MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Homesick (Private) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Homesick (Private)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Homesick (Private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Homesick (Private)

Post by Dirge Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 pm

It made Dirge smile inwardly whenever he and Faye started their little spats, because where she believed she showed enough emotions, he thought the opposite. Not to say what she said was wrong by any means but what he really wanted to tell her, was that it's not so black-and-white as crying equals someone giving in. But he was eternally grateful that the queen was able to let her feelings known to him despite her needs. She was terrified and the fear only grew as the darkness did, even Malazon was making a feast of it, something which never sat well with Dirge. Lightly pulling away, he'd take off the gloves that prevented the chaffing from the armor and used a warm, bare hand to gently dry her tears. "It's okay to be afraid. It means you've lost a lot and know what's at stake. Your fear cannot control you if you do not let it, but most of all, it can be used as a weapon against your enemies. You will try your hardest to protect what love from what you fear the most and that determination will bring you strength." He said with a soft smile. "And to Hell with that creature... My queen, I think it's high time we rid you of his presence, since he's a danger to you and the kingdom as a whole. With the Keyblade, we can put an end to his existence entirely. A man like him while he does hold knowledge many others wouldn't dare risk their hearts to take, ultimately does it with his ulterior motives in mind. I personally feel threatened by him because..." Dirge's voice had trailed off.

Their eyes locked, the man suddenly froze, his words left him. No, he knew what he wanted to say but had stopped just short. What was it that stunned him so? Her gaze on his own? The woman's natural beauty? Maybe it was the way how he still gently held her by the arms. Then came her question. Were his words true? During his supposed last moments, did he mean every single word? "Yes." Dirge spoke and his mouth seemed to run dry. A hard gulp was taken before he continued. "I meant every single word. My confession wasn't out of desperation but necessity... As I said, I wanted to leave with no regrets and thus, spoke to you my truest of words..." He trailed off once more. "I love you, Faye. I love you both as the queen of the realm and as the woman before me. I've had twenty whole years to come to this decision and I believe I'm not making it hastily."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:00 am

The sorceress leaned into his palm as he touched her face, placing a hand over his. It made sense to destroy Malazon. With the Keyblade, they finally had the power to do so. Any sane person would have jumped at the chance, and yet Faye hesitated. Yes, holding the seeker prisoner and constantly dealing with him was tiresome, yet he provided crucial information. No one knew how the Heartless worked better than a seeker. Though she would never admit it, his promise of power also held her back. What if the time came that she did need his strength to destroy a threat? No one loathed the darkness more than Faye, but when it came to protecting her people, she would do anything. It also didn't help that Holly's words were also there to influence her decision. It wasn't ideal, but she believed keeping the dark elf around was a good idea. For now, at least. When the Heartless launched another attack, she was going to ask for his council. If he did not comply, she now had Dirge to threaten him. The queen believed that she had all the necessary elements in order to keep the seeker under control. Malazon would have no choice. It was either cooperate or die. Forcing him into submission almost made her giddy. It felt good to have him bound and helpless. He did not dare voice it, but he certainly did feel trapped.

"Malazon is no longer a threat. If he steps out of line he knows you will cut him down." she couldn't help but smirk, especially when she felt the gem grow cold at the mere thought, a sacred weapon cutting through his being and obliterating him forever.

Her heart leaped into her throat when he said yes. What was this? How could this man turn her into a stuttering school girl? Perhaps Dirge was more versed in magic than she thought and had successfully cast an affection spell. Of course that wasn't the reason. She knew that. It was just she had never experienced these feelings before. Never had she been able to confide in anyone, determined to be independent and hold herself up. In her breakdown, Dirge, her faithful knight, had been the first to come to her mind. What did it mean? Faye was not unfamiliar with love. She loved her kingdom, her people, and the light that guided them. This was entirely different, and she was not sure how to react. This affair would not be without risks. If it became public knowledge that she returned the knight's sentiments, he would be marked as a target for all her enemies. If this was to happen, it would have to remain behind closed doors for his protection.

