MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
The Art of Victorious Strikes EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

The Art of Victorious Strikes

2 posters

Go down

The Art of Victorious Strikes Empty The Art of Victorious Strikes

Post by Bright Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Righteous Heart: Bright's attacks/abilities gain an attribute of fire and electricity, which can change at any time, though it comes with a brief cooldown before he can do so again. Whenever he releases a flaming attack, an explosive property dealing moderate damage is added to it and he delivers a force as if he was striking at full force. Whenever electricity is applied, it applies a stun effect that lasts only one second. The stun effect does not stack with itself to give more than what has said to be given as a stun.
Base Ability Cool Down: 2 Posts

Tier One
Eyes of a Hero: Bright's vision is not impeded by outside sources. (Immunity).
F-Zero Space: When in the middle of a string of attacks, Bright can warp to a different position within the vicinity of his intended target. He may only warp once in the time frame of his combo per tier. | 2 Post CD per Warp
Set-Up: Bright delivers an attack that stuns for a whole post, combined with his base ability he may apply the stun to apply into the next victim's post.  | 6 Posts CD
Hitstun: Bright's base ability gains another second of stun per every other tier.
Wavedash: Bright can move in the air relative to his speed and agility whether it be walking in the sky or flying like a falcon. This is granted to him by the element of space, allowing him such flight.

Last edited by Bright on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bright
Bright

Back to top Go down

The Art of Victorious Strikes Empty Re: The Art of Victorious Strikes

Post by Bright Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:06 am

Bump?
Bright
Bright

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 am

Note: I'm going to be honest, the fact you're attempting to blatantly apply Smash Bros. mechanics to a Kingdom Hearts site, will not necessarily mesh well with what is given. However, I will humor your Skill-Tree

BA: What constitutes as the "tip" of the attack? For the sake of simplicity, just say if he scores a direct hit x effect will occur. Lastly for the stun, take away the 1/10th part on the reasoning that it becomes too much to account for when tallied up in competitive roleplay. Just have it so it applies the full second affect.

Tier One:
Eyes of a Hero: I'm treating this is as, "Bright is immune to blind effects and other forms of blindness."

True Combo: I am under the impression that this means if a person was stunned by one hit, they will be stunned again if you attacked within that same post. If this is the case, this move is not allowed for the simple fact this equates to potential stunlock/auto-hits.

Righteous Fists: Higher tier, preferably Tier 3

Hitstun: See BA note above.

Wavedash: How is he able to move in the air as if he was on ground? From what I've seen, you haven't justified him being able to do such a thing.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:17 am

Actually instead of making it super complicated I could just make it so that it's either 1-second stuns or the explosive effect, with either both active simultaneously because it is the base ability or the ability to switch between where a switch cooldown would be added to moderate how often I switch between the two parts of the base.

Saw a similar ability and I think it would apply to indirect affects such as if someone used something to cloud the area with X

If you allow my suggestion, I'll just replace this

So would it be relative to the note, so 1 second per every other tier?

I could just justify it as space-based flight where he moves like he was on the ground but still just as agile and fast. But I am confused as if you guys NEED an elemental justification or if skill trees can just bestow supernatural abilities.
Bright
Bright

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:45 am

That suggestion is fine, actually. I like how you were able to tweak that, so yes.

The affect you're referring to is anything that has to due with vision impairment, right? If so, that'd also be accounted for.

Yes, one second per every other tier

Typically yes, because of the fact that no one can just suddenly fly. Like with characters who utilize nothingness or space, they can alter how gravity and physics work around them to attain something akin to flight. That way it just makes more sense from a technical standpoint, you know?
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bright Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:33 pm

Kk made changes, also added a few new tweaks. I made it so the fire lets him hit at full force, and the electricity loses the knockback. Added a 2-post cooldown for the switch, if that is not enough then let me know.

Made a note that Skill 1 is an immunity

Changed True Combo to F-Zero Space, was based on the approval of a previous few warp-based skills as iirc they were allowed to be in T1, so just trying to make it fit in the double-ultra-combo-EX build I'm going with Bright. If you notice, you can see he's gonna be very confrontational with his attacks.

Changed Righteous Fists to Set-Up. Basically it is a stun that is combined with the base ability to allow for extended stuns. If the cooldown isn't large enough let me know.

Donezo

And reworded the last skill so that I don't unnecesarily impede myself by making myself unable to move in the directions flight gives by restricting it only to simulating ground movements. And added a pun.
Bright
Bright

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:18 am

APPROVED ♥
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content