MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Day one (open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Day one (open)

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day one (open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Day one (open)

Post by Meara Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:26 pm

To say Mara was quite happy would be an understatement hearing that not only did she have the bracelet, also she called him dear...granted the word friend was attached to it, but ya know this was quite a win considering he was barely in his life about an hour ago. He smiled at her laughing at the girls words with a hearty laugh, when she doubted herself. The boy was an honest believer in the fact that it was definitely possible to achieve such things regardless if you were the strongest or not.

"I definitely do believe that its possible." Mara smiled at her and enjoyed the bright smile that she was bestowing upon him. Maybe, tonight would be a good night, I mean yea, he had to deal with possible couple stories and the like...but, he couldn't be a jerk about it regardless the circumstance. Another small chuckle left his throat at her little comment. "Well I'll leave it too you if it happens knight in shining armor."

They arrived at the male dorm's and Mara looked over at Destinie as she asked the question. The way she tipped her head and her ponytail fell to the side caused him to have look up for a second. In short, she was just too damn cute at point's in time. It was like some kinda, little adorable. Though he didn't really want to cut his time short with her....he had an idea!

"Wait right here for a moment!" An with that Mara ran at full speed into the building with his luggage the wind picking up and leaving a imprint of his feet in the stone as he ran into the building. He ran up the stairs and began looking around like crazy for the correct floor and his room numbers. After a minute passed he found and pushed his bracelet against the door like a key card and the door opened. He threw the luggage into the room and slammed the door shut. Once again he ran back down the step's almost knocking down student's...until he realized he may have looked a little like a spaz right now. Before he left the boy's dorm, the boy slowed down and walked out of the dorm normally walking up to the girl with a smile on his face.

"Found it." He looked at her and smiled trying to act as though what he just did was completely normal. "I'll check it out later! Right now I figured we could just walk around for a little bit and catch up a little more, I only got to see so much of the academy so its a win-win situation." He spoke with confidence, of course the win-win in this situation was he got to stay a little longer with his crush before classes started and he got to know where his room was located.
Meara
Meara

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Following along, Sable would notice that the sorceress held herself up high, shoulders back and chin raised, the sound of her heels echoing within the roomy corridor. How she battled in shoes like that was a mystery, but she seemed to manage quite well (or used magic that changed them into something more suitable for battle). If one didn't know any better, they would think she was some sort of queen. That was not the case, however. Faye simply honored herself in being proper and using etiquette. From her experience with the other worlds, they used a dummed down version of manners than what she was used to. By example, the sorceress hoped to slowly change that within the school. She had plans to create a secondary class of sorts, or more like a after school activity, a club that involved teaching the students how to be proper young gentlemen and ladies. Perhaps as a "punishment" she could have Sable attend the class, and if not that, a private lesson--yes that might be better to start out with. Light forbid the "goddess" throw a tantrum and hurt another student in her rage. Better to be safe than sorry.

Faye continued down the corridor, leading Sable up a spiral staircase; vines twirled around the railing, dotted with white and orange lilies. "They use their intelligence. Their wit. Through discussion they try to come to a decision that satisfies both parties." as they reached the top of the stairs, Faye turned back to Sable, holding up her index finger. "If that fails, that is when you use your clever tongue to manipulate your foe into doing exactly what you want. You can even go so far as to make him believe it was his idea." she actually let a chuckle slip. Obviously, she had used these tactics herself at one time or another. "And he would be completely unaware that you're making him dance to your tune." she clears her throat, quickly adding in. "'Tis not something I would recommend unless it was in the most of dire circumstances, of course. 'Twas a simple example."

The sorceress moved on, reaching a greenhouse door; through the glass pane window, many beautiful and exotic plants could be seen, some that may have even been familiar to Pantera. Faye opened the door for Sable, gesturing her inside. Her right eye visibly twitched when the wild child mentioned the word "sacrifice" by all that was holy, surely she said this in jest. "Sacrifice?" she let out a frustrated sigh, a hint of a growl leaving her nostrils as she fumed. The pink dragon on her shoulder raised her head at the sound, making a growl of her own. "We will discuss that later." placing that little matter to the side for a minute, she answered Sable's question. "Yes, many do use negotiation over physical confrontation. Though it doesn't always prevent bloodshed, sadly. There are times when violence is necessary--" The sorceress peered up at the tribeswoman, interested in her reaction. "But using violence as your first reaction will label you as a savage, an idiot, a tyrant, or someone who simply wants attention. Intelligence is highly valued, Sable. Here, you will strengthen your mind and body through education. Your warrior strength and intelligence will be groomed to harmonize with one another. That is why you are here: to learn, to coexist with others like yourself."

