MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
A World of Wonders [PM to Join] EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

A World of Wonders [PM to Join]

2 posters

Go down

A World of Wonders [PM to Join] Empty A World of Wonders [PM to Join]

Post by Faye Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:39 am

A new world, another sun trying to turn her into a grimy mess. The sorceress wiped her brow as entered the city of Agrabah, wishing that she had brought a bonnet to cover her head. Why couldn't she have chosen a world that was a little cooler? If she had known how miserable the weather was going to be, she would have opted to go somewhere else. It wasn't the heat that bothered her exactly; it was the fact she hated to sweat. It was completely disgusting, and the smell... by the light, it was so unladylike, and she felt like she died a little inside each time she raised her arms.

The only good thing was that she was not sweating in her favorite dress, trading out for a simple blue one instead. Nope, it was currently indisposed, thanks to a certain someone. Hopefully, it would be fixed soon. Stains took time to remove, especially horrible tea ones. Happy or not, she was here, and so, the sorceress had to suck it up. There could be information about the weapon of light in the marketplace or another answer to defeat the Heartless. There was no way she was going to potentially miss an opportunity like that.

Fanning herself with her hands, she glanced over her shoulder. "Might we hurry and find some shade. I am going to melt." she called out to the man traveling with her. If there was one thing the "clumsy oaf" and the maiden had in common, it was wanting to discover more about the Heartless. Two heads were better than one after all...
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

A World of Wonders [PM to Join] Empty Re: A World of Wonders [PM to Join]

Post by Seiran Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:03 pm

"Gaaah!" Seiran flopped over on his back, his jacket held over himself, acting as a crude shade to block the sun from his face. How did he find himself in a world like this. The heat was something else to him, especially wandering around in it aimlessly. Most of his life he lived in mountains, high climate cool breeze, and most of all, snow. Letting his jacket now fall over his face he just laid there in the sand. He had almost forgotten why he was here in the first place.

Heartless, thats what those creatures of dark were called. After the whole incident at the cafe a while ago, he found himself in unexpected company. The unfortunate placement of someone being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, suddenly placed him in the right place of information he needed. Now he had an idea of just how grand and huge this whole ordeal was. Bigger than just new worlds existing outside his own, but a war much more grand than he originally thought. That's all he needed to fuel his revenge and prove the strength of his line. Then, that voice abruptly stopped his thoughts.

Groaning out as he moved his jacket just enough to reveal his eye, looking over at his unwarranted company. Hearing her subtle requests, sounded more like demands. But what was he to do? He somehow found himself in a minor dept to this woman, over a simple dress. Covering his face once more he slowly stood up, draping his jacket over his head. "We have to be close to somewhere cool right? This world can't be entirely heat right?" He picked up his katana from the ground and quickly ran beside her.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Faye glance down at the young man, seeing him with his jacket over his head and stretched out in the sand. Geez, and she thought she was dramatic. This guy gave her a run for her Munny in that department. The sorceress smoothed one hand down on of her gloves, currently transformed into a dark caramel color to disguise the tea stains. The dress was something she could change out of and wait on, but the gloves were protective, and she didn't like the idea of taking them off. Not simply for the lack of armor, but for a more personal reason as well.

"We can only hope." she said, admiring the tan colored buildings. "Look at this architecture! Simply exquisite, isn't it? Well, for a world almost completely covered in sand." she placed a gloved hand against one of the clay walls, tapping her long claw like nails against it. "Mud houses, and they do not even look completely horrid. 'Tis truly a marvel!" she glanced back at Seiran, knowing that she should get back on track. "There appears to be a Marketplace up ahead. Surely there is someone who can give us some information there." she said. The sorceress began to walk ahead, but suddenly stopped, turning on her heels and pointing a finger in the man's face. "And do keep those sticky fingers of yours in check, Seiran." she warned. The last thing she wanted was to get in trouble.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Seiran raised a brow at her actions and scanned over the buildings. He did admire the architecture of this world. He tapped the wall with his boot and looked around, rubbing his hand gently against it. "I guess you're used to more of a luxurious life then?" It was quite different, but the admiration for the buildings structure was quickly shot down when his stomach growled. He held his stomach and slouched over a bit. "Food would be nice too, maybe the market will have something to eat." He stood up straight now as she confronted him. He peered down at her finger as she scolded him about his sticky fingers. He smiled a bit and shrugged. "Relax, the last thing I want to do is have a repeat of our encounter, and be indebted to someone else who thinks to highly of themselves." He smirked at her and nodded jokingly. "Of course I'll behave..."

He then reached into his pockets, and then reached around his jacket, taking it off his head. He tried to search every part of his clothes. Furrowing his brows a bit he looked back over. "I think I might have spent all my munny in the cafe that you happen to be under falling tea." He sighed out a bit and rubbed the back of his head. "Who is it we are seeing again?" He started to pace around now trying to keep his mind off the heat and his stomach.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:25 am

Faye let out a soft "Hmph" at the mention of her being used to a luxurious lifestyle. It was not surprising. After all, her tone and manners could trick one into thinking she was an aristocrat, but that was not the case. "As a matter of fact, no I am not. You may be surprised, but I have lived in simple modest structures for the majority of my life. What gave you that illusion is my education. 'Tis very important, you see. I was taught by the most radiant and intelligent creatures in all the worlds. Proper etiquette, history, magic..." pausing to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear, she continued. "People believe that because they are born with little, they are entitled to the excuse that they must be uncultured heathens for their entire lives. Why? Because the nobility impose this belief on whom they decide is the lesser man, your artisans, farmers, peasant all around." she sighed, wiping her brow again. This sun was getting on her nerves. "'Tis a practice I would love to break. All men and women should have the same rights to an education as any other, regardless of monetary value they hold" the sorceress finally realized how much she was rambling, but when she got on a matter she was ardent about, she couldn't stop. "My apologies. I went on far longer than I anticipated."

The sorceress watched as he too began to admire the buildings, and thought maybe there was some hope for him, but he abruptly stopped when his stomach began to growl. Was he hungry again already? Faye placed a hand against her cheek. It had been a long ride to this land called Agrabah. In fact, she was feeling a little peckish as well. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have a little snack while they were gathering information. When he mentioned that she thought too highly of herself, she turned around on her heels and continued her walk.

