MH Academy: A Kingdom Hearts AU
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Account Switcher
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» Bring it back!
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 4:52 am by Break

» Tragedy
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 4:50 am by Zihark

» Unhealthily Determined Janitorial Staff (OPEN)
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun May 14, 2017 8:05 am by Griffin

» Day one (open)
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptyMon May 01, 2017 2:24 am by Meara

» The first punch [Sable]
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:42 pm by Meara

» Stinger
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:51 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Pacem
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Maculata
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 3:11 pm by Sidonia Barta

» Shirou Velox
Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 am by Faye

Skill-Trees and Summons

Abilities

Lore

Lore

Skill-Trees and Summons

Community

Community Intern
Affiliates

Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu)

2 posters

Go down

Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) Empty Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu)

Post by Marigold Darkson Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:43 pm

With the meeting adjourned, everybody was dismissed and had their time for themselves. She didn't bombard them with major plans, because she was ahead of time on her little conquest. Way ahead of time. All the woman needed to do now, was fortify and make known the Darkson territory to her comrades. However, every bit of territory required the best defenses possible at the moment, which is why Marigold requested that Zulu follow her to her office.

A little bit before that, though, she had noticed Tsumiko was acting beyond weirder than usual. Drunk off of four glasses of wine, averted her eyes quite nervously, and overall having a display of inconspicuous behavior. That was enough for the queen to go over to her number 1 and ask that she follow the songstress. It was mean to have the woman spied on, but Mari couldn't take the risk. Should she know something of Darius Fetch, then she should spill the beans. But if not, then that was okay, she'll just have to use her, to lead her eyes and ears to him.

Now back to the more important things, since Zulu was made the recent head of R&D, it was obvious that they were going to be getting to business as soon as possible. There was something about what happened in Twilight Town, plus the meeting with Renate Kain, had the woman needing to prepare for any form of conflict, whether it'd be Heartless, or something more than the darkness. First thing's first, was the amount of munitions and defenses found in the Twilight Town clock tower after it fell. Queen Marigold made sure to strip it down completely and had all of its materials transferred to a very safe and well observed area for an occasion just like this.

"Are you well accommodated, Zulu?" She chimed in suddenly and within a few moments, they arrived at her office. Marigold opened it with a hologram keypad and utilized a code alongside it. Once she did, the door came open and revealed the neat and tidy room they'd be using. A spacious room, with a rose-red paint-job gave character to the place, her desk a charcoal black in color, with two regal laps on separate edges of the desk. Her chair was simple and appeared to be on a swivel. She sat on it, clapped her hands, and turned on the lights. Everything was illuminated further, even though the satin curtains let in some of the twilight already.

Mari didn't have to tell the man to sit, so she knew he'd seat himself soon after herself.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu) Empty Re: Twilight Town's Savior (Zulu)

Post by Changeling Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:11 pm

The message from the rooftop was temporarily forgotten to give his full attention to the situation at hand. Head of R&D, was it? There was no saying no to that, not when the tools and resources would only be one requisition slip away from getting it. Not to mention he could develop his tech in his own little workshop. Well, it won't be 'his' per se, but it had a few advantages that would help him get started quickly, one being it was funded by the ruler of this territory.

But with advantages, this deal had their disadvantages too. The first being the fact that he possibly be working of things that were for others, which would require a great deal of time to get just right, which could very well steal all his time.

Even while deep in thought, he still caught Marigold's query. "Very much so," he said simply, focusing on the woman as they entered the office. It looked simple yet somehow seemed expensive, and as the lights made it seem, brightly lit. Making good use of resources.

Sitting down in front of the desk right after the woman sat herself down, Zulu asked what needed to be asked: "Was there something you needed to discuss with me?"
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:25 pm

A warm smile came to her lips and her hands folded into one another. The question was finally asked and thus, the business mask took itself upon her features.

"Zulu, I'll get straight to the point. After the recovery mission of Twilight Town, we found something very interesting within the clock tower itself." The woman started. "Munitions, lots of them. I scrounged up every last bit and piece of metal, cleaned it out thoroughly. At first, I was about to have them all melted down and converted for something of a more... Mundane task. However, Lily, your partner in crime, decided that it'd be best to use it for something a little bit more ambitious." That's when a grin spread on her lips and she zipped her coat down to her chest area. From there, she popped off a few buttons, reached into her cleavage, and retrieved a document from herself. The parchment was rolled out and revealed an interesting project that the Darkson sisters managed to cook up. She slid the piece over to her new head of Research and Development.

