MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Love and Hate EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Love and Hate EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Love and Hate EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Love and Hate EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Love and Hate EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Love and Hate EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Love and Hate EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Love and Hate EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Love and Hate EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Love and Hate

3 posters

Go down

Love and Hate Empty Love and Hate

Post by Lenneth Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Ability Name: Love and Hate

Ability Type: De-buff, Support

Ability Cost: 70 mp

Ability Cooldown: 3 posts

Ability Element: Darkness/Moon

Ability Description:  With each cast Lenny is able to curse his foes or allies and lower their effectiveness in battle. Vise Versa he can also directly boosts their effectiveness as well. Both by an extreme amount and he is able to mix and match what he does. However he can can only effect three different aspects at most about them per cast. If any buffs or debuffs are already present this effect also boosts the effect of what Len is effecting by how many corresponding stat changes present.

Strength

Magical effectiveness

Speed

Agility

Damage reduction

Item  (Effects) Effectiveness (The item itself can be targeted, when effecting its native properties)

Last edited by Lenneth on Wed May 18, 2016 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lenneth
Lenneth
The La Vaeas Of Darkness
The La Vaeas Of Darkness

Directory : Charming

Back to top Go down

Love and Hate Empty Re: Love and Hate

Post by Game Master Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 pm

One thing that I like to do in ability approvals, while I don't pretend to know Veara's stance outright about his approach, is that when high level abilities have their various effects, those effects have to be related. I'm not opposed to their being "or" effects in abilities, on one of two conditions.

First condition: the ability is actually related to the rest of the ability.

Second condition: while a relation still needs to be present, it can be justified to be instigated through a different way.

Lenneth wrote:With each cast Lenny is able to curse his foes or allies and lower their effectiveness in battle. Vise Versa he can also directly boosts their effectiveness as well. Both by an extreme amount and he is able to mix and match what he does. However he can can only effect two different aspects at most about them per cast.

This is fine. I will note that without a tree dedicated to making debuffs/buffs more effective, you would have to stack this ability quite a few times to see its effect have a very noticeable impact. Rest assured however that the impact is slightly more noticeable at higher tiers for each statistic. Same deal with Magic Effectiveness, though item effectiveness is something I'm iffy on just because its not explained what that means. A sword doesn't suddenly become less sharp just because you cast this at the wielder. You would have to target that item specifically to do something to it, in my opinion.

Listing the stats is convenient for showing people what you are affecting, and you are free to keep it, but note that it is not wholly necessary.

Lenneth wrote:He can also heal/harm targets instead of choosing to buff/debuff them. If he does Lenny must send out a large heart shape projectile that quickly travels towards the target. If healing they will be healed for a severe amount and recover an extra moderate amount based on the next damage they get. If he chooses to harm then this will deal a severe amount of damage and stun them for 3 posts if it lands.

This I'm not okay with. Let me explain why. The primary function of this ability seems to be the buff/debuff mechanic. Then, we suddenly have a heal+damageincrease/hurt+stunlock mechanic that this ability randomly switches too. That's not an effect within the same ability to me. That's a completely different spell. It doesn't expand on the ability, and instead usurps it.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:04 am

Ah just boosting a person spell's power to say making their fireballs deal a bit more damage on impact or if its AOE boosting the blast radius.

Same with the item effects like not really boosting its physical body but like boosting the effects of a healing item up or say expand the range of a bomb. And figured ya i'd be targeting the item instead.

and removed
Lenneth
Lenneth
The La Vaeas Of Darkness
The La Vaeas Of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:19 am

Alright. Just for clarity, you should add that the item can be targeted when reducing its native properties. If you do it this way, you can actually can decrease the sharpness and structural integrity of weapons/armor as well as play with the potency of the abilities of all items.

Drop cost to fifty.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:24 am

only reduce? can i also buff items make a piece of armor/weapon tougher to break like reinforcement?
Lenneth
Lenneth
The La Vaeas Of Darkness
The La Vaeas Of Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 am

You could. And yes, you only need to reduce the cost to 50 MP.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenneth Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:50 am

edited
Lenneth
Lenneth
The La Vaeas Of Darkness
The La Vaeas Of Darkness