"Dirge," Faye reluctantly pulled away from his embrace and took a look around. She couldn't do this here. It was too open. "Let us find a more private place to continue this." and with that she took his hand, leading the knight back down the winding halls. Her pace slowed as she neared her chambers. It was one thing to invite him inside as her protector; it was entirely another to invite him in as a man. It was inappropriate at best, and sending the wrong signals at worst. Never in her life had she been in this dilemma. She had to trust that Dirge knew her and that her gesture was mostly innocent. "Will you come in?" she asked, her hand resting on the door handle.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 am

And Dirge couldn't help but shiver. Only a few people knew this about her, those being Dirge and Xander, but there were moments when the queen's more... Sadistic side showed itself whenever she had a particular distaste for someone. This case involved Malazon whom she loved to torture. While she didn't feel bad for the Heartless she did feel bad for a person, who had to go through the ringer with her. Nonetheless, he trusted her judgment and nodded.

After all, there wasn't much he could say since he was still in his flustered state and even though she looked upon him, he pretended that he wasn't blushing at all. He confessed once more and made true his feelings for the queen, something that while it ended happily in all of the bedtime stories, never really showed the reality and gravity of the situation. Dirge knew that his love for her could be exploited and wasn't all that daft when it came to how it'd affect her politically. Yet he couldn't contain the words any longer. When invited to go somewhere private, he nodded.

"Yes, my lady." He said firmly and for the first time, held her hand since becoming a human. Dirge was careful to not grip too strongly since that was a problem he had since changing back, but found doing it easier when the queen was the one whose hand the man gripped. Down the hall towards her chambers, a route he was familiar with all too well in the manner that he guarded it often. Above all else, he maintained his code of chivalry and held no expectations from this, other than the room serving as one of the safest spots for them to speak in. Only person there would be Wysteria and she was likely asleep. "With your permission, I shall." There was a light bow he gave before stepping into the room. Once in, he straightened his posture and awaited for her to enter as well.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Faye opened the door, ushering him inside quickly before closing it with a soft click behind her. The fairy dragon sniffed the air, her eyes still closed. She laid back down a moment later realizing it was only Dirge and Faye that had entered and went back to sleep. Moving past Dirge, she began to pace the floor, her heart pounding hard against her chest. So many things were going through her head right now. How stupid this choice could be. How dangerous it could be for Dirge. Would it be selfish of her to return his feelings knowing the position he would be placed in? It wouldn't be fair to ask him to keep this a secret. He could find someone else. A maid that would be proud to flaunt him around and marry him. She could never do that. Not without consequences. At the same time... there was the concern about providing an heir for her kingdom. A child born of her blood and a champion would be celebrated by the common folk and tolerated by the nobles. Yet, she had a feeling that Dirge would not be content to simply be her consort and follow her around like an accessory. There were so many elements that could be influenced by this one choice.

Finally she sighed, stopping in the center of the room and looking at him. "It would be unfair of me to..." she just could not find the right words to say. "I want..." she placed a hand to her temple. "but I fear I would be shackling you to a life you do not want. You deserve much more than whatever I could give you, Dirge."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:30 pm

The knight smiled softly over to Wysteria who stirred momentarily but went to sleep not too long after. There was just the two of them know and Dirge stood ever so defensively, orderly and made sure that he watched for anything that could harm the queen. Yes it was Faye's room but many made the mistake of thinking they were safe in their own walls, so he would make sure that there wasn't any metaphorical cracks that could lead to the queen's harm. During this, he managed to see that Faye had been contemplative of everything going on. Dirge didn't speak up because he knew she was a woman who required her space and time to think, so he waited for her to prompt him on answering. There would be a brief silence between the two of them.