"Yes, because taking pride in one's accomplishments is a sin." she said in that dramatic regal voice of hers. Yes, the maiden became quite defensive when Seiran said that. Whether he was joking or not, it infuriated her all the same. "I have worked hard for the power and knowledge that I possess, studying and practicing from dawn till dusk everyday until it was permanently embedded within my mind. Of course, I am proud of myself." her feet began to stomp down harder with each step. "One would be a fool not to be, and I think lesser of those that would continue to put themselves down, regardless of their achievements. 'Tis ridiculous to do such." Faye suddenly stopped in her tracks, staring straight ahead. It would become increasingly obvious Faye was a very passionate woman. "Trust me, I have enough people back home calling me an evil fairy and a witch simply because I can wield magic. I do not need my own cruel words to add to theirs."

She pinched the bridge her nose and fell silent. What she didn't tell him, was that her own praise was all that she had. There was no one else. Sure, there was her adoptive mother, Rosethorn, but the two rarely saw each other anymore. She also had a few friends she had met from other worlds, but they too were a rare sight to see. Then there were the animals, but of course, they weren't much for conversation. It was a touchy subject for the mage.Why was it this man was making her more heated than any other she had met? It was like he already knew all the right buttons to push to make her steamed. It was strange. Maybe he was more perceptive than others, or maybe it was just simply that he was annoying. Yes, she preferred the latter for right now. For the moment, she decided to avoid eye contact with him after that little rant she just gave, feeling a little embarrassed about opening up that much to someone she hardly knew.

"I have heard of a merchant here that sells a collection of oddities and trinkets. Perhaps he knows something." was her answer to his last question.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:39 am

As she started to speak about her beliefs and her past education, how she presented herself and other things. Seiran turned his head towards her, watching her curiously with a brow raised. He kept his gaze upon her as if he was listening very intently on what she had to say. It was obvious that Seiran had pressed on a subject that didn't sit well with her. His gaze started to narrow upon her as she spoke, he didnt move, just listened. Then when a pause was available for him to speak he stepped forward towards her. "What kind of food do you think they have here?" He scratched his chin for a brief moment before standing up straight and bending back a bit stretching out. As if all the words she spoke just went in one ear and out the other. He completely disregarded anything that was said and started to wander forward towards the mentioned market.

Resting his katana over his shoulder and dusting some of the sand off himself, he pressed onward. He then stopped momentarily, turning his head slightly to speak back towards Faye. "It's nice to have those ideals, but unfortunately thats not how the world, or worlds work. Corruption and strength swing power. As beautiful as your idealistic world would be, thats a large hill to climb." He then started to walk forward again, slowly at first to not leave her behind. "A merchant? Merchants that have information only have two things, faulty information, and a lust for gold to acquire said information... How reliable is this guy anyway?"
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:16 am

Faye's eye twitched when she heard his reply, but she decided to just ignore him. She'd wasted enough breath as it were, and if he was just going to brush off what she said with a simple, "That's not how it works." reply, there was no point continuing the conversation. Obviously, he was more concerned with finding food and the merchant. As she thought about it, she couldn't really blame him. The maiden had been talking about herself and her thoughts and her problems, and blah, blah, blah. It was hard for her to stop when she got started. When she felt comfortable enough to talk about herself, it was rare for her to leave out any details on how she felt. If it had been the other way around, she would have been bored too. Maybe it was time to ask Seiran a few things later. After all, she knew next to nothing about him.

"We shall find out. Unless, you have a better idea." she said, quickening her pace to catch up with him. The sorceress leaned forward a bit to peer up at his face. "One of the traveling merchants that came to the Enchanted Dominion mentioned him. The same one that sold this jeweled headdress to me, as a matter of fact." she revealed, gently touching the delicate garnet gems dangling from her forehead. "He said that he had some interesting tales. The one he spoke of was quite curious." she stood up straight once more, lifting her chin. "T'was about a cave that held a trove of exotic treasures and a great power sealed within. He was vague on the details, and I would like to learn more. What better than to ask the source?" she looked at the black haired man once more. "I understand it could be a legend and nothing more, but think about. If it is true, then perhaps whatever is locked inside could help defeat the Heartless indefinitely. Maybe he even knows more about the darkness. 'Tis worth a try. Now," with a sigh, she reached into her coin purse. Before she had left Traverse Town, she had managed to sell a few dresses for some good coin as was her trade as a seamstress. "'Tis doubtful you will be able to focus on that bottomless pit you call a stomach so... here." she offered him some Munny. "I am a tad peckish myself, but let us be quick."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:50 am

He kept his pace as he listened, looking at the mentioned jeweled headdress. Then his curiosity peaked as she mentioned the traveling merchants story of the cave that held many exotic treasures. He was skeptical, a mysterious cave that happened to come about just filled with many treasure and great power to defeat heartless? It seemed to easy and grand of a tale to be true, but his desires outweighed his skepticism for now, at least part of him hoped that it did indeed exist. "A grand cave full of treasure and power? Either a trap or a grand tale spun to kill gullible travelers." He sighed out a bit tilting his head up slightly. "Still, the thought of it holding secrets to beat back these Heartless is worth any foolish adventure no?" His dameanur changed a bit as his thoughts started to wander about the darkness and these Heartless creatures. He wanted nothing more than to know how to stop them.

Turning his head looking at the Munny offered to him. Conflicted he extended a hand out, pausing for a moment. Charity was hard for him to accept, but there were times when he had to humble himself. "Thanks.." He nodded taking the munny from her and putting it away. "I suppose it might be faster to split up then? Go find your merchant since you know what he looks like, and I'll find us a few things to eat. Your exotic figure stands out above most in this place, I'm sure i'll be able to find you again." He turned and waved lazily as he began to look around for something they could both eat.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 am

After watching Seiran go on his way, the sorceress turned in the opposite direction to do her job. This mysterious merchant had to be somewhere nearby. Asking around would be the best way to start. Finding an interesting looking stall, Faye decide she would stop there... well, after doing a bit of browsing of the wares, of course. Jewelery, exotic gowns, and curved shoes were all neatly alined on the table.

"See something you like?" a dark skinned woman greeted her from behind the counter.

"Yes, actually...."

Later... Faye had received the information she needed, along with some things that she really didn't need. The sorceress had purchased one the outfits that the woman had for sell there, along with a matching pair of shoes. Although she had tried, she could not resist buying the clothes. It wasn't a complete waste of time and Munny though. She did find out where the mysterious merchant commonly set up shop. Before she returned to where she and Seiran had split, Faye decided that a change of clothes was in order. The indigo and silver sari was better suited for the heat of Agrabah than her frilly dress, and she could in blend easier. It wasn't a bad idea... or so she told herself. Faye had justly nearly spent all of her coin on that single sari alone.

