yet, the word was something he recognized.

Keyblade. More precisely, it was two words: Keyblade Wielder.

His head jerk in the most unnatural fashion as he sat crouched on the rooftop, locking on to the sudden appearance of the presence much closer to his own. He turned on all fours almost like a predator, knees splayed behind his arms as they touched the ground, before he drew them up and rested his elbows on them. His claws, armored fingers folded menacingly into his palms. He let his head remained cricked to the side as he made eye contact with a familiar face. A stroke of relief seemed to wash over him. She was not a threat. But, she most certainly knew where the injured king was. She most certainly knew where her savior went.

She was a spring of knowledge, though he had to coax her to flow. He stood erect and let the sunlight catch him from the back, standing in a silhouette. The Foreteller of Blade was none-the-less recognizable as a black figure, his imposing form and peculiar, cloaked armor identifying him readily. He stood erect for but a few more moments before he considered options. Should he stay and engage the Keyblader for information and risk time for the World Leader to detect his presence and hide before he could see them, or should he confront the girl and receive his information?

Vengeance took precedence to his previous goal. The desire to destroy the leader of Twilight Town, the passion to finish what he had begun upon Hikari's defenseless form... these things burned inside of his being, and he was driven to approach her. He leapt from the top of the building and landed directly in front of the young woman, scarcely a few feet between them. He didn't move forward, but let his visage impress its own meaning upon her. He didn't move beyond that. Didn't give any indication of a hostile intention, nor any attempt at giving her space.

"Where is Hikari?" The question floated on the wind.

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Right on cue. Round a corner and through another street the woman's eyes did scan intently for any sign of disturbance and boy was she met with it. A jump and a step and there it was. Face to face with a hulking figure clad in armor of fine design and even finer origin. The mark of a Keyblade wielder is she ever saw it. Unmistakably so and without so much as a second guess necessary. She knew the presence of her people even as clouded as some where. However much unlike other wielders she had met before this one gave a feel of darkened composure and ominous direction. Especially now as he stared her down. Slate eyes absolutely fixated upon her alone as if trapped in a sequence of predator and prey. Held fast to his ground without so much as a sign of movement. It wasn't too hard to deduct from a glance that he was probably looking for her and in the same respect she too was looking for him. Thus protector and threat came together.

Up and down Axis did examine him closely. Her expression unwavering and unwilling to transition from anything but a steady seriousness. Though the familiarity was more than enough to strike a chord, the identity was driven home when the man spoke. One simple question which sent a chill of nervous tension down her spine. This was Hayden and yet something seemed off. The problem was she couldn't pinpoint just what was different. Then again did she really want to know.

Of course she did just not at the moment. Always the burden for information.

Her brows furrowed slightly as it clicked in. Hayden was in Radiant Garden. He had untapped power to destroy worlds and leaders within mere moments and in consideration of their last meeting he was far from willing to negotiate. Yet he hadn't started chaos quite yet. No people were screaming, no buildings burning or crumbling. No tower of a beast following along behind him with swords raging against the world. Just what was he getting at? What was his game and why was he waiting? Standing her own ground against him Axis remained still and as calmly as she could appear to be, engaged him in conversation.

"Nice to see you again too Forteller." Her eyes narrowed in on him like trackers as she went on to say more. "Clearly Hikari is not here nor is he anywhere remotely close by. Don't believe me, that's not my problem." A little rude for the mannerism expected of a world leader yet with the tension she was feeling who could blame her for a slip up or two. "What is my problem is you being here. Tell me, what brings you to my kingdom? Have you come to finally deliver on your promise? I assure you, kill me here, and my defenses will take care of you faster than you can imagine." A semi-empty threat, would he call her bluff, probably. He was crazy enough to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Thu May 14, 2015 4:38 pm

If only the woman could have seen Hayden's mildly disappointed expression behind his mask. "I assure you, my being here is not your problem at all." He lowered his hands, left himself open as if baiting her. "So go ahead, fire your defenses. I came here to see who the world leader was, to make sure they weren't a cowardly sell out or corrupted lacky... thus far I am not disappointed, but there is far more to assess than merely your attitude." He left his arms splayed, the intimidating black armor towering before her.