Faye went deeper into the greenhouse, a jungle in itself with wild flowers, giant ferns, and tropical trees--even a legendary Paopu Tree from Destiny Islands could be seen with its rip star shaped fruit. It was amazing to see how much could fit in here, and the sorceress would be lying if she said it had been easy. The greenhouse was a little indoor forest and Faye tried to make it as enchanting as possible. Floating orbs of light were scattered around, changing every so often to cast a rainbow of soothing lights upon the flora. "You will gain more power here than you ever would through your rituals or hunts. They are obsolete now. You will not be permitted to do any kind of ritual that involves murder or torture. Do you understand?"
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinie Darkson Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 pm

A knight in shining armor, huh? Was that what he thought of her as? Destinie inwardly chuckled, though a small smile slipped onto her physical self as she watched her feet for a short moment. There was no way she could be a knight. Not only because of her gender, but because of who she was in the matriarchy her family possessed. It was more likely that one of her brothers would be a knight, though only one seemed to have a remote interest in the matter.

Standing outside of the male dorms, Destinie looked to Mara as he turned to find his room. “Alright, I’ll be he-” Her sentence found itself being ended prematurely as a blast of wind hit her. Blinking with confusion, Destinie surprised herself by just how calmly she managed to fix her uplifted skirt. Thankfully, there was no one around to see the pair of panties she wore underneath it. Looking down, Destinie seen the smashed marble and sighed out. That shit wasn't cheep. ‘The first day, and there’s already property damage… Wonder what he ran off in such a hurry for. Maybe he’s just that excited.’

Pondering to herself, Destinie looked out a nearby archway and leaned back against the wall. Not a moment after she felt the cold chill on her skin, did Destinie hear the voice of a familiar blond. Turning to face him with a look of shock, she stood up straight. “That was fast…” She marveled at the speed and wondered if he even took the time to look around. “A-Alrighty, then.” She nodded, not sure of what other response to give him. “Not sure what you’re talking about ‘win-win’ but that’s fine. Anywhere you wanted to see first? I’m still finding my around, too.”
Destinie Darkson
Destinie Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Meara Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Walking back up to the girl the boy noticed how she noticed just how quick he was in finding his dorm. Well if it wasn't obvious before that he was interested in spending his time with her, perhaps it was now...or it wasn't. When Destinie kept speaking she said in an honest voice that she wasn't sure what he was talking about when he said that it was a win-win situation.

Maybe he did a better job at hiding his crush for then he initially thought?

Either way that wasn't the point, the conversation had come to a standstill and Mara didn't spend all that time talking to wall's in the past to let this conversation be dead. He looked around and remembered how this place used to once be an castle. He walked forward a little ahead of her thinking, when an idea hit him he spun around on his foot facing the girl.

"Ya know, this place did used to be a castle after all for one of the biggest forces of light, might as well explore a little and get ourselves acquainted with the overall academy. Right now I feel like less of a student and more of a tourist. This is one world I never really been on until today." The boy's voice was honest and if he were to say his intentions out loud. He really just wanted to walk and talk with her, heck if he could keep a conversation going with her for at least an hour he'd consider that a short life goal accomplished. Though, he doubted that he would ever get that far really.......bleh not the time for negative thoughts. Walking forward though Mara turned to face Destinie again.

"So it has been awhile, and if you don't mind me asking how are your skill's coming along. I mean last we saw each other you would dabbling with space and gravity and all of that. I imagine you've had some pretty good teacher's to help ya out Ms. Darkson." The boy teased a little though not to insult, however simply to be friendly. Though his paranoid half was screaming at him right now, he decided the best course of action would be to try and treat her just how he treated Xaq and Alyssa when they use to adventure.
Meara
Meara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:35 pm

Another glance over the woman who paraded herself so confidently, gave Sable a change in opinion. The teacher's strength was controlled and enveloped her being like a protective shell, meaning it was contained and flowed around her like water. Sable's keen senses had went into a more heightened state as she continued to observe the woman ahead of her. A small part of her felt underwhelmed when compared to the dignified teacher. This, coupled with her lecture about intelligence and the use of a silver-tongue, while boring, provided a sense of reasonable doubt in Sable's mind. There was a split second questioning of Sable's own ideals that had her feeling apprehensive after the fact. "Tch..." That was the only meager response she was able to give, for now.

