MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Coaxing the Punished (Faye) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Coaxing the Punished (Faye)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Coaxing the Punished (Faye) Empty Coaxing the Punished (Faye)

Post by Dirge Wed May 11, 2016 1:33 pm

A pair of large, baleful black wings stretched across the sky. Dirge who had dwelt not too far off from the castle, had taken refuge in a dug-out cave to the West. It was about that time the dragonborn had made his rounds of the Dominion's perimeter. That wing-span had flapped several times before he took off into the sky. The sentry of the Enchanted Dominion had scanned the immediate ground around him and slowly circled the place. His shadow occasionally fell over the land and at certain angles, onto the castle grounds. A nice clear day to make sure there hadn't been the threat of Heartless around, considering that lately there had been an increase in their activity. Those creatures were exceptionally annoying and Dirge had gained quite the reputation for turning them to ash whenever they made their presence known. It was his duty towards the people after all.

His circling eventually had him flying directly over the castle and castle-town itself. There had been quite the lovely new additions to the area and with Queen Faye in charge, the townspeople seemed to thrive in perpetual peace. He was eternally grateful for her return those twenty years ago. When she came back, there was instant revolution and resolution to the problems which plagued the kingdom. The leaders saw through their blind, foolish ways and many elected the sorceress to inherit the duty of becoming its queen. After all, if they didn't, they'd have to contend with the snow-white haired woman who had aided Faye and he himself, who pushed for the others to accept her efforts. When they all finally relented, Faye, the Fairy Sorceress, became Queen Faye of the Enchanted Dominion. Dirge had become the Sentry and had decided against being turned back to normal.

The man remembered that small argument as if it had happened recently. Faye had urged the man to realize his punishment had served its time, but he thought the opposite. A dragon who fell into a coma the entire time the kingdom went into further ruin? That was no punishment, that was just the mercy of whatever gods allowed their beautiful country to fall in the first place. His real redemption began after the Enchanted Dominion had been freed from corruption and he served out the rest of his life under that curse. Faye wasn't having any of it and even grew frustrated at one point. Dirge, not really knowing how to handle a woman's anger, did the next best thing any dragonborn could do... And flew up into the sky. There was quite the spectacle afterwards but the man had strangely enjoyed it.

Since then, though, he's remained in his draconic form and patrolled the area to the best of his ability. The townspeople and soldiers know him and he's even entertained them from time to time, but he mostly sticks to his job seriously. He'd be in the sky for several hours at a time and unless needed, wouldn't touch down to the ground.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Coaxing the Punished (Faye) Empty Re: Coaxing the Punished (Faye)

Post by Faye Thu May 12, 2016 8:08 am

The fae queen had been sitting on her balcony when a familiar shadow passed overhead, causing her to look up at the bright blue sky. Dirge was doing his rounds again, nothing out of the ordinary there, and she couldn't help but let out a sigh of frustration. Such a stubborn man. What kind of person wanted to remain cursed? Well, if he wanted to wallow in his sins and find his own forgiveness then so be it. Nevermind the fact he had been cursed by an evil fairy, someone possibly trying to follow in Maleficent's footsteps. Such a twisted vile woman, Faye only hoped that this Mina wasn't going to be her replacement. Her mother told her that the wiles of evil were at their best after being left years to simmer.

Light willing that was her first and only crime.

Shaking her head, she dipped her quill into the ink pot again as she signed another document, adding to the large stack of forms she had already filled out. They were the typical royal requests, invitations, and laws that she and the four great houses had discussed during council. Everything needed to be validated and approved once more by her before they could be implemented, and she was happy to do so, even if it could be a dull process. Glancing up at her dragoon guardian, she noticed him gripping his lance as he stared up at the dragonborn.

"Calm yourself, Xander." she said as she finished reading another document.

"Hmph." Xander grunted, his arms folded across his chest as he leaned back against the wall. "Forgive me, my queen. My blood burns everytime I see him."

"Tis fascinating that the Dracovain instincts have not dulled even after centuries of being dormant." she said, slipping a foot out of her shoes to stroke Wysteria's back. The tiny pink dragon was curled up in a bed at her feet, snoozing like a cat. She let out a soft chime feeling Faye's touch before going back to sleep. "I do wish we could find more history on--Ah!" a strong gust blew through, whipping the stack of papers on her table up into the air.

The dragoon tried his best not to laugh, grabbing as many papers as he could reach. "Do not worry, your highness. I shall not rest until I have recovered every one of them!"

Faye stood there, trying to hide her embarrassment behind annoyance. Had she really forgotten to cast the simple gravity spell to prevent such a thing from happening? The sorceress sighed, watching as the documents were carried upon the breeze, far out of her reach. It would be a pain to go get them all, but thankfully not impossible. What a bother.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 am

And thankfully, it wasn't an impossible task. Still above in the sky, the mighty dragonborn had sneezed, a plume of black smoke flared out of his nostrils. He wondered if the queen was bad-mouthing him (jokingly, of course) and so, turned his gaze toward her area of the castle. That balcony would be the stage for many of their meetings and so it served as the first place he'd look at. When those reptilian eyes had noticed the fluttered papers be carried upon the breeze, the man dived down from his current altitude and made quick work of retrieving them. Careful as to not rake them with those claws of his, Dirge had pinched each and everyone between those clawed-fingers of his. Once they were nice and secured, he circled her turret for a moment, before he landed with steady grace.

Those powerful claws gripped the edge of the balcony and his mere size was enough to blot out most of the sun from the queen's room. His piercing orange-orbs of his had scanned over the two bodies in the room. A light sniff could be heard and his nostrils flared a bit. He wanted to make sure there wasn't any form of... Invisible threat that attempted to hide itself among the woman's living quarters. After he had confirmed that there wasn't any threat, besides the obvious one which was Xander, Dirge had folded his wings behind him and stepped further into the balcony. Faye would be able to spot those slips of papers in-between his fingers.

"My Queen, it appears as though you've misplaced these." His voice bellowed, followed by a low chuckle, which was a deep baritone. A tone that befitted a dragon of his might. The outstretched arm easily came into the room and he made sure to keep his distance, lest that dragoon try to find fault with him just scratching his behind as a threat towards the queen. "Also..." Dirge's voice trailed off before those eyes of his rolled over, then focused back on Faye and Xander. "I couldn't help but feel there was some conversation about me."