"Go on then," he prodded. "You're a big, bad world leader with those big scary world defenses aren't you? I know enough about CLAYMORE to know what exactly it detects, and if the system brought you here then there is no reason for me to be cryptic about what I am. Don't brandish a gun so fast unless you're certain it will do the job. You're just as likely to provoke something nasty as prevent it." He paused. "You've only seen a small part of my power, and I promise you... you don't know what I am capable of now. If I intended you harm, then harm would be mete out in abundance before you could have even arrived. And of all people you- the World Leader and the witness. What a small realm."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Such arrogance to prattle on about the power he could unleashed upon the world within an inch of it's life. Nothing she didn't already expect from the man and yet no farther from down right insulting. Not that she had room to preach after such a direct entrance. So far they had both stepped on the tips of each other's toes just coming face to face. A test of patience that Axis be damned if she lost.

While Hayden did stand well over her by inches. Hulking black armor casting a shadow like a high tower as he did he attempted to... Intimidate her? Right then. He had the unease in his favor but as far as intimidation was concerned. That was not going to be as easy to obtain. She had experienced enough men of similar style and intent for the scare factor to be minimal. That and having seen Hayden in action once before she knew at least a fraction of what he was capable of doing to her and her home. She was far from left in the dark for information. Even though pieces were missing she had some to work with and that was better than none at all.

A single finger and her slowly descending glasses were shoved back up the bridge of her nose. The light from the sun above lightly glinting off the dark rimmed frames all the way across the lens themselves. As she did eye him over without so much as a response to his comments. It was clear she was just as unamused as himself. A stalemate of disappointment which spawned mainly from each other's presence alone. With a blink Axis let out a slight grunt and raised a hand as she spoke again. "World Leader, yes. Needlessly violent, not if I can help it. I'm person not a monster." With the raised hand she placed it on one of his arms. Her grip loose and far from threatening as she directed for him to put it down.

Though her attempt to sway him with world defenses did fail. She was far from being the kind to attack him without reason. If he intended to raise hell then she would act. If he continued to talk like any normal person. She would do well to hear what he had to say instead. Again far from a monster, she was not above hearing what a person had to say no matter their allegiance unless of course a life was on the line.

Waiting for him to either comply or throw her hand away. His mention about the Claymore system did strike a realization in Axis. So he knew about the defenses... Wait a minute. The defenses! He had a point that made her wonder. It only became active when the presence of Darkness came in contact with the town. More specifically Heartless threats that would otherwise take over if not handled appropriately. If the system was hunting him then that meant one thing. He was the very creature they sought to destroy. Weird, why hadn't she been able to tell before? Surely the Keyblade would have brought something to attention. Then again considering how weak and out of tune she was as of her return. It could have easily been overlooked.

Just great. One could only imagine the amount of minions that stood ready to take his order on a whim. She would have to proceed with extreme caution. The last thing needed was an impending Heartless invasion on the cause of one single error. The tension in her being did rise at the discovery however she tried hard to keep it at bay as the conversation continued. "No doubt I'm far from the ideal leader. However, this is my home, and these people needed someone who could do right by them and though I don't necessarily feel like it should have been me either. There's wasn't much choice as far as capable people were concerned." There was a pause as she took a deep breathe and slowly exhaled. All in the effort to keep her nerves in check. "With that being said. I'll ask you again, why are you here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Was she afraid, or merely cautious? Her poker face was as good as his might be in the same situation. And yet, whatever fear or doubt may have tried to bind her failed as she outstretched her own hand and bade him to lower his own. He withdrew from his position and lowered his arms once more, rewarding her with breathing room as he stepped back. It was, in his own way, a show of respect. It did not determine alignment by any means, but it demonstrated character. A strong character.

"An ideal leader is subjective," Hayden's words were matter of fact. "No one perfect leader exists. Their value is determined by a combination of many factors. Some are beyond your control. Others are not. Whether or not you were qualified is subjective to established needs of the world." He told her this, but she likely already knew it if she was half as intelligent as she presented herself to be. The foreteller of blades narrowed his eyes behind his mask, staring her down as he continued to analyze her.

