MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Nyx' Skill Tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Nyx' Skill Tree

3 posters

Go down

Nyx' Skill Tree Empty Nyx' Skill Tree

Post by Changeling Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:07 pm

Base Ability: As One -- Nyx can attach herself to a host, making their bodies meld into one. She often resides inside the host's body, hidden from natural senses, but can project herself out at will to attack enemies or defend her host. While merged, Nyx and her host act as extensions to one another, and both has access to each other's skill trees (up to corresponding tiers only) and abilities.

(Assume all effects on this skill tree affects Nyx's host while attached, unless stated otherwise.)
Base Ability Cool Down: Passive

Tier One
1st Skill: My Vessel -- Nyx' host gains a slight boost in damage resistance per Character Tier. (Moderate at T3)
2nd Skill: Mirage -- Toggled Passive. When activated, Nyx gains a slight boost in agility per Magic Prowess Tier, and blurry, smoke-like shadows trail Nyx' (and her host's, while attached) movements to disorient enemies.

As for scaling by tier, it goes like so: T1 - slight, T2 - low-moderate, T3 - moderate, T4 - high-moderate, T5 - severe
3nd Skill: Hunter -- Nyx' senses are much more acute than the common heartless, being able to tell the general locations of her allies and enemies, even if they are not directly observable, like when they're invisible. This does not affect the functionality of abilities or skills that rely on not being observed, but Nyx can still tell where they are. This becomes much more accurate at higher character tiers.
4rd Skill: Shadow Burn -- When suffering damage done by Nyx or her host, the target will take additional slight damage for three posts. The same individual cannot be affected again for six posts, the countdown starting from the initial activation.
5th Skill: Shadow Fire -- Nyx summons a trio of small, fist-sized shadow flames that float around her, which she can send after enemies to deal low-moderate damage each. The flames can either lock on to a target, or be shot in a straight line. Their speed is equivalent to half her MAG Tier, rounded up (T3 SPD at T5 MAG).
6th Skill: Linked -- Incoming damage and healing is freely distributed between the two while they are merged. When merged with a host, abilities assume they are one entity.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Inferno -- While merged, Nyx augments her host's weapons to add moderate wildfire-based damage. The augmentation is visible via a reddish smoke-like shadow emanating from the weapons. The same effect can be seen on projectiles fired by the weapons as well,  leaving a trail of shadows behind.
2nd Skill: Mirrored -- Nyx creates two copies of her host which come with a replica of any one of her host's weapons. The weapons deal the same base damage, but default to darkness, however the copies themselves are rather weak, and easily dispatched. The copies are more akin to regular heartless in form, lacking colors, and their eyes are red instead of yellow. Fighting prowess aren't up to par either. For all intents and purposes (including for this skill tree), consider them as heartless, but they can't be controlled by anyone other than Nyx and her host. Only two copies per character tier can be active at a time. CD: 7 posts

All the clones' stats are T2, except END, which is set to T1
3rd Skill: Rally -- Once every five posts, Nyx can call upon two Neoshadows to fight for her. Only up to 2 per Character Tier can be active at a time. These ones have red eyes instead of yellow, and possess the following stats: T1STR T2END T1MAG T2SPE T3AGI T1SYN
4th Skill: Invoke Dominance -- Heartless that she didn't summon but succumb under her control have their eyes change to red and gain a slight boost in STR and SPD. Only 5 can be turned at a time.
5th Skill: Martyr -- Defeated heartless under her control (ones with red eyes) explode to deal moderate dark wildfire damage.

Last edited by Changeling on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Nyx' Skill Tree Empty Re: Nyx' Skill Tree

Post by Greed Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

Passives do not stack however, and Nyx has her own charges if an ability requires them.

Remove this.

Sharing a skill-tree is fine, just be aware that they are shared: any skill that uses a Cooldown will put the ability into a state of Cooldown for both participants, any ability only usable a certain number of times will have those uses shared amongst each sharer of the tree, etc.

Mirage functions based on what happens in the Roleplay versus actually effecting characters in a finite way, as 'disorientation' is subjective to Endurance and experience with the ability. You may either remove the 'moderate' descriptor (which removes the statistic element completely) or simply say the smog moderately increases your agility, making it easier to dodge. I would suggest the latter, in an effect similar to as follows:

The user exudes a fog behind him/her (and the host, if applicable) that is difficult to see through and may cause disorientation. While this fog is active, the user gains a moderate boost to agility.