That maw of his which showed those razor-sharp, sword-like fangs had formed into what appeared to be a smile. Oddly enough, for a scaled dragon, he had long locks which tumbled down and over his anatomically strengthened and muscular body. Those scales of Dirge's reflected the light well and he'd appear towards the woman, as a benevolently glowing piece of sentient obsidian.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat May 14, 2016 8:07 am

Resting her hands upon the flawless stone rail, Faye watched as the dark ominous blur swept across the sky, snatching up each white blot that was her lost papers. It was quite the spectacle, and the woman tried her hardest not to appear too impressed. She didn't want to give him the the satisfaction of her awe. The sorceress folded her arms over her chest, pretending to be apathetic about it all, hiding her true feelings. Old habits die hard.

Xander, on the other hand, just sneered. What a show off! He could have achieved the queen's papers just as easily using his wind magic, and was just about to do so until Dirge decided to interfere. The dragoon had worked so hard to come to be at Faye's side and he was s little bitter that some cursed man had so easily entered her life. He imagined running him through with his spear, piercing through those tough black scales, but he had to tell himself that was just his blood talking and not how he really felt, and it was partly true. Seeing the dragonborn seemed to make his queen happy, and he in turn should feel the same. Still, he couldn't help but be jealous.

The great reptile towered over the short woman as he stood to full height, and she really did look like a little princess doll compared to his massive size. Stepping before him, Faye held out a gloved hand to accept the papers he had so generously retrieved. "Yes, but your help was hardly necessary. I had the matter well in hand, Sir Dirge." she quickly retorted, fighting off new waves of embarrassment. The crimson tint of her cheeks betrayed her words. How could she have been so clumsy? The sorceress hated to make mistakes, and even more so since becoming a queen. Her people deserved no less than perfection.

Faye turned her back to the dragonborn, her long ponytail bun whipping around to add to her sassy attitude. "Twas of nothing that you do not already know." she glanced over at Xander who stood nearly as still as a statue, glaring at the dragonborn from behind his helm. If only he was painted gray or bronze, he would have fit right in with the gargoyles. "Hmm..." the sorceress let out a soft hum, peering at Dirge from over her shoulder. "Should we continue with our previous argument then? I call you a stubborn fool and you retort with something to the effect of 'I must be punished for my sins' and go on around that bout?" she held up a finger before he could reply. "Or perhaps you could join us for our midday meal. 'Twould be a pleasant change of pace." Faye would finally face him once more, a subtle smile on her red painted lips. "What say you? Surely you grow tired of hunting the local fauna."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sat May 14, 2016 12:22 pm

If there was one word that Dirge had to use in order to explain Faye, it would have been "adorable." Why? Simply for the fact that the queen had been trying so hard to be that upstanding model. Many were exposed to her kind benevolence, yet she had the discipline and ferocity to show that she wasn't a pushover. What the many didn't know, though, was that she too was a person with her own set of weaknesses and whenever exposed to them, all she did was try to appear apathetic and serious. That's why the queen was so adorable. That's why when he was told that the sorceress had everything in order, he just laughed.

"I'm sure you did, my lady. However, I didn't want you to have to over exert yourself or your..." His gaze traveled over to the dragoon, whom had loathed the dragonborn since their first meeting. "Resources." Another toothy grin was given once he addressed Xander as so. Since Faye had already mentioned that the two of them spoke of him in a jest, he might as well shared in the mirth alongside them. Despite how serious he tried to be himself, Dirge enjoyed his jokes. Especially when in the company of the good queen.

He watched her turn her back to him and was prepared to take off after the fact. His wings outstretched themselves and he pulled his arm back, once the woman retrieved her papers. Before that happened, Faye had brought up the age old argument. Though, it wasn't able to start fairly, as she brought up that finger and shushed him. Instincts forbid him from speaking out against that gloved finger. Damn him and his chivalrous, obedient nature. "I am hardly the stubborn fool!"

It seemed her words had gotten through to him, but that was always the natural response to whenever this conversation was brought up. "But, my lady, I wish you understood my point of view. Had I helped you way back when, then you would have had an extra hand in the restoration in this land. Instead, I just added to the corruption and death toll. Do you really think I've atoned for those sins after all of those years?" He asked her softly. Now, the one thing he didn't meant to do was show his own weakness. Dirge's question searched for the answer to that question. Truthfully, he wanted to know if he had done all he could. Then again, the usage of this curse to better serve his lady, the queen, was pretty much the whole reason why he stayed that way to begin with.

Being asked to stay for a midday meal over the animals of the land, Dirge turned his head away slightly and gazed towards the mountains in the distance. "It's not like raw goat isn't good or anything, but..." His eyes had rolled over back to the woman who had faced him fully once again. Those orange orbs of his had widened when he saw that smile. How could he say no? "I'll join, but I don't think I can quite fit in there, so I'll sit out here on the balcony." He stated simply.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun May 15, 2016 11:57 am

That laugh of the dragonborn's was infectious, the very vibration of it rumbling through her own chest and she found herself letting out a quiet chuckle. Seeing the sharp turn of Xander's head, however, that laugh quickly changed into a cough, and she added in something about the pollen being thick in the air for good measure. Not that she thought of her faithful guardian as a tool, but she did want to spare his feelings in this little jest. Even by her standards, he could be too serious and that was saying a lot.

"That is for you to decide, Dirge." the sorceress replied, her voice remaining firm. "The curse placed upon you is an intricate one. As I have said many times, I could reverse the spell, but you must find your resolve." she pointed to his chest, her metal nails glinting in the sunlight. "Until you desire to return to your true form with all your heart, there is naught I can do. Honestly," the queen quriked a brow, gazing up to peer into those orange reptilian eyes. "I am starting to think you enjoy being this way. Am I wrong?" it was a legitimate question and one she had found herself wondering about more often as of late. Aside from his need to repent, the fae queen believed that perhaps the other reason he did not wish to relinquish his dragon form was because of the power it entailed. With the abilities he now possessed, how could he not?

The balcony they stood upon was nothing small, spanning half of the tower that served as her bedroom. An outdoor dining set was already in place for warm days such as this. What she did not have, however, was a chair big and strong enough to support a being as impressive as Dirge. That could be easily arranged. Approaching one of the four ivory chairs huddled around the table, Faye spoke a simple incantation. The maiden's hands became aglow with energy, and with a small wave of her fingers, the piece of furniture began to transform, doubling in size to accommodate her draconic friend. It would be a perfect fit and would even allow room for his tail and wings so he could rest comfortably.