After reaching the top of the staircase, all the Jinko could do was avoid eye-contact as a form of rebellion (really, she was just keeping up with her petty act), though, Faye would indeed be able to tell that her words had gotten cracked the surface of Sable's primitive mind. "You speak with experience. I wouldn't expect someone so loud as yourself to just talk your way out of everything. Considering the amount of power you have too..." The panther grumbled to herself as they neared the greenhouse. Her nose twitched to the many different scents that presented themselves upon the roaming winds. The Deep Jungle bred some interesting flora and fauna after all. Upon being questioned about sacrifices, she grinned and nodded.

"Important rituals used to strengthen our bodies, minds and souls. We kill the strong and sacrifice their blood to the goddess of the hunts. This even extends to-" She was cut off by the growls from both master and pet. There was a "hmph" she gave as a response, shaking her head as a form of dismissing their disapproval. Nonetheless, it didn't take much more coaxing from the petite woman to regain the panther's attention. Violence at times was necessary? She never expected to hear those words coming from her but smirked slightly. Then came the bombardment of words that swirled in the woman's head causing her to growl and scratch the back of her head. "Yeah, uh, I don't know what any of that means... Education? Tyrant, idiot, wanting attention? Intelligence...? But I do get that there are others like myself! Those who wish for the thrill of battle and enjoy nothing more than a bloody fight for dominance!" A rather feral gaze came to her visage, showing just how enamored she was with the idea of battle, death and gore.

Further into the greenhouse had the Jinko rather intrigued by the different plant-life there. A lot of it were specimens she hadn't seen before and some she had been able to spot as being apart of her homeland. How odd that those sort of things ended up there. Her mouth opened to inquire how that was so... Only for her to furrow her brow and grow agitated by a great degree. "What the hell are you saying!? No more rituals? No more hunts!? You dare try to forbid my way of life!? Who the hell do you think you are!?" Her eyes had that dangerous gleam to them, showing just how angry she felt over the whole thing. The plants responded in kind by rustling uneasily in the greenhouse. "I'd rather die than give up my sense of being..." Sable growled.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinie Darkson Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:46 am

Destinie followed behind him as Meara wandered forward, her arms behind her gripping her schoolbag’s strap. She was taking slow, deliberate steps that twisted her body to and fro, if only to occupy herself as Meara meandered through his thoughts. Was it just her, or did he seem a little more spacey that she remembered him being? She came to a stop, blinking at the blonde as he gave her a little fun fact.

She giggled, nodding her head. ”I know what you mean. I had been here when it was a castle a few times on family business, but it’s different than I remembered, and I’m now able to fully explore at my leisure, rather than just stick to the predetermined path from one room to the other.” Destinie had a knuckle tapping at her chin as she thought aloud, but soon shook her head out, and the distracting thoughts with them.

It wasn’t long before they were once again on their way, walking down one of the many halls. The Darkson turned her bi-colored eyes to Meara as he spoke, listening intently. ”Ah, yes. I’d say I’ve excelled pretty far. Heheh~ I’ve learned how to wield several types of weapons, but my favorite have always been my axes. And as far as magical ability goes, I’ve learned much as well. Fayt was quicker to grasp the concept, like always, so of course he’s much better at it than I am. But we had both our father and yours teaching us, was well as several others. We learned together what we could, and then diverged off on to more specialized training to help us as individuals.” Destinie turned an earnest smile to her friend, sheepishly giggling. ”But I’m sure you could still mess me up if we were to have an actual match. You were always so canny when I watched you. It truly was amazing.” Destinie complimented him, remembering the way how Meara was the strongest amongst them on the island as children, and how it always angered her older brother. No matter what he did, Arthur could never seem to get the upper hand unless Meara willed, which only further angered him as it bruised his pride.

So what about you, Mar? Find any mystical trainers whilst out on the worlds?” A question to sooth her curiosity. Destinie was always aiming to become better, and was curious to see if there were any further instructors out there that would further her ability.
Destinie Darkson
Destinie Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:57 am

Faye winced at the comment. There had been many times when her words failed to sway someone from violence. They'd attack her or continue doing harm to others, and she had no other choice but to defend herself. More often than not, the offender surrendered and was left humilitated once she was finished with them. Such was the way of humanity. Forget logic and reason, preserving ones ego is way more important. It always left Faye shaking her head... though she had little room to talk being as prideful as she was. However, she did have the ability to admit when she was wrong, no matter how reluctant she may be to say it.