And he knew it based on how she stopped, turned to him, then began to address the knight. She started off unsure of what to say but he remained attentive and let her sift through the words. The queen was frustrated, obviously, but that's what made this all the more adorable. After hearing her reservations about it all, there was a light chuckle that escaped his lips. "Shackling me? Such a unattractive way of putting it, my queen. Honestly, you've given more than I could have ever hoped for." He said softly then turned to the balcony entrance and walked over to it. The man peered outside and closed his eyes, now thinking how he used to dwell in the very same room as a dragon. "I expected you to put me to the sword once you claimed the throne. I was ready for whatever fate you had in store for me even after I begged for your forgiveness. I even had the audacity to ask to be apart of your knights despite my draconic affliction. Yet you spared me and saw me as something more than just a... Creature. You saw me for the man who I was and forgave me for all the things I had done. I neglected to help you all those years ago and yet you hadn't neglected your kindness. You took me in, gave me a purpose and the people grew to respect and love me afterwards." Dirge smiled softly, looking down at his feet. "You've given me more than you think, my queen. I don't think I deserved all of it and yet... Here I am. Alive, human, I've regained my honor and now.." The man turned to face her with a light blush to his cheeks. "I've fallen in love after resigning myself to the reality that no one could ever love a dragon. I want a life with you, my queen. That much I'm certain of."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:45 pm

His laugh confused her. Isn't that exactly what she would be doing? Why would that cause him to laugh? As he continued to speak, she began to understand. Her heart soared upon hearing his words. Finally, she was making some sense of these wild emotions. This man was her weakness. Whether she accepted him as a lover or not, that would never change. That much became clear when he was ready to sacrifice himself for the good of the kingdom. The thought of losing him had left her so distraught and now that he was back, alive and well, she refused to suffer through that again. If there was no escaping this then she could try embracing it. This would be one more torture she would no longer have to inflict on herself. If Dirge was willing to try this with all the faults that may come with it then what was holding her back?

Faye followed him outside, standing next to him with her arms folded over her chest. For a while, she was silent. "I am not sure how this works. Aside from what I have seen of nobles frolicking around the galas with all that giggling and shameless sex behind the curtains, I am clueless to the workings of a more," she cleared her throat. "Intimate relationship. This is all new to me. So, you will have to be patient. With that said," her cheeks began to heat up, she found it difficult to meet his gaze. How was she supposed to say this? I must confess that I too share your sentiments, Dirge? No that was ridiculous. I have come to be enamoured with you as well. No, no, no. My affection for you is quite high? None of that sounded right at all. It was forced and unnatural. Perhaps just a simple statement would be enough. Yes, that was the best she could do. Taking a deep breath, she said, softly. "I love you, Dirge." she bit the inside of her cheek as her face grew from a lovely pink to a bright red. "So, what are we supposed to do now? Shall we find the closet white steed and gallop into the dawn?" a nervous laugh escaped her. This unfamiliar territory was a bit overwhelming. She despised not knowing what to do.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:56 pm

There they stood side by side and had gazed onward. The silence wasn't awkward by Dirge's account and he took in a deep breath as he relished in it. When she spoke up, he turned eyes over to her and ended up laughing a little more. Nervousness could explain why he was quick to laugh, definitely because of the whole situation. "Believe me, I'm in similar shoes." Most men wouldn't admit to such a thing, they'd take charge and lie about how romantic they could become, but not him. Dirge was an exception to the more boisterous type of male and had been a more down to earth type of man. "I'll be patient, my qu-" He stopped and decided to take the risk. "My love."

And with that, he turned around fully to meet her eyes. His own orange-green widened for a moment and even glistened after she reciprocated the love. A bright blush came to his face once more and with a gentle hand, took her own into his. He shared in her laughter about the steed and shook his head. "We do what makes you feel comfortable. Whether that's exploring the worlds like you used to do, in your free time, or we visit places we favor within the kingdom and enjoy it with one another rather than being alone." He explained and gave a light smile. "Everything else will come naturally, I suppose. Those are just things off the top of my head, so it shall be a learning experience for the both of us. One I'll greatly enjoy." Dirge commented and the next risk he took, was leaning in slowly. His lips touched upon her forehead and he gave her a lasting kiss on it, before he brought her in for a loving embrace. "I love you too, Faye."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 am