Faye waited in the center of the bazaar, tapping her the gem on her headdress gently to change it's color to blue. The red was clashing with the new outfit, and she couldn't have that. With a sigh, she stared in the direction of where Seiran had wandered off for food. "I hope he did not run into trouble." she mumbled to herself.  
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:28 am

Seiran started to make his way through the various streets of the market and buildings. Starting to familiarize himself with the world around him, it was useful skill to quickly adjust to his surroundings. As his eyes scanned the buildings around him, his ears caught a familiar sound. Down a small alleyway, a bit cut off from the rest of the busy market, were several men gathered around a circle. The sound of cheering and shouting covered the subtle sound of dice rolling against the ground. Seiran smirked a bit as he started to make his way over, reaching in his pocket for the munny given to him earlier. After all, she only said no stealing, never mentioned anything about fooling around with lady luck to double this munny. Making his way to the circle of gamblers, a small child spoke out to him. It was a girl, clothes in rags, and her hand held out as she looked up at him.

'Do you have anything to eat?' The girl softly spoke out. Seiran looked down at her, he remained silent. His gold eyes just fixated on this begging girl. He remembered how hard it was, how he had to work for his food at any cost. Sighing out he turned his head back towards the gambling men. Sliding the munny back in his pocket he turned and walked back out the alley. A few moments later he came back, slowly slid his back down the wall as he took a seat next to the girl. In his hands were several baked goods. "Here..." Handing over the warm meal to the small girl. "You shouldn't beg, makes you weak." He started to eat his share as he looked forward. The girl happily ate her fill and smiled at him. Seiran saw her out the corner of his eye and just finished off his portion. "You know that was suppose to be for someone else, but I think she'll be fine without it. I believe she said she was just a bit peckish." He smirked and then looked down at the child. He stood up, setting down the rest of his meal, keeping just one sweet roll. "Remember, no begging, you're stronger than that." He turned and walked away, biting down on the roll.

Looking around as his mouth was full of food he started to wonder where Faye went and if she was successful.  He stopped for a moment spying someone he thought was her, but wasn't in her usual attire. Recognizing the headdress and her other features and figure he walked up. "Any luck?" He spoke mouth still stuffed with food.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:13 am

Seiran eventually returned to the center of the bazaar, chewing a mouth full of food. That wasn't surprising. Faye slowly shook her head as she watched him. Talking with his mouth full. Did he not realize how disgusting that was or did he just not care. Probably the latter. Still, he was here and didn't bring any trouble with him, so that was good.

"I did." the sorceress began as she placed a hand on her hip. "The merchant goes by the alias The Peddler, and sets up a shabby looking stall during the evenings. We are looking for a short man with a goatee. He wears a blue robe and a ridiculous looking turban. The woman I spoke to said that it was almost as big as he was. That should not be too hard to find, I would think." Faye glanced up towards the sky. It was well past noon, but it wasn't nightfall as of yet. "It seems the sun still has some time left in the sky. We can take this chance to rest for a bit. she brushed a lock of hair behind her ear. before she began to fan herself again with her hand. "Did you happen to see a place to take a breather in your direction?"
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:00 am

Finished off his last few bites, coughing a bit as he swallowed down his food. He started to pat his chest as the food found its way down his throat to his stomach, choking a bit. He sighed out in relief as he was full for now. He stretched out his back as he heard the description of the merchant. "What a strange sounding merchant. I suppose we would see more strange things to come." He turned down the street he came from and pointed at a few buildings. "I believe those looked like places to rest and eat, I could be wrong though. Hopefully they wont charge much, oh and the munny was only enough for one. So I took liberties in eating my fill since you mentioned you were just peckish." He stretched his arms out and yawned. "I guess we should head out then, a small merchant with a giant funny had couldn't be that hard to spot right? Then we'll know if these rumors are true." He then ran his fingers through his hair feeling the damp sweat. "A bath wouldn't be a bad idea either, mainly for the cool water."
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:18 am

And here she was hoping he would be nice enough to buy her a snack too. Was the meals really that expensive here? Surely, that couldn't be right. Maybe he was just lying, and was nothing but a selfish fiend. Unless he told her what really happened, she would never know the truth. Heaving a sigh, the sorceress lowered her head, waving her hand in a dismissive manner.

"I see... You are right, though. A bath would be pleasant. Perhaps, we can find an inn. 'Tis possible that this quest could take several days. It would be nice to have a place to rest our heads at night."
she said, closing her eyes.

I just hope I have enough Munny to afford a room...

Tucking her hands behind her back, she peered up at Seiran briefly before moving forward, holding her head up with pride. Aside from the heat, Faye found this to be a pleasant world. The Bazaar had so many interesting goods for sell; she felt like she could browse forever. The architecture, the people, the culture... It held an "old world charm" (A phrase she had heard in Traverse Town)  much like her own home. the Enchanted Dominion. Everyone seemed friendly enough, but that could be because her purse was--had--been heavy. Now, not so much. It was a bit worrisome... hopefully, everything would work out okay.

Traveling down the same path that Seiran had previously, she noticed a group of men playing dice. Rolling her eyes, she continued on. Men were so foolish. On every world, it seemed. Glancing back at her companion, she wondered if he would be that stupid as to risk all his money at once. It was hard to tell anything about him, besides his love of food and talking with his mouth full. Maybe he was only going to slow her down in the end, Faye didn't know, but meeting someone who wanted to defeat the Heartless, no matter what the cost, was a welcoming sight. Although she didn't show it often, the sorceress could be an extremist.

"Hm, this looks promising." the fire maiden said as she stopped in front of an intricate doorway. Red and gold beads were draped from the top to the bottom, serving as a curtain. Next to the steps was a blue mosaic sign that said, welcome. "I will go inside and procure a room for each of us." she said as she stepped inside. The cascade of beads hid her from view, sounding like a shower of rain as they fell back into place.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:23 pm

Seiran kept his eyes forward, his focus and thoughts seemed to be on the Heartless. As much progress at they made, why does it feel like he wasn't getting anywhere? The world, or worlds, seem so much grander than he could fathom. Maybe he was in over his head, but rubbed his eyes a bit as he passed the alley ways and streets. As they approached the building, he stepped to the side to let Faye procure a room. He ran his fingers along the beads that made up the entrance of this place, leaning against the wall.

