MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Chaos Energy EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Chaos Energy EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Chaos Energy EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Chaos Energy EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Chaos Energy EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Chaos Energy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Chaos Energy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Chaos Energy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Chaos Energy EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Chaos Energy

2 posters

Go down

Chaos Energy Empty Chaos Energy

Post by JeY k Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:25 am

Base Ability:
Chaos Energy - Legend to be the most powerful element one could wield, JeY has achieved what he refers to as the perfect combination of Light and Darkness create this energy. This limitless source of energy is exceptionally potent and bears no element, thus is resisted by nothing although nothing is weak to it either. It lets the user perform almost any feat one could with the simple concept of raw energy and should not be underestimated, despite having a fluorescent pink color. The main focus of this skill is Destruction and Creation.

It’s not to be confused with any type of magic, instead it’s more of a polarized and concentrated entity of pure force, created from inexhaustible engine that is JeY’s conscious.

At it’s base, JeY can fire Chaos energy as a projectile in the form of a sphere or a ray, which travels incredibly quick and makes impact nearly instantly, with slight knockback and damage. [Costs 1 charge]

Base Ability Cool Down:
([Tier] x 20) Chaos Charges. After 9 posts of not using a charge, 100% of his charges are restored [This decreases by 1 for each tier].

Tier One
1st Skill: Destroy; JeY’s next Chaos-based projectile will explode violently for additional range and knockback. [Uses an additional 2 charges]

2nd Skill: Create; JeY forms a shape of solid, nearly impenetrable* Chaos energy. Typically used to defend himself, it could be used in utility as well. [Strength equal to Character Tier] [Costs 1 charge per entity or small cluster of entities, entities larger than himself take additional charge multiplicative of his own size] [Each additional post of use drains the same amount of initial charges]

3rd Skill: Stalemate; by influencing the very fabric of the arcane out from a spell, JeY may redirect the trajectory of a single magical projectile. [Costs 3 charges]

4th Skill: Psychosis - Body; JeY can temporarily increase Strength, Speed, and Agility by a slight amount. This cannot stack. [For 3 posts] [Costs 8 charges]

5th Skill: Endless Energy; JeY is immune to SPE debuffs. [Passive]

Tier Two
1st Skill: Universe; JeY can open up a portal to anywhere he has been before, or if he has an Aura Trace on a person, anywhere they have been. He can also vector himself through portal on top of him to create the effect of instantly teleporting. [Costs 2 charges]

2nd Skill: Psychosis - Kinesis; By imbuing an inanimate object (smaller than himself) with Chaos energy, he can telekinetically manipulate it without using any physical strain. Larger objects require strenuous mental effort. [Costs 3 times (amount of JeY's that can fit inside said object rounded up) charges] [

3rd Skill: Psychosis - Hyperchant; JeY can imbue himself with the ability to fly for a decent period of time. [For 10 posts] [Costs 10 charges]

4th Skill: Upgrade I; base ability can now take the form of a dome that expands by pulsing from around JeY or a wide shockwave that does not expand instead travels in a single direction. Base ability attacks now inflict moderate damage and knockback. [Passive]

Tier Three
1st Skill: Culmination; Stalemate can be used for free on light-based or dark-based spells, completely neutralize them, and restore 5-15 charges to JeY based on the strength of the spell that was neutralized.  [Passive]

2nd Skill: Render; A small (5-foot diameter) targeting Chaos cloud is generated above the area and casts a shadow. The cloud can be moved before it discharges. After a few seconds, a bolt of Chaos energy strikes the surface, dealing light damage and inflicting paralysis and silence for a brief period to anything inside the shadow. [Paralysis lasts 1 post, silence lasts 4 posts] [Costs 15 charges]

3rd Skill: Upgrade II; base ability can now be used to create a focal point on the battlefield, and use it as a center for using an attack. Creating focal points does not use charges, using them does and consumes the focal point. Base ability attacks now inflict heavy damage and knockback. [Passive]

Tier Fourth
1st Skill: Psychosis - Battlehide; JeY’s Chaos energy is so potent that it repels unwanted matter from his physical being. [Passive] [JeY’s skin cannot be pierced by physical matter; severely lessens knockback and impact damage]

2nd Skill: Upgrade III; Using Chaos energy offensively has no form limitations. Base ability attacks now inflict severe damage and knockback. [Passive]

Tier Five
1st Skill: Ultimate Power; Offensive Light, Dark, and Chaos abilities/skills have no costs or cooldowns. [Passive] [Only affects abilities that inflict damage or debuffs]

Last edited by JeY k on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 10 times in total
JeY k
JeY k

Directory : Here

Back to top Go down

Chaos Energy Empty Re: Chaos Energy

Post by Game Master Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 pm

To note: I am not approving this full skill tree. I am only approving the base ability, and the first tier. When you hit the next character tier we can revisit this skill tree to approve that section.