A giggle--not a mature chuckle or laugh--but a giggle rumbled through her chest when he called her his love. Though it was embarrassing for her to react in that manner, it felt nice. Far nicer than she could ever imagine. As for agreeing to take the pace of their relationship be what she desired, she was relieved. There had been a part of her worried about how soon she would have to start pleasing him in bed, and honestly, she just was not ready for that yet. There was too much on her mind as it were to think about the workings of sexual intercourse. Some might argue that it would relax her, but she wasn't so sure. She had no intention of telling him she was a virgin queen until the moment it was necessary. By the light, that was not something she needed to worry about right now. There was no rush and she was completely fine with that.

"I do miss exploring the worlds." she said, reminiscing about all the strange lands she had seen in her travels. "It has been years since I have left the kingdom, though I never wanted my next departure to be under these circumstances. I would like to ask for a vacation when this threat is gone... Light, that's selfish of me." she laughed, shaking her head. "Who would I even leave behind in my stead? The council would surely cause some sort of scandal without my guidance. I am the only thing that keeps them in line. It's like dealing with children, but they have their usefulness and serve the people well."

Her cheeks remained red as he leaned down, kissing her forehead. He really was a gentleman. Oddly enough, her heart sank. She was just a tad disappointed. The sorceress decided to be bold herself, reaching up to cradle his face in her hands. "I am not that prude." she said, a light smirk playing upon her lips. Though she had never done so before, Faye brought his face down to her level and gently pressed her lips to his.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Faye's giggle had him all smiles at that point, hearing it filled his heart with a warmth that couldn't compare to the heat of a dragon. A moment of happiness just like this out of all the strife they've been through lately, was a slice of heaven. Perfect in the eyes of the warrior, who didn't think this possible until it finally happened. All done by the woman who he held in his arms. Truly, she was a worker of miracles.

"You could always leave Xander in charge." Dirge laughed in return, knowing full well that the man would have gone ballistic with just one day in politics. Being a fellow knight, they both understood that they didn't have the patience with eloquence and earning trust. They enjoyed getting down into the nitty-gritty of things. "We'll find a way, of course. We're a resourceful couple, no?" He smiled, leaning his cheek into the hand that caressed it. Then, he was taken by surprise.

Told that the queen wasn't so stiff and further shown this by the way she pulled him in for a kiss, it was both impressive and scary at the same time. The queen easily showcased her moxie with that one action, one he returned deeply and lovingly. When they eventually broke the kiss, he gazed into her eyes and gently rubbed noses with her. "I can never be too careful. I've seen firsthand what an angry Faye could do and lets just say it scared me, even as a dragon."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

The queen leaned her head against his chest, listening to the beat of his heart. It was nice to hear his was pounding away just as hard as her own. Confessing how she felt, Faye felt a sense of calm come over her. This would be okay. Everything would be okay. Here with him, she could forget about the Heartess and the strife filled worlds if only for a moment. She would appreciate any relief from the pressure constantly weighing down upon her psyche.

At the mention of fearing to make her angry, she gave Dirge the most innocent look. Faye was a kind and loving queen, but when she was crossed she changed into a vindictive and wicked woman. Her punishments for the truly vile criminals--enemies of Enchanted Dominion that threatened the peace--were kept under wraps from the public eye. They were not pleasant. No doubt her practices would be under great scrutiny from the more modern worlds were it ever known. Her own people would be shocked, but they would come to agree with the familiar medieval mindset. Mercy only came to those who deserved it, and she was not very forgiving to those who made others suffer for a living.

"You need not tread around me on pins and needles, dear." she was surprised how naturally that came to her. "Learn to read me and you should be fine. Though you do that quite well already. she gave him a gentle smile.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:17 pm

A look of pure innocence shook Dirge down to the very core. His eyes widened briefly at the sight but Faye appeared so very adorable. This woman had a lot of influence over the man and he scarcely could tell that, but he'd be willing to die over and over again for the queen, just to see her continuously smile and be adorable. Taking a hand, he gently cupped her cheek and chuckled softly, nodding to her advice.

