MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Limitless Skill tree EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Limitless Skill tree EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Limitless Skill tree EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Limitless Skill tree EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Limitless Skill tree

2 posters

Go down

Limitless Skill tree Empty Limitless Skill tree

Post by Thelennx Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:24 am

Base Ability: Limitless- Thelen is able to control the energy and force of his strength to apply its effects to different locations within a large area around him, in order to perform this he must actually physically move his body. Thelen’s strength is also boosted a severe amount as well.

Base Ability Cool Down: 3 posts

Base Ability: Boundaries-  Thelen is able to erect a powerfully large barrier of light around him and up to two  others other people that aren’t him.  The barrier will reflect the abilities and force of the attacks back at the users then break apart sending small shards of light in a small area dealing moderate damage to those close. 150+ MP of damage can overcome the barrier’s defensive purpose which if happens shatters the barrier normally without the reflect effect.    

Base Ability Cool Down: 3 posts

Tier One
1st Skill:
Fly- Thelen is able to shift the gravity around his body and freely fly or levitate around the air and skies at the same speed as his stat.

2nd Skill:
Intangibility- Thelen using his mastery over space entire body becomes intangible for three posts, unable to be harmed by normal means. However he cannot harm the opponent either. Cool down Three posts

3rd Skill:
Shift-  By making physical contact with a person or if they are in a small area around him Thelen may willingly change or redirect their Mechanical energies to suit his own needs.

4th Skill:
Unstoppable- Thelen is immune to de-buffs

5th Skill:
Avert- Thlelen may force one targeted effect wither magic, ability etc to shift its original target to him making him the new target once per 4 posts.

Tier Two
1st Skill:
Stand back/with me- Thelen is able to project a powerful wave from himself that revert and reply attacks away from him. The force of this comes from his own strength stat meaning he can alter how much of a push he wants to exert. Each time thelen touches the target the force of this is buffed by a moderate high amount. He can also reverse the pull of force towards him instead.  3 post cool down

2nd Skill:
Inner workings- Thelen is able to converted potential energies into kinetic, causing things he has touched to explode based on the energy converted. He is also able to do the reverse and reduce the energy in bursts based on what and how much energy is converted. 2 post cool down.

3rd Skill:
The faster we go- All of Thelen's skill/ abilities cooldowns are lowered by 1 post per character tier. Can’t go pass one

4th Skill:
The wall- Thelen is immune to any effect that would hinder his ability to move and/or perform actions

Tier Three
1st Skill:
Blessed chosen-Thelen blesses an ally or himself, immediately cleansing them of all crowd control as well as granting them speed boost by a severe amount, and immunity other crowd control effects for 2 posts. 4 post cool down

2nd Skill:
Juggernaut- Thelen restores his health by a serve amount that is missing from him expended/divided over the course of 5 posts, the more health he is missing the greater the return. This is made apparent as he glows a dim green tint over his body. During those five posts if he takes damage from any source then a severe amount of the damage he takes is converted into bonus damage resistance for himself. 7 posts cool down

3rd Skill:
To the sun- Thelennx unleashes a huge amount of force  in a area massive area of space around him with the same force as his strength boosted by a severe amount. Lifting everything and everyone one upwards into the skies at fast speeds and incredible height, any except those that Thelen doesn’t want to effect. After 4 posts the force will stop and return to normal. 15 post cool down

Tier Fourth
1st Skill:
Territory- Thelen is able to create a huge sphere of bright light outwardly from his body that extend to its range and remains stationary after being formed. Within this sphere Thelen is able to control the position and placement of anything in its range by teleporting them where he pleases and also being aware of anything currently in the sphere. While the sphere of influence is active Allies gain a servre of health back each post while enemies are dealt a large of light damage. The sphere last for 6 posts before going on a 8 post cool down, once it is created in the area Thelen cannot move it.

2nd Skill:
Crushing force- Each time that Thelen performs physical strikes pulsating blasts of force rains down at massive area around Thelen, hammering down at foes that are around him while he strikes at his main target. The power of this force is equal to his own strength boosted by an extreme amount. If he focuses this into a smaller area then the forces of the hammers by an additional severe amount. This effect last for 5 posts of Thelen’s choosing before going on a 10 post cool down.  

Tier Five
1st Skill:
Herculean- Thelen may apply the entirety of his strength stat to physical blows force included, Times 5. This last for 6 post and is placed on a 10 post cool down afterwards. However Thelen can pick and choose which 6 posts he may uses this effect.

Last edited by Thelennx on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Thelennx
Thelennx

Directory : Profile

Back to top Go down

Limitless Skill tree Empty Re: Limitless Skill tree

Post by Game Master Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm not okay with the effective doubling of strength, even if only for three posts. Moreover, what do you mean by applying it to gravity attacks? I need some clarification on that point.