Given the amount of charges, and it standing in for MP for this character, I'm going to insist that it follow similar rules to MP cool down for its recharge- after nine posts of not using charges, they will automatically refresh. Each time you grow a character tier, it  will take one post less. Since it would follow similar to MP, you could potentially regain these charges faster as well using specialized potions or abilities.

I should also note that Chaos Energy, barring its origin, seems to function exactly as non-elemental magic would.

For Destroy, keep in mind that T1 skills can only deal slight damage.

For Create, on site barriers can only last for a post unless constantly sustained by their source, meaning to hold it for longer than a post you would be continually pouring the same amount of charges into it. Also, barriers are more powerful here: at T1, a single barrier can block up to 50MP worth of pure damage without being destroyed (something like 51 MP would break it). However, it can block multiple successive spells of the same strength. This follows with physical hits- a person needs at least T2 strength to break this.

The only element that can implement true negation a spell is Nothing. Stalemate can not work as it currently exists.

For Endless Energy: stamina does not exist on Mirage Hearts, and by extension neither do stamina debuffs. You are also attempting to halve debuffs on three stats with a T1 skill. This is too powerful for the tier.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 pm

My style regarding character approval is to discuss all changes and then make one big edit at the end.

Destroy: Keep in mind damage was not one of the explicit modifiers given in the description so ;P

Create: Unfortunately this WAS an implication. I remembered reading that your definition of barriers was the rule so I assumed that's how it would have to work regardless of how I phrased it as long as I described that it was indeed a barrier, but I can add specific wording in there if it makes you feel better. As for adding the continuous manifest cost, can certainly do.

Stalemate: Can I redirect the path of magical projectiles then, at least? (not fully, but make them change direction once) Otherwise, give me your best solution according to this site's rules (since I simply don't know) what your best interpretation of 'spell usurping' I can get away with?

Endless Energy: is two stats too powerful? My go to was SPE and AGI since that's pretty much what it's doing. Is there an equivalent to stamina or something? basically the gist of the ability is "JeY doesn't suffer negative effects from taking a beating or overexerting"

JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:24 pm

If you wish, you may do that.

Stalemate: you may redirect a projectile.

Two stats at tier one is too powerful. There is no equivalent to stamina- the negative effects an individual suffers from fighting is just general wear and tear on your body, but not exhaustion. The closest to stamina is Endurance, which just determines how much damage you as a character can sustain in total.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Sweet.

Can Endless Energy just negate SPE debuffs and just that then?

Edit: I made the necessary edits and an assumption about the Endless Energy thing. If that's all good, this skill tree (up to T1) should be good to go. If there's still something else, let me know and I'll be sure to fix it =)
JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:02 am

Endless energy can make you immune to Speed Debuffs at T1.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:34 am

Changes are there, sweetie~
JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Upgrade me baby~
JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:36 am

Is there a limitation of some kind on Psychosis?

How exactly is the last ability passive? Seems as though it is activated.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:32 am

No, the Active is his base ability. The 4th ability modifies the base ability to give it an extra function/increasing its strength, therefore the skill itself is passive because it augments the base ability (which has the same stuff, it just now has more stuff). I  cannot activate the 4th skill, but I can use the Base Ability differently because of the 4th skill.

For 'Psychosis', I would ask which one? But, I'll address both of them.
Kinesis: It says 'inanimate object' which is a limitation, but other than that, what restrictions would be required?

Hyperchant: I hate to use this as an example, but it's closely related to DBZ-style.
JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Ah, I see I missed the attack portion of the base ability.

Mountains are inanimate, for example.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JeY k Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:39 pm

I fixed it. =)
JeY k
JeY k

Back to top Go down