"Unfortunately, some would prefer to be deaf rather than listen to reason or talk out their problems. If I have to, I make them regret their rash actions. It happens. As for my power..." she looks up at the young woman. "My power is for protecting students like yourself. If any of you were to be threatened, I would be there to defend you."

Sable apparently was trying to be sly, or just a smart ass from the way she pretended not to know what Faye had meant. "Is that so? I see." she stops, placing a finger to her chin. "That is most troubling. I suppose I shall have to set up a private lesson for you so you can catch up with the rest of the students. 'Twould be awful if you were embarrassed not knowing what a certain word means. We certainly cannot have that." all of this was in jest, but her tone made it sound as if she were serious. "Hm, I will have to check my schedule and see how I could fit in a tutoring session."

Their conversation moved into something more serious as Sable was insulted by the mere thought of abandoning her rituals. The sorceress met that glare with one of her own. They had come to stop by a rather large cage, reaching all the way up to the ceiling of the greenhouse. There appeared to be life shuffling around within, but there were so many vines draped around the enchanted, steel bars that it was impossible to see inside. She couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness for the savage, and her glare softened. These horrific rituals and taboos were all that she had been exposed to. Life in a savage world led to these ways of thinking, conditioning for survival, searching for some speck of comfort.  "Sable," Faye started, keeping eye contact with the huntress. Rather than going right to the "stop this or else", she attempted to be more gentle. "How do these rituals help? You briefly mentioned that they make you stronger, but how so? Does you goddess present herself and offer you her power? Does magic suddenly surge through you? Also, would you care to explain her tenets? I would like to understand her if I can."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 am

Sable didn't need any protecting. There hadn't been a foe that she couldn't topple in her life thus far. While there were opponents who had the strength and will to keep up with her, they ultimately fell at her feet. The two continued on, student and teacher making their way to a grand cage, which housed some form of larger life-form. Sable couldn't really make out what it was, but could feel it.

Going back to her previous statements, Sable was dumb as hell in terms of being literate and able to write. She only knew the archaic mannerisms of her tribe and they were a people who had just begun to create their first written langauge, thanks to the runes they discovered in the Deep Jungle. Ancient runes that gave them awesome power. Their goddess buried beneath the heart of the Jungle had granted them power for their continued service, with each of their prime hunters being considered her champion or reincarnation.

"Tutoring...? Are you trying to make fun of me?" Pantera asked, growing a little more irritated. Didn't help that the woman had asked her to forgo all of her teachings and rituals, but now she was attempting to seem better than her? Glare met glare at that point with tensions only increasing with each passing moment. She'd have be completely mind-wiped and reprogrammed as a being in order to abandon her tribe's laws. With her name spoken, her lip twitched and her eyes dilated once more, however, they seemed to soften alongside her glare. The woman wanted to know of her rituals...?

[color=green]"The goddess beneath the Heart of the Jungle wishes for timely sacrifices."[/colo] She began and while doing so, began to unbutton her shit. When it was completely undone, she'd reveal to Faye the markings along her body. There were tattoos and scars. The scars were intentionally done in some places while others were from battle. These tattoos had a faint glow to them, a power if you will, where it was obvious there was magic involved. "Every several generations she chooses either a champion or one of our females to inhabit and regain her form through. I am this generation's vessel for our goddess. The people pray to me and through me, their words reach her. Each sacrifice be it man, woman, child, or animal, has their blood consumed by the goddess after a successful hunt or battle. When the life of our fallen enemies reach her, she grants them the strength to live and fight another day. The champion or vessel gains the most out of this ritual, while the rest are granted smaller boons. Her essence mixes with ours and creates an unbreakable will of strength. The strength necessary to survive..." And that was the end of her explanation.

