MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
On the Breaking of Dusk EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

On the Breaking of Dusk

2 posters

Go down

On the Breaking of Dusk Empty On the Breaking of Dusk

Post by Xadik Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Generator Magick:
Kai can combine fire and Electricity to create his own element. Generator is capable of a stacking damage over time effect and is highly explosive. It is conductive like electricity and Burns like fire, so its strong against metal, and ice. It gets short-circuited by water and grounded by earth magic. Because of its growing damage it's also highly susceptible to time magic.
Base Ability Cool Down:
Passive

Tier One
Fusion Blades: Kai can summon his Fusion Blades at will. They all deal slight damage in their specific element that stacks per character tier, and they each have a different effect. All effects can be negated or silenced, but the elemental damage from the weapon itself is based on STR. 4 post cooldown on switch. To balance the utility of the skill, Fusion Blades takes five slots on the skill tree. Outside Light and Generator, each effect cannot be applied to the same target more than once in a 6 post period.

• Light: Extra Damage against Darkness Heart Element and Heartless.
  • Fire: Burns targets if their END is lower than Kai's MAG.
  • Electricity: Stuns targets for one post if their END is lower than Kai's MAG.
  • Time: While equipped, Kai has the haste buff.
  • Generator[Fire/Electricity]: Applies a stacking slight damage over time effect.

Buffga: Kai shares the currently active effect of his sword with Xadik and Ren for 1 post. 3 post cooldown. Kai cannot share the same effect twice in a 6 post period.

Unavailable:

Last edited by Xadik on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 6 times in total

Xadik
The Duskbreaker

Back to top Go down

On the Breaking of Dusk Empty Re: On the Breaking of Dusk

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:52 pm

Since its been becoming more of an issue, I no longer accept abilities that say they potentially do anything. Since this is a base ability it has more pull than other things at T1, however you can have each elemental thing only give one effect, not two. Switching between elements is going to need a Cool Down in the neighborhood of five posts per.

In regards to Generator, another person created a personalized element in this skill tree and going by that precedent, to create Generator would require an entire base ability, not just a part of it. By scaling damage with magic tier, you also make the ability susceptible to silence and negation.

No absorption or immunities at T1, even for barriers.

I imagine people immune to fire/electricity would not be harmed by the chain if it were made of fire/electricity.

By stating that blade canon stacks with MAG, you essentially declare this skill esoteric which means it can be negated and silenced.

You introduce Generator in the Base Ability, and then you create it later in the skill tree? I'm confused as to the order of events. Nonetheless, creation of a new element will consume an entire base ability.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadik Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 pm

I felt Fusion Blades was a bit too much for a T1 skill so I made it base and put Generator down in T1.
The barrier has been pushed out of T1.
Fusion Blades has been modified.
Chain can now safely be touched by anyone with the appropriate element.

Xadik
The Duskbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadik Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:32 am

Bump

Xadik
The Duskbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 pm

I apologize for the long wait.

I'm going to need you to expand more on the generator element. Is it only Damage Over Time and explosive AoE effects? What is Generator Damage, exactly? What resists it and why? What is it effective against and why?

The first skill at Tier One is trying to do far too much. Each one of those skills, at the first tier, is a skill in and of itself.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadik Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Fusion Blades now takes 5 slots instead of 2. Generator has weaknesses and strengths now.

Xadik
The Duskbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:31 pm

The first tier only has five slots. If you intend to keep fusion blades, you can not too keep buffaga. With electricity, since this is a stun effect it needs a Cool Down.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xadik Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:13 pm

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net/t1676-party-member-skill-tree-template
I see 6 Tier One skills allowed for party members, so if its only 5 then the template should be modified.
The line about not pricing anything outside of light and Generator more than once on a single target within a sweet timeframe has been readded. Don't know why I keep forgetting it lol

Xadik
The Duskbreaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:52 pm

That was my error. After doing main character skill trees that day, my judgement was affected when making that statement. Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum