MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Elemental Soul EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Elemental Soul EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Elemental Soul EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Elemental Soul EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Elemental Soul EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Elemental Soul EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Elemental Soul EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Elemental Soul EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Elemental Soul EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Elemental Soul

2 posters

Go down

Elemental Soul Empty Elemental Soul

Post by Charlotte Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Base Ability:Elemental Mastery: At the start of the topic, the user selects one Primal element with which they are proficient. For the remainder of that topic, the user possesses the ability to manipulate that chose element. This manipulation can be used purely as a mental action. When used as an attack, these manipulations do Severe damage.
Base Ability Cool Down: N/A

Tier One
1st Skill: Elemental Reach: Elements the user controls may be used as catalysts for skills and abilities.
2nd Skill: Elemental Perception: Due to the ties to the elements, the user is supernaturally aware of their entire environment, within a 50ft radius of themselves.
3rd Skill: Elemental Chaos: The user can slip into, and move at will within, a subspace dimension called Elemental Chaos. This works as a Corridor of Darkness would.
4th Skill: Elemental Sustenance: If the user is affected by an element controlled by Elemental Mastery, the user receives a Regen effect, which gives slight healing per post. The duration is one, plus the Magic tier of the caster, posts.
5th Skill: Elemental Synergy: If the user uses an ability with an element which matches an element controlled by Elemental Mastery, the Ability used gains ½ the damage potential of a blow from Elemental Mastery.

Tier Two
1st Skill: Elemental Channeling: When the user makes a melee attack, the user can choose to cause their physical attacks to do elemental damage. These elemental blows do moderate damage, on top of the physical damage. The elemental damage done is determined by what Elemental Mastery is manipulating.
2nd Skill: Elemental Efficiency: The cost of Abilities containing an element controlled by Elemental Mastery is reduced by 20 MP per character tier.
3rd Skill: Elemental Swiftness: The Cooldowns of Abilities containing an element controlled by Elemental Mastery is reduced by 1 post per character tier.
4th Skill:  Elemental Bonding: The cost of Summons with an element controlled by Elemental Mastery are reduced by 1 DP per character tier.

Tier Three
1st Skill: Spark of Transformation: The user gains Fire as an elemental proficiency.
2nd Skill: Elemental Versatility: Up to two elements may be selected for Elemental Mastery.
3rd Skill: Elemental Embodiment: The user chooses, at the beginning of the topic, a Primal element with which they are proficient. The user's body is then altered by channeling large amounts of elemental energy, which grants a severe boost to all physical stats, and adds the chosen element as elemental damage of all physical attacks.

Tier Fourth
1st Skill: Elemental Consumption: The user absorbs whatever Element is active for Elemental Embodiment.
2nd Skill: Elemental Dynamism: The user can change which element is active for Elemental Embodiment. 10 Post Cooldown.

Tier Five
1st Skill: Elemental Incarnation: When Elemental Mastery is engaged, it is engaged for all of the user's Primal Elemental Proficiencies

Last edited by Charlotte on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Elemental Soul Empty Re: Elemental Soul

Post by Charlotte Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:52 pm

If it's not 24 hours, it soon will be. (I think the site's clock is off one hour, maybe?)

Bump
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:14 am

Elemental Sustenance will be vulnerable to silence or other skills that target and punish magical use. Alternatively, you can scale it with your character tier instead of your magic tier.

What is the damage potential of elemental mastery? It isn't mentioned in the base ability so I have no context on which to judge this.

I do believe the third T2 skill is referring to Cool Downs, not cost.

A recent ruling states that anything with a cost can not passively be made to have less than half of its cost. When meta is fully updated and released, this will be more prominently enforced. To that end, you do not need to include "This reduction cannot reduce the cost of a summon to less than half its cost."

Elemental Embodiment is similar to another ability that I rejected on the basis that it is several abilities in one. Because of each different form giving you a different boost based on the element, each will need to be its own skill. Alternatively, you can just give yourself a flat severe increase to physical statistics and deal elemental damage based on the chosen element.

While I am wary of giving you the ability to absorb two elements, a recent discussion has yielded interesting results regarding immunities. The outcome of this discussion will be made available. Since absorption is in a functional sense an immunity to damage, it fits this definition. So, as such, I will allow this unless such a situation arises proving that I should not.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 am

As far as the base ability, I was intending it to be based on character tier. And, I was led to believe, as far as damage, that, if not otherwise stated, the damage potential was equivalent, roughly, to physical attacks made by the user.

You're correct about Elemental Swiftness. That was an oversight on my end.

And, ANYTHING with a cost, huh? Here I was only thinking it was summons that had this caveat. Alright. I more put that sentence there for my own reference.

I'm fine with the flat increases and elemental damage tweak to Elemental Embodiment. Can the other abilities to each element remain, however? Seeing as they're more flavor/RP Tools, than anything competitively useful? (An argument could be made against Earth, but, given how light she is, standard, and the way Str tiers work, I don't think it's an issue, personally.)

If it helps, at all? The way I understood Immunities and Element Eater abilities, is that you're basically BECOMING the element. So, for example, if I Embodided Fire? Not only would I Ignore/Eat Fire, I would also resist Ice, Plant, and Metal, but be weak to Water, Earth, and Wind. ...This interpretation might be ENTIRELY wrong, but, I was of the understanding that Element Eating/Immunity came with its own caveats to self-balance.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:04 pm

You were intending to base this on character tier, but assuming that without stating damage it would be equivalent to your physical damage, and thus purposely left out the damage so that it would be based on character and not strength tier even though you were assuming it was based on strength tier? Pardon if that sounds confusing, but I'm attempting to grasp your logic and it doesn't seem to make sense.

No. The only thing that the elements could do is deal elemental damage based on the characteristics of the element.

So you are able to become two elements at once and experience no drawbacks that would be associated with two elements that cancel each other out under any normal circumstance? Also, you are correct, because you are entirely wrong.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:52 pm

I think I've managed to confuse both of us. How is the damage of abilities of this sort USUALLY dealt with?

I'll edit the Emboidment, as asked.

I'm not sure what you're asking, there. Would you rather I remove the Dual Embodiment, in favor of something else?
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:56 pm

My personal preference is character tier, but I still need an idea of how much damage it is doing as written in the ability. We have a list of damage terms in the meta you can use.

It was more of a demonstration. If absorption worked as you asked, why would I consider letting you become two separate elements that could conflict with one another. If you had payed attention when I first posted about this ability, you would have seen "I will allow this unless such a situation arises proving that I should not." The ability was permitted to go ahead, but you pressed on with it anyway.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:11 pm

So, Elemental Fusion, as written, is allowed, then?

Also, I'm fine basing it on character tier, but, two things.

1. Would that still render the ability vulnerable to Silence?

2. What would be an appropriate damage level for this? I'm thinking either High, or Severe.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Did I not already say okay?

No. Character Tier is not MAG.
Pick something.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Severe.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

If you had edited that in I would have taken this post to approve this tree.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:18 pm

Fixed.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:19 pm