Faye's own knowledge could have interpreted the goddess as a demon instead. A demon who was using the savagery and lack of intelligence of Sable's tribe, to ascertain large amounts of power. The men being used as mere tools and the women as rejuvenated bodies to extend her life force. Another interpretation could be that Sable hasn't given in just yet. She was still young and wasn't fully attuned to the spirit of the goddess, but merely exuded her strength physically and magically. "In time, I will have gathered enough life blood to bring back the goddess and we'll ascend to being true hunters. That much she has promised through our sacrifices..."
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Meara Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:34 pm

"Yea, It's great when ya don't have to follow some predetermined route. Being able to look at things for yourself especially on a new world." The smile on his face never swayed while she spoke aloud about her thoughts. The more she spoke, the more he realized just how stuck she was on predetermined route's. Being Darkson royalty she always had to go with her alpha and beta to different places, and her missions probably didn't allow to see to much either. To be honest, he would love to show her around some of the worlds he had already been too and the wonders some of them held, but he felt as though that wasn't his place right now....

Mara quickly shook his head and dropped these thoughts along with any other ones. Destinie starting to talk about her the type of weapon's she had learned how to wield, the favorite of them being axes. His smile grew a little at this and you could see the excitement in his eyes. He never really saw anyone use axes before, so he hoped one day he could see her in action. She went on to talk about her training in magic, she learned much, but her brother Fayt apparently took to it like a fish in water. Not a surprise there, Fayt was smart. Really smart, so him becoming adept in magic wasn't a surprise, he might end up becoming as strong as their beta or Luna in that department.

The smile on his face almost broke as she continued, she went on to say that not only had her father Gwain taught them, however also his own alpha helped. The guy who flat out refused to teach him, had helped out in the training of both of them. Well, in a way it made sense, they were royalty after all and he was...well an islander.

An islander who can punch stuff hard. That's it.

He kept the smile on his face though for a moment it would seem fake right when she mentioned his Alpha. Though as soon as she talked about him and him his abilities the smile was warm again and there was a blush to match it. Scratching the back of his head Mara boy coughed into his hand.

"I mean I'm okay, I bet you could probably get me good if we were to spar or something, strength ain't everything ya know. As for 'mystical trainers' well beta taught me a couples moves she used when she used to be an explorer. An my uncle's taught me a couple thing's before two of them left and not to mention Luna has been teaching me since I was young. The last trainer I had was.... well, it was a big lion. One from the Pridelands that helped me how to learn 'inner strength and the power to endure.' As silly as it sounds that huge lion helped me learn a lot so I guess you could say he was pretty mystical." Mara spoke talking about all the people that had trained him, though he felt pretty silly when he mentioned his final trainer. Honestly if it wasn't for that lion he wouldn't had been able to tank the punch that woman had thrown at him before he met up with Destinie.

"I guess it sounds a little silly, but that's all the trainers I've had so far in this life hahaha." Mara couldn't help but laugh for a second, she was probably expecting some old wise man from Land of Dragon's or Radiant Garden and he was taught by a lion figured he'd be a little disappointing like that.
Meara
Meara

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:26 pm

"If a god needs aid from mortals, can you truly call it a god?" it was more of a statement than a question. Whatever Sable was interacting with, it wasn't good and it certainly was not friendly. Did Sable's world have evil fairies that could manipulate poor souls? It was possible she supposed, but it was most likely something native to that world. A dark spirit of sorts. That poor child... that's all she could think about. Scaring and consuming blood like some demon, completely indoctrinated by this being. 

"You will not like what I have to say,  but perhaps you should be asking more questions about this 'goddess' of yours. If she is so powerful, she wouldn't need your help. She would do as she pleased and manifest at will. A being that needs rituals and sacrifices performed by its followers to increase its own power is not a god. At most, they are powerful spirits, but they are not gods. Far, far from it." the sorceress looked over the student's chest, wincing at the scars and tattoos. No proper lady should ever disgrace her body like that, and she could not help but cringe at the sight. It appeared that Sable did have dark, pretty skin... only to have it ruined by ugliness. It was a pity. What sort of god would encourage such vile acts. Not a kind one; she was certain of that.

Now, Faye was curious. The sorceress had a desire to investigate this goddess to help Sable and her tribe. Was there really a goddess seducing the tribe or were they simply crazy fanatics. There was only one was to find out. "Hm, I would like to see this tribe of yours someday and your goddess. Or her essence, spirit, whatever it may be." she quirked an eyebrow at Sable. "Then again, she is supposed to be right here with us, correct? You are her vessel so she must have heard me. Would she like to come out and explain herself? 'Tis a reasonable request. Of course, I wouldn't want to tax her strength or yours." the fairy maiden was genuinely curious, though she had a feeling Sable might take it wrong.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinie Darkson Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

A predetermined route. Some would say that something like that is their destiny, a path with which they were meant to follow. There were some days in her childhood that Destinie wondered about the origin of her namesake, and if she had one herself. The same went for her brother. Did he have fate that he was meant to befall? Was it a good fate? Even as she thought those things, Destinie chose to believe that such things like fate and destiny didn’t actually exist. Everyone was free to chose their path in life. The Darkson princess looked to Meara, her childhood friend. He was a prime example of freedom. He lived his life how he wanted. He didn’t let concepts like fate or destiny hinder him. Even if he didn’t get all that he wanted out of it, it was still an admirable attempt to take life by the reigns.