"As for why I am here, it is simple. I have come to check your progress, and you are merely the first of the worlds that I will survey. For a time, it would appear I must police something above your notice until the threat subsides."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Seems talking with the technical enemy hadn't proven a complete nonsensical notion after all. Though there were strong considerations working against the conversation going any further than it already had. Should something come out or be said without restraint. It was a risky situation at best to amuse in it's entirety. In her mind there was an urge to turn him away but it was met with an overwhelming need to prevent any backlash that he could unleash in response. So as she stood listening closely to his every word her mind said run but her body said no. No doubt, if he was as observant as he claimed, he could see her unraveling slowly on the inside.

A brow raised in dangerous curiosity upon Hayden further explaining his outlook on leaders. To be fair he had valid points throughout. To be a leader was to be what the people needed at the time they needed it. Such a thing would always be different from one world to the next. To have an ideal leader was in the eyes of those who put them in charge to begin with. To be ideal was nothing more than illusion to emulate a sense of security and order. To be the ideal leader is to have the faith of your people in hopes that you can keep their families and their home safe. A duty to which Axis hadn't hesitated too hard to fulfill at the call.

Upon his last sentence Axis brows furrowed back downward. "I'm sorry, Police?" She interrupted. "Mind the offense but the only threat I see here stands right before me. Not causing havoc mind you but still a threat regardless." If he thought he had the right to poke around the Gardens at his own leisure he'd better think again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Sat May 23, 2015 11:13 am

"It is as I said," he restated, "I am containing something above your notice. It infected the worlds once before. It still infects yet one more... Twilight Town. You seem to be a forthcoming sort, honest and righteous. At least, you believe such. Then it may interest you to know that Amadeo is not a leader like yourself. Amadeo preys on the innocents. When we spoke in Wonderland, he very, very strongly implied that he was pushing people from the top of the clock tower. I'm going to assume that even if they were criminals that's not an acceptable practice." He knelt down slightly, his eyes from behind his mask catching the light as they looked into hers.

"Many heroes are not what they appear, and many villains are not so obvious. You don't know what I prevented, and as a result you presume I am the threat because you've never had to deal with it. You've never seen what I've seen, but let me tell you what I've seen." He moved back in closer, and leaned his head down by her ear. "Armageddon was coming for us all," he whispered ominously, "and I have stalled it indefinitely. For the moment, we are safe. But as long as Amadeo and Hikari still breath, I can not guarantee anybody's safety. Not mine. Not yours. Not your world's. There is somebody who would see it destroyed, just like Disney Town was swallowed mere hours ago by the darkness. Only it wouldn't be some arrogant man with a spear. It would be something far, far worse."

He drew back his head slowly, taking yet another step opposite Axis to his previous distance. "I'll tell you everything, on the condition we go somewhere where ears will not pry. I will tell you about the threat. I will make you understand why."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:34 am

"Thrown... off the tower..." For as strong as she attempted to appear the repetition of words dribbled from her lips in a slow and unsavory manner. Which as they did almost made her want to be sick. The pit of her stomach gave way to a tight knot feeling with pressure that was almost unbearable. It was hard to believe at first and yet something stopped her from fully disbelieving. Anyone was capable of anything in her eyes unless proven otherwise. Knowing little of Amadeo both as a figurehead or a person she couldn't outright confirm nor deny such a claim. That and something inside moved against supporting the kid. She couldn't tell what quite yet but it was determined enough to keep her from making an immediate decision.

Internals twisting and turning with an uncomfortable threat of nausea. The red haired woman closed her eyes and took a deep breathe in in attempt to hold back any potential spill. She was ruthless in the face of adversity, yes, but when it came to moments of unforgivable acts she was still human. As such she was still subject to physical reaction. Once certain she could manage her emerald eyes opened again to see Hayden mere inches from her ear. Again, she listened. The vibration of his tone causing a slight shiver down her spine. Not preferable but mere human reaction.

When everything he had to say was out she brushed her shoulder as he pulled away. All of this felt absurd and yet she couldn't shake some of the possibilities. Amadeo was brash, unpredictable, and headstrong. The qualities to make mistakes to drastic levels. Dammit, logic in madness. Things to decipher. More work. "Suppose I put faith in your theories. What's stopping you from ending it right here and now? I'm no fool Hayden, your a man with purpose but who's willing to do the outrageous to achieve such. Give me one reason why I shouldn't lock you up instead." To be fair, not attacking the Garden's was definitely a sign that he was here for more than just destruction. Even so she wanted to be sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:19 am

Hayden grinned. This one had more than spine. She had fire and it gave him a small rumble within his heart. "I'll take you up on that offer," he said bluntly. YOu can lock me up, talk to me, and when I'm done I'll leave, since that would make you feel safer. You don't have to believe a word I say," he stressed. "But I can see it in your eyes. You're curious. And you're smart."