"I'll let Genevieve know we'll be eating outside today." Fay curled her fingers into the palm of her hand, and when she opened them a tiny butterfly appeared. Made of pure magic, it's fragile wings shimmered with the queen's signature violet essence. After whispering her instructions, the little creature fluttered away, leaving a trail of sparkles in it's wake. "Do not even think about it, Wysteria."

The tiny dragon licked its lips as it saw the butterfly, grumbling at Faye's warning. Those green eyes of hers fell on Dirge, and she jumped up out of her bed and onto to the dragonborn's arm. Like a kitten, she began to purr, rubbing her head against him.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 pm

There it was, the laughter was all he needed to hear in order to know that the queen remained the same. Which was a good thing, considering the type of person she was. The joking came to an end, what with the dragoon becoming moody over a few quips tossed his way. It was fine, because he too had the type of personality that Dirge wouldn't want changed. Should he himself ever fail to protect the queen or lose himself to beastly urges, he could trust in Xander to set things right. Something he respected in the man greatly.

Faye's words hit on home, though, when she mentioned that his will to change was his choice and his alone. She mentioned will and other concepts, even pointed at his chest and by default his heart, as a way to show that he had a bit of hesitation within himself. The row of fangs parted to show he was about to speak, but he was then hit by that question. One that she actually never proposed in all of their years of arguing with one another over the subject. There was a visible widen to those eyes of his and the thought seemed to suddenly weigh down on his shoulders, much like the burden he thrust upon himself to begin with. "I, uh..." I guess you're right, was what he wanted to say.

Truth be told, he had power. Most would likely look upon the cursed man and call it that, a curse. While it was meant to be one, the dragon harnessed it and in the twilight years of the Enchanted Dominion being liberated from the darkness, Dirge used his draconic abilities and the destructive might that came in tow, to rend his enemies apart. His new justice was to quell the Heartless menace and he found the will and power to do so, through the use of those claws and flames. The dragonborn saw himself as something greater than what he once was. A man with a sword and shield can do so much, but one with the might of a dragon can do so much more. At least that's what he thought...

"I can't say I disagree with your claim, Lady Faye." Dirge said and watched the magic she utilized to craft a chair for him. He sat himself in it, followed by giving a sigh of respite. "I felt helpless once I realized the truth, you know? Can you imagine how justified I felt in my actions, only to have it all be false. I even turned you down at one point and refused to see your view, something I still humbly apologize for." He said with a light bow of his head before he continued. "I suppose when the fairy witch, Mina, cursed me, she expected me to be hunted down and killed. That didn't happen, so when I came to my senses and realized what had been going on, I acted. Since then, this form has done more as a solution, than a burden. I can't... I don't think I could do all the things I can now to protect my home and the world you made so perfectly, by being that man again." The dragonborn concluded.

It was almost somber, the way how he thought about it. His eyes did show a glint of wanting to be shrunken down to that hume form again, however, for he did find that he missed society. Just to make the townsfolk comfortable he exiled himself and only paid visits, when the children wished to see him perform tricks and the like. Dirge, however, didn't see it as somber. Honestly, he'd sacrifice anything and everything to protect his home, which is why he committed such horrid acts in the past. If that meant even his life as a human had to change to that of a dragon, then so be it, he'd do it.

Those thoughts didn't linger for much longer, as the black-scaled dragon was visited by a adorable little Wysteria. The little dragon took a spot upon his arms and purred cutely. He smiled down to her and took a finger to gently stroke from her head and down the length of her body. "What do you think, Wysteria? Think I can still blow fire out my mouth, even if I become a human again?" Dirge laughed at the question, obviously making a joke.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Mon May 16, 2016 5:12 pm

Judging from Dirge's reaction, the queen saw that she had hit the nail on the head. She couldn't hide that little smug smirk of hers, proud of herself for being so perceptive. Nothing pleased her more than to leave a person speechless in a verbal joust, so to speak. The woman was a kind and wise ruler, yes, but she still had a little bit of an ego from her younger years. To see that secret feisty side of her was rare indeed. Dirge had only seen a faint snippet of it. Catching herself, Faye became that serious proper lady once more.

“I understand." she said, after he had explained his feelings. "It is important to remember the mistakes of the past, Dirge. However, should we become consumed by our faults; we forsake the means to continue forward. Pray, keep that in mind.” Faye scoffed at the mentioned of the wicked fairy, Mina. “Speaking of which, I do wonder where that snake hides. Mother has searched the glade all over and has seen naught of her, nor has any of the other fairies." she bowed her head to the dragonborn. "A fairy that would so easily curse another on a whim is not good. I would feel better to at least know of her whereabouts. As for Dirge confessing how he felt more useful to the kingdom in his new form, the queen made no comment. In all honestly, his draconic curse was put to good use, and he served the Enchanted Dominion well. There were many things a man with a sword alone could not accomplish. How could she deny his claim? He was right, but Faye wasn't going to admit it.

In a sudden flash of light, a feast was magically laid out before them on the table. There were crumpets, iced pastries, cubed cheese, and a plate piled high with sausage links for Dirge. Being cursed as he was, she knew he had quite the appetite. Faye let out a sigh of relief. Everything seemed to be in order. Her chef had recently become interested in learning magic and insisted she teleport full course meals from the kitchen to their respective destinations. There had been more than a couple accidents. The last time she had requested her lunch be brought outside, Genevieve had done well to magick her subject to the upper level, but unfortunately missed the table and it tumbled down into the courtyard. The servants who were caught in the "stew rain" below were not happy.

Enchanted silverware danced about, filling up plates and pouring tea in cute ceramic cups. One of the spoons almost got into a fight with the sugar jar that Faye had to quickly break up before they made a mess. There was some sort of love triangle going on between the sugar jar and two other spoons. It was actually an interesting affair, and many times Faye, Wysteria, and Xander had just watched them go at it like they were at a play. Whoever created them had quite the imagination.

"I hope this is to your tastes, Dirge. Have a seat, Xander. You must be starving."

"I must-" the dragoon was quickly interrupted.

"Remain ever vigilant, yes, but you can continue to do so while you eat."

"As you wish, your majesty." Xander bowed his head, taking the seat next to her.

Faye picked up a crumpet, spreading some grape jam over the top. "How goes your patrols? Anything to report?" the fairy maiden asked, glancing up at Dirge from under her lashes.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 pm

There was a gentle nod that came from the dragonborn. "Aye, you are correct in that regard, my lady. But if I continue to have such a caring and snarky woman such as yourself to remind of such, I'm sure I'll keep myself level-headed." He remarked in what was both a genuine compliment, as well as a way of telling the queen her ego was showing. Regardless, the draconic male had let out that infectious laugh. Though, when the topic of Mina had been readdressed by Faye, Dirge had grumbled to himself.