He wiped his head once more, his body was starting to adjust to the heat surprisingly. Looking up as the sun was blazing high in the sky, he held his bandaged hand up to block out the yellow em blazed orb. Letting small beams of light peak through his fingers. He looked back down, flexing his fingers a bit as he adjusted the bandages. He closed his eyes for the moment, hearing the noise of the busy marketplace. The sound of people making trades and bartering for deals. The white noise made him smile a bit, remembering the travels he had. Taking regular walks through the markets of his home, greeting the usual shopkeepers and market stalls. The smiles and gifts his family were given. Then the memory flooded back of the barren waste that now resides there, the ashes and nothing left. His eyes shot open to the glare of the sun once more. Gripping his katana tightly he walked through the beads, he wanted to make progress and was tired of waiting and not getting his revenge sooner. "Any progress? We should get going to find this merchant. I can sleep elsewhere if you can't afford the rooms." He spoke out as he walked in, eyes adjusting to the indoors from the sun as he scanned the room for Faye.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:48 am

It was worse than Faye had feared. Yes, she had the Munny to purchase a room for a few days, but only enough for one. To sleep on the streets or in a soft, warm bed? That wasn't a hard choice. The woman sighed, handing over the coin as Seiran decided to step inside the inn. Hopefully the situation wouldn't bother him as much as it did her. Faye found herself cringing. Of course, it wouldn't bother him. He was a man, after all. Boundaries would have to be set in place, and firmly. Turning from the inn keeper, she nodded at the dark haired man.

"We have a room. One room. It will have to do." she said, passing by him to step outside. "We can sort out the details later. If you wish to continue the search, then we shall." the Wisp Sphere hovered into her hands. The violet flames flickered within. "Let us head for the more... seedy parts of city." her dark eyes would meet his. "Since you are a scoundrel, I will let you lead the way. You are more experienced in that environment, I'm sure." lifting her chin, she added. "Not that I cannot handle an area like that on my own, mind you, but you are the expert." she would admit there were some aspect of city life that she would never understand, thug life being one of them.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:44 am

Seiran looked at her quizzically as she walked out of the room explaining that she only had one room rented. Shrugging he followed her out. Was it her discomfort he could almost sense at the idea of a single room? Or was it just the heat, no matter he would put her worries to rest seeing as how she wasn't in the most favourable of terms with him. "You know, if a single room worries you, I could just find a place to sleep elsewhere for the night. After we find this merchant of course." He rubbed the back of his neck, sleeping on the street wasn't the best of places, but rest in general would be much welcomed after this is done with. No matter where he would end up laying down, rest was rest after all.

Listening to her make him smirk a bit as he rubbed his eyes shaking his head slightly. "Scoundrel hmm?" He looked back at her, leaning in closely , face to face with her well beyond personal space boundaries, as his tone became more low and serious. "So, are you prepared for what might await us? Engaging in what scoundrels like me do day to day hmm? Might be some dark things to come princess" He pulled back letting out a soft laugh. Of course his daily routine wasn't getting into brawls and thieving and near death duels in some back alley tavern, but he did find himself in those situations most of the time. Taking the chance to play up the coming walk was something he couldn't resist, for dramatic effect. He nodded and just turned, tapping the katana on his shoulder. "Information can always be gained several ways, the easiest in most cases is munny, but seeing as how we are a bit light on that end. I'm going to have to break a promise I made to you, just this once...well maybe a few more times in the future but for now... Some finess is required. Unless you fancy selling off prized possessions for a substantial amount of munny." Before even awaiting her response he started to walk forward, hands behind his head as he whistled. His pace was casual, but his eyes were scanning the marketplace streets for people, like a hawk. Finding someone he smirked a bit as he casually walked next to a rather tall man dressed in fine silk clothes among other expensive apparel. What caught his eye was the golden chain bracelets around the man's wrists. Seiran bumped into the man tripping him on the ground. "Oh, my apologies sir!" Seiran quickly dropped down to help the man up. As the stranger blurted out some nonsense towards Seiran and calling him all manner of belittling things, Seiran just nodded with a humble smile. Normally insults would make his blood boil, but he was able to acquire what he needed. What the tall man didnt know was that Seiran carefully slipped his fingers around those finely crafted gold bracelets, slipping them clean off the man's wrists as he was being helped up. Seiran quickly bowed in humble apology before walked back towards Faye. He motioned for her to follow him as quickly as possible down a nearby alley.

As he continued to walk and weave his way through the back streets, he started to recognize a few landmarks of the city from walking around before. He spotted the gambling circle. Smiling, Seiran walked up to them, kneeling down beside them as he started to talk them all up. Spinning the gold bracelets around his fingers as he spoke to each one of them he pointed back towards Faye, the men looked at her then back as Seiran. They nodded and then whispered something in his ear. Seiran smiled, placing the gold jewelry next to one of the man's feet. Smiling, Seiran walked back towards Faye. "I found, well hopefully found, our merchant, two more streets down south of us. If we leave now we just might be there in time for him to be opening up. There... is another part of this however." He smirked at her, "I may have mentioned you were an extravagant wealthy dancer from a far away land looking for exotic wonders and that might spring easy information out of the merchant for us." He put his hands up as if ready for a protest from her. "Or, we wait and let you talk to him to see if you get information out of him. I'm assuming you'll try the latter first." He grinned at her as he rubbed the back of his head, as if triumphant.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:22 pm

"Like I said, the details will be sorted out later. You will not be sleeping outside where you could be attacked by thieves, Heartless, and light knows what else could be lingering in the shadows." she looked at him sideways. "As long as you act like a proper gentleman, there will be no issues. I am not so horrid that I would leave you to freeze in the darkness of night. The inn keeper mentioned this heat is completely replaced by cold when the sun sets, you see." the sorceress placed a hand on her hip. "We are..." she let out a soft hum as she tried to think of the right word to say. "Allies, after all. Until we part ways, I shall support you."

The sorceress hesitated as Seiran leaned in, listening to his words before responding with a scoff and turning her head away. Partly from disgust, and the other half to hide the touch of pink that heated her cheeks. The hooligan was doing it on purpose! Trying to make her feel uncomfortable! And why was she blushing? To think that he had the audacity to imply that she could not handle the dark ways of thieves. Well, she would not have it. She would show him how much she could take. "Please, I can handle whatever life throws at me. This 'princess' can be quite adaptable, thank you very much."

Faye had closed her eyes for a moment, lifting her chin in defiance as she continued to listen to Seiran speak. At the mention of breaking his promise, her eyes snapped open, and before she could say anything, he was already turning a corner. The sorceress chased after him, accidently bumping into a few people as she tried to catch up. When she saw him again, he was apologizing to a finely dressed man. At least he was polite enough to do that. Maybe there was some hope for him yet. Little did she know, Seiran had slipped a golden bracelet right off the man's wrist. Oddly enough, he motioned for her to follow him back the way they came. Faye narrowed her eyes as he passed. What was going through that head of his? She was afraid to find out.