"You're smart because, out of every world leader I've confronted, you are the only one to respond with fear and not with violence. With caution, but not aggression. And, you've let neither of this things cripple you from stating what you believe... and in some extension, what you want. You want answers for what I've done now that the question has been posed. Who better to give you those answers than myself?"

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 am

Piece by piece the possibilities were broken down to the core. A chance to hear the other side of the madness that was his rampage. To see from his direct perspective what the hype was about, or at least from as much of it as one could looking from the outside in. The things he no doubt could tell her if all she did was lend him a listening ear. On the other hand she would be a fool to follow without some kind of precaution. Anything to keep from getting her throat slit and her precious sanctuary flattened to the ground. No matter his reassurance he was still a wanted homicidal criminal and though he'd given no proof to the contrary a part of her still reveled in restricting his freedoms while in the Gardens.

A thousands time a man could mean no wrong that didn't make them any less dangerous. Even so a sigh escaped her lips as there was silence to follow. Tick tock, tick tock. She was on the clock and time was not waiting. It was game time and she needed to act. Defeated in her decisions, temptation of the the unknown all too strong. Not to mention the kind of angles she would have at disposal compared to the other leaders. It was all hopefully worth the risk in the end.

"Enough flattery. You wish to speak seriously, so be it. However, you will do it on my terms." A snap could be heard from behind her back as she spoke. The sound of fingers in command as formations began to take place against Hayden's ankles, wrists, and neck. Each was band composed of a single metal conductor that produced harmless energy based restraints. Should he try anything he would find them become less harmless very quickly. "Act like an animal and those will assure you receive appropriate punishment. Now, brace yourself." Another snap and within seconds the two were engulfed in a sudden pulse of bright light.

As the light did fade moments later the locale about them was revealed to have changed. The warm stone streets of town replaced by an all black room. Cold and smooth in overall impression, pulsing circuits decoring every surface from the floor to the ceiling as they shined with a lime green luminescence. The kind of hard cut sophistication only found in one part of the digital realm, The Grid.

About the room there was a selection of unique apparatuses and computerized holographic screens. As well as an assortment of other personal belongings such as papers and notes. All of it the makings of a decent laboratory in the works. Clearly used and in common routine no less. From behind a counter the MCP stood as she had in the streets. Her eyes still on Hayden as she motioned with a nod of her head for him to come forward and speak. This place was as private as it got but she didn't want him in the system for any longer than was necessary. The fact he was here at all unsettled her greatly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:31 am

Hayden allowed himself to relax as the manacles clasped around his neck, still grinning beneath the mask. "Fine," Hayden replied with his ichor eyes examining Axis intently. "Do what you need to do to make yourself... comfortable." His voice was absent of mocking or condescension, but full of amusement. "And I assure you, I am no mere animal." As the light consumed them both, his voice could be heard over it. "I am a beast, not a mere creature of the land."

When Hayden landed in the black room with pulsing blue lines along the walls drawing his attention, began to examine his surroundings curiously. "Interesting," Hayden replied to seemingly nobody but himself as his eyes traced the new area. "I can't say I'm familiar with wherever this is, though I suppose that's irrelevant." His eyes traced her computer screens, rife with information, alerts, audio and video feeds, all muted against a silhouette cast against the strong, white light behind her.

Hayden stood firm as she nodded her head, motionless as she beckoned him to speak. Instead, he prompted her. "You have question," he stated. "Ask them. I'd rather not ramble here all day assuming that I'm answering them. I have an appointment to keep, of sorts, and I must strike while the proverbial iron is still hot."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:41 am

Eyes that wandered knew no bound. Hands clasped together from behind back. A sharp snapping noise was heard from seemingly no where. One by one the screens about the room drawing blank as they powered down. Holograms following suit as they too flashed away from sight. It was bad enough that Hayden was in the system. The last thing she wanted was for him to know anything she was up to or working on. All of it was far from his concern and even farther from his reach if she could help it. With the screens black as night the circuits brightened to compensate. Their faces shrouded in darkness for a second or two until the light being produced made the visible again.