Light doesn't enable straight absorption. They enable reflection. What you are essentially trying to do is get a barrier that can not be broken, I feel. This can not be done. Powerful abilities, even as a base ability, can and will overcome it. While I dislike giving specifics, something around 150+ MP of damage could overrule the barrier, since I'd rate it as being somewhat on par with a T3 ability at this point.

Keep in mind please: intangible and "unable to be harmed" aren't wholly the same. There are plenty of methods for a player to hit an intangible foe.

Make Avert once per four posts.

It occurs to me that you aren't informed as to what gravity is in depth. Gravity is not so much a "pulling" force as it is an attractive one, between every object of the universe. The more massive the object, the more pull it has. Now, we are a fantasy. That is not what I have a complaint about. I'm trying to understand what bearing your strength has on gravity's ability. Gravity determines relative weight, is determined by relative mass, and is diminished by relative distance. What you seem to be describing is something very similar to magnetism, and no amount of magic will make gravity behave like magnetism. You have the space element. Physics is your playground. Try a different concept.

Stand Back needs to be edited with consideration to the above. Additionally, it will most likely need a cool down.

Arrival needs to be edited with consideration to the above. Additionally, Arrival is a tier two skill. You want to be able to pull any target instantly to you from a large range, cause them damage, and teleport them back to the edge of the range just by touching you? I'll allow you to do a maximum of two of those effects, and they're going to need a cool down.

At tier two, you can lower your cool downs by one per character tier, not two.

Define for me a crowd control effect in this context.

Juggernaut will not convert damage into Health. That is a property of absorption, a T4 exclusive ability. Moreover: most typically absorption must be specialized into a single element that you have. There are few cases where this doesn't hold true. And likely, at Tier Four, you would not be allowed to have an ability that granted you greater healing and absorption against all types of damage. That's creating something beyond an invulnerability.

It should be noted that The Wall would not cover abilities that indirectly caused you to become immobile, such as being turned to stone, being stopped in time, ect. It only prevents abilities that directly act against you from doing so.

With to the Sun: increase the cool down to fifteen posts.

Crushing Force is going to need a cool down.

I still need to know how strength is augmenting gravity. I have absolutely no context for what that means.

Game Master
Admin

https://miragehearts.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Would a serve amount be better then for a longer duration instead of doubling for the Ba? And essentially the idea behind the ability is for me to use my strength as a ranged and AOE attacks. So I was implying that the kinetic energies Thelen would be using to attacks would be equally to his strength stat. I’m thinking telekinesis would be better while I know its suppose to come from the mind thought muscle strength exerted on the nonphysical world might work or even moving the kinetic energies that i am producing body wise and teleporting them around in a similar fashion? but let me know your thoughts on it or how I could re-word it to be acceptable in that context

-----
Will edited barrier for the specific

---
Will do

Will Edited once per four posts

-----

Alright will edit in a cool down, how long where you thinking?

Shall pick two effects

Will edit one per character tier

---------

Varying stuns, slows, being rooted  and silenced or other stats effects that prevents someone say from performing movements or actions

Will changing the absorption into damage adding to his DR be acceptable?

Will edited in 15 post cool down

-----

Would 6 posts cool down after a 3 post cool down work?
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:25 pm

I am only going to clarify something, but beyond that? I understand what you mean now (I think) and I want to give you information to make it a bit more clear. I do believe that what you are referring to is not Kinetic Energy, but Mechanical Energy.

Kinetic Energy is associated with the energy an object possesses due to its motion, like a bullet.

Potential energy is the energy an object possesses due to its position, such as a coiled spring.

Mechanical Energy is the sum of the two parts above. Basically, within a closed and ordered system (such as a pendulum on an old clock) the pendulum swings back and forth. Potential energy catches it when up and forces it down, and at its lowest point kinetic energy will carry it back up.

What you seem to be describing in relation to increasing the force of strength you apply to an object is basically similar to multiplying or adding force in an elastic collision.

Basically?

You are amplifying how powerful your hits are not in terms of damage (though that can be assumed) but in terms of applied force. More than that, by acting on potential energy of of object you are essentially able to force them towards you, and kinetic energy will push them along for as long as it takes for friction to stop them.

Ah, but you wanted something like telekinesis. The above isn't exactly like TK, but can be used to emulate it. If that is confusing, then I apologize. We can try to simplify. I want to understand what you are going for so that I can help you get it. Hence, the research I've done above. If something else seems to fit more what you want- such as just basic telekinesis as you've compared this to, then tell me and we'll shift focus on that.