Seiran led them back to a familiar group of men. The same ones that had been absorbed by their gambling. A worried look crossed her face as her golden eyed companion approached them. Whatever he was doing, she could already tell she wasn't going to be happy. It was then that she spotted the golden bangle being twirled around on his fingers. Where did he... the realization smacked her upside the head. Why that little-- her thoughts were interrupted when Seiran returned, wearing that same smug look on his face.

Heaving a sigh, she placed a hand to her forehead. Although his technique was not the most favorable, he did find the information that they needed. That's all that mattered. The end justifies the means. It's just that Faye liked to explore all of her options before making a decision, but obviously, they didn't have that kind of time. Not when every second wasted, the Heartless devoured another helpless world. What if the next one was the Enchanted Dominion.

"Hmph... well done, Seiran." she said, reluctantly. "I do not think the dancer part was necessary." she sighed. "But that is better than telling them I am a part of a harem or something else equally ridiculous." the sorceress faced south and began walking in that direction. "Of course, we will try my way first." another second of looking at his smirking face, and she knew she would slap him silly. No one had tried her patience like this before. The sorceress could usually brush anything off, but not this time. She wondered why. What made him get under her skin so badly?
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:58 am

Seiran shrugged and smiled at her. "To be honest, the dancer thing was mainly for my amusement. It felt more exciting rather than, random pretty noble I'm traveling with. Though you're right, I should have said the Harem thing..." He followed closely behind her awaiting to see what this merchant would offer. His skepticism was still heavily weighing down on the whole idea of this. But he had the will and the drive to keep going, and wanted to see this to the end. It would be nice to learn more about these Heartless in general. What killed them? How were they even created? Where did they come from? These and many more questions always seems to wander around his mind constantly since he left home. Was he even strong enough to harm them with what he was taught by the old vagabond? Seiran looked down at his bandaged arm, his thumb on his other hand gently rubbing against the cloth around his blade. He thought about the power he was taught, the scar a reminder of how heavy and difficult the burden was of training with it. Closing his eyes for a moment he sighed out then looked back up to Faye.

"So, you mentioned something before about your magic being feared. Why is that? You seem nice enough, well sometimes when you're not doing that nose in the sky thing you do. But you're definitely no wicked witch I can see...well again with your magic at least." Seiran placed both hands behind his head as he followed Faye. "If you do not wish to speak about it, I can understand, or maybe after we speak to the merchant where there aren't public ears. Just curiosity hits me at times."
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:43 am

Faye's Wisp Sphere floated closer to her body as they headed down a narrow alleyway, catching the eyes of a few passerby as it did so. It wasn't everyday someone saw a magical flying orb, and it was attracting more attention than the sorceress was used to. Back home, she had to hide it in a chest while she traveled, but here in Agrabah, the magical focus brought awe. For once, people weren't staring at her in disgust for magical displays. It really felt like a weight had been lifted her shoulders. When she first saw this world, she had been worried, but apparently those concerns had been misplaced.

The sorceress was learning that she did enjoy talking about herself, mostly because she never really had anyone to talk to until recently. However, this was no time for storytelling. It would have to wait. "'Tis complicated, nor is it relevant to our mission." she said, her voice growing softer. "Such an explanation would be lengthy, and you showed no enthusiasm to listen before." her tone held a tinge of bitterness to it this time. Why waste her breath if he was just going to ignore most of it?

Her heart jumped into her throat as she rounded the corner, spotting a short man putting up an old shabby stall in the distance. A huge turban and a blue robe suck out like sore thumb. This had to be him! Lifting a fraction of her skirt off the ground, she quickened her pace towards the mysterious merchant. Oh, how she prayed that this wasn't another dead end. Someone that was so knowledgeable of special legends and tales had know about the Heartless, and maybe, just maybe, the Keyblade too.

"Excuse me! Sir, if I may ask a--"

The peddler spun around, comically so. "Hm? Ah!" his black eyes widened, completely surprised that he actually had a potential customer. "Salaam and good evening, fair lady and sir! Come closer! I have the finest merchandise this side of the river Jordan, and its on sale today!" he was so excited that it was taking every fiber of his being not to squeal like a little girl. Before Faye could get a word out, he placed an old damaged hooka on the table. "Look at this! A combination hooka and coffee maker. It also makes--"

Faye interrupted. "That is all well and good, but actually--"

"No? Then perhaps you would be more interested in the famous Dead Sea Tupperware! Take a listen! Or maybe you would like--"

"I am not here to buy anything!" the fire maiden finally yelled, out of breath from the many times she had tried to get him to stop talking.

The Peddler's eyebrows furrowed as he pursed his lips. "Oh." he placed his item back on the table.

Regaining her composure, she continued. "Rumor has it, you know are wise in the ways of ancient tales."

"Bah! Stories? Why they are true!" he said, waving a hand. "Like this--"

"There was one in particular that I was curious about. 'Twas about a magical cave." the sorceress edged closer.

The peddler's eyes crossed his arms over his chest. "Who told you that?! Was it Salim? He can't keep anything to himself!"

"The details were vague when I heard it before. I would like it hear from the master storyteller." Faye thought herself clever for adding in the compliment. Maybe that would sweeten him up.

It was no use, though. A devious smirk spread across the Peddler's face "Well..." he began stroking his goatee. "This memory of mine isn't what it used to be. I am having some trouble remembering it seems." he held out his greedy little hand.

Seiran had not been wrong. The Peddler wanted to be compensated for his information. And here she was hoping this would all go smoothly. With a sigh, she removed the Munny pouch from her side, staring down at the single golden orb left. "I do not have much in the way of coin."

"Oh, that is unfortunate." he draped an arm over his head. "I may never recall that magnificent story ever again." the Peddler said rather dramatically.

The sorceress hissed through her teeth like a viper, quickly turning on her heels to face Seiran. Oh, she just knew what his idea would be to loosen his lip, and she did not like it one bit. But if claiming to be a dancer or some other lie was the only way the so be it. Reluctantly, Faye nodded to her companion. She would let him have a try at the Peddler.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:58 am

Seiran's eyes widened a bit spotting the merchant and hearing him speak. He looked exactly how he was described, completely ridiculous. He caught the mannerisms of his actions as Faye approached him. Then, his gaze narrowed and sighed out hearing the merchant speak trying to peddle and sell off any cheap item he had in that stall of his. As he figured, all merchants like him were exactly the same. Only after one thing and one thing always on their mind, but this means they were predictable and easy to manipulate given decent leverage and a minor twist of the truth. Seiran just watched as Faye tried to get her point across and was quickly shut down by him counter offer of money for the information he knew. His eyes followed Faye as she turned around towards him and Seiran complied. He walked slowly towards the merchant, there were a few ways he could approach this. He started to think of the lies he would spin, the obvious one being his favorite choice. And if lies didn't work, well, there were always the more intimidating and brutish approach, hopefully not resorting to that.