In wait of his words Axis was slightly disappointed as Hayden made it clear she was to make the first move. Sure she had questions but she had been more than ready to hear what he had to say on his own. Wasn't that always the habit of villains. To ramble about their ideals and how they would fight tooth and nail to achieve them. Then again, Hayden was far from the average bad man. No, he was smarter, wiser, much more cunning and in truth not quite evil in definition. The more pieces to his puzzle she put together the less he seemed malicious. Sadistic maybe, but not inherently out to harm or maim without reason. He worked on cause and effect as she could tell and yes though his perceptions of such were displayed as flawed. When giving thought to the other leaders all she could wonder was, who's wasn't by this point?

In a game thrones everyone was out to accomplish something through their own means. In doing so they considered outside influence flawed on principle alone. In the eyes of another one's logic could always be wrong. Hayden being a victim to such bias or that's rather what it seemed by this point. Not that it entirely excused his actions or execution. Back down to business Axis gave a sigh and placed two fists against the counter. Doing so she leaned her weight forward upon them. Her shoulders growing tense as she began. "First things first, why the targets on Hikari and Amadeo. I understand you said Amadeo is not as he appears. Which I can believe given his care free attitude, and Hikari I assume guilty by affiliation. Even so, that can't be the sole reason to hunt them down. Why such dedication to seeing the two suffer? So much so that you'd destroy two worlds in the process of trying to succeed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:30 am

If only she could see Hayden's face.

"I destroyed no worlds," Hayden replied honestly. "In Wonderland I know not who set the Hedge Maze ablaze, but it was not myself. My ire was limited to Amadeo. Hikari was merely my next target. The nude man died stalling for time," he paused for a moment. "What a waste of life." He turned his head as if to spit, and instead chuckled.

"Afterwards, I headed to Disney Town. More specifically, I headed towards the Castle. My reasoning was that you would head to the most well-defended position and launch a counter attack when I arrived. I was wrong, but with the Cornerstone unguarded I sought to return it to the people of the world. However, interlopers saw that it would be destroyed instead. Disney Town was lost, as was I despite my efforts to stop the Heartless. They were simply too numerous for one man to fight by himself, no matter how powerful I had become."

He returned his eyes to her, burning in. "But you asked why I wanted to kill them. The answer is simple. There is a chance they are innocent in all of this, you understand. But I will not have that chance jeopardize the rest of us. Within the highest echelons of each world lay in wait an agent of destruction. With seemingly little time, I elected that deciphering their identities would be a waste. Instead, my best option was to eradicate all of those in power all over the worlds to prevent an insurrection that would guide the Realm of Light and the Realm of Darkness into an unstoppable collision course. That is why they must die-because sparring them is a risk with consequences that we will all pay."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Bullseye.

Like an arrow shot at a target after being drawn at the ready for ages. At the mention of the burning hedge maze Axis went silent. Thus was her mistake for the sake of getting the advantage on Hayden at the time. The way she saw it, if not for her invention all involved would have been blinded by the immense formation of darkness that had threatened to swallow both them and the world by storm. They all could have been rendered no better than loose chickens with their heads cut off or at least that's what she had believed then. Whether she was accurate in that assumption was too late by this point.

Pins and needles practically surging up her back and outwards through her limbs, Axis continued to listen closely. She had to wonder if he knew she had been the cause for the fire and the flames that had consumed the maze. Had he intentionally left her unnamed as the cause to drive home his point. One thing she could tell, he was methodical man. Not necessarily doing anything without some kind of justifiable reason but well aware of the cause and effect of his actions. Like a living match of chess he was playing the black pieces and doing well to dominate the field by force.

Seamlessly from one travesty to the next he was able to segway the turn of the conversation. Her question being answered within instance of asking. Not so much as a shred of hesitation or stumbling over his words as he explained. A man completely sure in the way he spoke about each situation. It was admirable his confidence and at the same time terrifying. To be so certain about his perceptions of the worlds and their leaders. Speaking about them as if they were a disease to be cured from the universe. It only aided the sickly feeling that was draining her body of energy as they went on with each other.