"Truth be told, I'd be careful about trying to find someone who doesn't wish to be found. Usually when you do, they meet you with paranoia and some times harm. Mina may be going down a dark road for all we know and while it is wise to try and find her, we're likely to come to conflict to her." His voice carried concern and even though he had all the reasons to resent the fairy, he didn't. Rather, he was more concerned with the possibility that she'd become something akin to Maleficent. Him being cursed was the first crime but she could do so much more, if tempted. A sigh bellowed from his lungs but his mood definitely brightened when the food arrived.

His tail had swayed back and forth in anticipation, the banquet (that's what anyone who saw that amount of food would have called it) appeared so delicious, even the food that was far too little to be picked up in his palm. Dirge licked his fangs with that reptilian tongue of his and began to indulge on the pile of cooked sausages laid out for him. While he chewed, the dragonborn watched as the queen had to prevent the silverware from fighting among one another. The knight never could remember who it was, that made those interesting objects. It was quite the spectacle. After he swallowed a good mouthful, the dragon let out a contented laugh. "Genevieve never disappoints with her cookie and I also see that it's not flying out onto the people below. I should find some way to give her my thanks." He said and had trailed off in thought. While doing so, he offered Wysteria several pieces of his meal (should she have still taken perch upon his arm).

After a bit of banter between Faye and Xander, with Dirge eventually being asked about his patrols. Those large, blackened wings of his outstretched and his head turned over his shoulder, then peered towards the horizon behind him. "The Heartless are growing, my queen. It seems that nearly every day there is a small horde or so, that my patrols take me further away from the castle walls." He explained with a gruff sigh. "I hate to be so negative, Lady Faye, but... We may soon be at war with those creatures. We need to ready our forces and possibly send word to our allies. I haven't been offworld like you have but I would imagine your friends may have similar problems, no?"
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm

The queen did not disagree with Dirge's reasoning. It was possible that discovering Mina's whereabouts would yield consequences. The same could be said if Faye decided to call off the search and do nothing. What if that was what the witch was waiting for? A time to strike when no one was expecting it? Her compulsion to be on top of everything and seize control of all dangers was what egged the queen on. Never again would she let her people or herself be helpless. Never. "True, but I fear leaving a fairy like that to her own devices. That mistake was made with Maleficent. She gathered so much power that none could oppose her. Well, that is until the masked man 'relieved' us of culling the cur." her gaze shifted in the direction of the forest before she said with much conviction. "I will not suffer those same failures."

Wysteria gratefully accepted the offered food from Dirge, gobbling it down in two bites before begging for more. The little dragon would have sat there and stared up at him with big pathetic eyes. That is until Faye showed her some meat scraps that Genevieve had collected for her. The moment she saw her own meal, she fluttered off the Dragonborn's arm in an instant. The silver bowel engraved with her name soon disappeared under the table and the pseudodragon along with it, snapping bones and meat in her tiny jaws.

"Indeed. I cannot imagine what sort of panic went on in the kitchen when they heard I was eating up here." the queen took a sip from her vibrant colored teacup, her fingers held securely around the handle in the most ladylike fashion. There were still nobles that elected to extend their pinkies while drinking tea, a habit copied by an old king long ago. Faye simply found the act silly and encouraged everyone to hold their cups correctly. Etiquette was a very important part of her life as it had always been. The woman was sure that she wouldn't be the fine person she was without. It was good to keep up appearances among friends and subjects alike. "I'm sure her assistants were begging her not to cast the spell. As inconvenient as her mishaps can be, a student of magic must practice, and I will not deny her that."

Faye's brows furrowed as she listened to Dirge's report. It was just as she feared. The attacks were becoming bigger and more often by the day.The man she had last held audience with, Sitri, had said that other worlds were suffering from the shadows growth as well. Perhaps it was high time she called on some old allies, the first of which were the most influential family in all the realms. They had supported the Enchanted Dominion in its time of need and continued to do so until the world could once again stand on its own. Faye was more than grateful to their former queen, and had named the world's magic academy in her honor. She owed so much and more to Marigold and held her in high regard.  

"Xander." the dragoon stood at attention the moment Faye spoke. "I need all the reports that have been filed on recent Heartless sightings."

Xander froze where he was, and his lips formed into a hard line. Leaving his queen alone even for a moment never sat well with him.Yes, he knew that she was a well accomplished mage that could handle herself, but it was his duty to protect her and one he took very seriously. Not to mention... what if the cursed man suddenly lost his mind the moment he turned his back? It was a possibility, or so Xander believed. The longer he hesitated, the more vexed the sorceress became. She took the hesitation as an insult as if he thought she could not handle herself.

Finally, he conceded. "As you wish, Lady Faye." the knight jumped up onto the balcony rail, sending Dirge a glare that seemed to burn right through his helm. His stern expression said it all. 'If she comes to harm, I will kill you.' and with that, he flipped into the air and fell down below.

Once he was out of sight, Faye looked at Dirge, her body language conveying deep concern for the future. "We will compare what you and others have seen to get a better picture of the situation." she tucked back a strand of hair behind her barely pointed ear, and took a shuddering breath. "Neo-Queen Darkson will need to be informed at once. With her ties, she can untie the worlds against this growing threat. Though, I pray it is not too late. Any day now, hell could be upon us."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Thu May 19, 2016 11:30 am

"Well either way, my lady, we will not have the resources, nor shall we risk them, with the threat of the Heartless becoming much more apparent. I will say, however, that we can search for the fairy soon after we conclude this mess with the creatures. I share in your same concerns regarding Mina, even more so since I can now feel that bit of desperation in your voice." He stated simply. The topic of the Masked Man and how he had suddenly arrived to topple that woman, Maleficent, was quite the tale and something which alerted the dragonborn that there was more out there, than just this castle.

The small talk continued from there, to which as usual Dirge gave his signature laugh and continued to eat his food. Being the sentry of a world, with a queen like Faye, definitely paid off in the plentiful amount of gourmet meals. He hadn't noticed it before, but even though she was a queen and grace and etiquette was pretty much required of her, she handled it in a rather elegant manner. His orange orbs had been transfixed upon her at one point, for about a minute's time as she resumed her conversation regarding the expert cook. While he did give all the appropriate responses, he couldn't help but just think of her as having a rather gorgeous appearance. The dragon gulped down his food and suddenly remembered that he was still in front of a queen. "Dammit, Dirge, she's a queen and you're a... Don't have such thoughts, you godsdamned fool!"

