MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Essence of Nothingness EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Essence of Nothingness EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Essence of Nothingness EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Essence of Nothingness EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Essence of Nothingness

4 posters

Go down

Essence of Nothingness Empty Essence of Nothingness

Post by Val Noria Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 pm

Base Ability: Force Nullification -- For one post, any physical force that hits Val or any of her equipped synthesis are canceled out, effectively, and instantly, removing all force and inertia from the objects as they collide with her, and preventing them from gaining either, unless it was applied by her directly. The objects in question may be kept locked in space for a short time and treated like they were weightless until contact is broken.

Val can extend this ability to give up to two entities the benefit of force cancellation, so long as she is in contact with them.
Base Ability Cool Down: 2 post

Tier One
1st Skill: Void Walker -- Val becomes intangible for up to 4 posts, unable to directly harm or be harmed, but can still move and feel the emptiness (or lack of) around her. CD: Number of posts intangible + 1

2nd Skill: Void Portal -- Val can summon a pair miniature corridors of nothingness that will open up anywhere on the field. She has to be able to see the destinations to summon a portal there. These portals remain open for two posts, or can be collapsed early. Number of paired portals that can be active at any one time is equal to the user's character tier.

3rd Skill: Under the Radar -- Supernatural, technological and magical senses cannot detect Val. She can still be detected via direct visual means though (line of sight, etc.). Passively this makes her untargetable.

4th Skill: Undamaged -- Val can close her wounds and removes injuries whenever she wills it by removing it. This doesn't heal her, but would allow her to use any disabled limbs. Any damage to her clothing and synths are also fixed. It can also remove crowd control effects, but this has a 3 post cooldown.

5th Skill: Banishment -- All objects belonging to Val can be banished into the void and summoned back at will. Any other objects given to her are affected by this as well. Also works if someone else banishes her equipment

Last edited by Val Noria on Thu May 12, 2016 11:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Val Noria
Val Noria

Directory : Directory

Back to top Go down

Essence of Nothingness Empty Re: Essence of Nothingness

Post by Harlow Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Unseen: If you are nonexistent, you lose sentience and awareness. You do not need to not exist in order to be invisible or intangible.

Feel Nothing: Senses are not related to emotions, however, as a nobody without a heart, you are inherently immune to abilities which affect your emotions. I'd suggest making the immunity just to your senses.

Now You See Me: This is a space ability. We allow it with nothingness under the caveat, if you are being observed, you cannot do do this, as you'd be justifying it through temporary nonexistence.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Unseen: Edited

Feel Nothing: Edited. And does this also negate illusions?

Now You See Me: This works so long as she isn't being watched, right?
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:38 pm

So, for Sight Unseen, she can become intangible at will, but when she cannot see, this ability automatically activates?

Feel Nothing: Only illusions that would target your senses, not your mind or any other aspect of your character. If you want immunity from mind affecting abilities, you're immune to illusions that affect those, not illusions that affect your senses and etc. You do not get full immunity from an elements until tier 3 minimum.

Now You See Me only works when not being observed through any sense or affect, not just sight.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Unseen: Whenever she's blinded, yea, she'll automatically turn intangible, and if she's forced that way, and the blind effect would last for more than three posts, the blind gets negated on the fourth and Unseen goes on cooldown. Regarding the Toggle thing, I added that in so she's not always turning intangible whenever she closes her eyes for a second.

Feel Nothing: Hmm, Not much utility for that at the moment it seems. Would it be fine if I replace this for a passive that keeps Val from being observed by anything other than sight? It would have synergy with Now You See Me.
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Unseen: You need a capped duration, so I'd suggest writing, "Val Noria may become intangible for up to x posts, it's cool down being x+1 post. Whenever Val Noria is blinded by a skill, ability, or effect, this ability automatically activates."

The wording allows you to manually deactivate it before the full duration is used, even when afflicted by blindness. I'd say you can be intangible for up to 4 posts.

If you have other ideas, feel free to spitball with me.

Feel Nothing: You can be prevent supernatural senses from observing you, but not enhancements of already existing senses, such as sight, smell, hearing, etc.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:30 am

Unseen: Made the edits, though I made it so that her blind status is removed when she becomes tangible again.

Feel Nothing: Replaced with Under the Radar, which only blocks out supernatural senses, but I added in a part where homing abilities will act like unguided rockets when attempting to target her.
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

With the added effects, both abilities would need to be moved to tier two.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Ahh, I see. Well, I removed them then.
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:21 pm

My mistake. For Under The Radar, include magical senses, as supernatural and magical are unequivocal and I would not want you to have less than you intended.

After that addition (optional, if you'd rather not have it), this'll be approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Alright, added in the magical senses part ^^
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlow Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Approved.
Harlow
Harlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:19 am

Made some edits in light of the new meta. Summarily, these are the changes made:

BA: Can extend force/inertia cancellation to up to 2 entities. (Entities being a catch-all for summons, characters, party members, enemies, etc)

1st skill: Renamed from Sight Unseen to Void Walker

3rd Skill: Added Technological senses to the list of things she can't be detected by, as well as clarifying what she can be detected by.

4th Skill: Removed the 'not being observed' condition, and extended the functionality to bring other entities with her.

I also saved the old, unedited version in a spoiler for reference if you need it.
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:05 pm

4th Skill: Raise the cool down by one and you're good.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Val Noria Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:29 pm

Done
Val Noria
Val Noria

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:35 pm