It would be more beneficial to you if Hunter's effects were much more descriptive. Nothing technically needs to be changed if you are setting up for a skill to build off of it, but as of now it has no real competitive application.

Shadow Burn needs a description of what a 'mark' is and a method of delivery: either target, AoE, Contact, or some sort of other appropriate medium.

Shadow Fire can deal moderate-low damage each. Needs a range and estimated speed (slow, medium, fast, etc.)

Linked health pools are not an aspect of this site, and therefore this ability has no function. You could say that all damage dealt is divided between the two while they are joined, which should be fine in my opinion.

Inferno can be moderate-high, methinks.

Mirrored seems a little powerful for a Tier 2 skill. Unless a precedent on supernatural clones and their toughness was set elsewhere, and seeing as how this scales with your character, I would say that them only being able to take 1/3rd the damage before dispatched.

Everything else looks fine. Just my opinions, though, and in no way are mine a reflection of the staff or the actual site's precedents, just what I understand of them currently.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Directory : Everything About Greed

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:11 am

Edited as suggested, but I'll be waiting on official word on Mirrored. I did change the damage they could take to a third though.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:55 am

BA: Be aware that you'll also share cool downs on abilities that are undergoing the cool down process. Make sure you take note of that during rps.

Tier One:
My Vessel: At Tier One, a moderate increase can only be allowed if there is a proper cost for it. I can allow you to have a slight increase to it though.

Mirage: This will need a duration and cool down, considering you are giving Nyx a moderate increase in a stat and it's a toggled ability.

Shadow Fire: I will assume that you mean you meant low-moderate damage. Also, could you specify how these flames will attack the enemy? Will they fly at them at a certain speed and aim to crash into them? You know, something along those lines.

Tier Two:
Inferno: With the moderate-high damage scale, you'd need to add a duration for how long the augmentation lasts on the weapons and a bit of a cool down. I'd say a suggestion of lasting for 5 posts, while going on a 4 post cool down.

Mirrored: Their stats are on par with a normal Shadow Heartless, correct? If so, then that's all good.

Rally: As of right now, I'd have a cap on how many Neoshadows you can summon. It's a stretch on my part, but I'd say keep it at four Neoshadows for right now. You can always add another +2 in the next tier you get.

Invoke Dominance: For this, you may only be able to do one of two things. You can have a moderate increase to one of their stats, or a slight increase to two of them. Also, be aware that if there are Heartless on a higher tier and END tier than Nyx, she won't be able to turn them. I'll also have to ask for a cap of 5 heartless being able to be turned at a time.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:10 am

My Vessel: changed to slight boost per character tier

Mirage: changed to scale with Magic Tier (added tentative scaling). And yes, I'm aware that this will make it susceptible to silences. As much as possible, I want to keep it a passive. Also, note that this boost will apply to Zulu while Nyx is merged with him.

Shadow Fire: Yeah, it seemed to sound much smoother to me. Made it so the ability can either be a skill shot or a targeted spell, as well as tweaking the mechanics slightly. Scaling projectile speed added.

Inferno: I forgot to specify that this comes into play only when she's merged with her host. Lowered the boost to moderate. Again, as much as possible, I'd want to keep this as a passive, but if it can't be helped, I can add the cooldowns and durations.

Mirrored: Actually, if there's a way it would scale with her host, I'd opt for that. Also added that it can't be controlled by other people.

Rally: Done, made it scale with character tier since it has the same effect.

Invoked Dominance: Chose STR and SPD for the slight boost. I need a little clarification on what you mean on the limits. Do you mean NPC Heartless, or PC Heartless? And would her END have to at least match theirs to get them to turn?
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:46 am

Inferno: I didn't know it only worked when merged, but if that's how it is, then it's fine to be passive.

Mirrored: If it was scaled every other Tier, then that's fine.

Invoked Dominance: NPC Heartless are what you're limited to and from what I've been told from staff, this is going to be a Character Tier scaling in order to turn them.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:11 am

Edited
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:25 pm

APPROVED ♥