MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)

2 posters

Go down

Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) Empty Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 pm

Baldamar Macgowan, traveling blacksmith and unmatched craftsman, had come to an impasse of sorts. He had decided to retire his nomadic ways, and saw this great school of the sword to be the perfect place to settle down. As chance would have it, they had only recently opened, and had been in need of willing staff. It was a request he answered with enthusiasm, anticipating a calm life of sharing his craft with hungry young minds, ushering in a wave of skilled young smiths to keep the markets steady when he no longer could. He was accepted onto the staff board and given a position on-site. he had just about everything he'd aimed for. At least, on paper he did. Standing there in the hallway with the yellow cart of water and a mop, he had stopped to think about his real situation and concluded it wasn't quite what he had in mind.

That was not something he'd let hold him back, though. Instructional or maintenancial, he was now a part of this staff, and he could settle with such a compromise for the time being. There would always be chances for promotion later. All he had to do was prove his worth, and so he took up his mop and ensured it was used just as it was meant to be. Wipe floor, wring, grab more water from the cart. It was slow work, but not overbearing, seeing as he was used to pounding steel in the light of a furnace. These conditions would be nothing for a professional like him! It went swimmingly, and he felt as if there was good progress being made. That is, until he stopped again, looked around, and realized he hadn't made that much distance from where he'd started. The facility was massive, and the slow progression of this particular task intimidated him. But no challenge was above him. In fact, it merely hardened his resolve, as there was no chance he'd let a hallway best him!

Again he took the mop in hand, and with a new vigor he set about thoroughly wiping, scrubbing and otherwise cleansing the tiled floors that opposed him. In his eyes, it was now a challenge he was obligated to step to. To anyone else, it would look like a man in a heavy apron was very enthusiastically mopping a floor that had actually been cleaned by the Darksons' other staff the night before, and probably wouldn't need to be touched up for about half a week or so.
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) Empty Re: Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)

Post by Griffin Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Looking around the busy courtyard, Griffin felt a sickening taste in his mouth. The place was so large, and there were so many people! How could he cope? Taking a deep breath, he took his calming ritual to slow to his racing heart. "One, One, Two, Three, Five..." He continued. Griffin used to recite this when he was younger but now just did it whenever.

His question of how to cope was answered a few minutes later, when he just opened the book he had with him and began to read, not losing pace as he walked into an almost empty hall. It was a practiced skill, and nine times out of ten, he could make it from A to B without walking into anything.

But it appeared this was the one time, as he bounced off the Cleaning Cart. Both went in opposite directions, with him landing in a small puddle. "Ahh!" He was startled by the feeling of moisture on his behind. Griffin quickly jumped up, Almost dropping his book. Trying to get the moisture out, he used the handkerchief in his pocket (yes he carries one!) to try to absorb the moisture.
Griffin
Griffin

Directory : DIRECTORY

Back to top Go down

Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN) Empty Re: Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:02 pm

Baldamar, absorbed in his duty, was caught off-guard by the hefty cart of water rolling into him from behind. Though his own mass stopped it in its tracks, the collision sent him into a stumble, leading his boot into the waterborne tiling that he'd just had his mop on. The slick floor didn't hold him, and his footing was soon gone. He fell sideways, landing hard on his shoulder with his boot kicking against the base of the wall to his right. His mop clattered to the floor as he regained his bearings, processed what had happened, and noticed that he wasn't upright anymore.

Thankfully, his attire didn't retain any liquids like those he slipped in- If they could, then he'd be a hazard at the forge. The most he had to do on his slow ascent to a stand was wipe some of the water from his left shoulder. Curious as to what had moved his cart, he looked past it, and saw someone on the ground. Had he run into the cart? Probably so, he concluded silently as he stepped over, leaning down and offering a gloved hand to the boy, who was probably one of the students. "Y'alright, friend? Looks like ye took a bit of a fall there."
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 am

Admittedly, he was a little embarrassed. And by embarrassed meant that his face was as bright as a tomato. "I'm fine," He said, radiating heat like the sun. "Just a tad surprised, that's all."

Griffin took the hand of the...janitor? Had to be the janitor, he was cleaning the floors. "Thanks, he said as he pulled himself up. Griffin was a bit wet, due to the puddles, but it should dry soon, even faster if he had an affinity for Fire or Water, instead of Wind and Thunder, as it wouldn't be a good idea to zap himself.

