MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
[PST] Soulbound EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
[PST] Soulbound EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
[PST] Soulbound EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
[PST] Soulbound EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

[PST] Soulbound

4 posters

Go down

[PST] Soulbound Empty [PST] Soulbound

Post by Psyper Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 am

Base Ability: Mind and Soul -- Spirit and Psyper are considered as one entity, but they don't share skills or abilities. Spirit lacks a physical representation, and can't be damaged by physical, magical or supernatural means, targeted or affected by status effects in any way, but her life is directly tied to Psyper's. Due to their situation, Spirit's heart can be mistaken as Psyper's, making the latter seem like a Somebody.

Even though Spirit can't be attacked or even observed by those who can't sense hearts/souls, she can still interact with the physical world thanks to her command over Space. She uses this to attack any threats. She is however tethered to Psyper, so she can only go 20 meters from her every character tier.

Base Ability Cool Down: Passive

Tier One
1st Skill: Awareness -- Spirit is aware of every entity in the area.

2nd Skill: Razor Winds -- When there is a threat, Spirit uses the wind to passively do continuous damage in a 10-meter radius around Psyper. The range of this skill increases by 10 meters every character tier, and the damage per post is equal to two full-forced strikes from her. Can last for up to 6 posts. Cooldown is equal to how many posts it has been active.

3rd Skill: Momentum Reset -- Sends out a pulse that removes all momentum and force from all objects within the area of effect. Range is 20 meters per character tier. CD: 5 posts.

4th Skill: Deflect -- Sends out a pulse that reflects all projectiles and projectile-based abilities. Range is 15 meters per character tier. The pulse can reflect abilities that have equivalent power to 50 MP, relative to Spirit's magic tier. CD: 4 posts.

5th Skill: Flaying Wind -- Release a violent wave of wind that immobilizes enemies caught while dealing low-moderate damage for 3 posts. Range is equal to 25 meters per character tier. CD: 2 posts

6th Skill: Aerokinetic Flight -- Uses the wind to allow Psyper and herself to fly.

Last edited by Psyper on Tue May 17, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Psyper
Psyper

Back to top Go down

[PST] Soulbound Empty Re: [PST] Soulbound

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:55 am

Do Note: Spirit would be able to be harmed by abilities/items/individuals that could attack and target intangible/ethereal individuals.

I will ask that the range be decreased to around thirty meters at Tier One for Awareness.

I believe that Razor Winds should have a duration, and a cool down. I'll let you make the suggestions for both and we'll go from there.

Boost the Cool Down on Momentum Reset to Five Posts.

Please note that with Deflect: abilities that are more costly than ~50 MP in scope will overcome this ability and essentially "break" it. Cool Down should be boosted to about Four Posts.

Creating a Tornado at Tier One seems like a fairly extreme feat. I am in not inclined to allow this ability at this tier, despite its low damage. I would recommend replacing it with an ability that has a similar function but is more mild.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyper Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:57 am

I was actually going for her not being damaged at all, so Psyper would be focused instead. Kind of like Gaara's protective sand in a way.

Lowered range to 30

Razor Winds have been given a duration

Momentum Reset's cooldown is now 5

Deflect: Could this scale with either character tier or magic tier?

Flaying Wind: Edited
Psyper
Psyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:29 pm

While an interesting premise, I can cite this as being problematic. I say that it can be hit because there is an implication not from this skill tree, but from the character application that Spirit has a presence of some kind beyond Psyper's body. It was noted there that Spirit can be observed (though not clearly) by individuals who have the ability to detect hearts, while Psyper herself is capable of seeing spirit.

I could have misunderstood. If Spirit is projecting itself for Psyper to see exclusively in a visual hallucination, then my point is moot because it is a personalized experience. But if others can see it without sharing those same sensations directly, then it initially seems to have a presence beyond being simply an individualized phenomenon. That said, I want you to get what you want to get- what you want is not impossible, as a similar concept has been performed on site.

Specifically I refer to Shirou's partner character, who is a data projection. It is not tangible or intangible, just a mess of light projected from Shirou's body that takes the form of a little person as I understand it. A similar explanation could be given here.

I would say no on Deflect, and I only say no to prevent it from having greater utility than the other slots at higher tiers would. There is not yet and appropriate method to scale reflect and barriers to that degree through character tier. That said, what 50 MP means to you does change- at Tier Five Magic, a spell that costs a tier one 50 MP to cast might only cost you five, certain variables taken into account and against this barrier it would be calculated as such.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyper Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 pm

The way she would be seen by people with the power to sense hearts or souls, she'd look like a phantom overlay over Psyper's body, and for Psyper, she's like a hallucination, like you said. I'm not sure how to properly say it, but Spirit, in a way, inhabits Psyper's body, but is found "outside" in a spiritual sense. She'd interact with physical objects through an 'avatar', which often coincides with Psyper's perception of her.

Though I do find a little discrepancy now that I've looked at this and Spirit's profile together. It kinda contradicts that she can be seen by those who can sense souls and hearts, when her ST says she's unobservable. A blunder on my part... But it could also be taken as that she can be seen like that, only she's not actually observed, rather it would seem like she was a representation of an aura, maybe?

That's a similar scaling to what I was aiming for. Also, since the MP thing would be problematic, I worded it so that the power of the reflect spell would be relative to her Magic tier, but kept the range scaling to character tier. If the range could scale off of Magic Prowess though without making it too powerful, then I'd scale it to that instead.
Psyper
Psyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:55 pm

I would still classify that as a an observation, but the explanation you've otherwise offered is an acceptable one. It may be overly pedantic, but the definition of Observe is to "notice/perceive something and register it as being significant". So the qualifications for observation are that it can be noticed or perceived, and then be subjectively quanitifed. It is quite alright if you wish to change the wording in some fashion either in the skill tree or the character app. The blunder, however large or small, need not be arbitrarily permanent and can be adequately addressed.

You could scale the range to either/or. I usually try to encourage scaling to Character Tier, because tying it to magic tier or magic it more magical than supernatural means it can be subject to silence.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyper Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:44 pm

I think this part is okay now with the added passage that she's only unobservable to those who can't sense souls or hearts. Though I take it that because they're considered one entity, if Spirit is observed, so would Psyper, right? If so, then if I use Psyper's skill that makes her invisible and unobservable, Spirit would be too?

Okay, keeping the range scaling to Character tier. Also, if the ability scales with Character and Magic tiers, is it still susceptible to silences?
Psyper
Psyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:56 pm

I would be fine with that interpretation, so yes.

In normal circumstances, yes. However, I'd consider the MP scaling, while related to Magical Prowess, is not enough of a relation to make it susceptible to silence if the ability still primarily functions supernaturally.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zienna Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 am

Alright then. Guess this is good to go?
Zienna
Zienna

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 am

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyper Tue May 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Slight edit to first skill. Ready for reapproval for Gen2!
Psyper
Psyper

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Tue May 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Approved
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content