"What do you think? Something like this seem doable for you? Maybe it's a little out of your league?" The queen teased her charge and sat back in her chair, arms crossed beneath her bust. What she wanted from Roy was something that could really help protect their territory and if proper tests were ran, completed, then approved, they could mass-produce their project and send them across all worlds owned by them. Should Zulu look closely, there'd be that fire of conquest in the young woman's eyes.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 am

It wasn't surprising that there was some hidden munitions in the old clock tower, given the mobs roaming the streets before the bombing happened, what was mildly so was the fact that it didn't all blow up in the inferno, but the following flood might have answers to that. After revealing this, Marigold appeared to start a strip tease, but the cyborg didn't react. This sort of thing was common when he was dealing with women with power, trying to get their hirelings to show weakness. He was past that. He'd give no satisfaction.

Marigold reached into herself and showed the cyborg some plans to his new project. Of course by the time the paper was slid to him, he had already saved the plans in his database. Every goal seemed attainable, and that was appreciated.

He took the paper and tapped the table twice. Two blobs of dark gray matter appeared on the furniture, moving erratically before taking the forms of featureless humans the size of the average action figure, armed with two glowing swords each. "Was this what you had in mind? A human-sized batch of these would be quick to recreate. But if we're talking titan-sized, it'll be a little more difficult, but if you provide the resources I need, then the first prototype will be done... a day to a week after I receive the supplies, depending on the size of the product. I assume you're providing me with ample work space for this."
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:19 am

Her golden orbs turned over to the gray matter figures and watched as they moved about. She was definitely thinking much, much larger. However, the man had a point. Smaller units yielded an even massive army, with even more produced warriors waiting to fight at a moments notice. The plans were perfect. There was a thought that came across her mind and she figured they'd have to models. Two very distinct both in size and appearance.

"How about we start with the smaller, more man-sized variants. Have them be tested out in various different environments, against different opponents? Scatter them through the world and have people fight them. Each one with a scaling 'difficulty'? That way, we can judge their use and even more so, find out who else has some sort of special talent we can recruit. Also, there wouldn't be anything wrong rewarding the test dummies for their time, no?" Marigold had asked, as she spit-balled her ideas to the man. "Once we get our intended results, then we can move on to the titan... One thing's for certain though, Roy..." She used his actual name and her eyes turned stern. Not towards him, but towards a possible future she wishes to prevent. "I don't want a repeat of what happened those few months ago. But also, there's another threat out in the world, possibly multiple. I won't sit by and leave ourselves defenseless." The woman spoke with much conviction. Her hands had folded over her lips at this point.

"Forgive my bit of prattling. Anyways, you'll plenty of room and supplies. I'll make sure you're well accommodated at our main base. That'll be all, unless you have any further questions." Her features softened and Mari smiled at her mercenary. She didn't show it at all, but the queen was a little disappointed he didn't react in the slightest towards her bit seduction. Maybe she was getting too old...
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:58 am

Upon the use of his name, his eyes became just a little bit narrower. The message he found on the rooftop came to mind, but he didn't ask whether or not the queen had any ties to the people behind that message. He was going to meet them soon anyway, so there was no need to make the air tense with accusations. "There will always be a threat that can hold their own against whatever defenses we can put up. But rest assured that if we meet such a threat, they won't be taking anything without losing ninety percent of their resources. Of course, you yourself will be greatly influencing the outcomes, so it's up to you to take the remaining ten. Artificial intelligence can only accomplish so much."

Zulu nodded to the woman. "I'll have the man-sized variant prototypes over in twelve hours. For the initial showcase. If you could gather volunteers by then, then we can start with the performance tests. Otherwise, the only other option is to let them loose in the worlds and see how long it takes for people to destroy them all. That, or have a good old fashioned battle royal. Up to you, really. Now I'm assuming Lily will be joining me with this project?"
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 pm

The Queen had nodded her head when Roy told her that the last bits of a battle always boiled down to her influence. She removed a hand from her mouth and balled it into a fist.

"I'd take much more if it were possible..." Marigold spoke. After that, there was a simple nod of her head when the man began to give his suggestions. A softer smile came to her lips when told about the estimated time of arrival for the man-sized units. Should everything go as planned, then that would mean they'd be able to move along with building up the Darkson army further. When inquired about the assistance of Lily, her younger sister, the woman nodded easily. "But of course. She'll be more than happy to know about this project and it'll get you two to know each other, that way you'll both be comfortable with working in the same room." She smiled.