He berated himself for those thoughts and had wanted to slam his head on something, but that wouldn't have been appropriate social behavior, in the face of such a gracious woman. Thankfully, however, there was a discussion of something far more serious that allowed him to fully separate his lust from his professionalism. Xander had to go retrieve his own reports and even though he reluctantly did so, he still left his queen's side. Of course, the two had to exchange glances and as usual, Dirge just rolled his eyes understanding the warning. What the dragoon didn't know, was that Dirge was far more in control of his form than any could have ever figured. Truthfully, it felt as though he had always been himself just a bit... Bigger, with more scales, wings, and... Okay, his form wasn't normal but it felt normal to him. Once Xander was gone, it was just the two of them.

"Shall I be frank, my lady?" The dragonborn asked and paused before continuing. "The situation is very, very bad. This rise in activity can be compared to Malazon's calamity from the past, if not worse." It sounded dramatic yet he wasn't wrong. "Worse, because now that we're no longer fighting among ourselves, that must mean the enemy has the numbers to possibly overwhelm. However, I won't let that happen. I'd sooner die than allow all your hard work to be ruined!" He growled softly. The mention of the new queen, daughter to the one who had aided Faye before in the past, would likely have the power and influence to unite the rest of these "world leaders." Could someone really accomplish something like that? Dirge was doubtful, but wouldn't express such a thing. His own queen believed in the other and so, he'd give a small bit of his own belief in this idea.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri May 20, 2016 10:33 pm

"Yes, of course." she answered in regards to the wicked fairy. The Heartless had to be their main focus; not some hidden threat. Still, she preferred keeping one eye open in the back of her head if possible.

With Xander's departure, the two were left alone. It was not often that Faye was granted privacy with another. Let alone, Dirge of all people. Honestly, it surprised her that her faithful dragoon had even agreed to retrieve the reports. Usually when she requested such of him, he would object to leave her side as respectfully as he could. Perhaps he was starting to trust the sentry, though she knew he would never admit such. The queen placed her teacup back on its saucer, brows furrowing slightly as he described the growth of the Heartless much similar to that of Malazon's reign--maybe worse. That was a very unsettling thought and the woman struggled to keep her face from forming into a grimace. It was not the first time. She had been given similar explanations by others. That did not dull the pain of the fearful news, however.

As he finished, she shook her head. Yes, she enjoyed the praise, but she could not accept it completely either. "Nay. Twas not me alone." she said, almost as if she were irked at the notion. Though she had done much to help her home, she would never take all the credit for its grandeur. "The people are the true heroes whom have made this world a paradise. A sanctuary of man and fae. 'Tis my purpose to guide and protect them, and that is what I shall do. Until my dying breath. I will do whatever it takes." she met the dragonborn's gaze. "I pray it will not come to that, my friend--in fact, I won't allow it. 'Twould be a colder world indeed if the lands were robbed of their noble sentry." the queen said, another rare smile on her face. It was strange how she found herself making that lovely expression around the dragonborn often.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sat May 21, 2016 2:49 am

Dirge was glad to have been able to serve a modest and passionate queen. Not one to boast, she cared more about her subjects than other form of glory and that was something he admired in her most. Despite his already hot to the core heart, the dragonborn felt his own spirits steadily rise and his morale was at an all-time high. Especially with that smile which could kill even him, with how rare and surprising it was. It was a warm gesture he only ever got to see on occasion and to celebrate that, he smiled back as best he could.

"Your words have always made me smile, my queen. I am honored to be yours and this land's sentry. I shall try my hardest not to leave it, because after all, I have sworn myself to protect you and the image that was created, with the combined efforts of everyone else. Plus, how could I die and never gett a taste of Genevieve's lovely cooking again, or die and never receive that lovely smile of yours again?" Dirge let out a hardy laugh and went back to eating. The room's temperature grew slightly, but that was because he had radiated the heat of apparent embarrassment. He suddenly caught wind and figured that his words might have been a little too casual, too open for Faye. It was a rather cheesy way he thought of it, but he felt as though the fires in his body coincided with his emotions and thus, whenever something good had either embarrassed, flattered, pleased, or aroused, the heat around him would temporarily rise. Hopefully, though, he hoped that the queen hadn't caught on to such a behavior, because he could recall the many times that heat substituted a blush whenever he grew nervous around the woman.

"A-Anyways... I'll try my hardest to give it my all and return to the kingdom. You have my word." The dragonborn said with a resolute tone.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

The air around them began to grow warmer after the dragonborn's laugh. The heat was unforgiving to a lady in a dress of fine silk and lace, and so Faye always kept an oriental fan at close hand for such a dilemma. Oh, she knew very well where it was coming from, and didn't need twenty years to figure out that Dirge was the source. It must have been a difficult thing to hide. The queen couldn't imagine not having at least her hands to shield her flushed cheeks. How miserable! Not once did Faye ever accuse him of the rising temperature. He couldn't help it that his blush was the equivalent of a mini heat wave.

"Such lovely words. You could easily stoke the fires of a young dame's heart, Sir Dirge." she chuckled, responding with something equally cheesy, and probably the closet she would ever get to flirting. "I am honored to have so vigilant a knight." she moved her fan in a gentle motion.  her cheeks had turned a soft pink. Maybe she over did it there. It wasn't often she second guessed her words.

Letting go of her fan, it continued to remain in midair and do its work as she raised her teacup to her lips again. It was time to switch subjects before her cheeks decided to turn a brighter color. "Oh, I was invited to a banquet recently. In Twilight Town of all places. That was one of the letters I was examining earlier. It mentioned some of the other world leaders will be in attendance. 'Twould be a fine opportunity to meet with all of them. Alas, as interesting as it sounds, I am hesitant to leave..." she trailed off.

It was plain to see that she did desire to go. Faye gazed up at the sky, remembering the days when she had traveled among the stars. It was an euphoric experience, and one she found to be missing as of late. The wanderlust of her younger years was returning. She wanted to see how the worlds had grown, to see new places and people. That was why the party invitation was so tempting. It was like dangling a piece of candy in front of her face, but she told herself she could not accept it. Her place was here. A queen should not have such selfish thoughts.