Seiran flashed the merchant a smile, bending down a bit to match his height as he put his arm around the man. "Hello friend! I see you've acquired quite the many assortments of trinkets and oddities. All seem quite good." As Seiran was talking he attempted to pull him along with his arm to face him away from Faye and walk a bit away. "Listen, I know you're a man of business right? And such substantial information such as the stuff you know, is well worth compensation." Seiran's golden eyes looked down at him, his voice a bit lower now as he placed his other hand up to block the side of his mouth. "But between you and me, as eager as you were to approach my companion over there, business is far from booming. You're low on funds and no one is buying your great items. So you need funs and the means correct?" Seiran looked back over his shoulder at Faye, keeping eyes on her for a moment. He kept silent, thinking of what he would say, then turning back towards the Merchant. "My friend over there, she's obviously not from around here. A land far off, full of great wonders and magics. I'm sure you've noticed she is quite the exotic beauty. Well, she is from a rather wealthy and noble family, a castle larger than you can imagine placed right near the Emerald River. You do know what emeralds are right? Of course you do, do you know why it was named that? Not cause of the colour of the water, but the treasures found nearby the river, mines and caves full of gems beyond your imagination. This provided the wealth for her families rise to power. Now between us, she's a young noble daughter and, quite naive, powerful with magic. She is wanting to see the world and all that, think about how you could use that to your advantage. How grateful would an oblivious young, pretty, princess of sorts, be to you if you just told her what she needs to know. There might be a sea of green wealth in it for you as compensation, along with many, actual, magical artifacts. You'd be a king among these petty merchants that you are in competition with." Seiran stood up and patted the merchant on the back with quite some force. "She's just after one simple trinket, thats all. And as a bonus, I have no interest in treasures, so my findings would be yours as well. If this cave is true like you say it is, then you have nothing to worry about right?! You dont seem like the adventuring type anyway, who knows if you'd come back alive." Seiran bent down to his level again, placing his arm back around the merchant, his eyes went to a golden glare straight at the merchant. "For your sake however, I do hope this tale of yours its true, if anything were to happen to my friend, you'd face more than just a lack of emerald wealth and my share of the treasure." Seiran casually pulled back his jacket to reveal a hidden blade. Standing back up tall he smiled down at the merchant. "So, how could you go wrong with a trade of information to a mountain of wealth you could be receiving right now? Or...you could stay here in that pathetic stall of yours selling wares that are barely worth camel...well you know."

Seiran kept his glare down at the merchant. He would have went with his dancer idea, but there was enough joking for one day. He needed a hefty lie to try and spin this merchants mind so far into the greed of possible wealth that he wouldn't know what to think. Seiran thought that Faye deserved more, at least for this situation, than some greedy, dirty little merchant ogling her.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:16 am

The sorceress pursed her lips as Seiran wrapped an arm all buddy buddy like around the Peddler, turning away and speaking in hushed voices. How vexing! She wanted to hear what he was saying so she could approve of his intentions or not. No, she couldn't do that. For once, she had to trust somebody to do right without her intervention. That was easier said than done, considering the maiden found difficulty completely believing in others, and not to mention, she was a little bit of a control freak. Fay preferred taking the reins and steering destiny where she wanted to go. This time, her way wasn't working. Seiran would have to work his skills, and Faye would simply have to have faith. With a gentle sigh, she clasped her hands behind her back and watched patiently.

The Peddler listened to Seiran, stroking his goatee as he listened. It was impossible to deny that the man's story was not tempting. The stranger was offering him the chance of a lifetime! How could he pass that up? Oh, he was happy to smile and nod, but that was cut short when Seiran gave him a subtle threat. His neck against that sword was not a favorable option! Pulling away from the golden eyed man, he began to pace back and forth, kicking up some sand as he did so. Of course, he could easily call the man out on his tale, and demand proof, but that didn't seem like such a good idea. Judging from those crazy eyes, he'd slit his throat faster than he could blink. The Peddler felt a shiver run down his spine as he turned back around, looking at the sorceress. The woman was certainly dressed up like a princess. The sari she wore was made of the most expensive of fabrics that he could never hope to wear... unless he agreed to the proposal.

"Hmmm.... he tapped his foot. "If what you say is true, then fine. I shall tell you the legend about the Cave of Wonders, but I expect compensation. You owe me." he wagged his finger at the two before clearing his throat. "Deep within the desert, hidden among the ancient sand dunes, lies the enchanted cave of the tiger god. It is a cave filled with treasure beyond your wildest dreams. Gold, silver, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, and so much more! Why, just taking one handful would make you richer than the sultan himself! Ah... but that is not the greatest prize, oh no. It is said that somewhere deep inside; there is a lamp."

"A lamp?" Faye quirked an eyebrow. "That's it?"

"This is no ordinary lamp!" the Peddler exclaimed. "The legend speaks of a phenomenal cosmic power sleeping inside this ordinary trinket. Long ago, itt was passed from man to man for centuries until eventually, it was completely lost to time. Now, it has found a its new home here, awaiting the day that it will be found by a new master. The lamp is said to make all your dreams come true."

"A lamp... is going to make my dreams come true? Do you hear yourself? 'Tis utterly ridiculous the words that are coming out of your mouth."

The short man grunted. "I only speak the truth! You wanted to hear the story and now you have it. Oh! There is one more thing. The cave won't just let anyone enter. If you are not permitted, it may just gobbled you up!" he chuckled. "Now, let's see here...." the Peddler jumped back behind his stall, and began rummaging through his assortment of junk. "Where did I put it? No... nope... No, but I might need that later.... no, no, no, AH! Here it is!" in his hand, held a gold ornament. Upon closer inspection, it would appear to be a scarab cut in half. "You will need this." he said, handing the charm to Seiran. "By reconnecting the two Scarab Beetle pieces, it will lead the way to the cave's location." he clapped his hands together. "Isn't that wonderful!?"

It seemed like everything was in order to find the cave, except there was one problem. The Peddler only gave one piece of the scarab to Seiran. "Where is the other piece?" the sorceress narrowed her eyes.

The Peddler chuckled nervously. "About that... I do not have it, um, anymore that is. You see, I kind of owed a big debt to some powerful people and well... I kind of sort of lost it in a gamble?"

Faye groaned, smacking a hand to her forehead. "Of course, it couldn't be that easy."