"Also..." Her voice had trailed and her eyes locked onto the man's own orbs. "Something curious has wormed it's way into my personal messages. Wanna know what it said...?" Mari asked with a smirk on her lips, now left visible with the removal of both her hands.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:51 pm

"I'm no stranger to working with strangers. I'll have no problem adjusting." The mercenary turned to leave, but a final note stopped him in his tracks. He turned back around to see the woman staring right into his sorry excuse for a soul. He was no stranger to this either. A message, she says? If it was personal, why would she even mention it?

There was a budding suspicion the message had something to do with his own. 'Do not get too comfortable with your new partners and friends.' That part of the message he found was brought out from the depths of his subconscious, only solidifying his hunch. "Okay, since you brought it up, what was it about?" he said, waving a hand in a slightly impatient manner before crossing his arms.

So far there weren't any armed guards in the vicinity, so whatever it was, it shouldn't be too bad.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:43 pm

Marigold had hoped that deep down this next conversation wouldn't strike a wedge between their cooperation with one another. Even though that message she received through her private line had been a warning of sorts, it was still something she had to address almost immediately. Should he have nothing to hide, he'd easily be able to convince the queen, that the assumptions towards him were true or false. Regardless, she'd have to do everything in her mindset to figure out why his motives are as such and depending on his answer, she would have a different opinion of him immediately after.

"First off, Roy, it appeared to have been a warning. Some sort of anonymous tip that you are likely scheming against me and the rest of my family, in the event you deem us as threats, or should our deal with one another goes south." She explained and had paraphrased most of the message. Her eyes, crimson and sparkling in the twilight despite the use of curtains. Should he have been more... Human, the man would have been able to feel the pull of Mari's being. Just by sitting there, her charisma seemed to exude itself. She didn't demand for the truth, no, she simply asked for it. "Are their accusations of your impending treachery true?" The woman asked with a smile on her ruby-red lips. Marigold used specific words with the intent to vilify and wanted to see how her new head of R&D would handle their sting.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:31 pm

There was no surprise in Zulu's face when Marigold revealed a warning of his methods, without telling him the entire story. Why would she, right? The cyborg smirked after chuckling darkly with his arms crossed. "Scheming implies I execute a plan against you unprovoked. Believe it or not, I'm a mercenary with principles, and one of them is to refrain from betraying a contract while its still in play, taken into consideration their priority." Zulu matched the woman's gaze with his piercing stare, dropping the smirk and adapting a frown in its place. "But to be fully transparent, yes, I am equipping myself to destroy you all if you ever dare to stab me, or anyone under my wing, in the back without cause. My loyalty may have been bought, but its worth should not be taken for granted. I hope we have an understanding on the matter."

Mercenaries aren't the most trustworthy folks in their employer's eyes, that much he knew, so a little provocation on their part could have dire consequences against the merc. To keep that from happening, he makes it clear that both parties have daggers placed against their throats, but he would never be the one to slit first, unless someone specifically hired him to act as a party's lapdog and wait until the throat was bare and exposed. It's not hard to understand the logic, but he wouldn't hassle himself to try and explain it.

After saying his peace, his visage reverted to the friendly smirk, and he loosened up.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:00 pm

"I got myself a good one, didn't I?" Marigold asked herself, when it came to her evaluation of the mercenary. No sarcasm in her thoughts, only respect, which was hard to give in the first place, but easy to lose. However, there wasn't any cause for Roy to lose that compliment from her, because he and the queen thought on an extremely similar manner. Organizations as big as her own, people who she knew had acknowledged their own skills and talents, plus the chance for corruption among one's ranks, always gave cause for concern. This concern gave rise to contingency plans that would help keep one's life preserved for a while longer. Thus, Mari had plans of her own. Should any of her allies, even family, attempt to combat her through greed or idiotic ideology. she'd be ready to combat them one way or the other. The mercenary was no exception to this and apparently, neither was she to him.

"Anyone under your wing, hm? Am I safe to assume that there are more of you then?" She asked with a coy tone. All throughout, she had never lost her own smile and was quite satisfied with the man's answer, yet she wouldn't show or tell him that. Rather, she just left it as is. The one thing the two would understand, was that there were indeed knives at each others' throats. Should they have to slit the other's throat, they better well make sure it kills them soon after. Regardless, Marigold had no need to pull the plug on such a resourceful and attractive mercenary like Roy, not after this at least. She knew where his loyalty lied and how he conducted business. That was all she needed to know.
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 am

"Plenty more," he said simply tilting his head slightly to view the scenery behind them. In fact, one of his soldiers had already visited this place back when the rubble was still fresh. The two of them haven't made contact yet, but the both of them knew of each other's presence. It shouldn't be long until the Shadows spread out, gathering intel and all those sensitive information he'd need to stay a step ahead of any soon-to-be rival groups.

