MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Blade's Dissent EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Blade's Dissent EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Blade's Dissent EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Blade's Dissent EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Blade's Dissent EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Blade's Dissent EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Blade's Dissent EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Blade's Dissent EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Blade's Dissent EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Blade's Dissent

2 posters

Go down

Blade's Dissent Empty Blade's Dissent

Post by Hayden Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Name: Blade's Dissent
Type: Light-Medium Armor
Size: Medium
Alignment: Nothing/Darkness
Enchants / Abilities

• Inoperative Wording- If a spell is cast, but no MP is deducted from the Caster's MP Pool or another source to facilitate its use, this armor renders Hayden immune to that ability.
  • Magical Absorption- Blade's Dissent can absorb and store one spell cast inside of itself. This ability will become that spell, and this armor will be able to use it for the duration of the topic, or until this item runs out of charges. If the topics ends and the charges have not been fully expended: Hayden can then use that spell and install it permanently on a Synthesis Item he makes. The maximum unmodified cost of a spell he can store is 450 MP.
  • Multiply- Hayden generates fifteen non-solid clones of himself that spread out from his body in all directions when spawned. These are merely projections, and while they can move and as such perfectly mirror Hayden's movements they can not actually touch material things or deal damage, as they lack any solid or physical traits with which to make contact. The clones do not cast shadows, but seem to as part of the illusion. The clones last until destroyed, which only takes a single strike of any power to do. (Multiply)
  • Eternal Coil-  If Hayden is intangible, his cool downs decrease by one per post and he regenerates moderate health once per post.
  • Revenge Scheme- If Hayden is struck by an opponent through a physical method, this item will expend a charge and apply the Assassin's Mark. This can only be done once per topic, and will be used without fail against the first person to strike Hayden physically. This can be done barehanded, or with a weapon. This effect doesn't trigger at range. (Assassin's Mark)
    Notable Information:
    This armor is made from a combination of dyed fabrics and leathers, and nethicite interwoven with both of these material groups. Nethicite is a very rare non-reactive mineral that can be forged and shaped like a metal. This armor's ability to absorb and use spells is linked to this material.

Last edited by Hayden on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Hayden
Hayden

Directory : Superior Insincere Directory

Back to top Go down

Blade's Dissent Empty Re: Blade's Dissent

Post by Veara Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:50 pm

The only probl I have is the first one which once again feels more like just an ST ability plus the rare metal it being made from

Cool down on the kinetic force and a duration
I think 5 and 5 works
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Typically, Synthesis Items do not have a Cool Down, even for the abilities imbued in them from spells. This is because they have a very limited pool from which to draw from. Though, that aside.

Well, perhaps the Kinetic Negation is not necessary. I simply believed it would be a nice and useful touch, though only in specific situations. After I reply to you here, I might simply make it a peculiar reaction to a specific method of casting magic, if that would be alright. I will edit the Armor to demonstrate what I mean for you to review. Upon thinking about it, while Kinetic Negation would be a great asset I could create something later for it, rather than cram it into my armor which I feel should be themed around anti-mage instead of anti-melee.
Hayden
Hayden

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:09 am

Alright edit away
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:13 am

Tis edited, and this is where I sort of need your help.

So, the idea is that character that are heavily magic based usually theme their characters around doing the same things. There are a bunch of directions for them to go, but there are some general patterns. More clever Users will make use of their skill tree, and potentially even other abilities to get spells at full power for no cost. I don't refer to effective cost, but what they actually pay.

The idea of this ability would be that, if a person cast a spell, but nothing was deducted from their MP pool to cast it, the armor would render me immune to that ability. I'm having trouble conveying this in a proper manner, though.

Is the above ideal acceptable? If not, could we do something like this, but in a similar manner with how we did the sword that causes backfire?
Hayden
Hayden

Back to top Go down

Post by Veara Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:36 am

That idea is acceptable
Veara
Veara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayden Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:33 am