MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Spirit Arts EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Spirit Arts EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Spirit Arts EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Spirit Arts EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Spirit Arts EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Spirit Arts EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Spirit Arts EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Spirit Arts EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Spirit Arts EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Spirit Arts

3 posters

Go down

Spirit Arts Empty Spirit Arts

Post by Sen Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 am

Base Ability: Spirit Arts

Base Ability Cool Down: For every Spirit Arts ability used Sen becomes more in tune with the nature around him. This amplifies the power of his Plantlife, Earth, and Wind based abilities by a moderate amount each time. Cooldown is passive.

Tier One
Spirit's Call: Sen is able to pull energy from his being to produce a functional Spirit Core. It acts as a means for summoning. When Spirit Cores are destroyed this ability does not disable but it will take Sen up to three posts to be able to replace any he has lost in battle. At current, the maximum number of Spirit Cores is six in total.

Float: Sen is able to manipulate the powers of wind to make objects around him or even himself levitate on command. In his case he uses this in combination with his Spirit Cores. Allowing him to move them around and use them as weapons against opponents. All movement is limited to Sen's current movement speed.

All as One: Sen is able to communicate with the nature around him at all times. This includes plants and animals.

Mother Nature: Sen is able to drain the nutrients from any vegetation around him and use it to heal himself or others by a moderate degree. In order to be able to do this proper Sen would need at least a bush sized amount of vegetation to have enough nutrients. Cooldown is three posts.

Wild Child: At this level Sen is able to take the form of small sized animals for a short duration of time. Total duration is three post with a cool down of five posts.

Last edited by Sen on Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Spirit Arts Empty Re: Spirit Arts

Post by Greed Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:29 am

A base ability should have an actual effect. Feel free to look at other, approved skill trees if you need any examples.

For Float, add in that all movement is limited to your movement speed, and it should be fine.

All Is One seems like a plot-based ability, and you can just do that anyway. You can keep the ability if you want to be able to talk to plants and animals in combat, but otherwise it won't really help you to have it.

Mother Nature can actually be brought up to moderate, because of it having a requirement.

Everything else seems good.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Directory : Everything About Greed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 am

I don't get it. Is a boost to elemental power not an actual effect?

Edited.

I'd prefer to keep it.

Edited.
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:33 am

Its an actual effect, but it is severely less powerful than it possibly could be. Technically fine, but I would suggest you look at other trees for an approximation of how powerful a base ability can be.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:34 am

It seems similar abilities boost to a moderate degree. Is this okay for my tree?
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:36 am

Its completely OK. But I would want you to know that it is not limited to a boost - you could give yourself extra MP pools, access to previously barred elements, extra, functioning limbs, etc.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:37 am

I plan for those kinds of things later. For now though this is what Id prefer. To keep it simple.

Power boost edited to moderate amount.
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Greed Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:44 am

I'm unsure of the rules for editing skill-trees as you rise in tier, but yes, looks good now. Might want to but the base abilities effect beside the name and make the cooldown "passive", as their seems to have been a small error.

I forgot to ask for a little clarification on Mother Nature, I apologize. You drain vegetation's life energy for the effect, so about how much vegetation would you need to activate this ability. I think an average bush's amount of plant matter would be an appropriate amount.

It will also need a cool-down of 1 post, I apologize for not saying so earlier.

Otherwise, looks good to me.
Greed
Greed
Synth Eater

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:48 am

No need to be sorry. Your just trying to help!

Check, Check, and edited!
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Since you can weaponize a Spirit Core according to the text of Float, I'm going to need a general idea what it is, aside a means to summon. Size, durability, material, ect. Also- if a Spirit Core is destroyed, is your ability to summon disabled? How many can you create? How often can you create them?

I can see plant facilitating the communication with other plants, but I feel that Moon is what would facilitate communication with other animals. Given what the character is, however, despite this lack of Moon this is still fine. As noted above, however, this ability offers you no actual competitive edge. If you do not care, than this is fine as well.

I'm going to say Mother Nature needs a slightly higher cool down of around two posts.

While communing with Animals is fine, I'm fairly iffy on allowing you access to the full range of shapechanging if that is your intended route. A discussion with staff has yielded that shapechanging is by and large a property of the moon element. Given this character's shamanistic theme, however, I will allow very minor and limited shape changing as described in this ability. You will not be able to pursue shape-shifting further as a result of lacking the moon element.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:44 am

For answers to your questions here's a link to the Spirit Cores app. If there is something still unanswered. Then go ahead and ask again.

I accept this drawback.

Cool down edited.

Drawback accepted. I'll keep that in mind.
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 am

It unfortunately doesn't answer all of my questions, as that approval left the amount that you can call at any one time to the skill tree. So once more, I need to ask how many you can create at once? How often can you do so? You should also link this approval to Spirit Cores so that people who see this skill tree in your armory can go directly to that topic to facilitate easy understanding for your roleplay partners.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:28 pm

I can create up to six at once. Once they are destroyed my ability to summon them is not disabled. It would just take some time to create more. Since they are a part of Sen. I would say maybe once every three or four posts he could replace the ones he's lost in battle.
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Alright. Please edit that in.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

That better? :3
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Yes, however I do need you to state in the skill that the maximum is six. The wording in the synthesis application is that each orb divides into six. This would be establishing how many you can have at once.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm

The way I implied it in the app is that the orbs can only split into a maximum amount of six. But fine, I will add that in.
Sen
Sen

Directory :
Timeline :

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Approved

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down