"Have you ever had any desire to venture to another world?" she asked Dirge, a rather sudden question.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sun May 22, 2016 2:20 pm

He hated it when she did that! Whenever they did have time alone, she just... Kept going with the flattering conversation. Her line was as equally cheesy and it brought a bit of laughter from his maw, but it made him happy. Though, she really tugged at his heart strings by calling him a vigilant knight. That pride of his inflated just a bit, but more so he felt very accomplished. He even caught a glance at the pink upon her cheeks. Maybe it was about time they cooled it down a bit? Last thing he needed to do, was be unprofessional around a woman with such grace.

The dragonborn straightened himself up and flexed out his wings and tail, which was his manner of stretching. Dirge let out a sigh of respite and sat further back in his chair, comfortable with how it cradled his size. A perfect fit. This made it so that his attention was focused completely on what Faye had to say. One of the many letters she had taken a look at, had to deal with going offworld for some form of banquet. They both shared a similar opinion but much like how Faye was hesitant on leaving, he was hesitant on speaking his mind about the whole thing.

"It seems rather ill-timed, if I do say so myself, my Lady." His voice came with a bit precaution "Unless you had someone who could hoist your lofty title and keep things in proper array, it'd be unwise to leave. Though..." Dirge's voice trailed off as did his eyes. He peered outside and down to the township. "I wish you could go. I see that light in your eyes every time you speak about Miss Marigold, or any of the worlds you had been to. It's soothing to see that you still have the urges to go, yet it hurts to see that you can't. However... I'm sure in time, you'll be able to find a king who can sit in the throne, while you go off and play like a small child again?" And just like that, the dragon had teased at the queen. That signature laugh of his bellowed from his chest and echoed kindly against the walls.

But that laughter was soon cut short when Faye inquired about his own travels. Did he want to go off and explore the other worlds? Truth be told, he hadn't ever thought of it for more than a moment. Dirge was so preoccupied in his guarding of the land, that he just didn't give his mind the time to actively think on it. Once more, his orange, reptilian eyes had peered anywhere but the queen. The heat rose a bit too, but after that, it began to slowly grow to a more chilled temperature. "Between the stories you tell and my guard duties, I haven't had much time to really form a concrete feeling on the matter. I mean, I suppose I would enjoy seeing those worlds through your eyes, but I don't think I've earned a trip just yet. There are still things that I have to make sure are seen through to the end, until I can go off on my own adventure."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 pm

There was no sense in dreaming of the lands beyond. It would only encourage the wanderlust to plague her thoughts further. Faye was not tired of the Enchanted Dominion, far from it, but it had been twenty years since she had left her home for any extended amount of time. As vast and unique as the world had grown, the queen was suffering a case of cabin fever. She couldn't even remember the last time she had went beyond the town, or even the castle! The realization struck the woman hard, her shoulders drooping as she leaned back against her chair. Had she really been that busy lately? Able to do nothing but sit cooped up in her palace?

So much had happened with the Heartless and other matters that she had forgotten to slow down. There was a lot of work that went into running a kingdom, and Faye had little to no time to herself. Not that she minded, though. Since before her coronation, Faye had vowed to dedicate her life to the Enchanted Dominion. The council meetings, settling land disputes, holding audience with every subject that asked for her aid--even if it was just a girl wishing to bring her a flower--she made the time for them. As much as she enjoyed ruling, it did become exhausting. The idea of a regent to rule in her stead was appealing; at least when she was outside the kingdom, but would anyone be able to live up to her set up expectations? Probably not many.

Faye forced a smile at the dragonborn's teasing. "Oh, I still intend to go and have as much fun as I possibly can. Just not in person." she took her fan from the air, snapping it shut as Dirge's 'blush' faded. "Mayhaps I will send one of my ladies-in-waiting or mother in my stead. My magic mirror..." she clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "Where did I see it last? Hm, I shall have to hunt it down." she was about to rise from her chair until Wysteria hopped up into her lap, begging for attention. Smiling at the little dragon, she gently stroked her neck. "Oh well. I shall worry about it later. I should have plenty of time to find it before the banquet." the sorceress looked down at the town, watching the tiny dots going about their daily business. When Xander returned with the reports, and once she examined them herself, maybe she could leave the castle. It would finish up her work for the day. "I think you would enjoy otherworldly travel, Dirge. If you truly desired to leave, I would not hold you back. There is so much the other worlds have taught us and vice versa. 'Tis truly a beautiful thing."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Mon May 23, 2016 8:13 pm

"Ever the rebel still, I see..." He let out a brief chuckle at his queen's statement of still intending to go, but through the use of someone close to her. It was refreshing to have a leader who had a more... Rebellious side to them. One who always preferred the more uptight and business-like attitudes never quite sit right with Dirge. Though, when he had heard of Faye's willingness to allow him to leave, if he ever desired, the dragonborn felt a little... Nervous, perhaps? "That is most gracious of you, Lady Faye, but what if you were to ever need me? I mean, I know you and Xander, plus the other dragoons are more than enough but, but, but...!"

Just from that manic episode alone, she'd be able to tell that he was infatuated with the idea of traveling. However, he was being that same stubborn man and trying to bind himself to duty. "I mean, just think about it... What if some big thing attacked and you needed an equally bigger dragon, like me, to come in and stop it, you know? I must wait before fantasizing of wandering the worlds, plus... I'd much rather travel them with y-" Dirge caught himself then and there. His eyes widened for just a moment and he gazed over to the remainder of his food and began to chow down once again. He had to find some way to reset the conversation.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed May 25, 2016 12:37 am

The queen quirked a brow, "A rebel? Perhaps... I prefer to see it as thinking outside the box. Have I ever allowed an obstacle to stand in my way before?" she asked in a proud manner. Faye could tell from the fire in those orange eyes that he did wish to venture to other worlds. Yet, she could not say that his assistance in an attack would not be helpful. The scrying towers could only do so much, and that effectively made Dirge her eyes. With his wings, he could scour every corner of the Enchanted Dominion with ease. If there was trouble brewing on the horizon, the sentry would be the first to know. A part of her wanted to say that she would always need him, but that didn't really sound appropriate. "I would never chain your here, Dirge. 'Twould be unfair. How could I deny your heart's desire after everything you have done for the kingdom?"

Faye cocked her head to the side and Wysteria mimicked her movements as the dragonborn cut himself off. She was about to ask what he was going to say when Xander returned, landing with his usual grace on the balcony. "Forgive me my lateness, your majesty." he rose from his bow, offering his liege the reports he had retrieved for her. He spared Dirge only a brief glance.

"Ah, thank you, Xander."
she said, accepting the small stack of papers. It was time to get back to business. Whatever Dirge really wanted to say, she put it out of her mind for now. "These date back to the beginning of the year, correct?" Xander gave her a nod as she began skimming through the reports. Most of them were simple, and labeled the beasts of the land more of a threat than the rare lone Heartless that appeared. Slowly, the number of sightings began to raise, growing more dramatic with each report. If only she had a graph to present this on. "What would trigger these sudden spikes in activity?" a grim expression took hold of her and she suddenly rose from her seat, causing Wysteria to whine in protest. It was time to give a certain someone a visit. She had put it off long enough. "Mayhaps he has the answers we seek. Pray, excuse me."

Xander was quick to object. "You plan to consort with that fiend alone, my lady? " he shook his head. "No, I cannot allow it. What if the Darkson's prison has weakened? You must have protection, your majesty."

"I have faith in Marigold's device." she said, softly. "It has withstood this long. I will be fine. No one need bear witness to the monstrosity which is Malazon. 'Tis my burden and mine alone."

"My queen..." The dragoon looked to Dirge. "Surely you cannot agree with this." If anyone cared about the queen's safety as much as he, Xander knew it had to be Dirge. Regardless of what he thought of him personally, he could admit that they shared that in common. Maybe he could talk her out of going by herself.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Thu May 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Dirge sat further back into his chair and had rested a scaled leg over the other. Yes, he was very much comfortable with casualness of their conversation. Of course, with her proud mannerisms and speech, it was hard not to want to chuckle, so he did. Another thing about the queen was her benevolence. His eyes burned with passion and duty, even more so when he peered into her own and that usually only happened whenever he was around Faye. She told him that he was free to go, that he wasn't bound, "chained" was the word, yet he didn't see it like as being bound down to the world. Dirge's efforts in protecting the kingdom had literally become second nature. His mouth opened to convey the thought, only to be interrupted by Xander's return. The reports were found.

The dragonborn sat up in his chair more formally at this point, his soft gaze turning more stern. If everything matched up then what Dirge had been monitoring to begin with would be true. The Heartless are becoming the evermore growing threat. Faye's expression changed and he knew his thesis was correct. A low rumble bellowed in the pit of his chest and symbolized a growl. The talk of leaving and the like could wait, for his own will had steeled itself for the defense of his home more than ever. However, there was that look in the queen's eyes, one that telegraphed her intentions and much like the dragoon guard, the dragonborn had risen slightly out of his chair.

"I agree with Xander, Lady Faye." Dirge spoke resolutely and hadn't realized he had been standing completely, hands balled into a fist. That... Thing, harmed and nearly killed his queen before, entrapped the minds of everyone in the kingdom, even his own and planned to wrought untold destruction through the deaths of many. There was no way Dirge was going to let her go it alone. His growl was made a bit more audible. "I have faith in the Darkson machine, I do, but that creature of the dark has had twenty years to figure something out... You must take someone with you." The dragonborn continued to urge. "Hell, I'd even turn human if it meant you'd be safe when around that creature." He had suddenly blurted out, his own eyes widened at the sound of his words.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Fri May 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Faye stared at her knights, touched by their loyalty and dedication. It was an expected response, but it never failed to bring her joy. That was not how she conveyed her feelings, however. It was not often that she visited Malazon. Not unless it was necessary. In the early days of her reign, Faye had tortured the seeker with a light based spell on several occasions. Not simply for any malicious reason; though it would be a lie to say it did not give her any satisfaction. When the larger and more dangerous Heartless still roamed about the Enchanted Dominion, the sorceress had forced the dark elf to lend his aid in bringing them down, revealing their locations, weaknesses, etc. He had been defiant, naturally, but she convinced him otherwise. Faye believed it to be a bittersweet kind of justice, making the Heartless Lord assist in the world's healing. If only he had been able to return the lives that had been lost. When all was finished, she left him be, locking the dungeon up tight so that no one else could enter.

Years had past since then, but Faye continued to see the Heartless Lord when she slept. Malazon came to her in nightmares, using the connection they formed when he attempted to take her heart. Sometimes she woke up screaming or covered in a cold sweat, and the images he showed her became increasingly morbid over time. She had learned how to block out most of it. At least enough to where she could get a decent amount of sleep.

"Dirge. Xander. You must understand. The risks... if he could... if he is..." she was at a loss on how to form her defense, mostly because she knew they would not listen anyway. A 2v1 against the most stubborn men in the entire kingdom... it was a dreadful scenario for the queen. She knew they wouldn't stop until she said yes. Was there even any point in putting up a resistance? Faye pinched the bridge of her nose for a moment, before speaking in a stern tone. "Malazon is manipulative. His power may be sealed, but he can still speak, and 'tis a sharp tongue he has. You must steel yourselves. The last thing I need is for one of you to lose your temper. Trust me, he will try to strike a nerve. Do not give him the pleasure. Is that understood?"
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sun May 29, 2016 9:23 pm

"My queen, you must realize, that if he's as strong as you say he is. The ultimate risk is losing you and we will not allow that to happen." He stated once more with firm resolution in his voice. Eventually, the queen had relented and allowed the two to join her. A smirk appeared on that maw of his and he stood up straight, a soft chuckle leaving from him. "Excellent choice. Trust us to keep our minds and emotions still, but, uh... How should we accommodate my size inside the palace? Unless you have that vile cur elsewhere it might be a little packed."

Dirge had stated and wondered if she had honestly considered turning him human. A light groan escaped and sounded more like a low, rumbling growl. The last thing he wanted was to lose his power and then having to go in and face that... Heartless creature. Either way, he had to get mentally prepared for whatever it is that this proposition had planned for them. His shoulders rolled themselves out and he cracked his neck. After which, the dragonborn had cracked his knuckles and finally stretched out his wings to their full span.

"Nonetheless, Lady Faye, I'm ready whenever you two are."
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:13 pm

A part of Faye wanted to smack both men on the heads when she saw the smugness of their faces. It pained her to relent in the challenge so easily, even if they did have a good point. Malazon could always find some little way to get to her, and that was why she was concerned for her knights. She wanted to say that was different now, that she was stronger than before. There had been times where she had lashed out at him in anger, tears streaming down her cheeks as he laughed at her and the people that had been lost. Faye was determined that would not happen again. This time, she would act as a queen should, especially in front of Xander and Dirge.