"I'll let you know once I've reestablished contact with them. You might be interested in what they've procured." With how much scavenging his group does when they're able, coupled with the fact that he's got agents in various companies feeding the Shadows with new tech and concepts, the Crimson Shadows doubled as a large player in the black market. "But do know that they'll come with a price."

After all, he wasn't running a charity.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:19 pm

And why shouldn't he have had more? Once again, she just needed to hear it from the source itself. They both had discovered the method of coming to this new universe, so why not bring their remaining forces? Marigold on the other hand, wasn't about to just bring over all of her assets. That'd just cause disaster where she was from. It was already bad enough that the would be king, along with the princesses were here with her. Then again, they did have Florenthal... Regardless, what Roy did was akin to what she did and thus, it shouldn't have come as a surprise.

"Consider them hired, dear. Know, that I have faith in your abilities, equipment, and most of all, the people you work under." She started. "But above all else, I..." Her voice had trailed off and a smirk replaced her smile. The queen humbled herself for a moment. "I respect you, a lot. Anyone who works for you must have that same tendency to get things done, and efficiently at that. Despite that, however, I'd like to meet them. Need to know who is taking my money, you know?" The woman said and giggled softly there after. Mari attempted to save face after her little admission and truth be told, it had been quite a while since she had been in the company of someone so competent as him. Not only did it refresh her, but it was attractive to a very large degree. The vampire enjoyed the company of charismatic, capable men. Never was it the status and hardly was the appearance (which wasn't a problem for him), but the aptitude to take care of oneself was what made a woman like her, notice someone. Roy definitely had the skill to do all of that and he was most definitely noticed by the queen...
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 am

Very well. It seemed she had enough credits to afford his and his men's services, but it'd be best that he himself limit that to those outside of Haven. He needed independent units open for other contracts, which would definitely give his outfit more opportunities. The difference between a hired group and a private army should be kept distinct as it hurts business. Moreover, it's so that his employer doesn't make the mistake of thinking they own the Shadows. They may ask them to do something, but Zulu has the final say in the matter.

Lines have to be drawn, and this is his way of making sure they don't cross it.

It was surprising to hear someone outside of the mercenary rosters to say that they respected him. That doesn't happen too often. That's when he noticed her looking at him strangely, a little admiration, if nothing more. "Understood. I'll introduce you to whoever ends up working in this branch. Would that be all?" The way she was looking at him told him everything he needed to know. But whether this was true or just a mask to fool him, he couldn't know for sure just yet. However, he wasn't going to entertain that for now. That was for another time. There are much more important things to look into.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Marigold Darkson Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:23 pm

"That'll be all, for now." Marigold said and turned her back to the man. Her figure fluidly made its way over to one of the curtained windows. The way how the woman's hips swayed would have easily caught the attention of any man, but that wasn't the intention. A few easy fingers made their way to the satin material and she opened them a bit, the twilight becoming even brighter into that bit of the room. Golden eyes that danced with the orange sun turned themselves upon the rest of the town. They had come quite a ways since the last couple of months, but they still had some ground to cover. She still had some ground to cover.

If and when Roy left, the Queen would hold the left side of her head. A low growl escaped her lips and she could feel it, she felt it quite easily at that. The demon on the inside continued to claw its way through her mind and soul. Mari didn't have much time left, but she'd be damned if her last few months would be anything more than painful. No, she was going to settle this as soon as possible...
Marigold Darkson
Marigold Darkson

Back to top Go down

Post by Changeling Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:59 am

"Then I shall be on my way." Zulu bowed slightly and turned to leave, shutting the door behind him, but not before seeing the swaying hind of the woman. Just because he wasn't up for a closer connection, didn't mean he couldn't appreciate a form such as her's. But now that that was all over, there was another matter he needed to attend to: the strange message, and the promise of a job, or maybe even a partnership by the sound of it.

He had the coordinates, plus the date of their rendezvous, and the specification that he shouldn't scout out that area beforehand. He chalked it up to keeping that little known area from anyone else's prying eyes. If that was the case, then it's understandable. He could easily tell that this person knew her way around the underground.
Changeling
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down