"But of course, love. I'm just... How should I say...? I'm new to all this, you know?" Dirge admitted, not really thinking about how he just sounded. But that was the truth of it. The man never really had a lasting or actual relationship beyond that which consisted of the flesh. A virgin by no means but a man with no real romantic relationship experiences, he followed his instincts essentially. The way how he tried to rationalize it, was that they still be the same with one another, a little more open about their troubles and now introduce romance into it. He felt his stomach knot up a bit with butterflies. "But besides that, I'm... Very, very happy." He started. "Happy that we can be like this, just us as Faye and Dirge. It feels so right, so natural... You make me happy, Faye, so very much."

The knight said so that only the two of them could hear and beamed at her, blushing brightly. Dirge had truly found his one treasure in the world.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:38 am

"It pleases me to hear you say that. You are a light I so desperately need in my life and I do not intend to let you slip from my grasp." the queen finally stepped away from his embrace, though reluctantly. "I believe I may be able to sleep now. There is so much to do..." she walked back into her room, pacing once again. "Tomorrow I intend to arrange a meeting with the sultan, queen Morgan, and king Gwain--if they are available. After that, I have will have to have a word with the council to see how our progress is coming along. Then I need to walk among the refugees and spend time with my people. Oh! And if there is time, I will start working on my new dress. Thought I doubt I will." the sorceress ended her ramble with a sigh.

Shedding off her robe, she sat down on the edge of her bed, rubbing her hand along the intricate fabric of her quilt. The fashion and architecture of this world was lovely. If only the environment wasn't so dead and depressing. Faye met the knight's eyes, offering him a kind smile. "Good night, Dirge and thank you. You have helped to put my heart at ease. You're welcome to tuck me if you like." she spoke the last words in jest, thought she wouldn't be opposed to the idea. "You should get some rest too. I'd hate to command you to do so as I did with Xander. I need both of my noble knights to remain in peak condition."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 am

Her statement about never letting him go warmed his heart further. When their embrace ended he took it for what it was, but was glad that the queen had found the will to sleep once more. Being the ever attentive man he was, Dirge listened to her plans. A meeting concerning some highly influential figures and a meeting with the council sounded very... Droll. But at the very least she was going to spend the day tending to the needs of the people, something that'd raise their spirits. "A very 'you' schedule, if I do say so myself." The man laughed and watched her move over to the bed.

The robe came off and his tongue was caught by a metaphorical cat. Their eyes met, he was stunned and likely caught gazing at her body. She was too beautiful and all she did was offer him a smile, plus a little bonus. A chance to tuck her in. He bowed immediately and briskly came over to her. "As you wish, my love." And with that, he had pulled back enough of the sheet and blankets, so that she may crawl under them. When she was nice and comfortable, he'd bring them up to her shoulders and kiss her lips as a goodnight gesture. "Don't worry, I'm not that hard-headed. I'll be asleep and ready for whatever you'll have me do." He assured, took a step back and gave her another bow. "Sweet dreams, dear. Please don't hesitate to come for me if you ever need anything. I'll be by your side in a heartbeat."

And with that, the knight started on his way out of her chambers. His heart thumped with joy as he walked, feeling a sense of happiness that was unknown to him. He'd surely have a good night's sleep tonight.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:53 am

Faye climbed under the blankets, snuggling down into the feather soft mattress with a content sigh. Never would the woman admit that she was cute, but in that moment she surely was. The redness came back to her cheeks as the knight gave her one last goodnight kiss. She felt almost like a child. Such a strange position to be in, but she enjoyed this change of pace. Nodding with a pleasant smile on her lips, she watched him as he left the room, her gaze lingering on the door several minutes after his departure. These events had cleared her troubled mind of the darkness trying to plague her heart; for now it beamed with a strong light thanks to Dirge. Her resolved had been strengthened and the darkness could do nothing but cower in fear. Closing her eyes, sleep quickly came to the queen, a peaceful slumber that she had not had in days.

[End Topic]
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2