"Hmm, the dungeon may be a bit cramped for your height..." The sorceress eyed Dirge. Yes, his size was going to be troublesome getting through the castle. She didn't want him to break anything. A twinkle came to her eyes as she got an idea. It was a simple fix, and she was surprised she hadn't thought of it before. "Hold still a moment." was all she said before she weaved her spell. Violet arcane seethed between her fingers, twisting and flowing about her form. With one simple flick of her wrist, it rushed to surround the eight foot draconic man. In a matter of seconds, Dirge's height and girth would diminish, though not dramatically. It was just enough so that the palace could accommodate him. When the spell ended, it would leave Dirge standing at about 6'5. "There. You may still have to duck your head and shimmy through some passages, but 'tis doable."

Wysteria crawled up the queen's arm and perched herself upon her shoulder as the woman moved into the living area of her private chambers. "This way, please." once everyone was inside, Faye would instruct Xander to close the doors and cover the windows, making sure they were locked and the enchantments were in place. "Dirge," Faye removed her necklace with a lovely gold carving of a heart. "There is an old tea kettle locked in the chest over there. 'Tis the ugliest looking thing; a thief wouldn't even touch it. Would you be a dear and go get it for me. Handle it with care. I'll be right back." Faye handed him the heart shaped key; and with that, she headed into her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

"Well. That was easier than I had anticipated." Xander whispered. He adjusted the last enchantment on the door before moving to the entrance to the balcony. "And here I had an argument all prepared to fight back. It must be because you are here." he would mutter out the last sentence.
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:23 am

That much was a given. Dirge was a large dragon indeed and it was one of the main reasons he preferred the outside area, despite how much he missed living inside of a home. The open area of the fields and caves were at least able to hold and shield him from the elements. Though, it appeared as though Lady Faye had some idea.

He stood up straight when instructed and watched the woman's hands move. Magic, violet in color, had escaped from her grasp and launched itself towards him. The dragonborn flinched just a bit, hoped no one saw the action, but was more attracted to the fact that the room around him began to steadily grow bigger. His size was effectively reduced and he stood no higher than six feet, give or take a few inches. Dirge was still his dragon-self, though, which was a pleasant surprise. "This is actually relatively close to my height as a human... Well done, Lady Faye." Dirge commended, having to give credit where credit was due.

After the back and forth, it was time to get down to business. Dirge followed behind the queen, entering her private chambers and taking a quick peek around. The inner-man inside of him was curious as to what a queen's room looked like. He had never been allowed inside of one until that very moment, so there was a bit of childish, boyish instinct that took him over. His attention had been grabbed when the half-fairy, half-human woman addressed him and had a her keyshaped necklace in her hands, handing it over to him. "Ugly tea kettle in chest, got it." Dirge repeated and went to go do as he was told. Ever the loyal and unquestioning knight he was.

With her gone, the dragonborn set about going on with his task. There was some idle chitchat exchanged between he and Xander, as he plunged the key into the keyhole and turned it. "Right? I half expected myself to fly away if she got too heated." He chuckled and had opened the chest, gazing upon the rather ugly tea kettle. The thing was actually so gaudy in its ugliness, that it distracted him momentarily from Xander's comment. "What was that?" Dirge asked, as he carefully retrieved the thing. Besides the anger his queen could have, he feared that tea kettle on top of it. Sure, he wasn't a looker or anything like that, but he sure as well believed that rotted silverware was going to curse him just by holding it.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:06 am

Within her chambers, Faye was bustling around her room as she reviewed the enchantments she had placed upon Malazon's prison as well as the traps that were set in place. Though the only way inside the dungeon was by teleportation, and the location could only be accessed by her and one other, she was a little paranoid. Better to be safe than sorry. Most of these obstacles she could deactivate in her sleep, but she wanted to be sure. Especially with two companions tagging along. It would be sad indeed if they lost their head or were incinerated because she forgot a step. Her finger traced the runes within one of her tomes, bright with intricate gold carvings, and then flipped the page to trace another three that were white, red, and green.

"They will just need to be attuned then." she muttered, snapping her book shut and placing it back on the shelf.

The queen was about to exit the room, but stopped before her hand reached the handle. Faye looked over her shoulder towards her nightstand. There was nothing strange about it. Just a traditional styled piece of furniture with a rounded tabletop and legs resembling that of a dragon. She approached the side of her bed, and placed her hand on the dark polished wood. Inside was an object of great power, one she had been working on since the Heartless Lord had been imprisoned. Not that Faye was skeptical of Marigold's device, far from it. This item was a fail safe in case the dark elf was set free. Faye tried to plan for everything. However, if activated it could potentially be used for so much more... in theory. The sorceress had never actually had it tested, though she hoped that day would never come. Opening the drawer, she removed a plain white crystal--nothing spectacular--and placed it in a tiny pocket inside her gown.  

She entered the small foray of her bedroom, noticing the two males engaged in conversation. Xander sighed as Wysteria began scratching on the glass balcony door and let the pink dragon inside. He repeated himself, louder this time, "I said, it is most likely because you are here."

Faye cleared her throat, suddenly feeling a tad irked. Her ears felt like they should be ringing. "Am I interrupting?" Wysteria replied with a chiming sound and soared onto her lady's shoulder.

Xander opened his mouth to say something, but ended up just shaking his head. He was never good with words. It didn't matter what they were talking about. She had to get to the dungeon. "Good. You found the kettle." the sorceress stopped before the dragonborn and waved a hand over the ugly old teapot. "Reveal thy true form!" the rustic dining ware instantly reacted, glowing with a bright purple aura as it began to shift and change shapes. When the light faded, Dirge would be holding an onyx orb as big as his hands. "Excellent. This serves as the gateway to Malazon's prison. The outside perimeter to be more precise. There are some corridors we shall have to transcend before we enter the main chamber. she would beckon Xander over. "It will take a moment for the orb to attune to your hearts. Just place your hand there. Just like that. Dirge, you are fine where you are... as long as you do not drop it."
Faye
Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirge Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Dirge had raised a brow when told that Faye's reason for conceding might have been due to his presence, a light scoff from from his maw. "I doubt that, Xander. I just think she--" His sentence had been cut off once the queen had reentered the room. Much like the dragoon, he had opened his mouth to speak, but closed it shut immediately. There was a time and place for that conversation, but for right now they had more important things to get to. That being the ugly tea kettle which he had held, was then shown to have just been an illusion glamoured by the woman herself. It's true identity took the form of an orb of sort, which held magical essence within. This much was proven when it swirled between different colors and seemed to have been linking itself with his very identity. "Don't worry, I may be a big guy, but I'm no oaf."

A light laugh left the dragonborn's mouth. He stuck to doing what he was told and held onto that orb, letting it attune to his heart, as Faye had described it.
Dirge
Dirge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next