Even now, as she looked at him, he was smiling. Whether he knew it or not, Meara was a great inspiration to her. Though she could do without the severe modesty. Or perhaps he was still just that dense. It seemed like everyone but Meara himself understood just how strong he really was. If he was anything like his father, then he had a lot to look forward to.

As Meara continued to speak, Destinie had, at one point, stopped walked and blinked at him. A lion? She supposed that, given the many worlds this universe had, and the great number of possibilities, it was completely possible for a lion to speak to and train Meara. It definitely wasn’t something that Destinie was expecting to hear. She chuffed, bringing a hand up to cover her lips. She didn’t mean to, but the young lady couldn’t help the bout of laughter that came shortly after. After a time, Destinie sighed out and whipped a tear from the corner of her eye. ”I’m so sorry, Mar. I just really wasn’t expecting that to be your answer.” She explained herself, sighing out and smiling softly at him. ”But the pridelands, huh? That sounds like it was quite the wild adventure!” Destinie said, smiling wide at Meara in anticipation of the joke to be noticed.
Destinie Darkson
Destinie Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Meara Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Mara continued walking forward now that the lion was brought up, he couldn't help but think about it more simply because...well lets face it, it was pretty bizarre. When Des stopped walking Mara turned around to look at her, he tilted his head a little. A quirk he couldn't get rid of no matter how hard he tried these past couple years. She cuffed her mouth with one of her hands as if she were about to have a coughing fit, however instead of that...she started laughing. An boy was she laughing a lot. Now he didn't wanta be understood her laugh was cute but...was his list of trainers really that funny? I mean technically her own mother was one of them, but that really wasn't training it was more of run away as fast as you could and no matter what she tackled you and cuddled you and tried to strangle you with love....very scary.

Wiping a tear from her eye Destinie spoke and the first thing she did was apologize for her laughter so he guessed that his first thought was wrong. Turned out what made her laugh so much was the fact that she really didn't expect for him to had been taught by a lion. Though then something unexpected happened...Destinie made a pun about the situation. Saying that it must have been one WILD adventure.....she's lucky she's beautiful.

He ended up simply staring at her after the joke and ended up sorta laughing at her joke and at the same time laughing at the fact that she had used a pun that was that....dense. He stood there for a moment simply laughing and had a warm smile just by seeing the large smile that Destinie had on her face awaiting a response.

He looked up at her with his eyes wide and smiled though, after a second he had a look as if he were thinking quite alot.

"Well you could say it was really wild, plus not to mention it was weird...the very first thing the lion said to me was 'What does the dragon want with me?' and man there was a heck of a lot more meditating and hellish training then you'd think though I gotta admit....it had quite the great affect on me and I ain't Lion." Mara spoke to her thinking off the top of his head and remembering what had happened. When he mimicked the lion's voice he sounded quite regal and gave off an air of divine being. Though that all changed the moment he was done mimicking his trainer. Heck, just to do his own joke he made snapped his finger and pointed finger gun's at her and kept a smile on his face...

He awaited the response though he was internally screaming wondering why the heck he chose that action.
Meara
Meara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:01 pm

For once, Sable wasn't able to retort with an answer and had stood with her mouth opened. A god that needs help from mortals? Was the short woman trying to call her god inferior? What was the meaning behind that question? The student had grown a little defensive, tense even considering she had taken a small step back out of reflex.

"That...!" Sable growled out when confronted further by the competence of their goddess, it was insulting! Having to be subjugated to such questions and slander only pushed the wrong buttons with the Jinko. There was a tug at her very being that created a snarl deep from within, that rung out ever so slightly from her lips. "The goddess does exist and she has true power! It is thanks to her that we thrive, that we have become the more dominant tribe in the Great Hunting Grounds!" She attempted to defend the legitimacy of the goddess being real through her own words, but to someone as skeptical and knowledgeable as Faye? That wasn't going to cut it. Sable didn't know that, however.

Confrontation seemed as a likely outcome of this attempt at making Sable "see the truth." Those being indoctrinated eventually grow numb or oblivious to the negatives concerning the ideology of the being performing the mental conditioning. A tribe with no connection to other facets of information other than their own experiences and spoken word, ignorant to the vast teachings other cultures introduced. Suddenly, however, there was a slight tinge of change in the aura of the panther. Faye would have been able to feel a rather strong spike in energy for just a moment.

Sable's eyes flashed an ominous glow for a moment before it receded normally. Her expression became more focused, less tense and a hell of a lot more confident. "You're not worthy to be granted an audience with something far more superior to you, halfling." Her voice came more elegant yet held a certain lust for blood in it. The plants in the greenhouse began to show signs of moderate unease.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinie Darkson Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:31 pm

There was a pause that felt as though it took eternity. Mara stood in silence, his thinking cap on. Previously, it looked as though her little play on words did not amuse him, and Destinie was internally sweating bullets. Did he not appreciate them any longer? Has the giggly little blonde that she remembered grown out of punny jokes?

He began to speak, and Destinie let out a small breath of relief. At least she wasn’t scorned for it, which was nice. But at the mention of a ‘dragon’ Destinie pondered on what that meant. She had heard that some worlds will force a change on the physical body, like how Atlantica will turn one into a merperson. Pridelands were known to change people into animals. Does that mean the animal that best represented Mara was a dragon? Yeah, she could see it. A big, shiney yellow dragon, at that.

What comes around, goes around though. Hearing Meara’s pun, Destinie let out an approving, ”Ayyyye~”, while returning the finger gun gesture back at him. So he did approve of her joke. That was a relief. ”Heehee. That was a good one, Mar-mar. I’ll have to try that one out on Morgan or someone.” The smile on her face faded for a moment as she stared out blankly into space. ”Actually, Morgan’s probably a bad idea to test puns on… Fayt, maybe? No, he gets jokes, but he has no taste when it comes to them. Hmm…. I guess Luke, in that case.” Destinie came to her conclusion and nodded her head. Her boyfriend didn’t really appreciate the beauty of puns, but he could participate with them if he wanted. But that was only when he wanted and that sometimes took the fun of it.

”Unless you know someone else who likes puns.” Destinie turned her bi-colored eyes to Meara, in hopes that he was acquainted with someone more suited to the task. She wasn’t expecting much , but it could never hurt to ask.
Destinie Darkson
Destinie Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Meara Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 am

Mara looked over at Destinie as she was talking to herself about who else appreciated puns and what's not. Though for now he honestly just calmed down his internal struggling from what he thought was about to be a big time failed joke. Though that wasn't the case and he was able to get past the hurdle that was making Destinie laugh. It was funny though, as she asked him was there anyone who enjoyed pun's like the two of them did he could think of a couple people.

"Well believe it or not Xaq is actually a lover of pun's when you catch him off guard he'll always look away and tried to hold in his laughter and keep a straight face. Another one who loves them is Crysta, though just like Xaq she tries not to show it and will get mad at you for pushing it. Though she'll use them later...the last one I can think of is actually the lion. He always enjoyed my puns/jokes when it wasn't a serious moment. It would always go 'you are quite amusing indeed dragon.' even though I was never even in an animal form training with him in the pridelands. It just kept calling me dragon for some reason. Those are the only three I can think of who enjoy pun's.....and sometimes Sedvi does...depending on her mood at the time. Mara spoke matter of fact while walking forward. Yet, when he spoke of the Lion again it was obvious he was thinking about that memory specifically. For some reason he kept going back to that lion right now...though there wasn't really a purpose to it. Somehow the conversation kept finding a way to mention that guy again.

For a moment Mara noticed found himself looking at the more finer detail's of how Destinie had grown up... though the moment he found himself doing this he looked up and out over at a window that overlooked the grounds outside. He knew that if he ever started doing that he wouldn't stop wanting to look at her, heck even when they were younger he looked at her like that and when he tried to get an explanation from his Beta. She just looked at him and laughed and would then go to tell his alpha about his question. For now he needed too just think of something that would continue the conversation.

"Say Destinie....one day do you want to be stronger then your alpha and beta?" He suddenly blurted it out though it sounded as if he'd been thinking on that for quite awhile. He looked down at destine and leaned onto the wall behind him, he was actually pretty interested in whether or not she wanted to pass the last generation.
Meara
Meara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2