"Interlopers?" She questioned as she reviewed each word. "Are you suggesting that you did not destroy the cornerstone? That it wasn't your beast that crushed the town to the ground around it. Please, I might be naive in some respects but I know what my eyes saw that day. Your little pet on a rampage." Then again, were her eyes necessarily to be trusted. Though she had seen the savage beast Ukz at work it hadn't exactly remained that way for long. During the Heartless siege it appeared to change plan, appearing as if it had been standing guard outside the throne room. Perhaps the strange occurrence was something to be taken with a lot more consideration than she had originally anticipated. Even so, she would continue to search for proper evidence to support such a theory.

Spoken out of turn she was left to comment in her own head about the idea of Amadeo and Hikari being targets and how for some reason there were others about the worlds preparing to unleash chaos. Given the nature and laws of this universe they all treasured so much. When wasn't that the case at any point? For every hero there was a villain. For every villain a new threat waited to emerge. A vicious cycle never ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

"The cornerstone's destruction was a repercussion of my reputation," he growled not at her, but almost at himself. "Moments after I had located it beneath the throne room, a party of five showed up. One man clad in what I'm certain was Keyblade Armor litered with accessories and brandishing a spear ignored my warnings about fighting near the Cornerstone. It was too late to stop the situation by the time he struck," Hayden's voice, for the first time, was that of venom rather than amusement or monotone. "I regret it." An emotional truth.

"And you clearly did not see my beast, then," he proceeded to correct her. "It was in my presence for the beginning of the catastrophe, and when I left it behind I left it to guard the castle entrance from other invading Heartless who would chase survivors as they were funneled by either myself or some other brave soul into the castle. Even when I fought the Heartless Queen did I command it to stay and fulfill its duty. If your eyes saw it on a rampage, then you are blind. I won't rule out the possibility of their being another one of it. I know of at least twelve more."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 pm

"In your presence and yet the creature unleashed Disney into the seven circles of the Underworld." Back and forth, back and forth. Like a teeter totter of logic vs morality, the strength of evidence pulling the tilt towards logic's favor over time. "You may have not given the command but you didn't stop the action either. The beast is at your beck and call. I find it hard to believe that you could not stop it from destroying the Cornerstone." Hard to believe and yet there was evidence to the contrary.

Beings of Darkness on the lesser intelligence scale were unpredictable. They relied more on instincts to guide their reactions. Which meant even as their course may be guided for them, they were always capable of lashing out on their own terms. Much like animals that needed to be scolded for their mistakes only in this case it was so routine the animal had become numb to the concept. Had that been the case with Ukz? Perhaps the Forteller wasn't as in charge as she initially thought. Just another mad man and his disobedient pet.

If that were the case then it only further drove her curiosity for why such a wild thing would go out of it's way to protect that which it drove to destroy. Regardless of whether intentional or accidental. As she went to further ask on that matter of Disney Town another note of mention caught her tongue. Heartless Queen? Her focus changed in an instant as one of her brows raised. "Beg your pardon. I just realized... Did I hear you say Heartless Queen?" A first by any means. Axis knew of no entity that reigned over the Heartless much less the realm of Darkness as a whole. Least not where this timeline was concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seeker of Retribution Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:34 pm

"My, my, what an accusation." Hayden scoffed at the girl's assertion. Provided, it was accurate, but he wasn't going to confirm or deny it. The Seeker adjusted his stance and brought his legs in closer, making himself appear a little taller than before. He wouldn't be able to admit to this person that she had hit the nail on the head, but he would turn her baseless assumption back onto her. Later. "Yes, I did say Heartless Queen. She was the one responsible for the Heartless horde that appeared in Disney Town. Though, I suppose you'll blame Ukz or myself for that one too, since you weren't there to see her fight me." He shook his head. "I didn't think you'd be the type to blame the beehive, and not the person who stirred it, even if you were just pressing buttons to see what came up."

The Seeker tugged slightly at his bonds, weakly, as if he weren't trying to do anything but remind Axis what she had in front of her. "I'm not sure what power you think you hold, but such arrogance does you no favors. I am not stranger to taking the darkness of the worlds upon my back, but I'll not have you accuse me falsely. If you want a name, I can not give you one. I only know he wore what was clearly Keyblade Armor. He was in the company of a young woman, and he spoke about Halloween Town as though he were a native." He paused for a moment, making extremely certain that his eyes burned into Axis' own. "Yet we still are not at the core of the matter."

Seeker of Retribution
Seeker of Dem Asses ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down