"B-but you could get it back! You'll be fine!" he quickly turned to Seiran. "Just have them place a bet on the Scarab piece. You win, and tada! And if not... uh, well..." he pointed back down the alleyway. "You will be looking for a man named Achmed. He runs that little gambling group you may have come across on your way here. So...if that's all..." he stepped back behind his stall, anxiously tapping his fingers on the table.

The fire maiden shook her head. "One more question." she started, casting a glance at Seiran. "Do you know anything about the dark creatures called Heartless."

"Hmm, no more than anyone else does. They come from... the Realm of Darkness and eat people's hearts, yes?"

Great. Another disappointment, and yet Faye wasn't surprised. "Do you think this lamp you spoke of could destroy them forever?"

"Ehh... it must be possible. The power of the lamp is said to be able to do anything."
he said, but he sounded uncertain.

"We will see." she said, looking at Seiran. "Are you ready for more gambling? The only problem is, we have little to gamble with... unless you plan on 'borrowing' again."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:57 pm

Seiran kept his eyes on the peddler as he explained his story and the tale of the cave of wonders. Inside he was relieved that this merchant bought his entire lie. Something he hoped wont come back to bite him in the end. Still, best to tell Faye later on just in case they needed to match stories for fear of interrogation by the merchant in the future. For now he would focus on the task at hand. As he heard this tale of the cave, his skepticism was still at an all time high. A convenient cave placed out in the middle who knows where, full of treasure beyond our dreams as well as a magical lamp that may or may not make all this darkness go away. The peddler was about as useful as he originally thought in terms of information on the heartless. As much as he had hoped this would be different, it was not. On top of all that, the merchant didnt even have the other half of the scarab needed to get inside the cave. Seiran rubbed his eyes a bit and then turned. A top everything else, he would leave everything to chance if he was able to acquire this key to get inside the cave.

"Very well, lets get moving then. I have some ideas left for what we will do to buy into that little gambling game." He thought for a moment, stealing was to risky now, many eyes saw him before and no doubt the man he stole from would be on the look out and in hot pursuit if he was seen again. Seiran gripped the handle of his katana, letting out a heavy sigh. He started to walk away towards the group he passed many times before. As he approached he took time to take in key features of each of them just in case he had to run them down if his luck went sour. But, he was confident luck had been on his side since he was born, and with a smug smirk he approached the men.

"Friends, once again I find myself in your presence! Would any of you by chance be named Achmed? I was told he could help me get into this little gambling circuit we have going on here. And given our previous interactions, you know me to be a good man on my word in terms of things of value."

Seiran paused, he kept his golden eyes trained on each one of them, his next plan was hard but he had to find something. Wouldn't count on his traveling companion to give up her valuables, now that he knows what they are worth to her. "I also heard a little rumor, that you would play high stakes, for say a small trinket? Half a scarab to be exact." Seiran knelt down beside a few men, "I have a counter offer to the regular wages we have going on here." Seiran pulling out his katana blade with speed, pointing it at a man for a moment, the tip just close enough to almost touch the man's nose. Then flipping it back around, laying the blade across his arm. "This blade is probably worth more than most of the stuff you make here in a week. From a land not of your own, far off full of many wonders. Some say it houses Dragons." Seiran had to play up anything at this point to make it seem worth while. "It has seen many battles, and still holds the stains of many foes! Crafted to perfection, sharper than any sword you've seen. Stronger than some too. The...whats a general word, hilt, of the blade is inlay ed with fine gold in the pattern of a rare flower of my people. Coiling around it, a sacred symbol of power and wealth, a dragon." Seiran flipped the blade back, sliding it swiftly into its tattered and covered sheath. "Now, what say you? One simple trinket, and my prized weapon. One round, one roll, and we let fate decide hmm?" Seiran kept his grin on them, hoping the offer would be inciting enough. His mind was racing however, luck would have to be on his side, losing this blade was something he couldnt imagine. Seiran slowly rubbed the back of his neck, flexing his fingers while doing so, small sparks flashed from his finger tips. If Seiran's luck ran out, or they didnt accept his offer, one last ace up his sleeve was still waiting.
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 am

It was just one thing after another. Was it ever going to end? Faye didn't think so. All of this was getting tiresome, but she had to press on. There was still a shred of hope that the power within the Cave of Wonders could prove beneficial to defeating the Heartless. There was no time to give up. Besides, Seiran was a hooligan. So far, he had handled everything just fine, or so she told herself.  The two had a bout of luck, but when was it going run out? Eventually, the consequences would catch up to them.

"We must stay one step ahead." she said to her companion, following him towards the group of gamblers they were once again meeting. All of this dark underhanded work made her feel unclean, as if there was more grime than usual on her skin, but it had to be done. Whatever it took, Faye was willing put anything on the table to save her homeland. If that required more dealings with shady folk, then so be it. She would manage as she always had in any undesirable situations. Watching Seiran from the corner of her eye, she had to admit, she was impressed. When it came to lying, cheating, and stealing, he was a master. It made her wonder what lies he could have easily told her, or perhaps it was his intention to trick her from the very beginning. If that were the case, she'd sear the flesh from his bones. Betrayal would not be tolerated. The sorceress stilled a growl that traveled up her throat at the thought, followed by a sigh when she realized how silly she was being. There was no evidence that he had any ill intentions, and yet, she couldn't be too sure.

Like before, she stayed well behind Seiran when they approached the men, listening carefully to what he had to say. The man began to work his skills of wit and honeyed words, nothing she wasn't expecting. When he offered his blade for the bet, however, she quirked an eyebrow. Since she had met him, Faye had not seen him part with the katana even once. It wasn't too unusual for someone to have a weapon on them at all times, of course, but in someway, Seiran was always connected to the blade, almost as if there was a bond she couldn't see. The maiden wasn't sure exactly how to describe it. The hint of magic caught her attention, faint but very alive as it surged in tiny sparks through the dark haired man, dancing upon his fingers. So, he was trained in magic, after all, or at least a little bit. Tilting her head, she wondered what he would be prepared to do if this failed...
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Seiran Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:36 am

The men all looked at each other then back towards Seiran. Eyeing him up and down before one stepped forward. With a devious grin he scanned his eyes over the bladed that was offered. Carefully pulling out a small trinket, the other half of the scarab, he held it up to the light. "This must mean a lot if you're willing to offer up such a high prize." The man grinned again and then set the trinket down on the ground next to the dice. He paced back and fourth for a moment, thinking and looking at Seiran and Faye. He smiled once more and then nodded. "Very well, we play, one roll, but a small change. If I win, we get the other half of this little scarab. We aren't so oblivious to know there isnt another piece, and might be worth more than just your fancy sword."