We'll worry about the cool down duration as well as other details after we hash out what we're going to do with the above information. This is a complex tree and its concepts are deserving of dedicated focus, and I will do my best to see an outcome to the important factors as quickly as possible so that we can move one from there. Once gravity/notgravity/maybegravity/partialgravity is fully established, we'll be able to wrap the approval up in no time at all. We just need to fit a key to a lock, first.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you for putting in the effort learning is interesting (And never was good at physics during school) but it raises a question for me.

What would the pros and cons of apply Kinetic Energy and Mechanical Energy manipulation as opposed to TK? While the complexity is nice for say pushing higher forms of creation concepts would it mechanic be much different from each other? and like abilities differ from each other?
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Well, that depends. To me, Telekinesis isn't exclusively space-related. It's more a mental manipulation, and not aligned with any element. It is pretty powerful, and I suppose its power can related to any statistic one desires as long as it is made clear in what capacity it relates. For instance, if TK is tied to speed, what about it is speed related? So, it would create a specialized TK- at least, that is what I feel. I could see arguments for and against that.

Now, having space as an advanced element, and really having any advanced element is not a requirement in order to have those abilities on a skill tree, since we've established before that a skill tree is tied to a character and their supernatural things. That said, if a character without space tried to make a space tree, they'd be denied basically outright. While it would be staff member discretion, a handful of those abilities here and there across multiple trees isn't, in my opinion, so terribly bad.

Saying that, you have space. So, we can move on past the above and to what you can use it for. Personally I feel there is greater potential in manipulating either Mechanical, Kinetic, or Potential Energy. While telekinesis is arguably more versatile, this feels like it could be more powerful. Whether or not it could all be done in the base ability is something I will answer with a resounding no. It would be very brutal to let a single base ability have that.

For instance- we do allow Telekinesis to pick up everything, including player characters and non-player characters alike. Often there is a limit to what TK can target, how it targets it, and how much it can target at once either by object limit or weight limit. If it is a high weight limit, usually an object limit may be assigned. This is not always the case.

While you would likely face similar restrictions with less versatility, the specialization would be powerful even if limited in that way. Where basic TK can only hold a gun and requires more complexity to fire it, you could manipulate the potential energy of the hammer and for the gun to fire from a distance. If somebody punches you, you could redirect that Kinetic Energy elsewhere. If a person is moving, by focusing on them you could screw with their movements by acting on the mechanical energy they utilize. There are a lot of applications that are powerful and specific versus TK.

To make it even more clear: TK scales with a stat you choose, is very broad, and can be modified to do cool and more specific things.

The alternative is already specific, doesn't need to scale based on what it mainly does, and could be modified to be even more specific and cool than TK.

So it comes down to the kind of utility you want. If you want to sweep across the battlefield in a very trollriffic manner Telekinesis. If you want to be more suited for fights with smaller groups of enemies, P/K/ME manipulation is definitely better.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:19 am

Hmm would bi h concepts be exclusive to each other or could I mix and match them together to get similar abilities close to the ones I currently have?
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:05 am

Yes, but keep in mind that they are different enough that they can not and should not be seen as the same thing, even though they can be used for similar purposes.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:10 am

ok I've chosen to try and play around with the two concepts and mix them together here so correct me if i got any of them wrong.

Mostly I fixed the wording of them to better fit the themes were talked about (so like took out the gravity stuff a lot of times)

I think i did all the changes i suggest to all the other stuff as well prior to the brain storming as well

I also removed "Arrival" and added the new abilities "Inner workings" In the t2's
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:45 am

Strike matter creation from Inner Workings. While an interesting thought it is powerful enough to be its own ability, as well as the fact that it lacks any actual definition or limitation.

For Juggernaut: you don't need to change anything, but I need to make you aware that while this ability will boost your Damage Resistance, keep it mind that it will never be as good at doing so as a person who has actually dedicated themselves to DR. Ultimately, the damage you "convert" is still going to be negligible, since there is not straight translation of Damage to Damage Resistance. So, if an attack deals severe damage it would be in the neighborhood of a comparative 1-1.5% increase in resistance.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:56 am

removed matter creations

and hmmm can I say boost the healing abilities instead? not touch the damage that affects him just powering up the healing of it if he is damaged
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Didn't the last proposed version of the ability was worded in the manner that you basically healed for the damage gained, which I disallowed. If the augmentation to healing, which I assume is specific to you, would perfectly cover that damage you received exactly as to make it not matter at all I could not allow it, barring a fair analysis and argument to the contrary.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thelennx Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:10 pm

alrighty I'll keep it as damage reduction then

Also buffed up territory to do more damage and upped the duration and cooldown of it
Thelennx
Thelennx

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Approved.

Game Master
Admin

Back to top Go down