Feeling a bit awkward, Griffin shook the hand he was still holding. "I'm Griffin. Nice to meet you."
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:04 pm

He responded to the shake immediately, with a hefty shake of his own. "'Griffin', eh? Fierce!" he commented, finding he rather liked the name. Perhaps he didn't believe every myth that was ever told, but he was a fan of them as good fiction. "Name's Baldamar," came his own introduction. "Blacksmith, and, ah... Maid, I s'pose." He gave a glance backward in respect to the cart he was bound to. His gloved hand left that of the student, though a layer of black pitch now coated the boy's palm. Baldamar didn't give it much thought as he took the mop in hand again. "Classes won't be startin' too soon, so take yer time and get acquainted with the buildin' 'fore ye head off. Don't wanna get lost in this place."
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:07 am

"Fierce?" Griffin laughed, It was a rare way to describe him, since he himself didn't even compare to the bear in front of him. "Nice to meet you Baldamar."

He frowned at the ash on his hand and tried to discretely rub it off, listening to the blacksmith-maid. "Okay, then. Bye for now, then." Griffin waved as he shoved his handkerchief in his pocket, and began making his way down the hall, forgetting about his book, which had escaped the puddle but was lying open on the ground.

((Feel free to make up the book, he'll read about anything-excluding romance))
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Not much attention was paid to the departure until something was dropped onto the floor. "H-Hey, oi!" he called after the student, abandoning his mop yet again to approach the item. A short bend-over to grab and close the book. "Forgot yer, uh... 'Bored'o the Things!" Waving the rather dense book in the air, he tried fervently to grab the boy's attention. He didn't think much about the potential to lose hold of the book and potentially send it away at high velocity. He swung hammers all day- This little thing would be no challenge.
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 am

About halfway down the hall, due to his fast walking pace, Griffin heard the Blacksmith-maid's loud voice. Unmistakenly meant for him. Turning around, he saw the book he was reading earlier being waved frantically in the air. Hopefully, he had a good grip, it might shatter a window -or a wall- if let go.

Running over, Griffin thanked Baldamar. "Thanks, sir. This is from the library, and I would have been in so much trouble if I lost it on my first day." He reached for the book in the other man's hands.
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Baldamar handed the item to its renter, though he raised a brow at the mention of its origins. "We have a library..?" he wondered aloud before shaking his head and dispelling his confusion. Of course they'd have a library! It just so happened he hadn't found it yet. He'd have to invest in a map sometime, or maybe one of those navigational gizmos people would put into ships and buses. "Just make sure ye don't go droppin' it 'round less observant folk, y'hear?" With that, he gave a firm pat to the boy's shoulder. His curiosity got the best of him, however. "Whassat even about, anyway? I don't bother much keepin' a books'o me own."
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:26 am

He was a little surprised at Baldamar not knowing there was a Library. Griffin thought it was obvious. Maybe he just hadn't been there yet. "I'll try not to lose it again, thanks."

Griffin felt his spine break into tiny pieces as Baldamar patted him on the shoulder. The Blacksmith HAD to be strong, didn't he? Hopefully, he didn't need a doctor,

"Um, well, It's a Compilation of books about this person called Bor-ed... Yeah, I know, it is a weird name." He sighed. "Anyway, Bor-ed comes in possession of this thing that grants power, and this evil Demon-lord wants it back, so Bor-ed must destroy it before the demon-lord gets the thing." Griffin laughed quietly to himself, as the book seemed completely irrational when explained.
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm

The smith gave a hearty chuckle of his own at the absurd premise of the book. "Must be one heck of a 'thing'," be commented. "Y'ever think yerself in need of sommat 'long those lines, come to me, boy. Fancy I'm quite the smith as well." He proudly gestured to the stiff gray apron he wore, the symbol of his craft. "I doubt many kids'll have a need fer what I build, but ye can't blame me for marketin' when I can, can ye?"
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Mon May 08, 2017 4:33 am

"Yeah, something like that," Griffin answered, wondering when he would need ultimate power. "I suppose I can't blame you, I doubt you want to just be a Maid here."
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldamar Macgowan Mon May 08, 2017 8:04 pm

Baldamar nodded. "S'much as I'm grateful to be 'ere, there's only one kind of apron that'll suit me in the end!" He stuck the top of a fist against his chest in a gesture of pride.
Baldamar Macgowan
Baldamar Macgowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin Sun May 14, 2017 8:05 am

Griffin grinned. "Well, I'll guess I'll see you later then?" Baldamar was an interesting person to talk to, but he should probably leave. "Bye!"

((I literally have no idea how to continue the conversation))
Griffin
Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down