Seiran smirked, with a nod. The higher stakes didnt sit well with him but, he complied. This forced his last plan into action however, he wasn't going to risk losing everything they had over a tale that may or may not be true. "Very well, but.." Seiran set the blade down next to the scarab. "Since we're both upstanding and honest gamblers high on luck. We make this fair, your roller of your choice, but I get to inspect the dice." Seiran sat down crossing his legs looking up at them, his arms folded awaiting their reply.

"What, dont trust us? After the transactions we've made." The men laughed a bit as the one speaking presumed to be Achmed sat down. He pulled out the dice and then extended his hand. "I will be the roller... go ahead. Inspect the dice if you think you need to." The men in the circled grinned at his response.

Seiran smirked taking the dice withing his hands. He rolled them around and held one up to the light. "To be honest, no, I do not trust you at all. What I do trust, is luck, which I like to make my own." He turned towards Faye holding up the two dice between his fingers. "Strange little things, that hold such high priced games." Before he turned back, he gave Faye a wink, small sparks shot through his fingers onto the dice before disappearing almost in an instant, blinking and you would miss it. Seiran turned back towards them and nodded. "These look and feel normal enough, very well, begin!" Seiran handed them back over. Under normal circumstances he would have more than enough faith in his luck. But this was far from normal, and he loved tweaking the threads of fate at times. The dice were charged, hard to feel or tell without a keen eye, all he had to do was discharge the stored current at the right time, giving the dice a magnet effect of sorts. A small trick he learned to do when he was younger to scam for money. Not the most honest, but it worked.

Achmed smiled and took the dice. He cupped them in both hands and then raised his hands up. "Evens.." The man smiled, Seiran nodded. "Odds of course then." The man smiled. "Good luck" He smirked and threw his hands down as the dice rolled out. The tapping of the dice against the ground, bouncing about before hitting against the wall. Seiran used this as his que. "Come on! Let me be lucky!" Seiran stood up on one knee in a ridiculous pose, snapping his fingers and pointing at the dice. As ridiculous as he looked, the finger snap discharged the dice. As the small cubes fell and settled before him. "Wooh!" Seiran stood up pointing at the sky as the dice landed on 2 and 3. Seiran with a great smile, knelt down gathering his katana and the scarab with the other. The man placed his hand atop his gripping it fiercely. "You can't expect to leave now... Without giving me a chance to win back my items?" Achmed glared at Seiran as the men started to circle them.

"Ah...well sorry it was a one roll deal remember..." Seiran swiftly pulled his hand back with the scarab in hand. Stepping back slowly as the men were clearly angered, Seiran turned his head towards Faye. "I think we should swiftly exit...very swiftly."
Seiran
Seiran

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:03 am

The sorceress quirked an eyebrow as Seiran turned to her with a smirk, followed by the faint hint of magic. Electricity danced upon his fingertips, and she quickly understood what he was doing. Clever boy, she thought, hiding a smirk behind her hand. Enchanted dice, a nice touch if I do say so myself.

The sorceress watched as the gambler, Achmed, took the dice. With Seiran's trick, she felt more confident that the odds would turn in their favor. Still, she had her doubts. Would his spell be successful, and if it was, would the gamblers be suspisious? They would soon see. Crossing her fingers, she watched as her golden eyed companion rolled the dice. The silly pose made her shake her head, until she realized this was probably to cover up the spell's activation. A few heart pounding seconds later, the dice fell still, landing on the numbers that Seiran had claimed. A squeal slipped past her lips, quickly making her blush. What was she? Some over emotional airhead!? No! She was a lady, and a lady had to remain proper. Faye attempted to cover it up with a cough and a gentle clap, but it was already too late.

Her embarrassment was forgotten, however, when the gamblers revealed themselves to be sore losers. Dangerous sore losers. The tension was thick in the air. They were not going to let this loss go easily. Faye nodded to Seiran, dashing forward as she caught some of men go for their weapons. "Yes. That would be the best course of action. Let us head for the desert." as much as she detested running from a challenge, she had to acknowledge that they were outnumbered. It would be difficult to escape them. After all, they knew the city better than the outsiders, cutting corners and saving time. Her theory was proven true when their path to the Bazaar was blocked. There would be no guards to help them in the dark backstreets, which played well into the gambler's hands. I think it is time to show off some of my own tricks. the sorceress thought, balancing her orb in one hand. One warning. It was all she would give. "Stand down, fools. You are challenging a sorceress. I command power so great that your tiny minds could never hope to comprehend." the sound of laughter met her ears, before they charged forward, raising their weapons to attack. Faye was not one to be very forgiving, and those that crossed her paid dearly. "So be it."  

The orb in her hand began to pulse and flare with violet flames. The seething heat would almost be unbearable to anyone not accustomed to the element. Blossoms took root, their vines twisting up and around her forearm. She glanced briefly at Seiran, a dark twinkle in her eyes.  "No mercy." her reasoning was that the men were already cruel and dark of heart, and it would be more beneficial to them and Agrabah if their lives were ended. A choice she had no right to make, but did all the same. There was no doubt in her mind that her actions were right. Always right... for the better good of everyone.

Merging the flora with the flames, the orb began to produce a dark grey smoke, filling the air with the smell of honeysuckles. The smoke screen would hide the two of them from view, cutting the sight of the gambler's in half as it flowed over them. "This cover shall last for a while, plenty of time to eliminate them... or escape." the latter she obviously did not approve. "Just know they will continue to hinder our journey and others if you choose to run." placing a finger to the gems on her headband, they began to glow, increasing her eyesight within the smoke. Although it was hard for her enemies to see her, she could see them almost clearly. Noticing one of the men come too close, she didn't hesitate to strike him down, maneuvering her Wisp Sphere to strike him right against the temple. He tumbled to the ground, cursing as he swiped blindly with his blade. Faye waited, wondering if Seiran would take his life, or if she would have to.

Abilities: Smoke Screen - Faye creates a cloud of harmless smoke through a combination of fire and flora, covering up to 30 feet of the battlefield. The target inside the smoke will have their range of vision reduced by half, making it difficult to find their opponent and determine where their attacks are coming from. Four posts remaining.

Equipment: Garnet Headdress -- Enchantment Third Eye - The headdress works as a focus to help Faye keep track of her targets, even if the environment would otherwise make it difficult to see them. (Unless she is afflicted by a blinding status aliment) Passive

MP Remaining: 160 MP - 25 MP  = 135 MP
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum